Sue Jacobs Cakes Reviews

133 | Gilbert, AZ

133 Reviews for Sue Jacobs Cakes

Awesome cake! Really yummy and beautiful. I loved it. And sue is incredibly sweet. I am definitely recommending her and will definitely order her cakes for any occasion I can!!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! So sweet of you to write a review.

Sue was amazing and was great about keeping in touch with us. She was very helpful with the design and open to all of our ideas. The cake was beautiful and so tasty! It got rave reviews from our guests! I loved that she doesn't use fondant, the cake still looked awesome without it and tasted soo much better with her great whipped frosting than that rolled out stuff! I would most definitely recommend the lemon poppy seed cake with the lemon whip, which we did for our bottom layer- To Die For!!!!. The 2nd tier was a white cake with tropical whip, and the 3rd was German chocolate cake with a milk chocolate whip- cant wait for our 1 year to taste again!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our service. It was an honor to be a part of your day. Thank you again.

Sue made my wife and I an elegant beautiful wedding cake. Not only did it look great, but it tasted amazing as well. Sue was also readily available by phone and email to talk about changing details and specifics as we needed to. Sue was very friendly, professional, and accomadating and I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! We appreciate you. Thank you for writing such a thoughtful review.

Linda · Married on 05/18/2013

My daughters wedding cake was beautiful, exactly what she wanted and delicious! Sue worked directly with the bride and groom to create the perfect cake for them. Sue followed up with the florist who provided live flowers and the banquet facility so we had no worries.
    I would strongly recommend Sue for anyone wanting a beautiful cake for their special event!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Working with this sweet family was such an honor! We appreciate the opportunity to share a Sue Jacobs Cakes Bakery cake with your friends and family! Thank you so much for sharing.

Sue's cake was very delicious and I had many guests go back for seconds. The frosting she uses looks very close to fondant, but actually tastes fantastic. The cake was beautifully presented and decorated. Sue is a very kind and easy going person. She made sure to check in with me on every detail of the cake no matter how small. Even when I had to move my wedding up three weeks, she had not problem accommodating me without any repercussions. She is a wonderful and kind person who makes the best wedding cake I have every had the pleasure to taste.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to share your five star review. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated. Thank you again!

The cake was beautiful and delicious! I heard so many compliments on the taste of the cake. I didn't think I could have a cake that amazing looking without having fondant but Sue made that possible. Also, HUGE thanks to her for lending me her cake stand and offering her knife set to use. Sue is so nice, professional and was great about checking in with me. I really can't say enough good things about her.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! It was our pleasure to have a small part of your day. Thank you for the kind review.

Kim · Married on 03/23/2013

I first met Sue at a Bridal show. When I first walked into the show I grabbed a slice of cake from a different person and I attempted to eat it but it was gross. I threw it away and kept walking around. I then came across Sue and her daughter. We started talking and I tried her cake. I was floored. It was amazing. I had stumbled acrossed her website before but hadnt made any decisions yet on who to call. So after trying her cake I was in love. What I especially liked about her cake is the chocolate chips she had in it. We decided we wanted something different and Sue was willing to do what we wanted. Our cake was MINT CHOCOLATE. Sue made the cake PERFECTLY. We requested the frosting be mint and we were honestly worried about if it would turn out right, too minty like toothpaste or not enought etc but it was perfect. We then put a spin on her chocolate chips in the cake and we had her do ANDES MINTS instead. The cake was AMAZING! Everyone loved it!! We had less than 30 people and our cake served 68- we had a little left over but it was gone the next morning due to family members loving it so much. It will recommend Sue to anyone and I will be using her again. She was easy to work with and her cakes a top of the line. My husbands birthday is next month and I am seriously considering ordering our wedding cake in her mini size just because it was sooo good!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Love your review! So thoughtful of you to write about your experience.

Sue · Married on 03/16/2013

The grooms cake was delicious. I live in California so working with a baker in AZ could have been a problem but it wasn't. Sue kept in contact with me regarding every detail of the cake. She made this experience so easy.

Sent on 03/19/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

We did everything through email! An honor to create the Rice Krispy groom's cake! Thank you for your sweet words.
  • Elly

Elly · Married on 03/08/2013

Sue made rose-shaped, ivory mints for our wedding last month and they were out of this world! We initially booked a tasting with Sue and she was so sweet and flexible. Her cakes, by the way, are absolutely delicious and the frosting is perfect!! We were so disappointed we couldn't squeeze a professional cake into our teeny wedding budget, but we are so glad we met Sue and were able to have her mints at our reception! I would very much recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

So happy we could create our amazing vintage mints for your wedding reception. Thank you for the opportunity, and kind review.
  • User3112045 · 2+ years ago

With Sue's cakes you can actually taste the delicious flavor and the best part is it's not some overly sugary - just perfectly sweet! Sue is very easy to work with and always makes sure that you get the perfect cake. Thank you Sue for your amazing talent and generous heart!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! So happy you all enjoyed your wedding cake. Thank you for your kind words, too!

Lyndsey · Married on 02/19/2013

Sue created my cake for my Oct. 19th, 2013 wedding. It was exactly what I wanted! I was so happy with my cake, it was one of my favorite things from the whole wedding. She worked with us to design every tier and made sure it was exactly what we had imagined. Sue was very easy to get a hold of and always returned phone calls timely. Not only was the cake Beautiful, but it was just as delicious. We got the Red Velvet and Marble in our tiers and everyone complimented us on how delicious and moist the cake was. We would recommend Sue Jacob Cakes to anyone who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! I love how your wedding cake was one of your favorite parts of your wedding. Thank you again!

Cindy · Married on 12/24/2012

My husband and I planned to announce that we had married last June at our annual Christmas Eve party. We found Creative Cakes by Sue when I Googled "wedding cakes in Chandler." Of the 3 companies I contacted, Sue was the only one that responded - and she responded immediately!

Although it was less than a month to our party and it was on Christmas Eve, Sue was very happy to accommodate our needs. Due to the shortened time frame, my husband and I had our cake tasting and design consultation in one meeting. Sue was very helpful directing our decisions and ensured us that a Christmas Eve delivery was doable.

Her follow-up was very impressive and I never once worried that our cake would arrive on time and perfect. And it was! Sue took time out from her family to deliver and
    construct our 3 tier cake at 5:30 on Christmas Eve and it was beautiful!

It received rave reviews for being moist and delicious - no fondont here - the icing was incredible!

We'd recommend Creative Cakes by Sue for any special occasion. Sue's professionalism, high level of customer service. creative designs and, most importantly, the flavors of her cake, were outstanding!

Thanks so much, Sue, for helping us make our marriage announcement a great success!

Cindy and Dean

Sent on 12/25/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Loved working with Cindy and Dean! Find myself thinking about them each Christmas Eve! Thank you for the kind review.

We would first like to thank Sue for creating a perfect wedding cake for us. It was truly a beautiful cake, and was absolutely delicious.

Sue is such a sweet lady, and we enjoyed meeting and talking with her every time. She is truly talented and is blessed with creativity. The cakes she makes are, of course, beautiful in appearance, but the most important part (at least to us) is that the cakes are delicious. We are not big into sweets, such as cakes, chocolates, or candies, and were a little concerned about getting a cake we would like. Well, we were so happy when we were recommended to Sue, hearing that her cakes are amazing. The filling in the cake is fresh, and the icing isn’t hard or too sweet, making Sue’s cakes the perfect combination for your taste buds.

We had 95 guests and we had a cake for approximately 100 people. Our guests loved the cake so much that we only had a few pieces left over for us to take! It was delicious and everyone was raving about it.

Thank you Sue!!! We hope to enjoy your cakes many times again in the future!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your "oh so sweet" words. We appreciate your review.

Angela · Married on 11/29/2012

I had an absolutely wonderful experience meeting with Sue and designing my wedding cake! I had already tasted her cake at a few bridal shows and wanted my fiancee to taste how delicious they are!

Sue was wonderful in working with us to make sure we got exactly the cake we dreamed of: three tiered, chocolate and vanilla with a beautiful scroll and ribbon design. I am so looking forward to working with her more and seeing our cake on the big day! Ordering was an easy decision: the cakes are superb and beautiful!

I did taste other cakes from other vendors and did a cake consultation with another vendor....I HIGHLY recommend going with Sue's delicious cake! You will have a great experience working with her, she's a sweetheart! :)

Sent on 11/30/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Angela! Pleasure to create the masterpiece for your reception.

Sue was very customer service oriented which was amazing! Not only was she fun to work with but the cake tasted delicious!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the very kind review in regard to your experience with our bakery. We appreciate it.

Sheena · Married on 10/25/2012

Sue was such a pleasure to work with. She is as sweet as her cake (actually, she's much sweeter because her cake has just a touch of sweetness, which is what we loved. It wasn't overpoweringly sweet like most cakes....when you can only have two bites before your stomach hurts)! She did a main cake (large three tiered), as well as several mini cakes for our wedding. Everything turned out exactly as we had discussed. She takes great notes, paying special attention to detail, and makes sure you're happy. She is accommodating with tastings and is willing to to provide samples of whatever you'd like to try. She called me a couple of times to check in and make sure everything was set before the big day. I almost forgot my cake stand until she called the day before to remind me! I really can't recommend her enough. If you meet Sue and try her amazing cake...you'll see why :)

Sent on 11/07/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Sheena. It was my pleasure to have a small part if your day.

Absolutely the best cake your mouth can experience. This perfect combination of decadent, moist cake, sweet filling and creamy icing send your taste buds on rush delivery to tasty town. Your mouth isn't the only thing that gets to eat. Feast your eyes on the meticulously crafted works of art. Sue's customized cake designs make the perfect reception centerpiece. I recommend Creative Cakes by Sue for your wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 12/25/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! We appreciate your very kind review.
  • User2820799 · 2+ years ago

Fantastic in every way! Great personal service. Beautiful cakes. Sue takes care of all the details and produces beautiful DELICIOUS cakes. I could not recommend anyone better than Sue!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! We appreciate your very thoughtful review.

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2012

If you want to have no worries about your wedding cake look no further, Sue Jacobs is absolutely the best!!! She was so friendly and I never had any doubt that my cake would be on time and PERFECT with her! Her cakes are beautiful and taste even better. I have never tasted a better cake or better FROSTING than Sues. My only suggestion is to order extra! We ordered more than enough cake for my wedding and had two different flavors, the problem was it was so good everybody wanted to try both flavors. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Sue. She was wonderful to work with!!!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Lisa for taking your time to write such a kind review as this. So happy you all enjoyed your wedding cake. Thank you again.

Aimee · Married on 10/11/2012

I met Sue at a bridal expo and after tasting what seemed like a million cakes, at the end of the day, only one stood out from the rest. Sue's friendly and professional demeanor alone were above the rest, but her cake was also leaps and bounds above everything else we tasted that day. She helped me create my perfect design and the day of my wedding, it was gorgeous and superbly delicious! My cake was big enough to feed over twice my guest list, but by the end of the night, there was nothing left!!! Our friends and family raved about it for months after the wedding! I highly recommend Sue! She is now my go to cake lady and will use her any time I want a quality cake at a great value! :)

Sent on 11/21/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Aimee! We appreciate your very thoughtful review. It was a pure delight to meet your request. Thank you again.

Jenna · Married on 09/29/2012

Sue did a great job at my September wedding. The cake was amazing!!! I am very picky with my sweets and her cakes were perfect. She met with me and made my vision for a wedding cake come true! The cake was beautiful and received many compliments for both its look and taste.. I would recommend Sue for any future brides looking to get that perfect cake!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jenna! It was our pleasure to create your wedding cake. Thank you for such a sweet review.

Sue created our wedding cake in August. She created the most beautiful and delicious cake I have ever tasted. She listened to what I wanted and the final product was exactly as I envisioned. Her customer service was fantastic as well. I will use her services for many years to come.

Sent on 12/01/2012

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for writing a review about Sue Jacobs Cakes. We appreciate your kindness.
  • Y

Yarizeth · Married on 05/19/2012

Sue's cake was not only delicious but she made the design based on my dress. Loved it, haven't tasted a better frosting than hers!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Yari for the sweet words! You and Brad were a pure joy to work with. You set the trend, with many other brides loving your design and wanting it for their own wedding cake! :) Thank you again for selecting Sue Jacobs Cakes!

Robin · Married on 09/08/2004

Recently I was at a open house for weddings, I've been around for 59 years, been to many weddings and the most important thing at the event is the taste of the cake. So many cakes look good but tasted like crap! who puts whip cream on a cake?? Really! whip cream goes on one thing and it sure isn't cake!!!:) so I grabbed a sample from the table..... I was stunned, had to have another piece, and after 5 more I was totally convince she is the Master of cake! if you don't believe me just try it! Robin

Sent on 09/05/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Robin! Appreciate the review! You should be a professional taste tester :)

Cat · Married on 02/01/2019

Delicious dessert!

I would say Sue's cakes are probably some of the most flavorful and moist I've ever had! It was an absolute pleasure working with her in helping me create a table with a plethora of desserts! Would recommend her to anyone with dessert needs, but especially for any wedding! She will not let you down :).

Sent on 02/06/2019