Sugar Rock Events & Designs Reviews

31 | Huntsville, AL

31 Reviews for Sugar Rock Events & Designs

Megan · Married on 04/23/2016

Kris handled the month of coordination for our wedding. Working with her was great! She asked a lot of questions we wouldn't have thought to ask and made sure our wedding day was completely stress free. Her scheduling and vendor coordination made everything go off without a hitch and we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day. She was sweet, easy to work with, and very professional.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Angie · Married on 07/11/2015

She was wonderful and always ready to help me at anytime!! Professional and courteous!! Would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/25/2015

Hiring Kris was the best decision I made planning our wedding. I only wish I hired her for full coordination instead of just day of coordination. She goes over and beyond, thinks of everything, and made our day seamless. Her fee is a great value for the quality of service you will receive.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Dorothea · Married on 03/07/2015

Kris is the best wedding planner my daughter and I have ever seen. She is on top of everything. As the mother of the bride she afforded me the opportunity to enjoy my daughter's wedding making it one of the best days of our lives.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Amy · Married on 12/27/2014

I don't even know where to start....
    When planning my wedding, I knew exactly what I wanted from the beginning but also knew I wanted someone to make everything go smoothly. Kris was all that and more! My husband and I have said many times since our wedding day that everything just went perfectly and Kris was the reason for that. She took all the stress and craziness of that day and whether things went perfectly or not, to us they did as she handled everything. She was a godsend to us and I would recommend her to anyone as someone they cannot do without!! She kept us on schedule and allowed us to just be able to enjoy our special day and not worry about anything! I can't say enough good things about her!!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Becky · Married on 12/20/2014

I can honestly say that we could not have pulled off our wedding without Kris from Sugar Rock Events. If you are currently on the fence about hiring a wedding planner I would highly recommend it, and Kris is the best of the best. Because our ceremony and reception were at different sites, Kris played a crucial role on our wedding day. Her sense of style and wonderful personality make her the best wedding planner you could ask for!

Sent on 02/14/2015

Kristy was so sweet and professional. As parents of the bride, Rob and I were so happy and RELAXED weeks and days leading up to the wedding. Thanks to Kristy Everything was PERFECT wedding day!!! We would certainly recommend Sugar Rock Events and already have.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Stacy · Married on 11/08/2014

I don't know if there is enough space to write all the great things about Kris! I was an out of town bride and she really made it easy for me and my husband. She was extremely flexible and knowledgable, her judgement on vendors were spot on! She made our visions come true. I would recommend Kris to anyone anywhere!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Allison · Married on 09/20/2014

Kris is truly amazing!! I had not planned on using a wedding planner. I had 7 months between my engagement and my wedding to get everything put together. However, God had other plans for my family. My father nearly died from Septic shock after a biopsy caused a blood infection. Then, my previously healthy Grandparents got very sick and passed away 22 days apart. We found mold in my husband's house and had to renovate, then I fell down the stairs and broke my foot. All of a sudden, we were DESPERATE for help b/c our life circumstances and full-time jobs took priority over wedding plans. We found Kris, and she swooped in and saved the day!! I had very little "vision" after a crazy few months and Kris was a very patient listener, she presented WONDERFUL ideas, and very much met my only critieria... to keep love for family and each other at the core of the wedding. She patiently worked with my FOUR flower girls and TWO ring bearers and wrangled everyone with ease. Kris always presented a professional and polished approach with the vendors and I was proud to have her represent me. I was so relaxed on my wedding day and was really able to sit back, breathe, enjoy my wonderful family, and concentrate on the vows I was making to my sweet Husband. Kris turned a heart-breaking few months from disaster, to a lovely tribute to merging two families into one. I am forever grateful for her!!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Brooke · Married on 09/06/2014

Sugar Rock Events planned, decorated, and coordinated our engagement party, and it was absolutely perfect. The house was decorated beautifully, the favors were AWESOME (candy bar, cake pops, & koozies), and the entire evening was completely stress free and so much fun thanks to Sugar Rock Events!! I couldn't have asked for a better night! I know our wedding in September will be just as beautiful, stress-free, and fun! I highly recommend Sugar Rock Events to anyone planning a wedding, party, or event!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2014

Hiring Kris Clark of Sugar Rock Events was probably the single best decision I made in planning my wedding. I actually found her through looking for vendors here on Wedding Wire, and I'm so glad I contacted her!

First, Kris has the absolute perfect personality to be an event coordinator. She was friendly, personable, professional, and positive throughout the entire process. Second, she was incredibly reasonably priced! I never thought that we could really afford a coordinator, but she went above and beyond to truly made our wedding day a success. I never realized how many tiny details there were in wedding planning, and she significantly reduced me (and my mother's) stress.

We hired Kris for day-of coordination and for event design. I had a very specific vision for how I wanted the day to be decorated, and she made it all come together beautifully! Best of all, she knows all the rental places and has her own extensive stock of rental items that she personalized for our day. Basically, we told her our budget and our vision, and she was able to find rentals that fit our needs. There's no way I would have been able to make the entire look come together so successfully if not for her!

She was always available through email, texting and we even skyped one time as well to discuss details while I was at school. Throughout the day of our wedding, it was so comforting to know that I could just relax and enjoy, and someone was taking care of making everything run smoothly. I even had several vendors tell me how much they enjoyed working with Kris! If you haven't hired a coordinator, GO HIRE KRIS NOW. She's amazing. You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Joy · Married on 06/28/2014

Making the decision to hire a wedding planner/coordinator was not easy. There are so many options available in the Huntsville area. There was also the obstacle of our budget. After much research we decided to hire Kris Clark of Sugar Rock Events. And it turned out to be the best decision we could have made.

Throughout the process of planning, designing, and executing all that was required for my daughter's wedding, Kris was delightful to work with. She brought calmness into many stressful times. Her ideas were always in line with the goals we had for the wedding and reception. Her confidence and experience helped ease the hesitations we had in releasing many of the responsibilities to someone else (I am typically fairly controlling). Even though she had carefully planned many details, she was never defensive or dismissive to any suggestions and "lists" that we provided.

Kris also worked with our budget. Her offerings were "a la carte" which allowed us to pick the services we could afford. She gave detailed quotes on floral and design options and easily adjusted these when we requested changes.

Kris created the silk flower arrangements that were used at the ceremony and reception. There were very beautiful, and looked very close to fresh flowers. Many of the guests were surprised when I told them they were silk. However, I did not know until the day of the wedding that Kris had actually created the fresh floral arrangements (bouquets, etc.). I was delighted, and very surprised. The quality and beauty of these were what I expected from professional floral designers.

Her "day of" service was superb. As mother-of-the-bride I was able to enjoy the day without the stress of moment-by-moment details and direction responsibility. Everything went smoothly and without any hiccups! I was not aware of how much she handled until after the day was over. It is difficult to imagine how this beautiful day would have come together without Kris!

Sent on 09/09/2014
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/17/2014

Hiring Kris was the best decision I made in regards to our wedding! If there is ONE pieces of advice I would give to future brides, I would say to hire a wedding planner, and not just anyone - Kris! I hired Kris for the month of coordinating service, but we were in contact way before the month of the wedding. She was always available for any planning or etiquette question I had, and we were in constant communication.

I am a very detailed and organized person, and it was very important to me that our wedding planner have the same characteristics, and Kris definitely does! She stayed on top of every little detail and coordination with the other vendors. She has great relationships with area vendors and recommended two great makeup and hair vendors, which I ended up using for the wedding.

I'm an interior designer and the design and decor of the wedding was most important to me. We had numerous decorations and handmade details. Kris set up all the decorations (and there were a lot of them!) at the reception, and made the space SO beautiful! Guests told me over and over again that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to!

I cannot recommend Kris enough! She is organized, detailed, efficient, professional, an excellent communicator, and all around wonderful person! If you hire her, you will definitely not regret it!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Other than choosing my husband, hiring Sugar Rock Events was the best decision I made regarding my wedding! I am a Project Manager professionally and was more than capable of planning and coordinating my wedding; however, it's very difficult to coordinate all of the details and enjoy your day as the bride. We debated assigning tasks to friends and family, but ultimately decided we wanted them to have a worry free day and be able to enjoy the celebration too. Sugar Rock took care of EVERYTHING! If there was anything that came up, either leading up to the wedding or on the day of, Sugar Rock handled it (most of the time without us knowing there was ever an issue).

We had a hard time finding a florist that understood our vision and didn't try to overdue what we were asking for. Sugar Rock stepped up and did all of our flower arrangements and decoration at the church and reception venue for less than every florist quote we received. I can't say enough about how well the finished product matched what we had wanted. It was perfect!

Sugar Rock has a wide variety of packages available that you can tailor to meet all of your needs, regardless of your budget. It's absolutely worth your time to contact Sugar Rock!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Buddy · Married on 04/05/2014

I had the pleasure of serving as the officiant at a wedding planned by Kris Clark of Sugar Rock Events. As soon as she knew of my involvement she stayed in touch and reviewed what the couple and I had put together for the ceremony.
    She was so thorough, patient and yet totally in control of the rehearsal. All the participants responded to her and it was very efficient.
    Therefore, the wedding was perfect from my view.
    Having someone with the talent that Kris has makes for a worry free wedding for the couple, and just as importantly, for the parents.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Sugar Rock! Kris met with me numerous times and was in constant communication to ensure that all the details were fine tuned. Even last minute changes were handled with perfection. You cannot go wrong with Sugar Rock involved in your big day. You will be able to relax and enjoy knowing that the details are in the hands of someone who is dedicated to making your day special.

Sent on 04/19/2014

Pam · Married on 03/22/2014

Kris was calm and in control for my daughters wedding. She is so nice and professional and even served as a shoulder to cry on for this mother of the bride!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Julie · Married on 10/19/2013

Krista did an awesome job with decor and overall smoothness of everything throughout the day. It was a beautiful wedding and the decor and superb organization made the day such a memorable event .She handled everything with a smile and went above and beyond to make the day special !! Thanks Krista ! You rock!

Ben · Married on 10/19/2013

Absolutely amazing! Extremely helpful and involved. Nothing gets left to chance. Our wedding was perfect, would not change a single thing!

sarah · Married on 10/19/2013

Krista was a huge part in making our wedding phenomenal. She was extremely helpful and supportive throughout the entire process. She was always quick to respond to any phone calls, text messages, or emails. She took time to understand our vision for the day and made sure we had everything exactly as we wanted. She coordinated with our caterer, dj, pastor, and the hall representative to make sure everything ran smoothly both during the planning stages and the day of, taking a ton of worry off of our shoulders. The decor that she created and found for us was breathtaking, we told her ideas of what w e wanted and she far exceeded anything we could've put together ourselves. She transformed our bland hall into something out of a fairy tale. Every step of the process krista's professionalism, organization, creativity, and caring made our wedding planning and wedding day absolutely worry free and amazing. I would highly highly recommend her to anyone and everyone who is need if event planning and or decor!

• F

Frankie · Married on 10/19/2013

Sugar Rock Events did a fabulous job! The decorations were exquisite, the hall's transformation was just beautiful! No details were forgotten. I would not hesitate recommending her services.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Nancy · Married on 10/12/2013

Krista from Sugar Rock Events was a God send. She kept everything on task, the bland hall was transformed into a wonderland! Things could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Jayne · Married on 10/04/2013

Krista was the best! Professional and detail oriented with experience and ideas second to non. She went over and above to make sure the day was perfect! And it was! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and went off without a hitxh. Thank you again. Friends and family r still raving about how stunning and nice the wedding was. You won't be sorry if you book kristas services.

Sent on 11/22/2013

My wife and I utilized Sugar Rock to plan and execute our wedding from start to finish. We are a very budget based couple and Krista not only held the budget she exceeded our expectations for the wedding decor. During the process we had many questions, Krista answered them all quickly and thoroughly. On the day of our event krista and her team thought of everything and made sure our special day went seemlessly, allowing us to enjoy our wedding without worry. Our wedding was perfect, so thank you Krista and the Sugar Rock team!!!!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Tonya · Married on 09/01/2013

If ever there was a fairy God mother, Krista Clarke (of Sugar Rock Events) is that person! Krista and the Sugar Rock Event team truly made all of my wedding day dreams come true!

Here are a few reasons why I loved having Sugar Rock Events as part of my vendor team & why I highly recommend them:

1. Great personality: From our initial consultation I was impressed with Krista's friendliness & professionalism. She truly listens to the needs of her clients. She is amazingly creative & talented, but she will not force her ideas on you.

2. She is accessible: We met in person, via Skype, and over the phone as often as I liked. She never made me feel like I was a bother, or that I had too many questions or concerns.

3. She is very well priced: Did I mention that with all of those meetings (see # 2) I didn't even have the most expensive plan in her package? Talk about going above and beyond! Krista is worth her weight in gold! I did my research on event planners in my area and let me tell you, some of the prices I saw were more expensive than my reception venue! My number one goal was not to go into debt for my wedding, and I did not. Thanks to Krista, I didn't have to compromise on decor or go into debt for a one day event!

4. She's budget conscious: Hello? It's a recession! There are planners out there who will encourage you to spend money that you do not have in order to make their planning easier! What sets Sugar Rock Events apart is that they will take your vision and work within your budget, and the end result will be more amazing than you could have ever hoped for! Our ceremony and venue was beautiful. She took my ideas and made them come alive, and it didn't require breaking the bank just thinking outside of the box.

5. She's passionate: You can tell Krista loves what she does by the wonderful service she provides. As a bride it was comforting to know that I was working with an event planner who truly loved her job!

Sent on 10/02/2013