38 Reviews for Sue Egan Photography

Wedding Portraits (1)
Canvas (1)
Matted Prints (1)
Save the Date (1)

Susan took photographs at my nontraditional wedding ceremony where no one was actually certain a union ceremony would be happening. Our gathering was advertised as a costume party with a Day of the Dead theme. It portrayed a "Feast of Souls" to celebrate life with a surprise union of two individual souls in the midst.
Without a formal agenda or specifics, Susan was still able to get the most amazing photographs we have ever seen. Even though we surprised most of our guests with the ceremony, the true surprise came to us when Susan presented unexpected images of a day that went too soon but will live forever in the images she captured. Moments during those hours of our celebration are captured by Susan that renews the "Wow" effect every single time we look at her picture.

Photos
Profile Picture Amanda, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot even begin to describe the wonderfulness that is Sue Egan! I was married at Hurd Orchards in September. Now, full disclosure, I chose this venue, in part, due to Sue. Let me explain, when looking for venues a friend of mine suggested that I look into Hurd Orchards. Of course, I did what everyone does these days and promptly googled them. I was greeted with the most breath taking pictures and low and behold they were by Sue! When looking for a photographer for our special day I called all around Rochester and spoke with many photographers. But I kept coming back to those pictures that had made me fall in love with the venue to begin with. I was so sure I wouldn't be able to afford to hire her but I reached out anyway. And I was delightfully surprised to find that she would work with our budget.
When I reached out to her she was so timely in her responses, she was informative, and whats more she really listened to what I wanted. She really made sure that I knew that she believed that my vision for the day was important!
Besides her exceptional eye, her big heart, and her glowing personality, I believe one of Sue's best qualities is her ability to see someone else's vision and marry it with her own to make something truly beautiful.

Profile Picture Tamara, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I first came across Sue's website I was instantly amazed by the beautiful colors in her photos. Not only does she take beautiful photos of people, but I thought that the scenery and nature were wonderfully captured and that was important to my fiancé and I. Sue was incredibly bubbly when we met her, and we were impressed by her work as well as her value. It was an easy decision. Sue was great at the wedding, you barely notice her because she's great at blending in but still getting the important photos. She is very easy to be around and my now husband and I felt very comfortable around her during all of our photoshoots. We highly recommend - thank you Sue!

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
4.1

Sue was great! She was very willing to tweak her wedding packages to meet our needs. The photos are fantastic, and the album is SO cool!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I don't know what I can say about Sue that hasn't already been shouted from the rooftops, but I'll try my best...She. Is. AMAZING. My husband and I met with 4 different photographers and while they all had nice work, we left the 3 other meetings and kept saying "but Suuueee". I instantly fell in love with her cheery, bubbly personality, and her photographs are pure artistic magic.
Since we got married on Thanksgiving weekend we haven't seen all of our pictures yet, however the ones I have seen via her blog post made me break down into happy tears in my kitchen. She is a saint for dealing with my numerous questions and crazy ideas, and since my husband and I are musicians we appreciate the line she is able to walk between creating art and still making sure the photos were about us and the day itself. There are many photographers who are only concerned with "the shot" or "being an artist" - Sue is truly talented and is naturally artistic so your photos will be uniquely you. You pay for what you get, and I have never had so many people contact me after looking at her blog to remark how amazing the photographs are. I hope we can keep Sue in our lives forever because she is SO fun, SO wonderful and SO genuine in her love for what she does.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I don't even know where to begin, Sue is AMAZING. We hired her for our engagement session as well as our wedding photography and there is not one thing I could say that she should improve on. First of just as a person she is amazing to work with and so easy to communicate with. We met her over the phone and then via Skype and were 100% comfortable with her from day 1 without even meeting in person. We talked about what we wanted out of our engagement session and ended up going with a location she suggested and I couldn't be happier. Then, on to our wedding. You always think about making every little detail perfect, I never thought that people would be commenting how much they loved our Photographer too! We heard so many times about how nice she was, she wasn't in the way of anything but still got all the great shots and just overall brought the best out of people in candid moments. My bridal party loved having her around and cannot stop talking about amazing the pictures came out and how we should be in a catalog :). Again, I really could go on and on about how happy we are with how everything turned out and as my now husband says, she is our photographer for life and I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files

Sue is everything we ever wanted in a photographer for our special day. She feels like a friend from the moment you meet her; her enthusiasm for what she does is contagious. So many other people have said this, but I can’t stress it enough, she is such a hard worker! The utmost professional, understanding kind and positive; we NEVER heard her complain once, even in 95 degree heat and while dodging a few raindrops!! Our wedding pictures were as important to her as they were to us. Who could ask for anything more? The caring and hard work shows in the beauty of her pictures. We now have these wonderful memories of our amazing day to keep and to share; we can’t thank Sue enough!!!

Profile Picture Katie & Seth, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

From the get go we had the absolute Best experience with Sue. It started when we first met her at a coffee shop and from that moment on we knew she was the one for us. We actually called her on the way home from the coffee shop to tell her we are going with her. For our engagement photos we did them outside in October where it wasn't to warm and she was all for it. Even laid down on the ground to get good shots. Our daughter was there and she absolutely loved Sue. Sue made her laugh so hard and got the best smiles out of her. We then did some engagement photos at blue cross arena. To get our name on the scoreboard we needed a special type of graphic which I had no clue how to do. Sue called
Up the blue cross and spoke with them and handled it herself. On the day of our wedding she was an absolute machine. She made sure to get every shot we asked for and also making sure not to miss any in between. She worked so hard and it shows in how the pictures turned out! She had ideas on photos we would have never of thought to do. She accents everything in her photos from the flowers to the sunlight, to wedding stuff (cake, monogram) and makes it seem as if she isn't even there! Not to mention, she is the nicest lady ever! Literally all she wants to do is make sure she gets the best photos of you. I couldn't tell you how many times she said how pretty or handsome we were in our photos and that just makes it even more genuine and sincere. I would HIGHLY recommend Sue to anyone who is looking to capture thier special day in the most beautiful way. Thanks again Sue!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue was great to work with! She is so happy and bubbly, ALWAYS-- she was always positive throughout our meetings and wedding. (Which is great-- given the stress of the day-- the last thing we wanted to worry about was unhappy vendors). Her photos are amazing (words cannot truly describe---just look at her blog or website). Before our wedding, she did a gratis engagement session with us and was flexible on location. The photos were beautiful.

She worked *incredibly* hard on our wedding day-- my husband commented that she may have been one of the hardest working people there. Honestly, we've both been to many weddings and never have seen a photographer hustle so much. She was standing on furniture, snow banks, puddles, running back and forth between fixing my dress and her camera-- whatever she had to do to "get the shot"-- she did it. She has a great eye-- she takes amazing photos (posed and candids). She works alone-- but you wouldn't know it to see our photos-- she is very efficient. The photos we have seen so far are beautiful and she captured the magic of the day perfectly-- when you look at the photos you can "feel" the emotion of every moment she photographed. Her pricing is very reasonable too. One might be able to find someone "cheaper"-- but I doubt people will love their photos as much as we love ours. ;-)

Profile Picture Kelly, 2/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

As I looked through several photographers' websites online last winter, Sue's enchanting photographs caught my eye right away. Her style is very romantic and ethereal- certainly not your average, boring wedding shots! I'm am so glad we hired her to take our engagement and wedding photographs. They came out beautifully, and we even got them before Christmas. My husband has nicknamed Sue the "photo ninja" for her ability to capture such amazing moments without being seen or noticed in the background. I would (and have) recommended her to anyone looking for something unique for their special day!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue is such an amazing photographer. She was so thoughtful and understanding through out the process and on the day of our wedding. She's open and honest about what works best, she's also such a wonderful person. She knew exactly how to capture every moment and every shot, including the use of the natural lighting through out the day since most of our wedding was out doors. For someone who shot our entire wedding day by herself the photos looked like she had more than just herself that's how great she is.

I would hire her again for other events and special occasions.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue was a wonderful wedding photographer, and we're incredibly grateful that we found her. Her constant smile, genuine spirit, and strong talent made working with her really lovely. It absolutely poured rain on our wedding day -- it was a garden wedding in a backyard, and the rain really derailed our photo (and ceremony, and reception...) plans. Sue was not only flexible and creative, but she spent most of the day soaking wet to get "the shot" and was able to capture far more beautiful photos than we thought possible. The lighting was so difficult that day; she not only continued smiling and in good spirits, but also captured so beautifully the color, joy, and personality of our day so wonderfully. Anyone else's photos of that day, including several amateur photographers in attendance, were absolutely terrible -- In Sue's photos, you wouldn't even recognize the difficulty of what she did so masterfully. We especially appreciated Sue's journalistic style: we, along with friends and family, were so pleased with the interactions and love that she captured of everyone that came to support us that day. Truly, Sue is a wonderful wedding photographer, who we would strongly recommend to anyone. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sue!!

Profile Picture User6083304, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

We were so glad to have chosen Sue as our photographer! She was flexible with our package, and really easy to get ahold of during the planning process. On the day of the wedding she found a great balance between allowing us to enjoy our time (candid shots) and pulling us away from the crowd for a few minutes at a time to get shots of just the two of us. She was also really calming... in spite of working her tail off. She's a very gifted photographer and we're so happy with our photos and the price we paid for them. We would absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, Digital Files

Cannot say enough great things about Sue. From the second we met her, we knew she was the one we wanted to capture every moment of our big day. Not only because of the work she showed to us in our first meeting, but more of just a good feeling and comfort we felt with her. That feeling did not waiver as we had a very fun (and spontaneous) engagement session with her. The day before our scheduled session with her was a perfect fall day - sunny skies, perfect foliage, everything. We called Sue on a whim to see if there was a chance she could help us take advantage of the day and she immediately dropped everything and met us. As a result, we had a memorable experience together and the engagement photos turned out incredible!

On the big day, Sue was spectacular. As a true professional, she captured all of the moment we asked for and gave us a lifetime of memories. From the bride getting dressed to the guests on the dance floor, she was a rock star all day and was hustling for hours to make sure every smile was captured and each shot perfected.

Again, can't say enough about the experience we had with Sue. She's a first class lady and a top shelf photographer!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Save the Date

The eye she has to see and time these photos is nothing short of spectacular. I will always be reminded of that exact feeling soo much love in each moment she captured. It was what she was meant to do, obviously. I’d use her services over any other.

Profile Picture James, 2/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

We LOVE Sue Egan and would recommend her photography to anyone wanting quality, intimacy and the most bubbly personality ever!

We had both guests and our wedding party raving about how happy she was and they wanted to be in the pictures she was taking. She is the utmost professional and how she is capturing your day is what she is striving to achieve. We can't say enough fantastic things about her work or her!!

I am so glad that she was at the top of my list when choosing who and how I wanted our day to be in print for years to come. And I would not hesitate to make the same choice again!!

Thank you so much Sue for everything and for working non-stop to capture our Engagement Session, Boudoir and Wedding flawlessly!!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/29/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sue was a great choice for our wedding photographer. We were amazed at how she could coordinate the group pictures and also the pictures of the two of us. The quality of the pictures came out great! We loved working with Sue and her bubbly personality!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue is great and I am so happy we found her. She is relaxed and took great shots of us in the moment even though my husband and I hate the spotlight on us. She is very flexible and comes up with creative pictures. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue did a fantastic job at our wedding. Along with the traditional shots, she took unique images that captured the essence of our big day. I highly recommend Sue.

Profile Picture Karel, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, choosing a photographer ended up being one of the easiest decisions we made. We did research online, and found a fair amount of photographers who offered similar packages at a similar price, and many of them have decent reviews. For us, however, Sue's photography instantly stood out. It was clear that she had a unique eye for capturing special moments. Her photos are thoughtful, tasteful, and interesting. When we met her in person, she was very friendly, enthusiastic, and easy to get along with, and soon after we signed a contract. On our wedding day, she was helpful, responsive, and worked hard. She not only took great photos of us, but captured fantastic moments with our guests and families. Given how busy our wedding day was, it was a delight to look back later and remember how much fun everyone had. We have been complimented many times on our wedding photos and how well they capture the spirit of our day. We could not be more pleased with Sue's work, and would recommend her to anyone who asks.

Profile Picture David, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue was a great vendor to work with. She did an engagement session and our wedding day. She worked for 8 hours on the wedding day taking pictures. She was very responsive if we had any questions. She was great at directing us and staging the photos. She took a TON of pictures on the wedding day. One of the guests who does some wedding photographer said he never saw a photographer work so hard at getting the best pictures. My wife and I strongly recommend Sue! There's also a nice blog post you get as a bonus.

Profile Picture Joe, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sue was our fabulous wedding photographer. She is wonderful, kind and incredibly sweet. She gave very good direction to everyone and captured every moment during our ceremony and reception.

Profile Picture Diana, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Here is a note i sent to Sue after our Daughter Ashley's wedding to Stefan. I meant every word I said. I am so happy to have this woman in my life, she is an amazing photographer and friend.

Oct 15, 2013
Hi Sue!

I keep wanting to call you....but if i do i will do nothing but cry, so i'm going to start with a note....and will call in a couple of days.

Thank you.....for being so amazing at your craft. Thank you for being you, because it's evident, through your photography that you have a special way of seeing the world. Your pictures are just so beautiful. You captured so many beautiful things!! I checked your blog before my feet hit the ground this morning...and i have gotten nothing else done today. I just keep coming back to this computer to look "one more time". I can't wait for Greg to get home, so we can sit and stare at them together. I can't wait for Ashley to get home from her job, so we can laugh and cry on the phone and relive the day over "one more time". I know you were up late last night, working on these.....thank you so much. (but DO take care of yourself....your babies need you too! ;)
I can't wait to see the rest of them....i know they are going to make me cry more....but it's ok......it's all happy tears!

I know everyone probably says this....but it's the truth, honest to GOD.......I am so thankful that you were with us on such a special day. I wouldn't have wanted it to be anyone else but you. You will always be part of our family, which is good, cause i have a little crush on Nicholas! ;) I'll talk with you soon....
love,
Beth

Profile Picture beth, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Have you ever met someone that you instantly felt comfortable around and felt like you could just be yourself? That is how we felt when we met Sue Egan! We instantly knew that this was going to be our photographer for our big day! Sue isn't about staging, she is more about capturing the moment. That is why her photos are all so beautiful! She will capture all of your moments perfectly from fun and laughter to those sweet intimate moments with your loved one. We 100% recommend her to anyone and can't say enough good things about her! She is a genuine, sweet, caring professional that works hard to make sure your photos are everything you could have dreamed and then some! We will be using her again for our one year anniversary photos and couldn't be more excited! we are so happy to have found our life long photographer! I hope this review helps couples searching for the right photographer. All we can say is once you met her you will love her and once you see your photos you won't ever want to use another photographer again!

Profile Picture michelle, 9/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sue was a great photographer! I don't know much about photography but Sue is clearly someone who is passionate about her work and her clients. From the first meeting to the Engagement session up through the big day, she was so accommodating and responsive to all questions- she was very easy to get in touch with and responded to emails/phone calls ASAP! On the day of the wedding, Sue worked so hard and did an amazing job! I was so happy with the results. I also really liked the blog that she does about each event- it was so much fun to re-live the big day through her story and pictures. I would highly recommend working with her- she's reasonably priced, prompt, does amazing work, and was a pleasure to work with :-)

Profile Picture User3380481, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews