Studio 3 Productions Reviews

46 | Geneva, IL

46 Reviews for Studio 3 Productions

Sidney · Married on 11/10/2009

Still Life Studios does Beautiful pictures.They really know how to capture the intimate moments.Overall we were very impressed with their services and quality. I recommend using Studio 3 Productions.

Sent on 02/03/2010

Stacey · Married on 12/06/2008

Studio 3 Productions offered us Superior Service! We hired them for DJ and Photography. The DJ was the best they kept the dance floor packed and my guests moving all night long. The photographer was wonderful, very easy to work with and the wedding shots he took made our wedding album something we will treasure forever. We only have one regret that we did not purchase their Videography package to complete our wonderful wedding memories. I highly recommend them to any couple looking around.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Lynn · Married on 08/17/2007

Our DJ was charismatic and energetic and really got the party going.

Sent on 04/02/2008

Andy · Married on 06/17/2006

Excellent photos, would definitely use them again!

Erin · Married on 06/17/2006

We had a lady named Cathy help us, she was amazing! Our pictures won awards for her. I would use them again!

• O

Angie · Married on 06/19/2010

We used Studio 3 for all of our services including Photo Booth! We loved everything. The quality of our pictures was amazing and the DJ was the best: he kept my guests dancing right up til the very end. The photo booth is so cool, I got the scrap book package and they even presented it to me at the end of the night. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/02/2010

Carrie · Married on 05/29/2016

You can't go wrong with Studio 3 Productions! The pictures are beautiful and the DJ did exactly as we asked and helped create a great party!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Studio 3 Productions's reply:

Thank you for your kind comments. We always strive to create a great experience at each and every event!

Marta · Married on 12/04/2010

Studio 3 DJ was absolutely wonderful! He kept our guests on the dance floor all night and kept all guests of all ages dancing! He was interactive and upbeat and had a good selection of music as well as playing everything we asked! He also followed the schedule very well! Very satisfied!

Sent on 12/16/2010

Honnie · Married on 07/24/2009

Studio 3 was a great company to work with. I really enjoyed the music and I think that the DJ was very helpful and accommodating the day-of.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Erin · Married on 06/17/2006

We loved the pictures and our picture book was perfect! It was a little expensive but we had them drive to Madison for our wedding. The photographers book up fast. one con is that you cannot choose your photographer because they train a team and send whoever is avaliable.

Erin · Married on 06/17/2006

We didn't like not knowing which photographer was coming to our wedding, but overall the photos were nice.

Kate · Married on 10/14/2016

For photography, we worked with the owner of the company, Chris. He was very attentive to our interests when it came to both engagement photos and wedding photos. He also has been awesome after the wedding when it comes to buying the photos and/or a wedding book. He gives great insight on which pictures are the best to present in our homes. As for the DJ, we had Raul and he kept the party going all night long! Everyone raved about our DJ and he catered to our music tastes along with making sure that their wasn't a dull moment on the dance floor!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Studio 3 Productions's reply:

Thanks for your great comments. You both have been great to work with!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the party that Raul turned your reception into!

Had the the best DJ I've ever heard at a wedding! Kept people on the dance floor the entire time! Loved our video and pictures as well! Photographer missed a few shots I would have liked (groom with bridesmaid, us with groom's grandmother), but overall it was great! Thanks for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 06/27/2013
  • Leanne

Leanne · Married on 08/06/2016

Very easy to work with and takes pride in getting the best pictures for your event!! very happy with our wedding photos!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Studio 3 Productions's reply:

Thank you for your great review. We always take great pride in our work and strive to be the best!!

Ken and his staff were very accommodating throughout the process of getting the photos taken and also the album and other added pictures created. I was impressed by his sense of artistry and choices of shots.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Stacey · Married on 03/02/2007

4.2
      3.0

They did a decent job for us. It was really nice to let someone else take care of all the setup and details. It was worth it to know the video was taken care of. We've only watched the video once since the wedding, so I'm glad we didn't go with a higher-end company - this one was right for us. No regrets!

Sent on 04/09/2009

Becky · Married on 09/02/2006

2.6
      1.5
      3.5
      3.0

We used Studio 3 for all 3 services: video, photos, and DJ. They weren't that great. The photographer took 1200 photos and we still have not been able to narrow it down to 40 we'd like for a wedding album. They were mediocre at best. The videographer didn't get interviews as requested, and at the church, he set up in the back choir loft during the service. The DJ did not play the requested music we had (we even provided all music to him)--I didn't want the typical stupid wedding love songs that you hear at every wedding. We also wanted an 80's hour for my husband, which had to be requested multiple times from him before he'd do it. Additionally, we had a bubble machine that he only refilled twice (it ran on empty most of the time). Overall, a bad company to deal with.

Sent on 10/05/2008
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 12/26/2009

2.4
      2.5
      3.0

They are quick getting their shots and efficient on the day of the ceremony. They provide a free engagement sitting along with a complimentary 8x10 which is nice. However, they are hard to get a hold of and sometimes don't return calls left on their answering machine. They also don't have set hours so that makes it hard to know when to call. Final picture quality was a bit grainy especially on the large prints. They also lost a memory card which held about a quarter of the reception, pictures that we knew were taken from talking with guests. They also do videography and DJ work.

Sent on 01/09/2010

Shaun · Married on 02/20/2015

1.0

My brother used Ken with Studio 3 for his wedding in February 2015. He was so great in all the "pre-wedding" meetings, citing his 20+ years of experience and numerous awards. It should have raised a big red flag when he didn't take any notes!!!! He took pictures of the groomsmen in a dingy room with no background...we didn't think to question those details. It should be up to the "professional" with all his experience to think about those details, especially since he made a big deal about how many weddings he had done at "Pheasant Run". His second photographer that he agreed to bring was a TRAINEE! It was also aggravating that after all the pre planning he was suddenly interrupting the bride & grooming the dance floor to ask about leaving the reception to take pictures...they specifically told him that they didn't want to leave the reception so they had 1 hour before the cocktail hour just for him to get all the bridal party and family pictures done. When they complained about the results and the lack of pictures and the poor quality of many others he literally said "I don't care - one bad review is not going to make a difference". Say no more.

Sent on 11/12/2015

0.0

This was a nightmare from day one. We should have hired someone else before the wedding and let them keep the deposit! The guy that we signed up with promised us everything we wanted. We even sat with the actual videographer that we would have that day and I made specific requests. Three months before the wedding the owner calls us and says that the guy that was going to do it is no longer with the company and refunded us $100 because we paid extra to request him and for piece of mind that we actually MET the guy that was going to do our wedding. We have a new meeting again to go over requests for the big day. Now the owner will personally tape our wedding. As we get into details we talk about what was promised to us and the owner is not happy. Of course the manager that we signed the contract with that made the promises is also no longer with the company. Now 2 days before the wedding the owner calls and says that the original guy is back and can tape our wedding. He did miss somethings that I did specifically ask for and I'm sure its because we never had a final meeting with him only the owner. Now it's after the wedding and the editor needs music choices for the dvd. After countless emails and phone calls that finally gets resolved. I go to pick it up for the 1st viewing and they can't find the dvd. No one has record of the office calling me the day before. They do find it 30 mins later. Then they said I can't have it because there is a balance. I said that's not true we paid in full before the wedding. They said because the original guy came back that we still had to pay that $100! After about 45 mins of arguments and I'm almost in tears I pay it just to have something from my wedding and said that I will be back to meet with the owner during the week.

We view the dvd and have the meeting with the owner. All of a sudden all the promises went out the window. He was very rude and claimed it wasn't in the contract but it was but worded in a way that could be questionable. We thought it was their shortcut code on the contract but he denied everything. I was in tears and hysterical by this point. It took 10 different copies of the dvd to get a copy that was good. They kept skipping....

Please Please Please do NOT choose them!!!!!!! The heartache and frustration is just too much!

Sent on 02/13/2008

Julie · Married on 06/23/2006

0.0

We contracted with Studio 3 Productions for our wedding. We were highly disappointed with the services of the DJ. To begin, we feel she didn't show up early enough to set up. If she had, she would have been able to find our CD of our ceremony music in time to start the ceremony. Regardless, she didn't have the CD when we were ready to start. She found it and got everything started, but I feel that the ceremony started late because of this. She then played the wrong song for our entrance and introduction as a married couple, called our Best Man the wrong name when introducing him to give his speech (which happened to be the name of his brother serving in Iraq at the time) and then called the groom's mother the bride's mother name for the mother/son dance. Our first dance song was ruined by the song stopping a little bit into it, and overall, I feel that the services provided by this Dj and her company were absolutely terrible. Attempts to rectify the situation have led to nothing.

The company was completely unwilling to work out any satisfactory solution. Would avoid at all costs!

Sent on 11/29/2007