Studio Orleans Photography Reviews

49 | New Orleans, LA

49 Reviews for Studio Orleans Photography

Brittany · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I loved our experience with Studio Orleans and particularly with our photographer Roddy. He was absolutely incredible and we're so happy we went with them. My husband and I don't generally do well with photographs, but Roddy did a great job of making us feel comfortable and photographing us in our natural state versus being too posed and stiff. Roddy was super flexible with location changes due to weather for our wedding day shoot and was willing do anything to get a good shot, at one point he laid down in the middle of the street. Highly recommended!

Gina · Married on 07/20/2018

Awesome!! Amazing! Professional everything I could’ve ever wanted in my wedding photography and more!!! Thank you !!

Chloe · Married on 06/29/2018

I am so happy that we hired Studio Orleans! Roddy Ogeron was our photographer and was amazing. He went above and beyond to capture every moment, even in the Louisiana summer heat. The wedding day went by so fast so when we got the photos back it was nice to relive that day. He captured the precious moments and even the ones that we didn't get to witness first hand. If you want amazing pictures and memories to last a lifetime, Studio Orleans is the place to go!

Christine · Married on 03/02/2018

Roddy and Jay were absolutely fantastic. I was concerned about finding photographers who could capture low-light photos, as our wedding was an evening, candle-lit ceremony, and I could not be happier with our ceremony photos. Likewise, they captured all the important moments and details both getting ready and at our reception. They are both friendly and fun to work with, and Roddy set all my nerves at ease over the course of planning the wedding and the wedding day itself. I could not have asked for better photographers.

veronica · Married on 11/12/2017

Roddy and his team are magnificent. They are professional, punctual, and patient! I would recommend them to any bride looking for this for their wedding. My pictures came out great, I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.

Jen · Married on 10/07/2017

When I got engaged, I already knew I wanted Roddy as my photographer. My brother used Roddy and his pictures are beautiful! He photographed every family portrait I requested and also captured amazing candid photos showing how much fun everyone had. Lastly, mother nature threw a curveball at us. We got married the day Hurricane Nate hit. This placed a curfew on Orleans Parish so we had to move our wedding up from 7PM to 11AM. As soon as I called Roddy he told me he would be able to accommodate us! If you are looking for a photographer, I highly recommend Roddy!

Kristy · Married on 11/20/2016

When I first decided to plan a destination wedding from New Jersey to New Orleans, I had no idea where to even begin. As I began the planning process, I started asking around and researching. Not only did Roddy Orgeron (Studio Orleans Photography) immediately come up with outstanding reviews, multiple vendors I spoke with around the city also suggested his work. His immediate response was impressive but actually talking to him on the phone put me at ease. We connected instantly and I found his approach to be truly sincere and caring. He wasn't out to "sell" me but more to support me and my vision. After hanging up the phone, I felt compelled this was the right choice for me. And boy was it. From all of my questions, calls and emails, there was nothing that went unanswered or unplanned. Roddy assured me that it would be perfect and that it was my day to enjoy, not to stress over. He advised me to take it all in and let him capture the memories of the day. When Roddy and Jay showed up to greet me during bridal prep, it felt like old friends coming to be a part of it all. Their attention to detail was incredible. The ease, flow and direction they gave helped keep everything running smoothly and on time. They were great listeners and most importantly, fun! They helped my husband and me to enjoy our most memorable day in our favorite city. The experience was perfect in every way. When the pictures were presented, I was in LOVE. He captured the vintage, southern feel I envisioned while making sure to capture the spirit of New Orleans. When I say the pictures were incredible, they were. Their talent and artistic ability is truly remarkable. Studio Orleans has an amazing reputation for a reason. The only hard part of the process out of everything is now selecting which ones to frame because there are all so amazing. Thank you Roddy and Jay for being you. For being genuine and making our wedding day one to cherish.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

Roddy did our wedding (and engagement) photos for our recent wedding at Southern Oaks. This was honestly one of the best wedding decisions we made! Not only did the photos turn out to be even better than we expected, Roddy and the team was so fun to work with. We were really hoping for more fun and creative photos to fit our style (and bring our dog into the engagement shoot) and that is exactly what we got! He was very quick to respond to questions too. I can't thank you enough!!

Tanya · Married on 05/24/2016

Roddy Orgeron was an absolute pleasure to work with. Beyond being professionally and technically competent, his put us at great ease and made the photo shoot an incredibly memorable experience. It is no wonder that Roddy is now rated the #1 photographer in New Orleans. We will definitely work with him again in the future!

Me and my wife used Roddy for our wedding this past April in New Orleans. We were planning the wedding from Pennsylvania so naturally it was very stressful. Roddy was incredibly flexible with us and did an exceptionally professional job on the day of our wedding. I have a big family that can sometimes be difficult to work with, but Roddy did a fantastic job of "going with the flow" and getting good shots. We used him for the actual wedding and for a celebration the night before and he did a great job on both nights.

Bianca · Married on 11/28/2015

WOW! Just WoW!! My husband and I are beyond pleased with Roddy and his assistant photographer Jay's work! They do amazing work and do not disappoint with their talent! They captured amazing moments from start to finish and their angles are just perfect with every moment! Our wedding day was almost a blur after returning from our honeymoon, but with Roddy's skills we were be able to relieve our day over and over again!! Thanks so much Roddy!! We can't thank you enough!!!

Roddy was absolutely amazing and very flexible. He has a laid back attitude that would compliment any wedding well. I would highly recommend him to anyone. The pictures turned out better than we could have ever hoped for.

Melissa · Married on 06/19/2015

Absolutely love Roddy! He is a blast to work with. I definitely will refer him to others I know having a wedding. My wedding photos were everything I could have ever expected and more!

Trisha · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I had a great experience with Roddy. He is very personable and listened to what we wanted. The photographs are fantastic. Beyond our expectations!

Sarah · Married on 05/09/2015

I cannot sing Roddy Orgeron's praises enough! From start to finish, Roddy and his assistant photographer exceeded all of our expectations. To be honest, at first I was reluctant to book him because it was far outside of our photography budget. However, after dealing with cheaper photographers in New Orleans, I realized I was going to get what I pay for. Not only that, but I kept daydreaming about Roddy Orgeron's beautiful portfolio. So, a few months before the wedding, we decided to splurge and book him.
    It turns out, that of all the vendors I used in my wedding, this was the one splurge I did not at all regret.
    His photos came out so stunning and truly captured the magic of what it felt like to be in the moment. From the action shots, to portraits, to unique and surprising perspectives- All utterly blew me away!
    Not only were his photographs stunning, but he was professional, punctual, and thorough in every way. He responded to e-mails and calls immediately, and I didn't have to worry about him being in the right place at the right time through all the moving parts of our wedding. He and his assistant photographer, Jay, were very present, yet non-intrusive. I can't believe some of the shots they got because I had no idea they were even around to take them!
    My husband and I are so glad we have Roddy's photos with us throughout our marriage to remind us of the emotion and joy and spectacle of this once in a lifetime event that was our wedding.

Katie · Married on 03/21/2015

We researched several photographers for our wedding this past March and they were either too expensive or we were not impressed by their portfolios. Then we came across Roddy Orgeron's website. We immediately loved his style of photography and his packages were in our budget! From the first time Roddy and I spoke to even after the wedding, he was always so friendly, professional and helpful! He made us feel very comfortable before and on the day of the wedding. It was also great to have 2 people photographing instead of one. Our guests were even saying how great a job our photographer did because they were everywhere snapping away! We got our pictures back exactly when he said we would, we did not have to "chase" him down like I have heard other people having to do. We were so pleased at how the pictures came out and how many we got! We could not be happier with our choice in Roddy! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!

John · Married on 03/20/2015

AMAZING! I don't even know where to begin. Destination wedding in NOLA. My wife was in charge of music. I was in charge of pictures. After a lot of soul searching and hours and hours of combing through random wedding pictures from random photographers online, we settled on a few photographers to interview. When the dust settled, I chose Roddy and couldn't have been happier with my decision. All the things you would expect from a photographer: he was very accommodating, very professional, very friendly, and of course very talented........but that isn't what separates Roddy from the rest. Roddy showcased the intangibles as well - a consideration for composition, lighting, and perspective. A great vision for a picture opportunity before it happens. The fantastic artistic element that he puts into his images were second to none. The ability to position himself into the party atmosphere without being in the way but still engaging and charasmatic enough that all of our guests were happy to engage with him. Patterns, colors, and style definately take him from just being an ordinary photographer and moreso into the range of an artist. I see now why he wins countless awards; and like any good artist I imagine a good deal of preparation, thought, skill, and hard work went into honing his craft. The creativity he took with the finished product was absolutely amazing. My guests LOVED the pictures. My wife LOVED the pictures. I LOVED the pictures. We share them with everybody and in turn evey single person comments on just how well done and unique our pictures are. I'm not typically a review-writing kind of guy, but I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to toot this guy's horn. I would absolutley recommend Roddy Orgeron Photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Without a doubt: 5 Star praise.

Lizzie · Married on 03/07/2015

This guy not only understood what I was going for, he was able to enhance the entire experience and leave me with better memories than I could have imagined.
    My husband doesn't like having his photo taken and he sure as hell doesn’t like to pose for strangers. 5 minutes into our engagement shoot, Roddy was able to wrangle smiles out of him and now we have engagement shots that are not only cool but are wall-hanging-worthy. He brought out our true personalities and pushed us just enough to get the best shots but let us be ourselves. The guy is super talented, don't get me wrong, but one of his biggest strengths is his personality and his ability to quickly read and understand his clients. This brings him to the next level and turns you and your vision into actual works of photographic art.
    For the wedding, I kind of had a vision; I just didn’t know how to articulate it. I can’t imagine that I was easy to work with but he and his team were always professional, energetic and encouraging. They interpreted my desires and gave us exactly what wanted, even if I hadn’t known what to ask for. His style is crisp and vivid. He didn't retouch, filter or edit heavily and his photojournalist style was such a welcome departure from the shabby-chic, pinterest-burlap-and-acorns style that is so pervasive in the wedding photo industry. That wasn't our thing, so we were a good stylistic fit for him, but I was impressed beyond my expectations. The images were creative and thoughtful. His team was flexible and inventive. They interacted with the guests in a really positive way and we were thrilled to have them be part of the party!
    He had the proofs to me quickly--less than two weeks. His pricing is low compared to others in town. I don't know why, but I know that he could and probably should be charging a lot more than I paid. I cannot recommend Roddy enough. He has natural talent, impeccable instincts and fantastic delivery. You'll regret not booking this guy--I am so glad I did!

Azadeh · Married on 10/24/2014

We booked Roddy Orgeron Photography after a google search for New Orleans Wedding Photographer (or something like that). Out of all the websites I checked out, the ONLY photographer that captured my attention was Roddy.

I've been a professional Make Up Artist for a very very long time (almost 20 years now - eek) and I have worked with a few incredible photographers in my time. I immediately knew that Roddy *had* to shoot our wedding! Thankfully he was available!

He was professional, courteous, hilarious, and just an all-around great guy.

My only regret is not having booked him for longer! 3 hours was a long time and a lot of fun - we got almost 300 gorgeous pictures out of it... I almost wish we'd booked him longer just so that we could have had MORE pictures of MORE locations in the French Quarter LOL!

He is so talented! He wasn't afraid to lay down on the street in the French Quarter to snap a great shot of us!

I would absolutely recommend Roddy to anyone considering eloping in New Orleans, having a French Quarter Wedding, or any of the like. We are so so so so happy that we chose Roddy!

Kevin · Married on 10/12/2014

I've never met a photographer that truly understands light in the way that Roddy does. Our entire wedding day was made even more special thanks to Roddy. The photographs are stunning! Each and every one of them is a work of art. We can't thank you enough.

Roddy was an amazing photographer. He got all of the important shots as well as some great candid photos. He also took my husband and me aside and we did some really cool shots around our reception area. He arrived right on time and stayed a little late to capture our final moments. The turnaround time for the pictures was about 3 weeks which was crazy! I was expecting at least 2 months. All the photos were super high quality which is great because he is also reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this photographer to anyone who is looking for a high quality, reasonably priced wedding photographer.

Jennifer · Married on 03/29/2014

Roddy and Jay were AMAZING. Professional and yet so much fun! They knew exactly what we wanted and more. The pictures came out PERFECT. I could not have asked for more.

Megan · Married on 02/22/2014

Roddy is easy going and is genuinely interested in catching the moments that mean the most to you. To top it off, he is truly a talented photographer who takes amazing pictures that will last a lifetime!

Darby · Married on 12/21/2013

Roddy was great! He and his assistant took amazing pictures that we will cherish always. They were very friendly, professional and helpful throughout the whole process!

Ashley · Married on 12/07/2013

Roddy is awesome!!!! He took our engagement, bridal and the wedding photos and they all came out SO GOOD! Roddy was very easy to work with and constantly made us laugh! My husband does not like taking pictures AT ALL and he really enjoyed working with Roddy. He knows how to make you feel comfortable and guide you, but look natural. For the engagement pictures, Roddy was willing to go wherever we wanted and even have our puppy in some of the shots (my favorite ones)! At the wedding, he was everywhere! I do not even know how he captured some of the pictures because we did not notice him and his assistant at all. His turn-around time is also very quick! All of our wedding pictures are done and he mailed me a flash drive already… our wedding wasn’t even a month ago!! I cannot wait to order prints and display them all over our home!!!!