Stumptown DJs Reviews

293 | Portland, OR

293 Reviews for Stumptown DJs

• User7471817 · event on: 12/03/2016

I have used Stumptown DJs for events for my company for the past three years. They are fantastic: very professional and easy to work with. I've had nothing but great experience with them and plan to continue to use them for my events!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Dave · event on: 10/28/2016

I'm a middle school leadership teacher and StumpTown sent DJ Drew out to DJ our dance. During the organization phase, the guys in the office were quick to respond and very helpful working with me and my students to get things set up. Drew was great with the kids and flexible with what the leadership kids thought would make our dance better. Very professional and friendly in addition to great DJing skills.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Consider the vibe you want for your wedding and go with one of their DJs. Katie was perfect for our wedding! She tried hard to understand what we were looking for and tried to put her own flare on it as well. She's awesome.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Jeff · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Samir and Stumptown were amazing and so professional. The perfect mix of fun and responsibility. Very responsive and always available to answer questions.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Margie · Married on 10/08/2016

We hired Stumptown DJs for our wedding about four months beforehand and they were so awesome to work with! They were extremely professional and totally on top of everything before our wedding. We had DJ Denis as our DJ and he was so great! He called us the week of to go over the day-of timeline as well as all the songs we wanted played and when. You could tell that he has a natural ability of keeping the party going, and that is exactly what we wanted! He absolutely nailed it the day of, so much so that we could've danced all night long if time permitted us to. If at all possible, book DJ Denis for your upcoming event/wedding! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Stumptown DJs's reply:

Margie,
    Thanks for the kind words. We are so happy to be a part of your special day. We work hard to keep things professional, organized, and the over all event fun for everyone. Cheers to you and Michael!
  • F

Meg · Married on 10/01/2016

Our experience with Stumptown DJs for our wedding was awesome! They were always communicative and professional. DJ Jai did an excellent job leading our wedding on the day of, played great music (what we wanted) and let our style and personalities shine through. Thanks!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jenna · Married on 09/24/2016

DJ Denis with Stumptown DJ provided exceptional DJ services at our wedding! We could not be happier. DJ Denis was professional, flexible, and detail oriented, and really reflected our taste in music throughout the night. We highly recommend DJ Denis with Stumptown DJ's!

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • User7272517 · event on: 09/16/2016

DJ Denis was prepared and adaptable throughout our entire event. He helped to make our awards ceremony run smoothly by providing the right music, and was very attentive to cues and change overs to keep the energy up and the night moving.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Laura · Married on 09/10/2016

We had a great experience with Stumptown DJs and would definitely recommend them. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and all our questions/communications were dealt with promptly. We talked to both Matthew and DJ Andrew before our wedding and they were both great about going through everything and helping us figure out the best flow for everything. DJ Andrew was great about handling requests and keeping the party going all night long. Thanks!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Morgan · Married on 09/10/2016

We booked DJ Jai through Stumptown DJs and were happy with every step of the process. Their online database full of music made my life, as my own planner, a million times easier with a comprehensive breakdown and suggestions.

Jai was easy to get ahold of and even easier to work with. He patiently walked me through every step of the process and I never felt pressured into anything but he had lots of good suggestions when I wanted them. His knowledge of music is super vast and he was even able to accommodate my mom's request for some country music. One thing I was very impressed by, during cocktail hour it was stifling hot inside the barn and Jai took it upon himself to find some huge fans in a back room and set them up in the corners of the room for cross ventilation. It's vendors like this and people like Jai who go above and beyond to make all the time spent planning really worthwhile.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Amelia · Married on 09/10/2016

We had DJ Katie and can't say enough good things about her. She had us put together lists of the types of songs we liked and wanted for cocktail hour and the reception and then she built a master playlist for the night. About 10 minutes into the cocktail hour we started having guests come up to us to tell us how much they loved the DJ and that continued throughout the night. Katie was great at spacing dance songs with slower songs to give people little breaks, but she really took to heart our desire to have a three-hour dance party! We had a hard time making time to talk to some guests once the music started because we were having so much fun dancing!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2016

What an amazing experience we had with Stumptown DJs! Very prompt, professional, flexible & fun. DJ Jai absolutely killed it! He was so great with keeping the party going and managing the flow of events. He even entertained the kids interested in all of the DJ equipment. We received so many compliments on our DJ. Jai truly went above and beyond our expectations. Hands down, best experience EVER!!

Tyler & Lisa Kuntz
    September 9, 2016
    McMenamins Cornelius Pass- Octagonal Barn

Sent on 10/07/2016

Couldn't have been more perfect! Jai was wonderful, and he knew exactly how and where to set up at our site (McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse). Perfect day, perfect music!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Jessie · Married on 09/04/2016

Katie from Stumptown DJ's was incredible to work with, and added an amazing element to our wedding!
    From the planning phase to the day of, Katie was professional, funny and a dream to work with.
    The only things to surpass her fantastic organizational wizardry were her DJing skills - she kept people dancing all night long! She facilitated everything perfectly, and the whole day and night went off without one problem.
    Thank you so much for an unforgettable time!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/04/2016

Matt from Stumptown DJs is who we used and everything went flawlessly from start to finish! We had multiple people come up to us at the wedding to tell us how awesome he was, and we couldn't have been happier. They made the entire process easy and personalized the music to our needs. We highly recommend Matt and this company to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/28/2016

DJ Katie made our wedding reception a smashing success! Can't say enough good things about our experience with Stumptown DJs and DJ Katie. I worked with Matt (who I think is the owner) and Katie (who was the DJ at our wedding) and both were extremely friendly and helpful in making sure we considered all the details of what we wanted at the wedding. Our wedding party had some eclectic musical tastes (plus my husband absolutely had to have Scorpions as part of the line up). We relied on Katie to integrate everyone's suggestions and keep people dancing, and she did just that! Everyone from my 4-year-old niece to 84-year-old grandma was on the dance floor. My sister-in-law likes to pick a "best thing" about every wedding she goes to (no two weddings can have the same one) and she decided we had the best music! Would happily work with these guys again for any event!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Maia · Married on 08/27/2016

Book these guys ASAP! Samir was our DJ and I only asked for one thing - make everyone dance the whole time. And he did it! We loved him, he totally made our night magical.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kerry · event on: 08/24/2016

Ty from Stumptown Dj's was incredible! We have a very unique retirement population and on top of that requested old country for our southern BBQ. The music selection was perfect and was enjoyed by all ages attending the event. We will for sure be calling Stumptown for future events! Such a joy to work with at the BBQ!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • User7412021 · 2+ years ago

DJ Katie was absolutely amazing! She was smart, funny, creative and understood our wants for the music at our wedding and over-delivered. She truly worked with us to make our Wedding soundscape exactly what we wanted. She was unique, interesting and engaging---not just the typical cheesy DJ you see too many times at weddings. In fact several guests later asked me if it was possible to get a playlist of the songs she played.

I cannot recommend DJ Katie highly enough. If you are getting married and need a DJ stop reading this and go hire Katie. It will be the second best decision you make on your wedding day.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2016

We are so happy with our experience with Stumptown! Matt the owner was responsive, kind and professional. I cannot say enough about how fantastic Casey was for our wedding. He knew exactly how to read our guests, and kept the music flowin' and the dance floor FULL the entire duration of the wedding reception. We loved having him as an addition to our wedding, and he fit right in with our guests (who loved him as well)! Do yourself a favor and hire Casey!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Mandy · Married on 08/12/2016

We found Stumptown DJs through our venues' vendors list. Stumptown provided the best service that I have ever experienced. DJ Drew fit the reception music to mine and my hubster's style, and Matt answered all of my questions. I will definitely recommended Stumptown DJs in the future.

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • I

Isauro · Married on 08/04/2016

Working with Matt and his team at Stump Town DJ’s was a complete pleasure. From start to finish, communication was clear, service was professional and their process of organizing for our reception (@ Coopers Hall, Portland Oregon) was easy and efficient. This made all the difference since my wife and I were organizing from Australia…yes Australia. Despite the distance, Matt and his team were easy to contact via telephone and email. Once we landed in Portland a week before our big day, there wasn’t much left to do. Matt and his team were very well organised.

DJ Drew was our guy for the wedding, and he exceeded all expectations. We chose some songs through the Stump Town DJs' online website to give DJ Drew a flavor of what we liked and he took it from there. I’d like to note that their playlist is very comprehensive and easy to organize.

DJ Drew read the atmosphere and the guests very well. While we gave him some “must play songs”, everything he played during dinner, speeches, cake cutting and finally the dancing was all perfect. My only regret is that I didn’t get a chance to at least chat with DJ Drew…I was too busy enjoying myself on the dance floor:)

Thank you Matt, DJ Drew and Stump Town DJ’s crew for making our reception a wonderful night that we and our guests will always remember!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Stella · Married on 07/31/2016

Andrew, our DJ, made the whole night go so smooth. Everyone loved the music and the vibe. Great choice for your wedding!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Devon · Married on 07/29/2016

DJ Drew did SUCH an amazing job at our wedding. He was truly the perfect DJ. He didn't hog the mic or make himself the center of attention, yet he was able to direct the crowd really well. He played really great music and kept the dance party going for hours.

Stumptown was easy to work with. They gave us a large music database to choose from and downloaded any song requests that weren't already in the database. The best part was that we didn't need to tell Drew exactly was music to play-- we selected a few songs for each time of the night (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) and he created the rest of the playlist based on our selections. It was great to not have to spend hours picking out each song.

DJ Drew even checked in with me (the bride) a few times during the reception to make sure that I was happy with the music. I really appreciated that. He definitely was working hard to ensure the music was exactly what we wanted. Our wedding would not have been as fun without him!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Casey · Married on 07/23/2016

We worked with DJ Casey and he was so great! He really took into account our music preferences, while also reading the crowd really well. Our dance floor was packed all night! He was also an excellent MC. He worked with our Day-of-Coordinator to make sure all the announcements were made in a timely manner, and that we stuck to our schedule as much as possible. We also had some last minute day-of changes, and Casey was very accommodating and flexible. Their rates are very reasonable for the excellent service we received. We can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/01/2016