Sugar Mamas Custom Cakes Reviews

14 Reviews for Sugar Mamas Custom Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Liz S.

Liz · Married on 10/31/2015

Sugar Mama's was amazing!!! Emily went above and beyond for our wedding cake! She turned our vague elegant Halloween idea into a showstopping cake! But more important than looks was taste! We got so many comments that our cake didn't taste like a wedding cake, but an actual fresh cake. It was so good!! We highly recommend the chocolate and peanut butter flavor! To die for!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/15/2011

Howe can I say this? I FREAKING LOVE SUGAR MAMAS!!! They did an absolutley amazing job on our cake!!! Amazing. I need to post a picture of it just to show the worl just how amazing it was. We were a very non-traditional couple looking for a non traditional and a specific type of cake. Our theme was ROCK music and I will tell you what...our cake blew me and our guests away!!! It was a cake you would see on one of the cake TV shows. Matter of fact they need a show...LOL...We had 4 different flavors and fillings and everyone raved about the taste. It was just amazing!!! There is really not much I can say!!! I am so sad our cake had to be cut when I saw it...I highly highly reccomend Sugar Mamas!!!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Sugar Mamas Custom Cakes's reply:

This is so awesome to hear!! We were so excited to do this cake because it was non-traditional. I am so glad that we met your expectations and that everyone enjoyed it. Congratulations on your new marriage!
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 07/02/2011

Amazing!!! LOVED them! great flavors and cute designs! very attentive and helpful, expessialy planning from another state. They made my cake dreams come true

Sent on 07/21/2011
  • missskyerenae

Skye · Married on 05/08/2010

Emily and MaryAnn did a wonderful job. They were kind and welcoming from the start and my cake turned out beautiful. Thier prices were very reasonable. I would definately recommend them to other brides.

Sent on 05/11/2010

Donna · Married on 05/23/2009

We had both a three tier wedding cake made with buttercream frosting and individual cupcakes. They were wonderful. The cake was so moist and the icing melted in your mouth. The cake was beautiful and looked just like the picture we had provided. Great value as well!

Sent on 05/26/2009

jeni · Married on 10/06/2008

cake was moist and beautiful.

Sent on 01/30/2009

Cara · Married on 10/04/2008

If you are looking for the best wedding cake anyone has ever seen you need to let sugar mamas do it for you. they rock, i have been married almost two months now and I still get comments about how cool my cake was and if i have a picture of it for the people that werent there and have heard about it want to see it. I will go to sugar mamas for every cake we need forever they are the nicest and down to earth kind of people you could deal with

Sent on 11/24/2008

Mandy · Married on 06/09/2007

Our cake was delicious, not to mention beautiful. Mary Ann was very helpful in the consulting stages. They took down our ideas and made a beautiful cake.

Sent on 08/22/2007

Heather · Married on 12/30/2006

LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM. I cannot say enough good things about this mother and daughter duo. My multi-tiered cake was exceptionally beautiful and tasty. They did a great job sitting down and creating a cake that would be just be truly unique and fitting for our wedding. They even found edible "glitter" to make our Winter Wonderland cake truly sparkle like an icicle. I also appreciated the fact that the cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful. In addition, they are very reasonably priced (no extra charge for different cake flavors, etc). The service is wonderful. This was one of the best vendors we used. We actually ordered a cake for my bridal shower from Sugar Mama's just to make the service was up to snuff. They impressed us with the shower cake as well. Since our wedding we have used them numerous times for other special occasion cakes and our guests are always complimenting us on the quality of the cakes and candies.

Sent on 10/07/2008

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2006

I am personal friends to Emily so of course I am going to give her an awesome review... but she's got to be the best around.

I knew that Emily was constantly bowing to every need of her customers as far as decorating her cakes are concerned so I let her take the reigns on the design of my cake. I simply showed her photos of cakes I liked and gave her my color palate and she came up with a simply elegant cake that everyone raved about at my reception! Everyone thought we spent a small fortune on our cake but we didn't! We fooled them!! And that's just how great a job she did.

She's got a great variety of cake flavors too. Like almond, raspberry swirl, pink champagne, and of course white, and chocolate. (Since my wedding was over a year ago some of these may have changed) We ordered a 3-4 tier cake with a full sheet (we had about 150 guests)

She doesn't usually travel that far to deliver a cake (she brought the cake almost 3 hours for me).

Sent on 03/10/2008

Lauren · Married on 02/11/2006

Excellent experience all the way!

Sent on 06/06/2008

When we had our consultation, the woman was very easy to talk to and showed us so many examples to help us come up with our vision. She also provided us with samples in cupcake form and they were to die for! Yum! So excited for our wedding cake in three weeks! :D

Sent on 08/17/2015

Heather · Married on 06/11/2011

4.2

I was so happy with the job that Sugar Mama's did! Not only did my cake look exactly what I wanted it to look like, but the taste of the cake was amazing! I got many compliments on it and everyone wanted to know who I used. I would definitely recommend Sugar Mama's to anyone needing a wedding cake or a cake for any other occasion. I found her pricing to be very reasonable and worth the money!

Sent on 07/05/2011

2.6
      3.0
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0

Extremely disappointed with Sugar Mamas. I gave them a simple cake design with intricate lace detail and asked them if they were sure they were able to make the lace detail that intricate. They assured me that they could, no problem. However, upon seeing the cake there was absolutely nothing intricate about the lace whatsoever. The details were dumbed down and simplified. I was crushed. The cake was supposed to be a show stopper and now I just wanted to hide it. Also the cake was really dry! They also tried to charge us an extra $100 because they couldn't add up the bill correctly. Thankfully we were able to catch their error!

Sent on 10/23/2013