35 Reviews for Studio W

3.5

Did bridal party hair and makeup. Great job... Kind felt like I had too much makeup on but since I didn't say anything I can't really blame the artist.

Profile Picture User4749152, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I wanted to take a quick minute to thank Wendy & the lovely ladies at Studio W for the beautiful hair/makeup they did for myself (the bride), my Mom, and one of my bridesmaids on April 28, 2015! I've never felt more beautiful, and their talents are reflected in my beautiful wedding pictures!! We are from Canada (having a destination wedding on Oahu), and I found Studio W by a google search ... very thankful! The ladies came to our hotel so we didn't have to panic trying to locate their establishment - Studio W helped make my special day stress free, and we all looked amazing!! Mahalo Wendy, and your talented team!! They are Top Notch!!

Profile Picture jody, 4/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Studio W provided the hair and make up services for myself and my mother for my recent wedding on Oahu. Wendy was a pleasure to deal with while organising the trial and day of services, she was always so helpful, and responded promptly to all my emails.
On the day Mary and Camden did my hair and make up and I was thrilled with the results. As someone who doesn't wear any make up normally I was quite nervous about what to expect, but was put at ease after the trial as they did such a great job and were lovely to work with. On the day of the wedding I had so many positive comments from guests about my hair and make up, so I can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Kerrianne, 4/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I came to work with Studio W through my wedding venue. Wendy was always very responsive and super flexible with timing. I had to fly into Hawaii from NY and they were able to arrange a trial for me a couple days before my wedding. They even came right to my hotel at 5am the day of my wedding. Mary did my hair and Haunani did my makeup. I couldn't even believe it was me when I looked in the mirror! In an awesome way. My hair came out EXACTLY as I wanted. It even held up great throughout the whole day. My makeup made me look amazing in photos. And it didn't come off no matter how much I cried. Haunani even found me a matching lipstick to carry so I didn't have to spend time looking for one myself.
I would highly recommend Studio W.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We used Studio W for hair and makeup on the day, and they did a great job. In the lead up Wendy was very good in her correspondence via email to get everything organised. I wanted a really natural look for makeup and that’s exactly what they delivered, and it lasted all day which was great. They also did hair and makeup for some of my guests who were all really happy with their services

Profile Picture Xenia, 9/8/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy and her team exceeded beyond my expectations! I had the pleasure of working with Haunani and Mary and Heather - they were all very professional and delivered excellent hair and make-up services. Thank you ladies for a great experience!!! :)

Profile Picture Sandra, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I've never felt so beautiful. The makeup wasn't over done or heavy looking. I looked like myself but beautiful. The airbrush made my skin look healthy and flawless. My hair was exactly like the picture that I took out of a magizine. The stylists were so friendly and they were able to accommodate and complete an additional bridesmaids hair and makeup that I added on the day of the wedding. They did my tween flower girl too and knew exactly how to give her a not to grown up but not too little girl look the she and I both loved!

Profile Picture Crystal, 6/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was extremely pleased with my hair and make up on my wedding day.
Not only were the staff talented and professional but they were very friendly making my wedding preparation highly enjoyable.
I would highly recommend Studio W for any and all make up/hair for special occasions.

Profile Picture Michelle, 2/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy was great for my wedding- the assistant that did my hair on our practice run was in an accident and unable to be there the day of my wedding. She brought another person in and we went off the pictures from the run through and I felt confident I would get what I wanted the whole time.

Wendy was personable to work with, a good presence for my wedding day, and she gave me good advice to keep my makeup clean when I started to cry. I felt like she made me look my best for the most important day of my life. I would definitely recommend Studio W!

Profile Picture Joanna, 1/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had Studio W in the back of my mind for a long time since using them for my sister's wedding. As expected, they were fabulous and made me feel so special on my wedding day. I got the right look which is more on the natural side and my bridal party couldn't have beem more happier with their makeup.

Profile Picture Yen, 10/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The two stylists we had from Studio W were fantastic. These women were gorgeous. very kind, and even had a great sense of humor. They made me and my bridesmaids look amazing and we had a lot of fun, too!
I would definitely recommend Studio W to a friend!

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a wonderful experience with Studio W. Heather and Camden did hair and makeup for me, my 5 bridesmaids, and MIL. They are not cheap, but I think they are worth it. The stylists showed up on time and everyone was done right on schedule. As a bride living in L.A. (wedding was on Oahu) I liked that I was able to communicate with Wendy via email. She was always very responsive. I added services somewhat last minute and they were able to accommodate my requests. Being able to pay online via credit card was also a plus. Could I have paid less for H+M? Probably. But I think what I ended up paying was well worth it for the peace of mind of having professionals show up on time and do a fantastic job.

Profile Picture Gina, 5/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather and Liliana were our hair and makeup artists and they were AMAZING! They made us feel so comfortable and we all had a really great time. We couldn't afford to do a trial session and we were kind of worried about how everything would turn out, but during our consultation Heather looked at photos with us and on the day of our wedding everyone looked exactly the way we wanted! We opted for the airbrush makeup and it was a little pricey, but completely worth it! All the ladies were VERY HAPPY!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 3/18/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I went with airbrush makeup and it was incredible - I have never felt more beautiful and it didn't move or need retouching all day or night. The girls were very professional, quick and confident - they were able to pull off the exact look I wanted on the first try. They were also flexible - when my mom changed her mind and decided she wanted her make up done on the day, they accomodated her and stayed late. It was a really positive experience and I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Roxy, 10/6/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We hired Studio W of Honolulu for Hair and Make Up for myself (bride), 5 bridesmaids and a flower girl in September 2011. We got Camden for make up and Heather for hair and they were just fantastic. They showed up for my trial right on time the week before the wedding and put me right at ease by managing to create exactly what I was after. They had no issues getting all the girls ready on the day in the given time constraints and everyone was thrilled with their finished results. The girls were chatty and friendly and got along with everyone and were happy to give recommendations etc. They were flexibile enough to fit my mum in at the last minute when she decided that she would like her make up done by them after all. Great value for money as well - I found the pricing very reasonable and the whole thing was easy to organise through Wendy Robins. She always replied to my emails very promptly and answered all of my questions more than satisfactorily. I would have no hesitation in recommending Studio W of Honolulu to anyone who is looking to look super special on their big day.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/12/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Awesome girls who did all our hair and make up for Bride, Bride's mom, Bride's grandmother, Bride's aunt and flower girl. They allowed plenty of time so we weren't stressed and they were finished on time, Make up was flawless and hair came out perfect. The owner, Wendy Robin, has excellent communication skills and responds very quickly (something you don't get a lot of in Hawaii) I was thrilled with them and recommend them highly!

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Studio W did a great job on both hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids. They were very flexible too when both the mother of the bride and groom wanted their hair and makeup done last minute. They are not cheap, but if you want quality service that comes to your wedding site, I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Kathleen , 6/17/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Studio W to do our hair for my wedding this past Saturday and I was extremely pleased with their services. Studio W is awesome. Wendy was so accommodating and responded extremely quickly each time I emailed her. Originally I booked them to do our make-up as well, but decided to do my own make-up as I'm a little particular on how I like my make-up. This is not to say that the stylists at Studio W aren't good. They're all very good. This was a preference on my part.

Overall, my bridesmaids and I were extremely happy with the way our hair came out for the day. We got many compliments on it. One of the stylists, Heather, also covered a tattoo on my back using concealer and an airbrush, and she did a great job! It came off a bit towards the end of the night, which can be expected after a few hours and after a ton of people hugging me, but it was pretty amazing to see it disappear when she initially covered it.

Studio W is a very professional and personable company, and I highly recommend using them for your wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Jheneya, 4/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We had a destination wedding in Waimanalo, HI and being from Washington, I relied entirely on reviews I could find to put my mind at ease. I found Studio W on weddingwire.com and based on the reviews, immediately contacted them to book for hair/makeup. Wendy responded right away and had everything arranged within hours! The day of our wedding, Heather and Camden arrived on time and were both fun and upbeat. They did an AMAZING job on myself and my bridesmaids! I would recommend Studio W to any bride! Fantastic service :)

Profile Picture Taryn, 4/8/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Studio W on an internet search for bridal hair and make up for my Hawaii wedding in January. Being from Oregon, I had no idea where to go or who to trust for this big day. Studio W's website stood out among the dozens I viewed. Wendy immediately returned my call and was very friendly and informative. She even provided referrals for local nail salons in the area I was staying on Oahu. On the day of the wedding Heather showed up on time and immediately put me at ease. She did an amazing job on my hair/makeup and my daughter's hair. I would recommend Studio W to anyone!! Thank you Wendy and Heather!

Linda
Sherwood, Oregon

Profile Picture Linda , 1/20/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy and her staff are awesome! I'm not a real girly girl and I hardly wear any makeup so I wanted to find someone who would make me look beautiful, but still natural. I had seen some brides who look nothing like themselves on their wedding day and that was not what I wanted. Everyone complimented me on how beautiful I looked and my pictures were gorgeous! The ladies were so accommodating and fun to work with. They definitely made my day extra special!

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/10/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Great team! I arranged to have a hair and makeup trial before the wedding and I am sooo glad I did! I ended up not liking the hair style that I picked out and the hair dresser suggested another style. We tried it and it was PERFECT. I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. My makeup turned out amazing on the trial and even more so for the wedding (the fake eye lashes were awesome)! They did an amazing job on my bridesmaids as well. I am so impressed with this company. I highly recommend them!!!! Thanks Wendy for arranging everything!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/26/10, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The young ladies arrived promptly and with smiles on their faces. They did a fabulous job with the bridal party and myself, the bride. Attitudes were great and they smiled through the entire process. Would hire them again in a minute.

Profile Picture Rochelle, 6/19/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My sister and I were really happy to have chosen Studio W for our hair and make up.

Heather and Jill were not only very professional and nice but they listen to us and did a very good job even without any trial. We had a really great time to be pampered by them and we were very happy with the result. The makeup stay put all day and the result on the picture is beyond expectations. Wendy was really nice too. I recommend Studio W for any wedding.

Profile Picture S, 6/2/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy Robin of Studio W was able to help me out last minute. Although she was booked for our wedding day, she had two stylists who were able to fill in and make the girls look beautiful (Teri and Nicole, I believe).

The stylists arrived early and finished ahead of schedule (even though 2 of my girls arrived late to the getting ready location). The airbrush makeup was fantastic and lasted all day, despite me feeling that I was sweating my face off during the middle of the day. Neither I nor my girls wear very much makeup on a day-to-day basis, but the airbrush makeup felt surprisingly light and comfortable. I think it feels lighter than traditional makeup, in fact.

None of my bridesmaids had very specific ideas of what they wanted for their hair, and the stylist was able to work with their very vague instructions and to bring out their beauty. I was very happy with the overall look. My only regret is, because I hired them 3 weeks out, I didn’t have time to do a trial run. I found it very difficult to focus on my hair style on the day of the wedding, so I could not give the stylist the type of detailed instructions I might have otherwise. However, I was still totally pleased with the result. I would recommend Studio W without reservation.

Profile Picture Mo, 5/15/10, 4 Reviews