Strings Attached, Houston Reviews

53 Reviews for Strings Attached, Houston

Aaron · Married on 11/22/2015

0.4
      0.5

Do NOT use Strings Attached Houston!!! The quality of the music was wonderful, but the company told the musicians the wrong start time and as a result the musicians arrived 30 minutes late for the ceremony and then left early!! James Beauchamp was our "Client Consultant" but he didn't show up at the ceremony at all. When I spoke to him about it he apologized and promised a refund but the refund never arrived and he has been totally unresponsive to my repeated phone calls and emails for over two months now, as has his wife Deanna. My actual rating of this company is a ZERO but the lowest the system allows is a 0.5. We paid $750 and were completely cheated and seem to have no recourse since the company will not return phone calls or email. Buyer beware...

Sent on 12/10/2015

Marva · Married on 01/23/2016

0.0

I purchased a string quartet with a vocalist through Strings Attached. I sat and discussed for a lengthy period of time what songs we wanted, when to play, when the vocalist would sing etc...I was assured James would show to the rehearsal, he did not. He sent the vocalist, who although very nice, was not aware of anything we had sat and discussed. At the time of the ceremony only two violists showed up without any sheet music or any idea of what was discussed to be performed at the wedding. I paid for three hours of service and this is not what I received. I was told the James was 1 1/2 hours away, however he never showed and never responded to my calls. He has yet to answer any of my calls or emails. I have called numerous phone numbers on his website again without any response. I would not recommend their services to anyone. They have been very unprofessional in the handling of this situation and have made no attempt to rectify this situation.

Sent on 02/03/2016

0.0

Very unprofessional ! The week of my wedding it was impossible to get ahold of James Beauchamp. I called him, day of wedding coordinator called him, my maid of honor called and nothing. He finally responded the day of the wedding and was rude to my day of wedding coordinator. The string trio showed up way too soon and stated that their hour started 20 minutes before the 3pm ceremony actually started. That is not the proper way your wedding should start, it was a very stressful experience. To make matter worse, when my coordinator called James back he was even more rude and said that's how it works with them, that they start before the ceremony. How does that make any sense? I specifically told James over and over and stated in the contract and the work sheets he emailed me, that the ceremony could not start any sooner than 3pm since the church had an event every hour. He changed our agreement last minute and did not even try and fix their error. The musicians did not even have the music schedule I emailed, so they did not even know what they should play. When I called James a few days after the wedding, he refused to even acknowledge their mistake and refused to pay me my money back for the 3 songs they played. I will be pursuing legal action.

Sent on 03/29/2016