Stumptown DJs Reviews

293 | Portland, OR

293 Reviews for Stumptown DJs

Mariesa · Married on 12/31/2017

From the first phone call to the very end Jai was amazing. If you want a quality DJ I wouldn’t pick anyone else. We were able to personalize our whole wedding and then he threw in some awesome music and knew just what to play. and he kicked are party crasher out ;)
    invest in your DJ!! it’s worth it.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Pat · Married on 12/30/2017

We used Stumptown DJs for our December wedding at the Benson Hotel. Katie was our DJ and she was outstanding. Katie met with us prior to the event and we had a great discussion about what we were looking for in music for dinner and dancing. She was very flexible and definitely knew music and what she was doing. She was especially good at keeping things moving as scheduled. Katie was able to meet the needs of a vary mixed crowd from many young pre-teens to mature "slow dancers." She helped make our event very celebratory and so much fun! We definitely would use Stumptown DJs and ask for Katie again.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

DJ Drew did an excellent job of playing music and being the voice of the night! I had a wedding in the Columbia River Gorge on family property and he was anazing. He entertained my guests perfectly and played all the music I wanted and took requests as asked. I would highly recommend Stumptown DJ if you need a DJ for an event. I am very pleased with the quality of service I got and the price I paid. I would definitely work with them again if I needed someone.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jon · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a great time and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Breanne · Married on 09/30/2017

Jai at Stumptown DJs was a dream DJ to work with. He understood the vibe of all aspects of our wedding, what we as a couple were about, our likes and our dislikes. He honored all of our wishes and made the night magical. There was a sensational blend of music that kept people on the dance floor until the final moments of the wedding. We even had multiple people tell us after that they had been to multiple weddings this year and that ours had the best music and the best diversity of music that seemingly went together. I cannot recommend Stumptown, and Jai in particular, enough. They were great to work with with incredible efficient and effective communication, which as a bride who was high on stress but low on time, was incredibly appreciated.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jenna · Married on 09/17/2017

We used Stumptown DJ's for our wedding on 9/17 and couldn't be happier. Selecting a specific DJ was super easy as bios are readily available on their website. We chose Jai who was AWESOME. From the beginning, Jai was extremely helpful when it came to organizing our thoughts for music during the dinner and reception. We talked on the phone a couple times prior to the wedding and he offered the perfect blend of suggestions when needed but also going along with the flow of what we were looking for. We had one main goal: keep people dancing and having fun and Jai certainly did not disappoint. Our guests loved him, as did we, and we really can't say enough about how happy we are that Jai was with us to keep the party going that night. Thank you, Jai!!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

Stumptown DJs was a great company to work with. They're super attentive, crazy knowledgeable, and they have prices to fit all wedding budgets. Totally worth the money... oh, and they for sure kept the dance party going.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Laurel · Married on 09/02/2017

Hiring Stumptown DJ's was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Matt, the owner, and the entire staff are incredibly professional and helpful throughout the process. Casey was our DJ for the wedding, and everyone loved him. He has a great, calming presence, an awesome speaking voice, and followed our somewhat technical requests to perfection. We loved him. Thanks for a great experience guys!

Sent on 09/11/2017

J · Married on 08/12/2017

We had DJ Casey for our wedding and he was wonderful! I had so much relief when he took over for the night and I didn't have to think about timing or planning anymore-- he was very organized and professional-- and almost before he could finish telling everyone it was time to dance, the entire wedding (sans 2 grandparents) were already in the floor and he kept the dance floor packed all night. Everyone had such a good time. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Hannah · Married on 08/12/2017

Jai DJed our wedding at Husum Highlands B&B and our dance floor was constantly full, if it wasn't for the venues curfew we could have danced all night. People kept commenting to us how much fun the dance floor was and how great the music was! Not only did Jai play great music and kept the flow of the wedding going MCing but he was also very organized and was actually the only vender who checked in with us to make sure everything was ready to go. We would definitely recommend Jai at Stumptown DJs to dj your wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Sheryl · Married on 08/12/2017

We booked DJ Katie for our wedding reception at the Sentinel Hotel. Music was one of the most important aspects of our wedding. I felt that the Stumptown DJ's database was a bit clunky and didn't have the music selection we wanted, so Katie was totally down for us to build playlists on Spotify. Which was wonderful because every song she played was handpicked by us - and I loved that. We met with Katie in person a couple of months before our wedding. She worked with us to build a timeline to align with the night's events, organized/mixed our songs according to how the night would progress, and did an excellent job as MC as well. She is super organized, extremely friendly, and easy to work with. We had the best party - she had our guests dancing the entire night, and we received many compliments on the music. I highly recommend Stumptown DJs, and specifically Katie, for your next event!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Kate · event on: 08/05/2017

Katie at Stumptown DJ's was amazing! She was friendly, flexible and professional.
    She helped set the tone for our party and people enjoyed and danced to the music
    that was being played throughout the entire time of the party! I would definitely request
    Katie again for our next party! Thank you Katie for helping to make our party a success!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/22/2017

DJ Katie was the best DJ a bride and groom could ask for. She was on top of everything from the beginning and was very open to all suggestions we had for music and mixing everything to a T. We loved her personality as an emcee and she was orderly and organized. We had the best day- in huge part to knowing she had everything down without a hitch. Would definitely go with Stumptown and Katie again!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2017

DJ Denis with Stumptown DJ did an amazing job! Before the event, DJ Denis met with us to personalize our experience and learn what was important to us. During the event, DJ Denis was careful to follow our plan and make adjustments as necessary. He added the right amount of commentary after speeches to keep the mood going. DJ Denis was professional, courteous, and a pleasure to work with! Highly recommend for any event, especially weddings!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kayla · Married on 07/09/2017

Absolutely loved DJ Casey! He did an amazing job and everyone complimented the music afterwards! Highly recommend

Sent on 07/16/2017

Anthony · Married on 07/08/2017

Stumptown DJs, and especially DJ Casey, was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I were nervous about our DJ situation because it is such an important part of the wedding day, but Casey delivered even beyond our expectations. Casey was professional, courteous, and always willing to accommodate our every wish for the wedding - even rearranging toasts at the last minute and checking-in with us throughout the evening. He was very friendly and had a smile on the entire day! Stumptown DJ’s website is easy to navigate, and is very helpful when selecting different songs to play during the wedding, cocktail hour, dinner, etc.

My wife and I can’t thank DJ Casey enough for his kindness and thorough care with the day’s music and for MC’ing the toast/speech portion of the evening as well. We highly recommend him, and Stumptown DJs for any of your wedding day needs.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

Denis was so wonderful! He goes above and beyond and had everyone dancing all night long. Loved working with stumptown!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Josh · Married on 06/17/2017

We found our experience with Stumptown to be one of the easiest parts of planning our wedding. We chose them after talking with 4-5 DJ's. What we found was that most DJ's were one-man shows that focused entirely on weddings. The DJ's at stumptown, on the other hand, were a little more in-tune with what people actually listen too whether we're talking music appropriate for cocktail hour, dinner, or dancing. We worked with Jai. What we appreciated most was that he was genuinely excited to work our wedding. His enthusiasm made it easy to go thru the task of picking the various ceremony songs and crafting playlists for each phase of the day. As far as cost goes, they weren't at the bottom but also weren't out of family with the rest of the market. I'd highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Carly · Married on 06/10/2017

The DJ was the only vendor I had that I didn't have a referral for, so I did a lot of research. I ultimately chose Stumptown DJs because of how great their reviews were and how my initial conversation with Matt went. Matt was very helpful in helping me understand what a good wedding DJ does. I decided to book DJ Drew and he was great! Drew and I had a quick conversation the week of the wedding (in addition to some other planning conversations with Matt) about what type of music I wanted throughout the day. Our wedding reception was a dance party for three solid hours, thanks to the awesome music the DJ Drew played. The dance floor was packed and no one wanted to take a break because song after song was a hit! I highly recommend using Stumptown DJs, especially DJ Drew, if you want to have a fun dance party at your wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Austin · event on: 06/04/2017

Denis did a great job and was extremely professional. All the members/attendees loved him and the music he played

Sent on 06/10/2017

Maliea · Married on 05/28/2017

Jai was an incredible DJ. He met with us before the wedding to get a feel for our musical style and preferences. He gave our guests perfect directions as we transitioned from the ceremony to the reception. The entire night went seamlessly because of his music selections. DJ Jai comes with my highest recommendation. My husband and I still hear from our guests just how much they loved the massive dance party at our wedding. He got my 72 year-old father-in-law on the dance floor--and that's never been done!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Margo · event on: 04/22/2017

Our DJ Katie was friendly, super easy to work with, and asked all of the right questions to make sure the feel of her playlist was just right for the night. We will always call Stumptown first!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Keri · event on: 03/09/2017

I selected Stumptown DJs based on great Yelp reviews and I am so glad I did! The whole process from beginning to end was so easy. I loved being able to watch all of the bio videos of the DJs and being able to select music from the database. We had DJ Denis and he was so nice, fun and accommodating of our onsite song requests.

Sent on 03/31/2017

Travis · event on: 03/03/2017

Stumptown DJ's recently reached out to our school and offered to volunteer a DJ to host one of our school dances. Donating a free DJ made it so we could offer our first ever school sponsored dance for free to our students. We are a Title I school and the free dance took away the barrier for students who did not attend dances in the past because they could not afford to go.

Stumptown DJ's were professional, easy to communicate with, and very friendly. The fact that they care about their community and youth enough to volunteer their time is very impressive. We need more companies like this in our community. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ and we are excited to continue to work with them in the future!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Christina · Married on 12/31/2016

Stumptown was so easy to work with, from their website with DJ interviews and sample playlists to the online song database and wedding playlists, everything was easy and simple to use. We chose DJ Casey who was easily one of the highlights of the day. He came out to greet us @ our car when we arrived and let us know that our photographers were ready for our entrance. He played music that we chose, music that was requested by guests, and music that he knew would work the crowd. He was able to do a special song for my sorority sisters and learned how to say the sorority name! I was not planning on that at all, so it was so great that he rolled with the change. Casey, Tammy, and the owner were all fantastic to deal with and made the dance portion of the night absolute perfection.

Sent on 11/15/2017