Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

29 Reviews for String Serenade

String-Trio (1)
Instrumental-Trio (1)
Violin (1)
Cello (1)
29 String Serenade Reviews

Jennifer was amazing to work with, easy to reach, and so kind. She did exactly what I asked for and it was perfect. String Serenade provided our traditional string ceremony music followed by modern string cocktail music for our outdoor cocktail hour. They were fabulous!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/24/15, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Trio, String-Trio, Cello, Violin

We engaged String Serenade to provide music for our daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Jennifer was wonderful to work with she was always easy to reach by phone and email.
Her music list was extensive and she had great recommendations for us .
The musicians arrived when promised and the strings sounded beautiful , one of the nicest and most memorable parts of the out wedding.
Highly recommend for any event.

Profile Picture User5074931, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Professional, beautiful and elegant!! String Serenade was absolutely wonderful!! Thank you all!!! The Kahler's

Profile Picture JC, 11/15/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jennifer was great. We had a communication problem at the beginning but once it was sorted, she was fantastic. We had a string trio and they played contemporary music that was perfect for my wife and I. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Pete, 11/8/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

String Serenade performed for our wedding ceremony. We were very happy. They're very professional, the music was great and they were easy to work with. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Rachel, 2/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Dianne and the folks at String Serenade were fantastic to work with! Not only was our cremony music beautiful, but SS was professional, affordable, and has a very large selection of music to choose from. My fiance and I had so much fun listening to all of the samples and thinking about all of the possibilities of songs to play during the processional! String Serenade also played music during our cocktail hour and the guests just raved about them! We are very grateful that they were willing to play outside in the freezing cold during the unexpected cold-front that blew through our ceremony, and they played beautifully!! We highly recommend them!!! Delightful string quartet!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/23/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

String Serenade performed during my ceremony as well as during the cocktail reception. They were very helpful while I was trying to pick the different songs I wanted to hear (They had quite the selection), and they were very professional before, during, and after the event. I will say that String Serenade was a bit expensive, but most string quartets are. String Serenade was the perfect touch to our wedding day and I could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Caroline, 11/2/13, 2 Reviews
3.9

The initial contact was really prompt and professional, which made us choose them, but the rest of the process was a little hit or miss. It was hard to connect/get in touch. I wasn't sure what to expect right before the wedding or if everyone was on one page, but it ended up perfect. Music was beautiful. They worked with us on a special arrangement we requested that wasn't part of their repertoire. Price was reasonable for what we received, too!

Profile Picture User2643592, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
1.8

At our venue we couldn't used amplified music during the ceremony so we went with a string quartet. On the day of the music was wonderful. Working with them up until that point was a nightmare. When we originally received our venue's preferred vendor list they were on it, but we learned later that they were eventually taken off. They have horrible communication when emails didn't work we tried calling and that didn't work either. It took multiple phone calls with in a couple of days the week of our wedding to finally confirm the details of our ceremony and cocktail hour. I would have never hired them knowing they'd be this stressful to work with.

Profile Picture User1582503, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I used String Serenade for my ceremony music and they were outstanding. Ella was amazing to work with and so helpful in choosing the perfect songs for our special day. They even learned a last minute song request and played it beautifully. The offer great prices, the service is outstanding and the music delivery iss superb. I would highly recommend String Serenade!

Profile Picture User2783470, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

String Serenade was a pleasure to work with and was lovely addition to our ceremony. I really appreciated the samples on their website, followed by the CD of longer, more varied work we received in the mail. They required minimal direction (aside from song choices) as they're quite seasoned at weddings and I appreciated this very much.

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/6/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

We had the pleasure of having the beautiful sounds of String Serenade! We received many compliments of how wonderful they sounded! Each of the musicians were incredibly talented, and the wide selection of music they had to offer was simply amazing. From the moment I walked out and heard the strings playing in the background, I was filled with such a feeling of ease and happiness. It was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture User1184130, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I'm writing this review as the Mother of the Bride. I booked String Serenade and signed the contract a few months before my daughter's 3/24/2012 wedding date. I mostly communicated with Jennifer via email and later as the wedding date got closer, we spoke several times on the phone. I was really pleased with her flexibility and her professionalism. She was out of town for a large part of the time prior to the wedding but she still continued to answer all my emails and return my calls. I had also requested a special arrangement of a song to be played for the processional and she was very willing to do it. They also had a large selection of music to choose from and kept up to date with some of the popular music that my daughter wanted played at her wedding. I didn't have to worry at all about the ceremony music. She and the string quarter arrived early to set up and played beautiful music prior to the ceremony. They also played during the cocktail hour after the ceremony. Jennifer was great to work with and I found the rest of the musicians to be professional and highly talented. I received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the ceremony music was.

Profile Picture Minnie, 3/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I had a string trio at my event at the Inpirador chandler. Jennifer Dewitt was my contact and she did a great job responding to all my inquiries. She was very flexible and was very accommodating and informative. We selected some classical and some modern songs to be played before and after our processional. Our guests and we were very pleased with the music and it made our wedding very elegant. For my entrance I walked with my dad to the song "I cant help falling in love with you" by Elvis Presley because it was a song that my father used to sing to me when I was a little girl. It was beautiful! Thank you String Serenade.

Profile Picture Analyn, 2/25/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

String Serenade was fantastic. The music was gorgeous and they are so professional and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Dana, 1/7/12, 18 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They were a great price for the quality of music you get, and they will provide you those prices unlike some companies that make you have a meeting before they will tell you anything. They have a large list of things they can play for the ceremony from classic to more modern. Everyone thought the music was beautiful and I am so happy with how it all turned out.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/10/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Strings Serenade was wonderful. They sounded wonderful and were great to work with.

Profile Picture Angela, 11/5/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Rich Mancini was hands down one of the best musicians/djs. I was so happy I picked him. He did an amazing job! I would highly recommend him! He is also very personable and professional. He was my favorite vendor that I hired.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/26/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

I loved working with Jennifer in planning out our ceremony music. The musicians that played for us were amazing! They added the perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour. Thank you, Jennifer!

Profile Picture Tricia, 3/12/11, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jennifer & Rich did SUCH an amazing job! The ceremony music sounded amazing and exactly what we had wanted! The Guitar/Violin combo was gorgeous and everyone was telling us how much they loved it! Also, following the ceremony, Jennifer & Rich played music for the cocktail hour, which was PERFECT as well! Not only did it sound amazing, but they played wonderful pieces and set such a good tone for the venue! Jennifer also did such an amazing job at our final meeting, helping plan the ceremony order, time line, and great song suggestions for the style of wedding we were looking for! THANK YOU SO MUCH, WE ARE SO HAPPY YOU WERE PART of our SPECIAL DAY!!!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 1/15/11, 5 Reviews
4.2

It was a last minute decision a few weeks before the wedding to add a violin and cello to the ceremony. Jennifer was very helpful with pricing and availability. The day of the Wedding was very busy and emotional and the musicians were seated to the back of the ceremony area so I was not focusing much on the music.

However when we got our Wedding Video for review I was disappointed to find the musicians were flat or sharp on most of the songs. We had to have the videographer edit out all the live music and replace with recordings and ended up paying extra.

I notified Jennifer of the issues. Both her and her partner Rich met me in person to discuss. I was deeply touched by the professionalism they showed and the genuine concern they expressed. It was very apparent that they care about their clients and the services they are provided.

They not only refunded our money but offered to record the original wedding music in studio to add to our video at no cost to us.

I wish I could have given them a perfect score but I also have to rate based on the music the day of the Wedding which is something that can't be changed. I do however have a great deal of respect for Jennifer and Rich and the professional and caring manner in which they handled the situation.

I would use their group again for future events and I would encourage others to use them as well.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nicole, 11/20/10, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jennifer and String Serenade did a wonderful job of playing at our ceremony - they even did a couple of custom arrangements just for us (we didn't like Wedding March and some of the traditional music, and they worked with us to arrange special songs that we'd prefer instead). They showed up with plenty of time to spare, and their prices were very reasonable. Overall we were very, very pleased!

Profile Picture Gretchen, 10/9/10, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Jennifer and Rich to play music during the ceremony and cocktail hour. Rich was unable to make it at the last minute, so there was another guy with Jennifer, but we could not tell the difference. The music was beautifull and Jennifer was a real pleasure to work with! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Cori, 5/8/10, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I had to change my wedding date a couple of times and Rich Mancini and Jennifer DeWitt of String Serenade worked very hard to make everything work perfectly for me! I had my heart set on walking down the aisle to a particular song and they wrote the music for the duet of instruments I wanted! They are amazing! They were professional, friendly and fantastic musicians and Rich did a great job as MC for the reception. I received dozens of compliments on their talent and selection of music! I would recommend them to any bride looking for a beautiful music choice for their ceremony as well as a fun, classy alternative to a DJ for a reception! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture David and Katie, 4/10/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We went to meet Rich and Jennifer to hear a little demo. I didn't know what kind of ceremony music I actually wanted until I heard them play! They performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour as a viola/acoustic guitar duo. Their music sounded wondeful and several guests commented on how great the musicians were.

After cocktail hour, Rich MCd for the entire night, through his company Manicni Entertainment. People were on the dance floor all night and he kept things moving perfectly.

It was such a pleasure to have Jennifer and Rich to be a part of our day!

Profile Picture Jessie, 3/27/10, 6 Reviews