Studio Cake Reviews

43 | Menlo Park, CA

43 Reviews for Studio Cake

Simy · Married on 11/04/2017

BethAnn and her team are AMAZING.
    The assortment of flavors and the endless designs that are possible made Studio Cakes ahead of the rest! I was truly impressed with their precision to detail as well as capturing the exact image that we were looking for. We are truly impressed with the quality and flavoring that we experienced that we will be using this company for more than just weddings! Not to mention, our wedding guests LOVED the cakes!! Thanks Beth! Until the next one! :)

Christena · Married on 10/07/2017

The creative, fun ladies at Studio Cake were wonderful to work with. They have such decadent flavor combinations, and their cake textures are divine. Our wedding cake was beautiful, modern, and tasteful. It went perfectly with our wedding palette and theme. Most importantly, the cake was absolutely delicious. Best wedding cake ever!

• Q

Q · Married on 06/25/2017

Studio cake is really awesome! They made our geeky wedding cake dream come true! We had circuitry pattern on the first layer, binary code pattern on the second layer, and an edible computer with code on the third layer. The topper we provided ourselves, which was a 3D printed replica of us. The whole cake is just incredible!!! From the tasting to delivering the cake, studio cake is just amazing! The cake is the best cake we've had from any bakery. In fact, we had a slice three years before the wedding at random and remembered the bakery for how good the cake tasted, so we went there when it was time to get our wedding cake. Thank you studio cake!!! :-D

Lissa · Married on 02/04/2017

Unbelievable! We had the most positive and amazing experience with BethAnn at Studio Cake. BethAnn is lovely, the cake was stunning, and it tasted amazing. A confectionery trifecta!!! My husband and I cannot say enough about her professionalism, flexibility, and talent! My husband didn't want a groom's cake so instead he designed a "reveal" in the back of the cake that looked as though there were stage curtains opening. Behind the curtains were scenes from our relationship this far, romantic and adorable. The front 2/3 of the cake was more traditional wedding and fabulous as well.

Johnna · Married on 12/31/2016

BethAnn and the team at Studio Cake did my wedding cake for my New Year's Eve wedding & it was absolutely PERFECT! She was a pleasure to work with from day 1, when she spent over an hour with my fiancé and I at our tasting - she shared a large number of cake samples, and told us a lot about how her cakes are made, her home-made fondant, etc. We loved her flavors - a huge array of choices, her fondant is delightful & she had a huge variety of cake examples to show us. We ended up selecting two favors (Tiramisu & Lemon cake with raspberry) for our wedding cake & a very elegant, traditional design. The cake arrived & looked gorgeous & tasted even better.

Vivian · Married on 02/01/2016

The cake was simply beautiful! And the taste was beyond words, so soft and delicious! So many choices in flavor but the apple I think is still my favorite! Even though I kept changing my mind through email and almost forgot to send payment at one point, they were completely understanding and professional! Thank you so much!

Beth Anne does such an amazing job on wedding cakes and also puts her own fun flare on the design of your choice. I am a little indecisive and when I initially met with her I showed her 3 different wedding cakes I had found on pinterest and showed her what I liked about each of them. Beth Anne startled to sketch up a few designs and basically combined everything I loved about each cake into one beautiful design while making it look cohesive. I was so excited about the sketch and when I saw the real thing in person it didn't disappoint. It looked exactly like the sketch only better of course :) Beth was also pretty reasonably priced compared to other cake vendors and was also one of the only bakeries I could find that would do my wedding date of 1.1.16 because it was a Holiday. Beth Anne genuinely cares about each person she works with and wants to make sure that they love their cake. It is also clear to see how genuinely excited she gets about designing these cakes. She is so creative and I just loved working with her. Besides the cake looking great she has delicious flavors. I had appointments with a few other bakeries before choosing her and she was by far the winner for best looking and tasting cakes in my book. I would recommend her to anyone and will definitely use her again for another special occasion :)

Marianne · Married on 10/24/2015

Studio Cake did an amazing job on our wedding cake, and they were absolutely wonderful to work with. The staff responded very quickly to our inquiries, and it was easy to make an appointment. We did a tasting with the owner, BethAnn, who was very friendly and pleasant. All the flavors were so fantastic, and they generously gave us additional samples of flavors that we hadn't requested. We chose two flavors for the cake - Strawberry Shortcake and Lovey Dovey (passionfruit and raspberry).

On the day of the wedding, the cake looked fantastic and the guests raved about how good it tasted. Luckily for us, there was plenty left over so we can continue to enjoy it. I wouldn't hesitate to use Studio Cake again.

Jeanne · Married on 09/05/2015

Studio cake is truly amazing! The attention to detail is unrivaled. They custom created a design to match the details on my wedding dress. It was very complex and stunning. Daniella was a delight to work with! She brought an enthusiasm and kindness as if it was the most important cake she'd ever worked on. Everything was flawless. I am really beyond thrilled with how it all turned out and wish I could post photos to show you all the incredible work.

We ordered our wedding cake from Studio Cake. We tried several other cake vendors, and Studio Cake was the best by a long stretch. I am very picky when it comes to desserts or cakes and I highly value when the actual flavors of the ingredients come alive (not just a spoonful of sugar and flour), the flavors are strong, the pastry/cake’s moisture is balanced, and yet the cake feels light in the stomach. Studio Cake’s cakes met all my criteria for a perfect cake. They created a beautiful 3-tier cake with 3 different flavors; they were flexible in adjusting some of their flavors to our desires. They were very easy to work with and everything went without a hitch. The cake was a piece of art, and delicious.

Carole · Married on 07/11/2015

Daniella was amazing! From the time I arrived late with my dog and tripped outside her store front on my dog's leash (she was so sweet and helpful and gave my dog a treat!) to the delivery of the most beautiful cake I've ever seen, she was amazing. I sat down with her, a little flustered from my disastrous entrance, and she was very calm and soothing. I showed her a few pictures and talked about ideas, then she drew a few pictures and somehow she put on paper exactly what I had envisioned! It was that easy. It also tasted amazing and my husband and I were so disappointed that the only bite we had was the one we fed each other - we wanted more and told the waitress to NOT take away our slices at the table. Sadly, they did because we didn't get a chance to sit down at our table at all. We are planning on ordering a small one for our anniversary because we missed out on such deliciousness! Daniella was so organized and worked well with our florist and wedding coordinator, too. I highly recommend Studio Cakes!

Bri · Married on 02/28/2015

Our wedding had an art deco theme with pretty specific colors, so when we brought in cake design ideas for Studio Cake, we didn't completely expect them to actually be able to execute them, since some of the other bakeries we visited said they could not! They immediately loved our favorite design and showed so much excitement for being able to re-create it in our colors.

Daniella was so easy to communicate with and work with, the flavors were AMAZING, and our guests could not stop talking about how unique and beautiful the cake was. Some people had no idea it was even a cake, it was so expertly done :) The only way we felt good about cutting into that beauty was because we knew how delicious it was on the inside. Studio Cake won't disappoint for your unique and wild ideas!!

Laura · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I hired Studio Cake to make the dessert for our summer wedding. We opted for gluten-free cupcakes displayed on a 3-tier glass tower (that we rented from Studio Cake) and ordered a small round cake for the top layer. This allowed us to have a cake cutting ceremony at the wedding but simply pass out cupcakes to the guests for dessert. We chose two flavors (chocolate mint and lovey dovey) and just a week or so before the wedding decided to add small sugar flowers to one of the flavors so that the servers could easily tell the two flavors of cupcakes apart. We also decided to place a larger order just a few weeks before the wedding and Studio Cake was easy to work with and flexible about these changes. In addition we had some changes with the cupcake tower as I had originally wanted to decorate the tower but in the end the glass tower they let us rent was elegant and beautiful so I was very happy with the end results. Additionally both flavors of the cupcakes and cake were delicious!

Joshua · Married on 06/07/2014

They created a wonderful piece in our wedding. Not just was it really well made, but it was delicious. Definitely worth the price.

Our experience with Studio Cake was amazing! Our wedding was in April 2014 at the Freedom Hall and Gardens venue and Studio Cake was in charge of making the wedding cake.

They were amazing and super flexible, especially since we were located in the DC area! We met Daniella and she was super friendly and helpful. We were able to get decorations to them a few days before the wedding. The cake looked and tasted delicious, very elegant and classy. We chose the lemon (for me) and chocolate (for my husband) in two different layers and both were scrumptious.

We would definitely recommend Daniella and Studio Cake!

Kellie · Married on 06/29/2013

Bethann is so talented! She made a beautiful four tiered wedding cake and a Tow Mater, baseball and hunting themed grooms cake! Both cakes looked fantastic and they tasted even better! Her strawberry short cake is heavenly! You will not be disappointed with her work!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Studio Cake's reply:

Kellie,

It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding.... Mater was so darling and I personally had the pleasure of arranging your cake flowers and setting up that day! It is always so fun to be a part of it all Hugs and all the best..... we've loved being a part of your family's celebrations!

BethAnn :)

My husband and I asked Beth Ann to make us a wedding cake with a custom topper. I shared with her a couple thoughts and sent her a couple pictures. She took those thoughts and pictures and created a masterpiece!

During the entire process, Beth Ann was always quick to reply to any emails I sent, many times replying within minutes. Additionally, she offered to make us cupcakes so we could try out additional cake and icing flavor pairing. We, of course, took her up on her offer.

On the wedding day, our guests were raving all night about how unique our cake looked and how absolutely delicious it was!

Sara · Married on 10/06/2012

Some of the best cake I have ever eaten! Most cakes either look good on the outside or taste good on the inside. Their cakes do both!
    At our first appointment we were able to taste 5 samples. Each one tasted delicious. We were also able to taste her fondant. My mother dislikes fondant with a passion. However, after we left our taste testing, my mother became a lover of fondant. (Well, at least their fondant!)
    As we got closer to our date we tried 5 more flavors. My husband and I picked 1 from our first taste, 1 from our second, and then picked a flavor we didn't even try. The third "wild card" flavor was my favorite! My point is, you cannot go wrong with Studio Cake. Everything they make not only looks amazingly beautiful on the outside but also tastes phenomenal on the inside. You cannot go wrong with any of their cakes!

• Geri

Geri · Married on 09/08/2012

Studio Cake designed our gorgeous, unique, and delicious wedding cake! BethAnn is very friendly and easy to work with. She patiently listened to our ideas and created a cake even more beautiful than we had envisioned. She is very responsive to emails and delivered our cake to the venue on time. We have received many compliments from our guests on how tasty our cake was. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Gone Bananas flavor was my favorite! :)

Katie · Married on 10/22/2011

BethAnn and her crew at StudioCake were awesome.
    My fiance and I weren't exactly sure what we wanted - other than not wanting traditional. BethAnn sat down with us and listened to who we were and let us brainstorm ideas to our heart's content. I had to leave our meeting early, but she stayed and spoke with my fiance to make sure his wishes were reflected as well.
    The cake itself was DELICIOUS!!! but also so emblematic of who we were ... every guest commented that it couldn't have been better suited to us.
    I highly recommend the Lemon Raspberry and GWiz flavors; most of our guests got 2 pieces of cake because they just had to try the 2nd flavor after realizing how wonderful the first was :)

Liz · Married on 09/17/2011

Our cake was delicious and beautiful! Working with Beth Ann was a fun process and the results were amazing!

BethAnn is great to work with. She was within my budget and can work with your budget. She responds timely to your emails and messages. In addition I showed her pictures of cake designs and she sketched a design idea for me with color. She found the perfect shade of blue to match my color swatch I showed her. We made an appointment for cake tasting and I wanted to taste more flavors so she made samples for me on another day and I picked them up. We were able to come up with a flavor that was not on her menu, which I hear she will now be offering.

Jennifer · Married on 08/20/2011

I’m so happy I have found BethAnn to make our wedding cake! At the start of planning our wedding, I was nervous about finding a baker because I often hear that the cakes may be beautiful but not yummy. But after I went to her for our first tasting, I knew I didn’t have to search around for another bakery for comparison. She uses the best ingredients, nothing artificial, and her cakes were beautiful, so moist and flavorful! I wish I could have her cake every week! I showed her photos of some cakes I liked and she sketched up our cake design for me to approve. She created the most beautiful wedding cake for us! It was smooth buttercream frosting (so yummy, not like some other frosting that are so unbearably sweet) with an elegant swirl design, 3 tiers and flowers on top and between the layers. It was difficult to narrow down our choices for flavors because of the 6 flavors or so we tried, we loved them all. However, we chose Almond Orchard (apricot preserves with almonds) and Lemon Raspberry Twist. Oh my goodness - the cake was the best! As everyone know, the bride and groom usually has no time to eat their dinner during the reception. And since your wedding gown is so tight, you don’t even feel comfortable eating! I only had two bites of my filet mignon. BUT, I had no problem eating the cake! Our guests all loved the cake too, saying it had just the perfect amount of sweetness and the flavors were unique. Thank you BethAnn!!!

Huong · Married on 07/16/2011

Simply the BEST! BethAnn and her team at Studio Cake were fantastic to work with.

My husband is a Cal alumni and sure loves their school mascot, Oski. I found BethAnn after doing a Google search on "Oski + Wedding Cakes". Truthfully, I didn't think that I was going to find anything from that search but low and behold, a flickr image of Oski and Duck on a cake. My search ended right then and there.

She worked with me on brainstorming for the groom's cake (which was a surprise and consisted of all his favorite things) along with the wedding cake. The wedding cake was made to look like my wedding dress!

After months of email exchanges and minor updates, the big day arrived. BethAnn and Studio Cake DID NOT disappoint. I was blown away by the end result.

My husband couldn't believe that Oski "attended" our wedding and didn't want to cut into his cake at all.

The cakes from Studio Cake are pieces of art. Much too pretty to eat. But once you actually dig in, you can't have just one bite :)

I hope to find another occassion in the future so I can work with BethAnn and her team again.

Cheers!
    Huong

• I

Chengos · Married on 05/07/2011

If you want a cake that will wow the socks off your guests, BethAnn is your baker! She is extremely sweet, talented, responsive, and attentive to detail. At our very first cake tasting, she made sure to sit down with me and my fiancé to go over all the fine details of what we wanted in a cake. We were so impressed by her talent, kindness, and sincerity that we hired her without looking into any other baker – and it was one of the best decisions we made. We knew we wanted our cake, like our wedding, to both impress our guests and yet stay true to who we were by displaying a number of intimate, personal details. We expected that BethAnn was talented enough to deliver, but she went above and beyond what we could ever have dreamed of! She took close note of what we wanted and, since our wedding was fairy-tale themed, she baked us an incredible 3.5-foot-tall castle cake with sparklers to emulate the Disney fireworks show!

We were originally going to display our cake off to the side at a cake station, but since our castle cake was so stunning, we placed it right in the center of the dance floor. It truly stole the show, in all the right ways. All our guests remembered the cake and were snapping pictures of it throughout the night. They couldn’t get enough of it, and when they found out it was 100% real cake, they were even more amazed. And I’ll never forget the moment when the sparklers were set off, and I was brought back to my fiancé’s and my happy moments watching the fireworks at Disney (one of our favorite places on Earth), as well as the night he proposed to me and had small sparklers in the background (a detail which BethAnn also noted). The cake enchanted all of us, in more ways than one.

Aside from baking incredible cakes, BethAnn is also probably the sweetest person you’ll ever meet. She’s personable, takes time to listen, and is super responsive – she responded to my first email about two minutes after I’d sent it! I thought it was a one-time thing, but she responded to every other email I sent (and trust me, I had plenty of questions and concerns) within minutes and, at the very most, hours after sending it. This kind of detail and attention from someone as busy as BethAnn is rare and hard to come by in the wedding industry these days, but it gave me plenty of reassurance during a stressful planning process that was full of questions about almost every aspect but my cake.

And finally, her cake tastes delicious. BethAnn is extremely modest despite her stellar accomplishments (winning an episode of Food Network Challenge for best cake), but her cakes speak for themselves. After our first tasting, my fiancé chose one flavor he loved, but I was still looking for more because I have extremely picky tastes. BethAnn immediately arranged a second cake tasting for us, and this time I found a flavor I loved. Instead of having us choose, she made our castle cake with two flavors!

After our wedding, my fiancé and I realized we’d been so swept up in the moment that we hardly had time to examine all the fine details of our beautiful castle cake. Luckily, our friends had taken numerous pictures of the cake, and we discovered that BethAnn had included personal details of ours on the windows of the castle – from the custom design of my engagement ring to a picture of my favorite pet to a motif from our favorite memory together. She remembered every single story we told her. Looking back at all these details, and how much more magical they made our cake, brought us to happy tears and made our wedding even more special. Our wedding cake was truly the piece de resistance for our fairy-tale wedding, and it was such an effortless process all thanks to BethAnn’s talent and hard work. And because she’s so sweet, we met a great friend along the way. My fiancé and I will be ordering cakes from her now for every wedding anniversary. It’s clear that BethAnn loves what she does, and you will, too – I promise you that hiring her is a decision you won’t regret!