49 Reviews for Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking

Bridesmaids (2)
Replicas (2)
Mother of Groom (1)
49 Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking Reviews

Barbara and I collaborated on a mother of the groom gown for my son's wedding. I had a vision, and she executed that vision and brought such a deep knowledge and skill of dressmaking, that astonished me. Having had a business in the periphery of the garment industry, I had basic knowledge of fabrics and techniques... as I began to work with Barbara, I absolutely knew my gown was in the right hands and knew without a doubt, that Barbara was going to make the creation come to life perfectly...which she did, exceeding my expectations exponentially! Her insight, skills, and care for every facet was such a comfort for me, that it was worth the extra time to drive to her studio for whatever fitting she needed. In the end, I not only felt beautiful, but was complimented all night long on my gown. My whole experience was such a pleasure, that I can't put into words my deep gratitude to Barbara.

Photo for Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking Review - Me, My husband and our grandaughter
Profile Picture april, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I give her five stars because Barbara is the absolute best!!! She's very reasonably priced, does meticulous work, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I ended up with the wedding dress of my dreams! I bought a dress off the rack for $200 from a bridal boutique that was going out of business, it was a size 12 or 16 and I'm typically a 4 or 6 in dress sizes, the dress was also a drop waist and I wanted it to fit perfectly to my natural waist. I bought the dress in hopes of finding a dress maker to completely transform my dress into my dream dress. Cue Barbara floating in as an angel. Despite there being nine layers of tulle, a complete transformation of the top of the dress from a drop waist to a natural waist, and bead work needed to be done by hand, Barb seemed confident that she could make my dream dress come true. I'm so glad I trusted her, because my dress was everything I had imagined and more!!!! It was absolutely stunning. She did such great work that my judgey best friend now uses her to get his suits tailored and my mom used her to tailor her dress for the wedding. I recommend Barbara wholeheartedly.

Photo for Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking Review - Before Picture of the drop waist dress (blah!)
Photo for Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking Review - After picture- It fit perfectly!!!!!!!!!!
Profile Picture Brittany, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customization, Bride, Mother of Bride, Bridal Gowns

If you're the mother of the bride and want to create something fabulous for your daughter's wedding, look NO further. Barbara was a real joy to work with. I traveled 90 minutes each way, and she's worth the drive!! She listened intently to what I was hoping to create and took notes with each visit. She was meticulous during every phase of the dressmaking...even the lining had to be perfect. I wanted something to wear that was beautiful yet comfortable. She designed the perfect evening gown with matching jacket. I had so many compliments the day of the wedding!!! More than anything, be assured Barbara is a skilled and talented dressmaker with a flair for design and fabric choices. Give her a try....you won't be sorry!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara is a wonderful artist who made me the perfect gown for my son's wedding. The dress was both elegant and comfortable. I will be using her services again when my daughter gets married.

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara is absolutely amazing!!! She took the vision I had in my head for my wedding gown and made it a reality!! I'm so happy I had the pleasure of working with her!! There's no one better!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Our daughter's bespoke wedding dress (for a wedding six weeks away) arrived from Europe this week far smaller than she measured (and she is thin to start). It has a boned bodice and lace sleeves that need to be replaced. Barbara set us an immediate appointment and has already given very good advice before we've even seen her. The significant alterations are well within her expertise, and I have just breathed for the first time in days. We appreciate such professionalism.

Profile Picture Caryn, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

If you're reading this, don't look anywhere else; call Barbara! She is a gown-saver.

We had purchased an incredibly expensive bespoke dress that arrived weeks before the wedding...in the wrong size. After some research my mother came across Style des Reves, and Barbara put our minds at rest immediately.

Her work speaks for itself; she completely reworked the bodice and sleeves, and you would never know it had been altered (except that it now fits). She also crafted a stunning veil, incorporating a headband I already owned and matching the unusual shade of the gown perfectly. She was flexible, incredibly talented, with excellent customer service.

More people need to know about her; if we had known she was nearby, we would have simply designed a gown with her!

Profile Picture Emily, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara saved our daughter's wedding, and my sanity. She extensively altered (as described earlier) a very expensive bespoke gown that arrived unwearable (not due to change in bride's size, just made wrong), and created the perfect headdress (very reasonably) for the bride. She then rescued my supposedly custom-made dress which had arrived also unwearable, and on very short notice gave me a dress for the wedding when there was no further time to shop.

The biggest lesson I learned was that "custom-made" no longer seems to imply any quality control, no matter the price tag (try thousands). It is very important to have someone working with you, near at hand, and I will not repeat the same mistake.

Barbara's work is exquisite, her eye for design and color superb, and she is a very gentle, fun, and calming presence. I wish we had known about her from the beginning; she would have been the artist for both dresses, and the process would have added even more to the wedding memories, because she truly cares about her customers and becomes a valued part of the wedding.

I would recommend Barbara to anyone who is even considering any creative touches to their wedding attire. You won't be disappointed, and your wedding experience will be enhanced. Barbara's prices are reasonable, and you get far more than just the outfit; there's no substitute for a true craftswoman and artist.

Profile Picture Caryn, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara was absolutely amazing! When I received my dress from boutique in Connecticut, it was in need of several minor alterations as well as being let out in the torso. She quickly came to the rescue and saved the day! My dress was stunning and not to mention incredibly comfortable.

Profile Picture Kerriann, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara was a joy to work with! My dress was extremely complex but she was able to make it fit me like a glove. I would definitely recommend Barbara to anyone who needs a custom dress or any alterations!

Profile Picture Melinda, 1/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara is awesome. My wedding dress was 2,500 and I was really nervous about getting it worked on. I found her while searching this site and her reviews caught my eye along with her being listed as affordable. She did so many adjustments to my dress while keeping it looking the same and staying extremely affordable. Anywhere else and I would of been charged a fortune. My last dress fitting she gave me a hug and even that made me smile. She's super sweet and her 30+ years of experience seriously shows. Thanks Barbara!

Profile Picture Jina, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I asked Barbara to create a capelet to wear with my wedding dress.. I provided ideas of what I liked and she was able to create the perfect unique piece to accompany my dress. Just how I envisioned. Perfect style, selection of fabric, and color to match. She also altered my dress to fit me perfectly. Beautiful work. I could not ask for more.

Profile Picture User6502449, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Customization, Bride, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

Barbara is amazing! She brought the vision I had to life! Highly recommend her for dress altering and dress redesign. Flexible kind reasonable prices!

Profile Picture olivia, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the pleasure of spending 8 months with Barbara in creating my custom made bridal gown. Words cannot express my Style Des Reves Custom Dressmaking experience. My gown was absolutely amazing! Endless compliments! Folks were shocked to hear that my gown was designed and made from scratch! It was the MOST beautiful and elegant dress and Im so blessed to have had it developed with such perfection for my big day. Massive appreciation! Barbara is definitely a MASTER OF HER CRAFT. 5 ????? A++++

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Thanks to Barbara my wedding dress was the most beautiful and comfortable dress I have worn, and probably will ever wear. She made sure that everything was absolutely perfect.
Her price was reasonable and she met all of the expectations. I completely trusted her sense of style and advice. She was patient, sweet, and attended to detail. My maid of honor, my sister, has autism. She was very patient with her and did and excellent job on her gown as well. With her help, the dresses fit us like gloves.

Profile Picture Judith, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Alterations

Barbara's creative eye and exquisite artistry transformed my daughter's wedding "dress" into her wedding dream. Words cannot describe the beauty and craftsmanship of her work. She took a plain Jane off the rack wedding dress and made it a one-of-a-kind confection. My daughter and I were very impressed with Barbara's professionalism and kindness throughout a very busy wedding season and a flurry of last-minute fittings! Many thanks Barbara! Well done??

Profile Picture Heidi, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Barbara was professional, persistence, and extremely easy to work with. She made this experience fun and stress free!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Customization, Bride

I found Barbara by accident and I am so glad I did! There was a specific dress I desired for my wedding day and she was able to recreate it almost exactly just from a photograph. We were also working within a budget and Barbara made it possible to stick to it. It was always a joy to visit Barbara for a fitting and so special to be a part of the dress making process.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/20/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Customization, Bridal Gowns, Replicas

I can not thank Barbara enough for the amazing work she did on my moms 24 year old gown!! together we redesigned my mothers dress for me to wear at my wedding and i could not have even imagine it would come out as gorgeous as it did. She has true talent and passion that shows in her work. People were in shock that it was really my mothers dress and I still have guests raving about the work she did. She has given me a memory i will cherish forever and i would not recommend any one else for services from the smallest alterations to a complete dress make over!

Profile Picture brittney, 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Alterations, Customization, Bride, Mother of Bride

Barbara altered my wedding dress for my October wedding. From start to finish, working with her was a pleasure. She was professional, reasonably priced, and incredibly talented. My dress fit absolutely perfectly when she was finished and I felt wonderful wearing it on my wedding day thanks to her.

Profile Picture User5558949, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Working with Barbara on my wedding dress was a pleasure from the first phone call to the final fitting. I had a very specific idea in mind, and sent her all the reference photographs and images of the bead work I wanted to include, and even from our early conversations, I just knew she understood my style and what I wanted from the dress. And more importantly, her confidence and professionalism made me positive that she could bring all of this to life perfectly! I had a budget in mind, and Barbara was mindful of this throughout, which I really appreciated. At the beginning of the process, she created a few different initial ideas/options, at different price-points, for me to review and choose from, and when I selected my design (opting for what I like to call, the "dream scenario"!), she was clear and honest about costing out different elements of the ensemble, and how long each part of the process would take. Every fitting at her studio was wonderful, and she is meticulous with fit and construction. Barbara also listened to little requests I had, gave great advice and answered all my questions as the outfit came together, which made me feel completely involved but also in the hands of a total expert. And the final outfit was perfection - it surpassed any idea I had in my mind of how it would look and feel, and, I think it's fair to say, was even more incredible than the original inspiration! Barbara is incredibly talented, a true artist and cares about her clients.
It could be easy to feel nervous going down the custom route for the first time (especially for your wedding dress), but I can't recommend Barbara enough!

Profile Picture User5571831, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Customization, Bridal Gowns

Wow! Where do I begin? I can't express how amazing Barbara's talent is! She took a magazine photo, a simple silhouette dress, and a piece of lace and created my absolute dream wedding dress. She is friendly, professional, talented, timely, helpful and creative.
I have already referred close friends to her and will be sending her all of my future business!

Profile Picture CJ, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Alterations, Customization, Replicas

I really enjoyed working with Barbara I've already referred one of my coworkers that's getting married next September to use Barbara

Profile Picture User5559707, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Styles des Reves was recommended to me by a friend who worked with Barbara on her wedding dress and her husband's wedding attire. I wanted a custom jacket for my wedding, but worried about all the potential things that could go wrong. I explained to Barbara my vision for the jacket by showing her several different photos I found on the web. I wanted a collar from one jacket, the color of another and the sleeves from yet another jacket design. Babara immediately understood my vision, made some excellent recommendations and even sketched a few designs to be sure we were on the same page. I instantly trusted Barbara and we quickly got to work. Barbara was super helpful with picking out fabrics, has excellent communications skills and was always on time and budget. I was delighted with my custom-made jacket as it looked sophisticated and was very comfortable. The icing on the cake was when Barbara made last minute adjustments to my wife's wedding dress only days before the wedding. I highly recommend Barbara for her design skills, quality product and wonderful personality.

Profile Picture User5543740, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Working with Barbara was truly incredible. I wanted an unusual design for my wedding dress, but something that would still be timeless. I didn't like any wedding dresses I saw, so I decided to design my own -a concoction of metallic gold and off-white pleats. I went to design school, so I had an idea, but I didn't have the skill level to execute it. I had an old school mate begin to make it for me and it was.... not great. After ruining several yards of fabric, I needed professional help. Enter: Barbara. I initially spoke to her over the phone and it was clear she was very knowledgable and experienced. She put my mind at ease and understood my dilemma. After my first fitting with her, I felt that I was in the best hands. Barbara has an impressive understanding of tailoring and form. She advised me on the best silhouettes for my figure (listen to her --she knows best) and together, after several fittings, we collaborated on the design of a stunning dress. She did her best to help me save money on material wherever possible and in the end, the dress fit me like a glove. It was so beautiful, I'm still getting compliments a whole month after my wedding. Barbara is insanely talented and her prices are very fair. If you want something custom and completely original, Barbara can make your dress dreams come true!!

Profile Picture Elise, 8/29/15, 1 Review