Stylus S.E. Reviews

105 | Holly Springs, NC

105 Reviews for Stylus S.E.

Stylus S.E. 1
Stylus S.E. 2
Stylus S.E. 3

Kristin · Married on 11/14/2015

DJ Eric made our wedding the event of the year! His ability to read a crowd is an art. He mixed beats to match the flow of the evening that was simply phenomenal. We literally danced the glitter off our shoes. People are still talking and praising Eric’s talent. We are looking for another reason to hire him as soon as possible! They say a DJ can make or break a wedding, well DJ Eric blew ours out of the water!! Phenomenal! I explained the vibe I wanted at our wedding and reception then left it Eric’s years of experience to make it a reality and he was perfection!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you Kristin! You and Emily were a joy to work with and what a party! It ranks up there as one of my all time favs. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Wishing you all the best.
  • User6205102 · 2+ years ago

Book Eric for your wedding. Eric was our DJ and from planning through the even was amazing. He handled every detail and gave us great ideas. All of our guests are still talking about him months later.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thanks for the kind words. It was my pleasure to help make your day everything you wanted.

Hayley · Married on 10/17/2015

I worked with Eric at a wedding last weekend and I have to say (having photographed many weddings) that he was one of the best DJs I have experienced. A DJ can really make or break a reception and I've seen it go both ways. It's important to have a DJ that is responsive to the guests and Eric did that. What was really unique was his skills mixing songs. Most DJs play an entire song and fade it into the next. He was laying songs on top of each other and I could tell by the guests' faces that they were impressed and definitely having fun. Plus, Eric was respectful of my job as the photographer and was sure to consult with me before anything major happened so that I was ready for it. I look forward to working with Eric again in the future!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you Hayley. It was a pleasure to work with you as well. Vendor reviews are rare on weddingwire but they mean so much. All vendors have to work together seamlessly to ensure that the couple has an awesome experience as you know. I think we pulled that off. Best wishes

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

Jason was awesome!!! If I could give him 10 stars I would! He got our entire wedding party dancing, and the energy of the night was unbelievable. He met with my fiance and I prior to our wedding to learn more about our music preferences, and to review the flow of the wedding, and made me feel completely at ease. He was so professional, and I will be recommending him to all of the friends that are getting married.

Sent on 11/02/2015

I can't say enough good things about Jason! From the beginning, we knew he was going to be a great choice based on how excited our other vendors were to be working with him for the evening. They described him as 'the best of the best' and they were right! He took a very diverse group of people and made it a party for all ages. All night we received compliments about him and we were told over and over by guests that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to! Once he started playing music for the ceremony, he kept the guests engaged and the energy up throughout the entirety of the evening - and 5 hours is a long time to keep people engaged!! From start to finish he made the process easy for us and went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Jeff · Married on 09/27/2015

Thank you Eric! I already knew how great of a DJ he is, but he is a fantastic emcee as well. Eric really understands weddings and was the perfect fit for ours. We even worked with Eric for a customized entry song for the bride, and he mastered it! He really kept the crowd's attention and the reception going. I highly recommend Eric and Stylus SE!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thanks Jeff! I appreciate the kind words. Fun event for sure. Wishing you all the best...

Lewis was amazing, LOVE his style. He is very funny and very easy going. Kept in constant contact with us. Had a blast with him the music was great and he kept the people dancing.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Katy · Married on 09/25/2015

Austin & I asked DJ Grant Eddins to Dj at our wedding, we literally got SO many compliments on how great the music was. We had a wide variety of songs and he made it flow so well. My ceremony was perfect and the reception was even better. DJ Grant MADE our wedding, every single person was on the dance floor, we even had the staff at our reception dancing. If you are looking for the best night of your life call Stylus wedding and request Grant.

-Katy Gardner

Sent on 02/17/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/12/2015

The most amazing experience I could ask for. Jason was very attentive to our needs, helped with any questions we had quickly and ran the show! I seriously could not have asked for a more professional, experienced, nice and friendly DJ who knows how to party! Great pricing too! If anyone asks me who to hire-- I would recommend him every single time!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Chris · Married on 09/12/2015

I am so thankful that we discovered Stylus DJ's in time for our wedding. Eric was exactly the DJ that we were looking for because he knows how to keep the dance floor moving! We told him that we wanted high energy and that's exactly what we got! Our dance floor was packed from start to finish. He never let a song linger too long before mixing out and moving on to yet another hot beat! Our friends have already reserved him for their wedding in November, and some of our guests have asked how they can get into that wedding to hear the DJ spin again! (Yes - He was that good!)

Eric was friendly, professional, and did a great job of helping us put together an unforgettable night. He was always quick to respond and was even available via text message. He was very thorough with his preparation for both the ceremony and the reception (he covered both for our wedding). He provided us with suggestions when we needed them and on the day of the wedding, Eric was on point - he arrived early, dressed professionally, and got everything set up at both the ceremony site and reception with time to spare. Little did we know, he even worked with our wedding party behind the scenes to orchestrate the best toast/skit/roast ever!

In addition to music, Eric also provided us with additional lighting, sound equipment and a GoBo. It worked perfectly for us, but added to the cost. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. However, don't be put off by our package because we definitely added quite a few extras.

I will definitely be calling Eric again for the next party and would recommend him to everyone I know.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thanks Chris. You and Matt were sooo much fun. And the party? Amazing. Portofino was the perfect venue for you guys. Hope to see you both soon!

Ashley · Married on 09/12/2015

Jason Huggins is the best DJ we could have ever asked for. We enjoyed every minute of working with him and his company. After meeting Jason at a local bar in Raleigh, we knew we had to have him for our wedding. Not only did he provide all the music, sound equipment, lighting we needed-- he completely controlled the party and kept everything flowing in a timely manner.

Our family and friends are raving around what an amazing party our reception was and it was specifically because of the music and the environment that he helped create for us. He was great about meeting with us to make sure we were getting everything we were asking for and it was PERFECT. I would recommend Stylus S.E. over and over again.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/08/2015

Choosing Eric Mills as our DJ was the best decision we made for our wedding. He was always available to meet with us and if we had any questions he was always quick to respond. He was also really flexible, which was important because my husband has a crazy schedule and Eric always accommodated us. He was open to changes through out our planning and really made our day his priority. He checked in with us periodically during planning to see if we needed help with anything and also suggested other vendors to us. Overall, he was a pleasure to work with!

At the wedding he was amazing! He staged our entrance perfectly with the greatest music. And he was awesome at reading our crowd.we had a really mixed group (with younger and older people) and everyone was dancing the entire night. His transitions into each stage of the wedding was flawless and our crowd loved him. He also interacted with our crowd by playing some games (if you want him to), which our crowd loved. Every time we talk to someone about our wedding the first comment we get is how amazing the DJ was. I would definitely recommend Eric Mills to all future brides and grooms!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you Samantha! You were very easy to work with during the planning process. When I finally met Jamie I could immediately see why you two SHOULD be getting married. Great couple, great families, and an amazing party. By the way, Kahlua says "hi" :-)

Mary Kait · Married on 07/25/2015

We used Eric Mills through Stylus, and he was exceptional in every way. It's been a year and a half since our wedding, and our friends and family STILL talk about how awesome our DJ was. Our wedding absolutely would not have been the same without Eric. He worked with us to tailor the perfect playlist—we gave him a few songs that must be played and told him the tone we were seeking, and he did all the work from there. He was incredibly responsive, punctual, professional, and easy to work with. I give a full-hearted recommendation for using Eric and Stylus.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you so much Mary Kait! You and Chris were wonderful to work with. I had so much fun with you guys at the Stockroom. That was definitely a full blown party!!

Beth · Married on 06/12/2015

Jason is amazing! Thanks to him our reception was even better than we envisioned! The reception was incredibly fun and memorable. We received so many comments from guests about how awesome he is. We are so thankful that he created our perfect wedding reception. Thank you Jason!

Sent on 07/07/2015

DJ Proto with Stylus was great at our wedding. He put together a fantastic mix of music based on the songs we submitted, and kept the party going! We would highly recommended him if you're looking for a fun wedding DJ.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Cynthia · Married on 05/29/2015

Eric was our DJ for my daughter's wedding. He's a pro. Having him do announcing of the scheduled wedding things was so much more helpful than I imagined. We are so glad our daughter found this vendor as the DJ. Definitely recommended. Thank you, Eric!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/04/2015

Stylus is hands down the best DJ company to work with. Jason and his crew are true professionals that know what they are doing!! My wedding was perfect because of them. Jason knew exactly what to play to keep the party going, we did not want the party to stop! All of my guests are still raving about how much fun the reception was! From the very beginning we received nothing but great customer service. They take time to make sure your event is planned out just the way you want it to be. You will not be disappointed, I will 100% always recommend Stylus!

(Side note)...My sister got engaged just 3 weeks after our wedding. My parents told her that she HAS to use Jason as her DJ, he literally ROCKS!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Erin · Married on 03/21/2015

We received so many compliments on the Music/Overall theme of our reception, thanks in large part to Jason, his demeanor, how he kept the party going. He took the time to really listen and understand what we wanted our reception to look like, and provided us with exactly what we were looking for. Everyone stayed dancing for the entire night, and the music he played was exactly what we were looking for. Beyond that he kept the crowd engaged and involved throughout the entire ceremony. He made the process easy from the planning stages through fruition. I didn't have to worry or stress at all the day of my wedding because I knew it was all taken care of. I would, and have recommended Jason to a few of my other friends that are getting married in the near future.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Phil · Married on 10/25/2014

My wife and I could not have asked for a better DJ for our ceremony and reception. Jason is a true professional with a passion for what he does. We worked with him on a basic outline of the genres we wanted to hear and also on the playlist, but mostly left it up to his judgement. He was right on queue with songs, during the ceremony, and also provided microphones for the officiant and readers.

We were amazed at Jason's performance during the reception! Not only did he keep us on schedule, but he managed to get the guests involved and EVERYONE out on the dance floor. All the way from 80+ year old grandparents to 5 year old cousins, no one could sit down! He played a mix that kept 4 generations of family and friends dancing until the last song. It was a blast!

Many of our guests commented afterwards that he was the best wedding DJ they had ever heard. I am inclined to agree! Jason was a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to recommend him for any event.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Natalie · Married on 10/04/2014

When giving a review it's not often that I give a perfect rating. I think it takes the person/people involved going above and beyond to really warrant it. In this case Jason deserves the full 5! We knew from the first meeting the we had to have him as our DJ and he did not disappoint!

At each of our meetings prior to wedding he was always on time and fully prepared (even when we weren't). He was extremely knowledgeable and really gives off the feeling that he loves his trade. Whether it was talking about the equipment he used, music in general or even board games (haha) he was fully prepared to answer all our questions.

When it came to the actual wedding Jason was amazing! He was at the venue before we were! The equipment that he brought with him was top notch, in great shape and looked really professional. We had him do our ceremony music as well as reception and it all went flawlessly.

There were times when we would stray from the schedule a bit (that Jason helped us create) but he was great at getting us back on track without us even realizing it. Every time we looked over at the DJ table you could see him really getting into the music which did nothing but help everyone else get into it.

Prior to the wedding we had of course set up our must play list of music but that's it. We had talked to Jason about what we like and he was able to excellently mirror our taste in all the songs he played. There was not a single moment where we thought the song needed to be changed or didn't fit the moment.

Jason is a true expert in his craft and we would recommend Stylus (and specifically Jason) to any of our friends in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Did a great job with our wedding and reception!!!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

Jason with Stylus DJs did a wonderful job at our wedding!
    He was on time, made sure the music was all perfect, and dressed appropriately!
    I cannot tell you how much he helped us out and made the reception so easy; he kept us on time and the music was just awesome.
    I do not remember a time that night when anyone was sitting down!
    I definitely refer him to anyone that wants to have a fun, upbeat, everyone-dancing kind of wedding!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Jason is the best DJ I know and coming from a former wedding coordinator, I know a lot of DJs. He loves what he does and is amazing at it. His love for making your event wonderful shines through in all that he does! Jason worked with us to create the perfect reception. Everyone from age 7-90 loved it. We told him we wanted a fun reception and he came up with a few games to play, the best songs to get everyone dancing, and kept the energy flowing throughout the event. We let Jason pick and choose the music mostly and we could not have been happier! He was remarkable at catching the essence of who we are a a couple and showing that through in the reception and for our ceremony music. I could not have dreamed up a better person to work with or a better DJ.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Janine · Married on 09/14/2014

My husband and I were a little nervous hiring a DJ because we have such particular tastes in music and wanted music to be a HUGE focal point of our wedding. Our vision was to have all guests on the dance floor, having fun, and sharing in our day with us. All I can say is, Jason was AMAZING! We knew he would be great based on his experience, knowledge, and personality, but truthfully, he far exceeded our expectations. He played every song we wanted and then some! He mixed songs perfectly, leading from one to the other, and kept EVERYONE dancing. I never felt like a song played for too long, too short, or was disappointed with song selection. We received TONS of compliments from our guests regarding our DJ choice. We left in total awe and so happy we went with Stylus and Jason! We HIGHLY recommend Stylus S.E. for every occasion!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/13/2014

We are a pretty weird couple and had really specific desires for our reception. Stylus DJ was recommended by another friend, and after interviewing several DJs, we selected DJ Animal (Eric Mills). We asked him to combine Jewish culture, Star Wars references, and Hip Hop/Latin music, which is incredibly specific and not necessarily conducive to a flowing dance party. We also outlined a super-detailed Top Gun-themed entrance music for the bridal party, which we worried would be a disaster because we had so many planned parts, and any one of them could have failed. How we were wrong.

DJ Animal NAILED the vibe we were after. He pronounced every single person's name correctly, hosted hilarious games and soul train dances, and kept the party going for five solid amazing hours. He read the crowd perfectly. The older folks boogied with the younger folks, and the younger folks could never sit for long when another great song was on cue. When he finished, everyone stayed on the dance floor and begged for more. He had to excuse himself and turn the lights on before people accepted the party was over. It was Exactly the party I wanted.

Sent on 12/12/2014