Strings Attached, Houston Reviews

53 | Houston, TX

53 Reviews for Strings Attached, Houston

Nelly · event on: 06/13/2014

We had an exceptional service, personal and professional, we will definitely ask them to play again in one of our Events at Haras!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Veronica · Married on 05/31/2014

The string quartet players were a hit! They sounded so beautiful and the staff was so helpful in making my wedding day a memorable one. They were very accommodating with my musical requests and they were always very professional and attentive. I would definitely hire them again for another event.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Megan · Married on 05/24/2014

Strings Attached was an absolute pleasure to work with. They were very professional and great to work with. All of our wedding guests complimented us on our ceremony and cocktail hour music. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 05/27/2014

bobbie · Married on 05/24/2014

String attached was amazing for my wedding the music every one loved. My wedding I wanted all modern music and string attached Houston did it. I would highly recommend them and also have them play at another one of my event. Y'all were amazing String Attached Houston. Thank you.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Strings Attached did a fabulous job playing during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were extremely easy to work with and very professional.

Sent on 06/07/2014

James and Deanna were extremely helpful in guiding me through the entire process of choosing my music for my wedding day. Everything James and the other wonderful ladies played was beautiful. Just perfect. I received many compliments about how well they played. Thank you for making our wedding day special! I will recommend them to everyone I know.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Strings Attached provided a string duet for my wedding ceremony. They were extremely professional and easy to work with. The music they played was beautiful and elegant and made my ceremony everything that I hoped it would be. I highly recommend Strings Attached to all the future brides out there, as they are not only talented but one the most pleasant vendors I worked with while planning my wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Rebecca · event on: 03/27/2014

James and Strings Attached went above and beyond to help me surprise my husband for our 10th anniversary. He was very flexible with his time, and music selection, and played beautifully! It was a most memorable experience and we will definitely be calling him to play again. We loved our anniversary!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Deanna and James were wonderful! They went above and beyond to make my dreams happen for our wedding. I wish we could renew our vows every year and have them play every time.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Happy · event on: 12/13/2013

absolutely fantastic!! the crowd really enjoyed the ambiance that the musicians provided!! would have them play every day if I could!!! thanks so much.

Sent on 12/18/2013

bella · Married on 12/05/2013

The music that Strings Attached provided for our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The musicians were very professional and sounded fantastic. Thank for helping our wedding an unforgettable experience!!!

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/05/2013

Incredible! The music at our wedding was amazing. The flexibility and professionalism from the entire staff at Strings Attached was wonderful. Their suggestions and help picking the music made our wedding the special day that we had always hoped for. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Aspen · Married on 04/20/2013

Strings Attached is absolutely phenomenal. They turned our little backyard wedding into the most memorable, beautiful event I could have ever imagined. We will forever be grateful to have had them be apart of one of the most important days of our lives! I highly recommend them to anyone needing professional musicians at an event. Thank you so much Strings Attached!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Laurie · Married on 10/05/2007

So very pleased with the professional musicians who made our wedding their priority. My musicians brought elegance and class as well as their perfect manners to our wedding. I could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Very professional and brought the perfect elegance to our ceremony! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2013

HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS 27 YRS AND THEY ARE THE BEST!!! NO COMPARISON! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Kay · event on: 11/09/2013

The musicians were professional in every way, attire, promptness, selection of music and performance.
    Everyone in attendance was captivated and very complimentary. A touch of class for any all venues!!

Kay Stephens
    Calloways Nurseries, Inc.

Sent on 11/18/2013
  • User4640903 · event on: 12/05/2014

Strings Attached was great for our corporate holiday party. They were easy to book, and the performance was lovely.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2014

Deanna went out to our venue well in advance of the wedding to check out the set-up. It had rained the week leading up to the wedding, and our ceremony was slated to take place outside. There was no covered nor paved place for the musicians to set up. When Deanna called me, she calmly explained that it was too big a risk for the instruments we had chosen but kindly offered to upgrade us to the string quartet at no extra charge. I really appreciated 1) her willingness to go out to our venue (it wasn't just around the corner) 2) her flexibility in providing not just a feasible solution, but a better one 3) the gentleness with which she handled the situation for a very stressed bride!

Additionally, the consultation went smoothly. I initially was fretting that they waited until ~1 week out from the wedding to call, but I had nothing to fear. It took all of 15 minutes to line up the ceremony music without any preparation on my part.

The music was PERFECT. Our guests loved the upbeat music that was played as they entered the ceremony site. (Especially "Happy"...I cannot tell you how many times guests still mention this!) We loved the mix of songs played and that we were able to steer away from some of the traditional music (we still did Canon in D, but used 100 Years by Five for Fighting for the bridal processional).

Overall, we loved working with Strings Attached. Everyone was SO friendly, made the process quick and easy, and the music was a hit.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Maria · Married on 12/20/2013

Thank you so much for providing the music for my daughter's wedding. James made sure to touch base with me several times prior to the ceremony to confirm the program and the music. I am very happy that we hired Strings Attached for the event.

Mary · Married on 12/13/2014

James, Deanna and the rest of the members of the quartet were so wonderful and EASY to work with! So much professionalism for someone his age. I wish all the vendors that i worked with went as smooth as it did with strings attached. I only wish i was present during cocktail hour so that i could hear their beautiful music! The guests really enjoyed listening to them. James was incredibly nice and i was immediately at ease with him when we rehearsed together for our wedding performance.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Meredith · Married on 10/17/2015

I was recommended to Strings Attached by a family member studying music at Rice University. Booking with them was super easy and James was very helpful. They have a wide variety of songs and the fee to turn your favorite song into an arrangement is very reasonable. Also -- if it's a hymn -- James said they can often find the sheet music online or a hymnal and then they don't charge you for that. They showed up on time, looking professional, and played beautifully.

Sent on 11/20/2015
  • Y

Abbey · Married on 01/23/2016

3.5
      3.5

The music on our day from James was beautiful; I wouldn't have had it any other way--it was so gorgeous and a one of a kind atmosphere! He really worked with me to get me the exact arrangements that I wanted at certain lengths, and even worked with our vocalist to make an arrangement in a certain key. He had great ideas when we met and guided me through the whole process with professionalism and creativity. He was pretty responsive to all mediums of email, text, and phone calls. The value was also fantastic!

Our only source of stress was that the ensemble got to the venue on the day of the wedding a bit later than initially established due to traffic/unforeseen circumstances, which made us have to rush around a bit to do some last minute rehearsing. Otherwise, all was great, and our string quartet really set the mood for our wedding, and I'm so glad we did it! Thank you!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Shawna · Married on 04/25/2015

1.0
      3.0
      1.0
      0.5

Very unhappy with the service. We spend weeks going back and forth via email and actually had a phone conference about a week ahead of time with a representative of the company about exactly what was wanted. We specifically chose this vendor because of the specialty services they could provide. We chose a specialty song from the list they provided and paid to have a specific song composed. When the day of the wedding came the musicians did not have our specialty music at all. They did not have the prelude song or the postlude song. An hour before the wedding we had to scramble, the maid of honor had to get a laptop, find a printer and look up the prelude music online. The postlude we could not find (which was special to my husband-this was the song he chose). In essence we did half the requested work for the company. My issue is that, while we were reimburse the cost that we paid for postlude song and a small amount of what we paid it did not make up for the hour lost on my wedding day. I feel that compensation of half of (large) fee we paid would have been sufficient. The employee we spoke with on the phone, James, flat out lied about the discussion we had. We do not recommend this vendor - there are other companies that we feel confident would do just as well at a lesser cost with much less hassle.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Strings Attached, Houston's reply:

We are so sorry you feel this way. It is of course our main objective to make sure all of our clients have a wonderful experience. We are more than happy to work with you to resolve this issue and are very sorry that you were unhappy with our service.

Sincerely,

The Strings Attached Houston Team

0.4
      0.5

Very upset with this company. My music consultant did not respond to any of my emails, and when he responded to my texts he did not do what I asked (which was to change one song and get a copy of the music playlist). They were suppose to arrive 15mis before the ceremony for guests to enjoy, but they got their barley on time for the ceremony. I paid for an hr of their service and they only stayed about 20 minuets and just left. I paid a lot of money and was very excited they were playing for my wedding, but they really dropped the ball on this. I will be calling them soon to demand some sort of refund as they only provided half of the paid service.

Sent on 11/30/2015