Sugar Plum Bakery Reviews

25 | Kingston, MA

25 Reviews for Sugar Plum Bakery

25 Sugar Plum Bakery Reviews

Ally · Married on 08/31/2018

Extremely responsive through out the whole planning process. The tasting was extremely fun and informative. Cake turned out beautiful and DELICIOUS, and I’m gluten free as well which is hard to come by! They also did 150 gluten free half and half cookies, which is a family favorite of mine. Huge hit!

Sugar Plum Bakery 1

coleen · Married on 04/28/2018

Johanna did an awesome job, very easy to work with. She made my daughter feel special. Both cookies and the wedding cake was beautiful and delicious.... Highly recommend

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2017

Johanna is such a down to earth and fun person to work with. She made us feel so comfortable and at easy during our cake tasting. Her suggestions for our cake were amazing and suitable for our color scheme and theme. Seeing our cake on our wedding just made the day that more special because it came out perfect.

Monica · Married on 10/08/2016

Joanna is amazing!! She's incredibly helpful and accommodating and just fun to work with in general. Thank you to Sugar Plum Bakery for making us the most delicious and beautifully decorated cake for our wedding!

My cake vendor fell through 2 weeks before my wedding. I panicked. Sugar Plum Bakery was suggested by my venue and when I called, I was TOTALLY blown away by how flexible and accommodating Johanna was! She assured me that she could make it happen and asked me questions about the design I had in mind. Sugar Plum Bakery even found time to squeeze in a cake tasting for me. Her cake was delicious and her design what very close to what I had envisioned. I was very pleased with their services.

Anne · Married on 11/07/2015

Sugar Plum Bakery was great! We had an excellent tasting where they provided us with many options and many visuals to help us decide what we wanted. They customized our order to include cupcake wrappers that matched our wedding theme. They worked really well with our florist to add the finishing touches to our cake including a floral arrangement cake topper.

Not to mention our cake and cupcakes were delicious!!!!!

Julie · Married on 05/02/2015

Sugar Plum Bakery was professional and FUN! Everything from the cake tasting to the flexibility in design was extremely easy, convenient, and achieved as we requested. They are terrific and so friendly to work with!

Sharon · Married on 10/25/2014

Sugar Plum Bakery made our cake for my bridal shower and wedding. They also supplied the cookies, for our cookie bar at our wedding. Their attention to detail was amazing and the cakes and cookies were delicious. All of our guest raved about how good everything was. Not only was everything amazing but everyone that works is fantastic and very talented!

Alex · Married on 06/07/2014

Johanna and her team at Sugar Plum are amazing and very helpful. I had some funky ideas about what I wanted to do for my wedding and Johanna made it all possible. All of my guests loved all the different flavors of whoopee pies and were stashing them out as they left. She even with last minute notice was able to make a small cake for my grandparents.

dan · Married on 10/12/2013

They were an awesome bakery that listened to what we wanted and gave us a great cake for the wedding and the shower.

erica · Married on 07/28/2012

Sugar Plum did the cupcakes and favors for my wedding. The cupcakes looked great and each had a white chocolate starfish on top to fit with our theme. They also made us a cake to put on top of the cupcake stand for the cake cutting. I had to tell my husband to stop eating the cake during the cake cutting. I told him he was only supposed to have a bite for the pictures, but he said it was just too good to eat one bite and proceeded to eat the whole piece! They were also great about providing gluten free cupcakes and favors for a few of our guests. They absolutely raved about how great they were and wanted to know where the bakery was so that they could go and get some more the next day. Sugar Plum also made us mini half moon cookies to give out as our favors and put stickers we provided them with on the bags for our guests. We were very pleased with how everything turned out and how tasty the cookies and cupcakes were.

• Amybeth

Amybeth · Married on 10/02/2010

What can I say.....the cake was so delicious and the design of the cake left me speechless! I am extremely impressed with the level of skills these women have. My wedding day wouldn't have been complete without a yummy and gorgeous cake by Sugar Plum, so for that I say thank you!

Summer · Married on 07/17/2010

Joanna at Sugar Plum Bakery was wonderful. She was extremely helpful and friendly and we were so happy with how our wedding cake came out.

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2008

I ordered my wedding cake from the sugar plum bakery and was extremly satisfied. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted my cake to look like and the staff was extremly helpful. They came up with many unique and creative ideas for my cake. They even matched the color perfectly to my bridesmaid dresses. Also my husband and I couldn't agree on what flavor cake we wanted, but the bakery informed us that wouldn't be a problem. They made the middle layer chocolate, and the other two layers were white cake with strawberries in the middle. Everyone at our reception raved about how good the cake was, and wanted to know where we ordered it from. We saved the top layer of our cake in the freezer for our first anniversary, which we just recently celebrated. The cake was just as good a year later as we remembered it to be on our wedding day! Since our wedding anytime a special occasion comes up, we are sure to call the sugar plum bakery for our cakes!

Brianne · Married on 11/04/2006

When I sat down with Johanna I found her to be extremely helpful. She knew what I was looking for with out me knowing all the wedding cake terms. I also thought the price was amazing. As a bride you sit down with several different bakers and at points you think they just tryingt o rush you out so they can get back to what they were doing. Not the ladies at Sugar Plum they took all the time i need and every phone call with questions they answered. Use Them!!!

• Lia

Lia · Married on 10/01/2011

We had the most delicious and beautiful cake!! We had half vanilla and half chocolate with the rasperberry buttercream in the center. TO DIE FOR. Just the other weekend (our wedding was over two months ago) another friend of ours mentioned how good the cake was.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2011

WOW the cake was amazing we ordered a three tier cake it was red velvet with butter cream frosting. we got so many comments on the cake the look and taste. Sugar Plum went out of there way i forgot to bring the ribbon to go around all the tiers of the cake and Sugar Plum went way out of there way to get it for me on the day of the wedding. Thanks so much ladies

Sarah · Married on 10/15/2010

Sugar Plum did my wedding cake and they did a beautiful job. I tried wedding cakes at numerous places in the Boston and South Shore area and Sugar Plum was definitely the best priced and I loved their cake. I gave them a picture of how I wanted my cake to look and it came out exactly how I wanted it. The chocolate cake is very rich so I loved it because I am a chocoholic but people who aren’t too crazy about chocolate might not like it. The cakes are a little short, I got a four tiered cake and it still looked kind of short to me, but I just prefer tall slender cakes. All in all I highly recommend Sugar Plum Bakery, they are so friendly and helpful there, their cakes are moist and delicious, they’re reasonably priced, and they have great decorating skills.

Sherie · Married on 09/09/2009

There was so many choices of creating the cake. The cost of the cake was very good and the little kids loved it! Came on time and it was my dream cake for my wedding.

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2012

Sugar Plum Bakery rocks!

We are so impressed by the beautiful cupcakes they made for our 8/19/12 wedding. The sugar on the frosting was exactly the right colors, the chocolate seashells made a wonderful touch, and the top layer of the tower with the adirondack chairs was amazing!!

We worked with Paula, who is just great. She responded to all of my emails ASAP and we were able to taste all of the cupcakes we wanted to (and even bring home leftovers!). Our cupcakes on our wedding day were just fabulous. Our guests raved about how delicious the frosting was and the lemon cupcake we had was a huge hit!

Thank you for making such delicious and beautiful cupcakes for our wedding. We still have some leftovers that we are working on eating, and cannot wait until our anniversary to eat our top layer of cake!

Jessica & Ross

Amy · Married on 04/20/2012

DELICIOUS!! We got cupcakes for our wedding which actually doubled as our centerpieces. It was very important to me to get exactly what I was looking for! After visiting a few other bakeries Sugar Plum is the first place that actually took the photo of what I wanted, really looked at it and had me email a copy to them. This gave me complete confidence in them! They also quoted me a few hundred dollars less than any of the other bakeries of the same great quality that I went to. Most important point of my review, their cake tastes great and their frosting is probably the best I've ever had!

Rebecca · Married on 07/31/2010

We ordered a cupcake tower for our wedding from Sugar Plum. The cake came out beautiful and tasted great! It was exactly what we wanted!

Moist and delicious cupcakes! A very pretty display for my wedding and I loved that I could pick multiple flavors for the guests to pick from! Great staff and sooo friendly.

Lindsay · Married on 10/20/2012

I can not say enough about our wedding cake! It was BEAUTIFUL! Exactly what we were looking for. The best part, it tasted as amazing as it looked! We wanted a simple, elegant, ivory scroll cake and it was better than I could have imagined. We had a traditional white cake with a raspberry jam filling. People couldn't believe a wedding cake could taste this good! I am not exaggerating when I mention my husband came home from our honey moon and took a piece out of the fridge and chowed down. The cake was HUGE and we had lots left over after our guests all had a piece. Paula and Johanna are an awesome team and I would recommend them again and again! Super nice and endured all of my questions.

3.5
      3.5

Easy to work with and could create any special flavor for your cake.