14 Reviews for Style by Design

13 Style by Design Reviews

Amy and Melissa are both such a pleasure to work with. My (now husband) and I spent several weekends looking for "the perfect" venue. After being referred to Amy, she took hours of her time to speak with me and recommended several venues she thought would suit us all before we even hired her to do anything! And boy are we glad we spoke to her! Not only did she help us find our dream venue, but she was also a HUGE help in making sure our day flowed like it was supposed to. We hired Amy and Melissa for day of coordination and are beyond thrilled we did! They are both very professional and did a great job ensuring everyone was in the right place at the right time and helped keep things on schedule. Amy also helped with our initial design and it was very clear that she knows her stuff. I would highly recommend Style by Design to anyone looking for design and wedding planning services.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Booking the talented Amy Stanley from Style by Design was the best decision we made for our wedding. We didn't have to worry about finding a separate event designer, wedding coordinator, florist or stationary company, because Amy did it all!
She was with us throughout the whole planning process from designing our Save-the-Dates to the actual wedding day. With her graphic design specialty, she was able to design our Save-the-Dates and Wedding Invitation Stationary and tailor them towards our personalities and style.
I felt I could trust Amy throughout our brainstorming sessions to really see the vision I had for my wedding. After discussing with her my wedding decor must-haves, she came up with an inspiration board detailing 3 different centerpiece ideas, cakes design ideas, ceremony aisle decor, altar flower arrangements, and escort card display arrangement, to name a few. She not only nailed my vision, but made it unique, and added some of her own ideas which were all amazing and opened my eyes to different ways of doing things.
I will say, going through the process of planning a wedding was very new to me but Amy welcomed all the questions I had along the way and made me feel like I always had her as a resource.
I cannot say enough about how amazing our actual wedding day was. It was probably the best day of my life. I was so taken aback by how romantic and beautiful everything looked. It far exceeded my expectations and all the dreams I had prior to my wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't believe it was my wedding.
Like I said before, she does it all and it was so worth booking her to handle many aspects of my wedding. I think it made for an easier planning process and made all the design elements of my wedding cohesive, as you’re talking to one person who knows your preferences and vision for everything from invitations to flowers to the night’s timeline.

I would absolutely, definitely recommend Amy!! Visit her website: www.sbdva.com

Profile Picture Maria, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Amy did an amazing job! She did my day of coordination as well as my flowers. The flowers were beyond anything I could have ever imagined. So beautiful! She made my day stressfree. Everything went so smoothly. She knows her stuff!

Profile Picture Michelle , 10/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I had Lauren from Style by Design in Yorktown do my bridal hair and makeup. She was easy going, fun and great to work with. On trial hair and make up she took all of my comments and requests and gave me a beautiful look. I had a hair malfunction the week before my wedding so when the big day came we ended up starting from scratch. She did such a stunning and amazing job. I loved the way I looked and it really was the best image of myself that I wanted shown. We didn't paint me to look like someone else, we made me look like me but glamorous enough to match my beautiful wedding!

Lauren came in earlier than we booked her for to ensure she had time to single handedly style the hair and do the makeup for all 3 bridesmaids and myself. We finished with a few just enough time to spare. She stuck around to make sure I made it through the ceremony with no issues and her style and makeup actually lasted all night. My last minute eyelashes even managed to stay until I woke up. GOOD JOB!

I loved working with her, and had a great and COMFORTABLE time as well. She was amazing! Thanks Lauren!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Amy Stanley is a young, energetic, talented professional who is headed for big success! Despite being fairly new to the business of wedding-planning, Amy has developed quite a clientele in just a few short years. Her creativity and competence are something you would only expect to see in someone who has been doing this for decades! Amy designed and planned my daughter's wedding and reception earlier this month. I have been to many weddings over my lifetime and have never seen one go smoother! Amy keeps such a pleasant, optimistic attitude throughout the entire process and instinctively knows when to assert her guidance and when to let the bride have the reigns! She was always courteous and exuded confidence and calmness, which does amazing things to bring down the stress level! I highly recommend Amy at Style by Design to anyone who is planning an event and wants it to be exactly what they dreamed it would be!!!

Profile Picture kathy, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Style by Design as are decorator/florist and would highly recommend Amy to anyone.

Our original decorator in the Outer Banks, Renee Landry, suddenly dropped us, without warning, 1 month before our wedding. My wife, who had been calm the entire process, suddenly was in a state of panic. We were recommended to Style by Design (Amy) by a friend who lives in the area, and were extremely pleased. Given that she had roughly 30 days to meet with us, plan/design, order and put together everything, Amy was truly a miracle worker. She was able to take my wife's vision for table, reception and ceremony decor, and came up with a plan that was perfect. We really only met with Amy once, and exchanged a handful of emails, and everything went off with out a hitch. Amy made all of the arrangements ahead of time by contacting and viewing the venue (Currituck Club), she showed up the day of and put everything together. The flowers were perfect, the table arrangements were better than we could've ever imagined, and the ceremony decor was spot on.

Profile Picture User3590067, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Amy helped brainstorm and design ideas for both our ceremony and reception. All details were executed beautifully and professionally. Amy is creative and likes to try new things out which helped make my wedding personal. The biggest benefit to having Amy as a planner and designer was that she contacted all of my vendors a couple weeks before the wedding to double check all I’s were dotted and T’s were crossed. The value from SBD is unbeatable. Amy and her crew at Style By Design were why my wedding was beautiful, personal and went off without a hitch! (or at least I wasn’t aware of any!) I have already recommended her to three other brides!

Profile Picture Michele, 6/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Amy at Style by Design did an amazing job with working with me for my vision to come to life! She was such a help through every part of the wedding planning and day of process! I highly suggest hiring her for her creativity and skills for any event! My wedding would have been a flop without her :)

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/18/13, 1 Review

Style By Design, aka- Amy Stanley:

I could not imagine how my wedding would have been if we didn't have the talented, Amy Stanley!

Amy wore many hats for our wedding: Day-of and rehearsal coordinator (with her amazing assistant, Laura!), graphic designer (for save the dates, invitations, photobooth graohics), florist, and ceremony/reception decorator.

I met Amy in VA through my husband (who used to live near Amy in VA). I was looking for the perfect all-in-one wedding coordinator and I'm SO HAPPY I was introduced to Amy last Christmas! We had a close working relationship from December 2011 until our wedding on Oct. 13, 2012 in the OBX of NC.

Amy helped me decide on a theme for the wedding. She designed 3 different options for me based on my wedding boards on pintrest (follow me @cdt0503) and I was able to pick and choose from those boards to create one Romatic/Shabby-Chic board.

Amy even featured us in her blog a few times, which made us feel really special!

Here's the post that shows our venue and inspiration boards: http://sbdva.com/wedding-wednesday-inspiration/

On both the invitations and save-the-dates, Amy and I worked together on the design until we were happy with the final product.

Our Save the Dates: http://sbdva.com/save-the-date-carly-chris/

Our Invitations: http://sbdva.com/outer-banks-wedding-graphics-carly-chris/

Amy and her assistant, Laura did an amazing job with the wedding coordination, decorations, and florals on the day of the wedding! They kept us on track all day and kept everyone relatively stress free. I highly recommend using Amy for all or even some of the many services she offers! She's truly the COMPLETE package!

Here are some of Amy's personal pictures from our wedding day: http://sbdva.com/outer-banks-wedding-details/

Profile Picture Carly, 10/13/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Amy and her company Style by Design are nothing short of perfection! She went above and beyond to make the wedding planning process stress-free, enjoyable, and just plain fun! Her personality exudes confidence and optimism...and I really looked forward to our meetings (in person or on the phone) because I would always feel at ease afterwards! Her creative talents are out of this world and if you have a vision...she will make it happen! She offers not only wedding planning/coordination services, but decor rentals and graphic design...which I used all of! Her assistant, Laura, is a fantastic coordinator and helped my wedding day run perfectly smooth! Laura is super organized and her time management skills were crucial on the day of the wedding to stay on track with our timeline! Amy also arranged flowers for my rehearsal dinner the night before...and they were absolutely beautiful!!! Definitely check out Style By Design's amazing website for inspiration on what is possible for your wedding! I would give them 100 stars if possible!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 10/6/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning

You cannot find better in this area! This woman is sharp and insightful, while being personable and open-minded. She can take a vague idea and turn it into your dream reality. I highly recommend her for your wedding, showers, parties, and ANY event you are considering having. She's a great artist.

Profile Picture User3909820, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The wedding was stunning. Every aspect was spot on. Fantastic work!

Profile Picture User3909829, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Amy at Style by Design is amazing and extremely talented! She took my ideas for the wedding and transformed them into the most perfect day! The decor and details were more than we could have ever dreamed of. The day went of without any issues due to her planning and detailed timeline. She even created all the graphics for our day! Style by Design is wonderful and I would recommend them to anyone!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/1/11, 1 Review