19 Reviews for Studio Uma // Austin Wedding Photography

19 Studio Uma // Austin Wedding Photography Reviews

Uma is amazing! She is a top notch photographer. So incredibly talented, professional & hardworking.

I am so glad I picked her. Customer service is so important to her and she made sure to listen to our concerns and deliver an amazing quality product on time. Just take a look at her FB page or blog to see how talented she is. There is no doubt. Thank you so much Uma!

Profile Picture Mehreen, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not have asked for a better photographer than Uma and her team! She was flexible, and worked with us on every account. The pictures were a million times better than I could have ever imagined and we would highly recommend her for any type of photography needs!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 3/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Coming from fashion and architecture backgrounds, my husband and I really wanted a photographer that had a good eye. Design school made photography snobs out of both of us, so finding a wedding photographer who could think outside of the box was absolutely essential. We wanted a mix of candid and posed photos that were both interesting and special. We also needed someone who was extremely reliable as we were planning our San Antonio, TX wedding from our home in Brooklyn, NY. The task seemed impossible until we found Uma.

Studio Uma was the first vendor we booked and worth every penny. We wanted to work with Uma so badly that we booked her before we even picked our wedding date and venue! She worked with us starting months in advance, offering a multitude of great ideas for shots and approaches. What we loved the most about working with Uma is how she actually listened to what we wanted and delivered photos promptly when she said she would. One of the amazing things Uma does in preparation is scout the wedding venue location in advance. I cannot stress how important this is to maximize your valuable wedding day time with her. Uma went above and beyond our expectations in every way.

Uma and her team really care about capturing each special moment; just as important, they care about making beautiful images.

My advice to any couple in this situation is to pick a photographer you vibe well with -- they're going to be around you ALL day, so you need someone you can be comfortable around. For us, that was Uma. We are so lucky to have worked with such a talented and professional photographer!

Profile Picture User4156031, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When we set out to find a photographer for our wedding events, we were looking for someone with an edge! We wanted editorial style photo's, so we searched high and low and found Uma who is based out of Austin. We had our engagement session with her in Houston and once we got our photo's back, we knew that we made the right choice. Uma came to Houston to photo us on our Nikka event at our Mosque, our Mehndi ceremonies, our Sangeet and finally our wedding which was a mix of in and outdoor. We also did an After session with Uma to capture more couple pictures which we had decided on initially. We were completely satisfied with Uma's professionalism, her attentiveness, her ability to jump in and capture the moments in all of our wedding events. Uma was responsible, on time, friendly, approachable and flexible. Not to mention, she was very quick at getting our photo's to us! We got them way before we had expected and we really appreciated that!! We were of course very excited to see them!! Overall we are super happy with our photos and feel Uma was able to capture the pizazz and editorial style of photo's we had set out for! Everyone who see's our pix thinks they belong in a magazine! I would absolutely recommend Uma!! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Aliyah & Khalid, 10/17/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Uma is amazing! From the beginning when I started researching photographers, I was instantly impressed by her website. I thought that she was very organized and her pictures really moved me. She was very responsive to all the questions I asked.

When I finally booked her, she sent me a contract that even included the sunset time for the day of my wedding in order to plan accordingly. Uma was also willing to discuss some ideas I had for locations to take pictures. She was very thorough with her research. When I suggested taking photos at a place that would've been logistically complicated, she read information about the locations and even came a day early to check out the locations. It ended up raining the day of my wedding so I was unable to go to some of the locations and I was really worried about the overcast weather but all the pictures look beautiful!

The day of the wedding, Uma arrived early to set up. She really made me feel at ease and sometimes I would forget that she was there because she stayed in the background capture moments of the day. I like that she didn't have a lot of post pictures unless I requested them. If you seen the cover to the movie "Bridesmaid" Uma was even able to re-create the movie cover as a request from one of my bridesmaids!

My husband and I left her honeymoon 2 days after the wedding. It was a pleasant surprise that about 5 to 6 days while on honeymoon, Uma emailing and letting me know that sneak peek pictures (about 25 pictures) were ready and available to view less than a week after our wedding. All the pictures were complete in about three weeks! The site which Uma organizes photos was very easy to navigate and everything was very organized. This was very important to me because I had friends's photographers who fell off the face of the earth after their wedding and they had to wait literally months to get their pictures back.

Uma was my favorite vendor that I used for my wedding!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Uma is great! Her work is creative, artistic, unique - simply exceptional. She is also very timely with her emails, calls and services; we received our wedding pictures four weeks after our wedding and they were stunning, we have received numerous compliments on the pictures.
We did a pre-engagement shoot with Uma and later had her for two days of the wedding festivities - Mehendi and Reception and I feel I couldn't have asked for anyone better :)

Profile Picture Sumaira , 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When we first began talking about photographers for our wedding, both my husband and I knew we wanted someone who had photographed Indian weddings before and was familiar with some of the customs. When I found Uma I was really excited - her style, the beauty and the creativity in her photos truly impressed us both. We met in person to see more of her portfolio and it just confirmed what we already thought. We ended up having Uma with us for 3 days - my mehendi, our wedding on Saturday, and a large reception on Sunday. Both Uma and her assistant were so great! Uma kept us focused and was completely calm throughout the whole process. She was willing to go that extra mile to get a great shot, and had so many ideas on different things we could do. She was also super quick! She emailed me to say our photos were ready about a month after our wedding, which absolutely blew my mind. She's also been incredibly helpful in providing ideas to help with designing our wedding album. If you are debating whether or not to go with Uma, don't waste any more time! She's absolutely wonderful, and your photos will speak for themselves.

Profile Picture Neha, 5/25/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Uma is incredibly talented, creative, professional, and personable! Photography was one of our top priorities for our wedding, and Uma did not disappoint. We would absolutely recommend her for any photography assignment!

Profile Picture User3313093, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

On behalf of my husband, myself, and my entire network of friends and family, we highly recommend choosing Uma to photograph your special day - let her talents and professionalism add unforeseen dimensions to your wedding in ways you cannot begin to fathom.

It is interesting how "photographer" cannot quite capture the largess of Uma's talents: adviser, supporter, confidant, child-saver, friend, her presence was an invaluable part of the marriage soaring her popularity not just within my immediate family but amongst all whom she came in contact throughout our two wedding days. Her pictures dropped jaws, her creative eye transcended the norm, and her professionalism made her the treasure of all. Not only will she provide fantastic pictures for your occasion, both leading up to the wedding and amid that special day, her advice and assistance make her services priceless.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can I say that would really allow someone to understand the immense talent, calming force, and warm soul that is behind Studio Uma Photography?
For starters, I will tell you that we booked Uma long before booking our wedding venue. I dare say before we even had a date picked out for the wedding?! (I had emailed a range of dates for availability...)

As a lover of all things photography, I knew that this was one element that would not be glossed over during the wedding planning phase. I read numerous wedding blogs, browsed through countless portfolios, and entertained all recommendations that were provided by friends in the Austin area. Dead end. I found most wedding photographs to be pretty, but formulaic, symmetrical, but rather forced, and worst of all... devoid of raw emotion. That is, until I saw Uma's work.

When I stumbled across her art (a better descriptor than simply photography), I was taken aback. Each photo was an experience. Each photo made me feel as if I, too, were a witness of the amazing events that she had photographed. I knew I wanted that same feeling when I looked at the photos of one of the most important days of my life.

We were so lucky that Uma made a permanent move to Austin before our wedding. She was so helpful offering a second pair of artistic eyes while we were searching for a wedding venue, breaking down our day of timeline, offering input on many logistics outside of her realm, and always keeping a cool, calm, collected attitude throughout.

And that's all before we got our magical wedding photos. Everyone that has seen Uma's work has shared our love for what she does. Uma doesn't take pictures, she captures lifelong memories on film. Thank you, Uma, for your professionalism, kindness, and a gift that stirs the soul.

Profile Picture User2448798, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Uma is an excellent photographer. She is very professional and easy to work with. Her work is amazing! We could not have picked a better fit for our wedding. I will definitely work with her in the future.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Studio Uma was the best wedding decision we made. We wanted a photojournalist to capture the day, and she gave us wonderfully emotional, natural, vibrant photos. (She also gave us some portraits, which we love as well!) We love reliving the magic and joy of the day through these expressive shots.

Uma was also totally relaxed, and a great calming presence, especially when I (bride) was nervous. She's great with all family members, unobtrusive, and totally flexible.

Also, she scouted some incredible locations nearby for our portraits, and found beauty in my hometown that I'd never noticed. We couldn't be happier with the photos, and will be giving them out as gifts.

Profile Picture kerry, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Uma is such an amazing person and photographer! She truly was a pleasure to work with. She was able to capture such beautiful and special candid moments throughout our haldi and wedding ceremonies. During our newlywed photo shoot, Uma was able to show the love and passion between my husband and me through her one of a kind photography! My husband and I always look through our photos (seriously, on a daily basis!!) and say that if there's one thing we did right for our wedding, it's definitely asking Uma to be there! She was more than our photographer--she was the person who helped me solve my wedding day crisis! I am truly thankful and grateful that she was able to share those specials days with us. I would recommend Uma to anyone and everyone who loves beautiful moments and beautiful photography. :)

Profile Picture Tazin, 5/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Excellent service and excellent results. It was a great decision to choose Uma as our wedding photographer. Uma went out of her way to accommodate us and our needs and desires for our wedding pictures. Would definitely recommend her any day to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture User2541918, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't say how much I love Uma. She was fantastic, professional, friendly, and her photos were gorgeous. Can't recommend Uma enough!!!

Profile Picture Jason, 5/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Uma did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She was so professional and unobtrusive when she needed to be. But her best quality has to be her talent - she is truly a gifted photographer. We were blown away by some of our photos and can't wait to share our photos with our family and friends.

Profile Picture megan, 10/22/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Studio Uma captured incredibly beautiful photos! She listened and was flexible to adjust to our needs. She was a wonderfully considerate and friendly face to have around on the day of the wedding and worked with us afterwards to edit the gorgeous collection of memories that we will forever treasure.

Profile Picture Ambika, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Uma was an absolute wonderful photographer. She had planned out where she wanted to take pictures in advance at multiple venues. All of her photos were picture perfect moments. I have no complaints. She is extremely fun and easy to smile for. Her co-workers are talented and able to make suggestions to better enhance her work. I would suggest her over and over again to friends and family. She was the perfect photographer for the perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so thankful to Uma for her amazing photographs of our wedding!! We knew we wanted to have our precious moments and wedding details captured but Uma gave us so much more -- 1) Most importantly, she captured not only the moment but the spirit. Trained as a photojournalist, Uma shows that weddings aren't just a series of rituals but real emotional exchanges; this emotional element comes through so beautifully in the photography. We have Uma's pictures enlarged and framed throughout our home and consistently get effusive compliments on them whenever visitors come over. 2) Uma's cool, easy approach makes her a wonderful person to work with on this stressful day!! I had an outdoor wedding, and as the clouds came in and the rain came down, I was disappointed that we wouldn't have the gorgeous sunsetting pictures across the lake as I had envisioned. She assured me the pictures would come out even better because of a little cloud cover. Bits of encouraging words like this were so valuable to me on my wedding day!!! (And, she was right - they came out great!) 3) Finally, Uma was a delight to work with in terms of logistics - she was very accessible, worked in a timely fashion, and made things easy. Please do not underestimate how hard it is to find these qualities in a wedding photographer or videographer!!! She scouted out the area before the destination wedding but required no coordination from me - she did it all on her own, which was great because I had enough to take care of! We received all of our images within weeks of the wedding, and she was always available within 24 hours for calls and email exchanges both before and after the wedding. --- My husband and I can't recommend Uma highly enough!

Profile Picture asha, 5/30/10, 1 Review