58 Reviews for Sugar Cloud Baking Company

Local (2)
Organic (2)
Kosher (1)
56 Sugar Cloud Baking Company Reviews

We had a cake table with three types of cakes at the wedding and all three were absolutely delicious. Working with Serena was a true pleasure. She worked within our budget and even made a spectacular groom's cake, that he is still talking about. Everyone commented on how delicious the cakes were and most people had two pieces. Her chocolate cake and coconut cake are mouth watering delicious. The cakes were all divine.

Profile Picture Ginger, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The most amazing cake I have ever had! Friends and family are still complimenting. Everything I wanted and much more.

Profile Picture Lydia, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered a 4 tier ruffle cake with pink sugar roses and a Playstation 4 grooms cake with a handmade controller and games for our wedding. Serena was always available with answers to our questions and was always very professional and excited to help us. The day of our wedding, I was floored by how amazing our cakes looked! The ruffle cake was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and everybody thought the groom's cake was an actual Playstaion 4! My husband hesitated when it was time to cut it.The flavors were delicious and it was the most moist cake I have ever had. We have had tons of rave reviews on our cakes!
We couldn't have asked for better service and a more beautiful ending to our day! We will definitely be calling Artista Cakes in a year for an "Anniversary cake" and will continue to come back for years to come. Thank you for making such a beautiful memory for my new husband and myself!

Profile Picture Desiree, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena and her husband hand delivered our wedding cake to our venue which was many miles from her bakery. Our wedding coordinator and venue owner commented on how pleasant both Serena and her husband were. People, even months after our wedding day, are still talking about our wedding cake. They mention the beautiful layers, the sugar peonies, and even the rustic wooden stand that it stood on. It was almost a focal point of our wedding day. When they ask, “who did your cake?” I proudly say “Artista Cakes.” If you are looking to choose a cake decorator that is detailed, experience, and ready to accommodate your wishes, I suggest you choose Serena and her team. I have no doubt that you will be impressed.

Profile Picture Summer, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena was very easy to work with. I told her the type of cake I was wanting and she was able to give me exactly what I wanted. She has such strong creative and artistic qualities that there is no need to worry about her making you a beautiful cake. Her cakes not only look beautiful but are absolutely delicious!!! Serena's cakes are very moist and don't have that fake flavoring that you can sometimes taste in cakes. It's been more than 2 months since the wedding and everyone is still raving about how my wedding cake was the best cake they have ever had!!! I even have had a good number of people tell me that they don't usually care for wedding cake but actually went up for seconds because my cake tasted so good!!!

Profile Picture User4314824, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The most amazing cake I have tasted. All our guests raved and it was the most beautiful as well!

Profile Picture User3579373, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena made an elegant and beautiful and utterly delicious cake for my daughter's wedding!

Profile Picture User3585200, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Artista Cakes provides unique personal touches, amazing service and delicious quality cakes. Serena is a pleasure to work with and her cakes are simply yummy!

Profile Picture Becca, 12/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena at Artista Cakes was a pleasure to work with for my daughter's wedding. The cake was as delicious as it was beautiful! We received many compliments on how moist and flavorful the cake was, definitely the best we've ever tasted at a wedding!

Profile Picture Kathy, 11/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena at Artista Cakes was wonderful!!! Very knowledgeable and the sweetest vendor I had by far worked with for my wedding. She made my wedding cake and groom's cake. Both were beautiful!!!!! She takes the time to perfect every piece of the cake and pays close attention to detail. She is very original. She took my thoughts and theme and turned it into the most beautiful cakes I have ever seen. The cakes tasted AMAZING!!! All of our guests raved about how good the cakes were and how they wanted more. We have since had her make other cakes for us. All are delicious. I would recommend her to anyone needing a cake, especially for a wedding.

Profile Picture User3898932, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

You always know an Artista Cake when you see one. Artista creates a true work of art, these cakes are breathtaking, one of a kind, and taste amazing. We are wedding photographers so we get to see lots of wedding cakes and none top Artista. All of our couples have raved about Artista's customer service and attention to detail. If you want your cake to never be forgotten look no further.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ansley, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

From the day we tasted her strawberry cake, we knew that was our wedding cake flavor. Serena hands down makes the best cakes and desserts. Not only does she use fresh ingredients, her designs are out of the box. We tossed around the idea of a dessert bar and she helped to complete that vision by having cake, cake pops, cobblers, and mini cupcakes. She is open to suggestions and will even work with you to create your own unique cake or cake idea. We had several compliments on our cake selection and who knows may even order something on our 1 yr anniversary.

Profile Picture Brandi, 10/5/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was great working with Serena of Artista Cakes. Serena created a surprise groom's cake for my husband modeled after our dog. Not only did the cake look just like our dog, it was delicious! Our wedding cake was equally as gorgeous and delicious. Artista also made a number of small desserts that complimented our wedding cake and fall theme. I would highly recommend Artista.

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/5/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Living in the NJ/NY area and planning a destination wedding in North Carolina, I was on a mission to find the best pastry chef in North Carolina-and needless to say, we did! Serena you have been phenomenal every step of the way and our wedding was everything I could dream of & more! You created everything I envisioned in terms of the cake design, flavor and all! You are truly the best in Asheville & your talent shines! Our guests couldn’t stop talking about our “Blue Moon” grooms cake & how elegant our wedding cake was. Both cakes were perfection-and we cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/14/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena at Artista Cakes is extremely talented and great to work with. She is especially talented at designing shaped cakes. She did a groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner of the groom kayaking down a mountain. It was the perfect addition to the dinner and everyone was so impressed (especially the surprised groom!) The wedding cake was also beautiful and tasted amazing. You won't be disappointed if you use Serena for your wedding cake. She is very professional and will make sure you are happy.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/17/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Artista Cakes made our wedding cake for our June wedding at High Hampton Inn & Country Club in Cashiers. We received so many compliments from our guests about how delicious our cake was and we totally agree! We were disappointed that we did not have leftovers and are looking forward to enjoying our top layer on our first anniversary! Not only was the cake incredibily delicious, it was beautifully decorated. We wanted simple buttercream icing that showed the knife strokes with fresh flowers cascading down one side and that was exactly what we got! We provided Artista with some photographs of cakes we liked and met with her to sample the flavor options (YUM! And probably one of my husband's favorite meetings) and to discuss further the floral element for the cake. We truly were thrilled with the cake and recommend Artista highly!

Profile Picture Melanie , 6/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My new husband, myself, and my parents visited Asheville from South Florida in October for our food and cake tasting--Serena of Artista cakes just blew us away! Her samples were fresh and delicious and her ideas for our cake aligned perfectly with what I had in mind. She is the only cake baker I have met that has sketched and colored a mock-up! Fast forward to our wedding (it was 1 week ago)... OMG! Our wedding cake was without a doubt the best cake I have ever tasted in my life! I'm pretty sure my husband ate 4 pieces at our wedding! Her cake was beautiful, moist, savory, and just delicious! Thank you, Serena, for the incredible cake! We loved it so much we are already half way done with the top tier (we just couldn't save it!). We figured we will order a replica from you on our one year anniversary :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena is amazing. She did an amazing job in our wedding cake as well as the groom's cake. She was amazing. SUPER creative, and she did a beautiful job! Other than the cake looking amazing it tasted amazing as well. Everyone was asking about the cake not only for the appearance but also the taste.
Definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture User3062255, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was a pleasure to work with Serena at Artista Cakes, she helped us decide exactly what we needed. She went way above and beyond what was expected of her to make our special day a success! We had so many compliments on the cake; it was delicious!

Profile Picture User3802021, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The team over at Sugar Cloud Baking turned my dream mountain cake into a reality seamlessly. Serena met my fiancé and I at the library at the Old Edwards Inn for an amazing tasting. We loved every flavor which made it hard to choose just 4! The team was super helpful in deciding between all the different cake options (tiers, flavor mixtures, size) and everything. Really not exaggerating when I say my cake was one of the top 3-5 parts of my wedding-- it was perfect!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

It was a delight to work with Serena and Sugar Cloud Baking Company on our wedding cake and cookies. Serena created a cake that perfectly complemented our venue, the flowers and our vision for a rustic and elegant dinner party. Even more importantly, the cake accommodated dietary restrictions for gluten free and vegan needs, but it didn't compromise a bit on taste --- the compliments from all of our guests on the cake were endless! Serena created a beautiful cake that was elegant, personal and delicious, and we couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Carrie, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cookies

Serena is an absolute baking genius! She came personally recommended by our wedding planner and made the decision-making process for finding a baker so easy. Serena planned a personal tasting at a gorgeous venue in downtown Asheville and it was included in the price of booking her as our baker, not as an additional charge. The cake and cupcakes at our wedding were a hit, and we had multiple guests come up and ask who had made them because they were so delicious. Serena also provided a beautiful tablescape for the cakes at the reception, which matched the floral decor perfectly. If you're getting married in the high country, Serena should be your go-to!

Photo for Sugar Cloud Baking Company Review - Sugar Cloud Baking Company at Highland Brewing Company
Profile Picture Niki, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena is wonderful! She was friendly, and responsive. She met with us at our hotel for a tasting, and was very informative. The cake was absolutely beautiful, and very tasty! She is very good with fondant, and sculpted cakes.

I highly recommend Serena, and her hummingbird cake!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings
4.7

The cake was as delicious as it was beautiful! Serena does a great job reinforcing the cake to make sure nothing slips or falls and it was stunning. The rustic buttercream was beautiful and flowers from our florist on the cake made it just that much more stunning. We used the apple hummingbird, wedding white and chocolate raspberry cakes and each one was delicious!!

Profile Picture Paige, 10/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Local, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings
4.7

Our cake was amazing to look at and very tasty to eat. Our original baker had to back out, so we gave the design we had created with the original baker to Artista Cakes, and they did exactly what we had asked for. Very Enjoyable.

Profile Picture Michael, 5/22/14, 1 Review