Sugar Cat Studio Reviews

6 | Santa Barbara, CA

6 Reviews for Sugar Cat Studio

Alison Riede over at Sugar Cat Studios was awesome! Not only were her cupcakes to die for, but her response to emails was almost instantaneous! I began doing a little homework for my daughter and wrote several vendors enquiring about favorite desserts and Alison totally filled the bill! She provided a mouth watering Key Lime Cheesecake and scrumptious Chocolate Chip Cheesecake for the bride and groom, as well as an absolutely delicious gluten free option , White Chococolate Coconut! Many thanks to Alison for her professionalism and attention to every delicious detail!!!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Meg · Married on 05/31/2014

Alison was the best! I picked her based on a recommendation from a friend, and her winning my favorite baking show, Cupcake Wars. She impressed me so much in person with her wonderful flavors, flexible attitude and willingness to get exactly the flavors I wanted. We worked side by side to create the perfect and personalized flavors for my husband and I. I also have to add that I brought my gluten-intolerant friend to test gluten-free flourless chocolate cakes and it was delicious!! My final flavors featured in my Dessert Barn with a buffet of desserts included:

1. "Mexican Hot Cocoa" - Cinnamon Chocolate cake with marshmellow frosting dusted with chocolate powder

2. "Jossi's Oreo Cookie" -Chocolate Cake (not vanilla we decided) with vanilla frosting

3. "Really Red Velvet" - Red velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting and Mini Chocolate Chips

4. "Champagne Toast" - Summer Fruit with Champagne Frosting - Blueberry surprise in cake

5. "Meg's Sweet & Salty" - Salted Caramel with Pearls around top

Thank you so much again Alison! Your cupcakes exceeded my expectations and people raved about them all night!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Kate · Married on 07/20/2013

Ali with Sugar Cat Studio makes the best cupcakes! Her flavors are so unique and she makes them look so pretty! We had 5 different flavors of mini cupcakes: honey ricotta cheesecake with strawberries, blackberry syrah, white chocolate raspberry, pink champagne, and blueberry french toast. Every single one was delicious! She also made us a small cake (which was quite sizable!) to cut.
    Months before the wedding, we were able to taste 8 different cupcakes to make our flavor choices. We also like to go to her cupcake pairings with champagne at Corks and Crowns, where we tasted other flavors as well.
    Ali let us borrow her cupcake stands and plates, as well as frames with the names of each flavor for the wedding at no extra charge.
    She was super affordable and her cakes were incredible. Our guests raved about them and there were none left at the end of the night! We can't wait to unfreeze our cake to eat the rest on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • User3202015 · 2+ years ago

The best cupcakes, and Alison is a dream to work with. She was super flexible with my tasting appointment time (I had awful traffic coming up from LA to SB and had to reschedule), very available over email, and creative with my flavors. She did 100 cupcakes for my wedding in four flavors: French toast, tiramisu, peanut butter banana and chocolate with a meringue frosting. I don't even like French toast but the cupcakes were amazing. We got a ton of compliments on these.

We had Montecito Confections do our wedding cake and in retrospect I wish we had asked Alison to do more cupcakes!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Megan · Married on 07/21/2012

The cupcakes from Sugar Cat Studio at our wedding were a complete hit! My mom is still talking about them two weeks later, and she normally swears she doesn't like sweets. We met with Alison for a tasting and found it hard to decide on two flavors because all of them were delicious. My husband and one of his groomsmen went along for the tasting and they were also extremely impressed with the flavor and texture that Alison is able to achieve. On top of the cupcakes being beyond delicious, Alison was a pleasure to work with. She was responsive and helpful with suggestions.

We ended up choosing the Blueberry French Toast and the White Chocolate Raspberry cupcakes for our special day. They looked beautiful and tasted even better. This combination seemed to please everyone. We went for a mixture of regular-sized and mini cupcakes to give the guests a chance to try both flavors. Alison was also happy to accommodate our request for a small cake to use for the cake cutting - it was moist and delicious and looked beautiful.

There's definitely a reason that this talented baker won Cupcake Wars! Thank you, Alison!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Liz · Married on 07/09/2011

I loved Alison!

She was so wonderful and easy to work with and not to mention her cupcakes are DELICIOUS!

I chose her chocolate, vanilla, pink champagne and lemon cheesecake cupcakes for my wedding. I received many compliments on the taste and appearance of them.

She was easy to get a hold of and very accommodating. I'd refer her to anyone.

Sent on 07/13/2011