Strat Kat DJ Reviews

Strat Kat DJ 4
Strat Kat DJ 5
  • F

fawn · Married on 06/25/2011

Wow, Let me start by saying, THERE are still people in this world who return phone calls, Mark is one of them. From the beginning we were off to a good start. He gave me all the Information I needed for my daughters wedding. I was/am the wedding planner and this being my first wedding I needed all the help I could get. Mark gave me any and all the info I needed. Walked me thru the song choices, walked me thru the Master of Ceremony duties and what was to be expected. THEN the big day arrives, SKATKAT Mark Miller, was on time, very professional, very sincere with our guests, and very upbeat. We had a Non Alcoholic Venue, and thats a tough Gig I would Imagine. But our DJ didnt skip a beat, and we had a tough crowd (in my opinion). But Honestly I would suggest and tell anyone who is considering Mark Miller and SKATKAT for any function they need ~ GO FOR IT... He is Fun, entertaining, great with people, and a pleasure to have at your function. We called him our DJ, BUT we now call him our FRIEND.....

Sent on 10/24/2011

liz · Married on 06/18/2011

Mark was timely, friendly, and completely professional. He made sure the wedding and the reception were a complete success and kept us dancing through the night.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Kassandra · Married on 06/04/2011

My husband I were very pleased with the DJ services we received. The music chosen for the processional/recessional were great and everyone enjoyed the dancing!

Sent on 06/14/2011

samantha · Married on 05/21/2011

Mark was great! It would not have been a party if we hadn't of had him there. He kept everyone dancing and having a good time. I had a couple people ask me who he was because they wanted to hire him for their next event. You can't go wrong with hiring him.

Sent on 05/31/2011
  • diana

diana · Married on 05/14/2011

He was just the best of the best!! He answered all of our questions and we were able to choose each song that we wanted to be played, he also visited our venue before our wedding date to make sure he had everything that we needed for that special day.

On the day of, he was so professional, he got to our place earlier than we expected with all the necessary equipment and his performance was just the best. He adapted very well to our songs and schedule and kept every guest happy!!
    Thank you Mark! You Rock!!

At least 3 of our guest asked for his number to make sure they can hire him next event they have,
    And my husband and I will be hiring him

Sent on 05/31/2011

Christine · Married on 03/12/2011

I wish I could recommend Mark to every bride-to-be!

My husband and I first met Mark at the bridal extravaganza, and we both immediately had a great feeling about him and that we wanted him to be our DJ! One of our main priorities for our wedding day was that we wanted to host an awesome party - a reception that would be remembered for a long time to come! Mark made our dreams come true - and more. We gave him a list of a few 'must play' and 'dont play' songs, but gave him free rein other than that. He knew exactly the songs to play to keep the dance floor hopping! His shiny gold coat, sunglasses, and cow bells also made their way to the dance floor - and provided hilarious pictures of our guests. I've never seen so many people make it to the end of a wedding! Not only did he know how to host an awesome party, but he was very attentive to the details and personally met with us more than once before the big day to make sure that everything was just the way we wanted it.

If you want to host an event where people will be talking about it long after it is over, then Strat Kat DJ is the way to go!

Thanks again, Mark! I hope we have an excuse to party with you again soon!

Sent on 03/23/2011

Linda · Married on 12/29/2010

Mark Miller was wonderful to work with from the planning through the execution of every detail of our wedding and wedding reception. He's really perceptive about the mood and wishes of the guests. His professionalism is a real asset in calming nervous wedding party members and his enthusiasm for the event is infectious! He made our day the special day it was meant to be in every way. Thanks, Mark!!

Sent on 02/14/2011

Donna · Married on 12/04/2010

We needed a DJ for our fundraiser and I found Strat Kat. The thing that stood out the most from the intial correspondence, was his attention to detail and his great communication skills. This later was revealed when he MC'd at the event. Very professional. I had so many people comment on how wonderful Mark Miller (Strat Kat) was and a few people wanted to book him right then and there for upcoming events. He provided an excellent sound and light show too and photos came out beautifully with the lighting.

Although this was not a wedding, while i met with our venue coordinator , they mentioned a recent wedding they had, where Strat Kat had DJ'd. They were telling me how great he was and how he went above and beyond the call of duty..helping the groom get dressed because he was so nervous and actually doing the best man's speech too because he was too nervous! I was pretty impressed, and that sealed the deal for me. I HIGHLY recommend this DJ/MC! He helped us raise big money for our event by being so engaging/involved…and left a lasting impression on the attendees. We will be using him for all future events.

Sent on 02/13/2011

Marisa · Married on 10/30/2010

We saw Mark's work at a graduation party earlier this year and we knew he would be perfect for our wedding. He worked with us from the begining. The closer we got to our wedding date, the more annoying I became. Poor Mark, I was emailing him every day. He answered each and every email almost immediately. He was able to find the obscure music I chose for our ceremony and played it flawlessly. At the reception, he knew exactly how to "feel" the crowd, picking music that got everyone up out of their seats to dance. It was wonderful! I highly recommend his services to anyone looking to have a blast at their reception. And ask him to put on his "Elvis". You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Taniqua · Married on 10/08/2010

Mark was fantastic for my October wedding. He played great music and made our ceremony and reception all that I hoped it would be. Our first dance mix went off without a hitch.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Janice · Married on 07/17/2010

Mark was the best. He listened to what we wanted, gave us suggestions and really helped make our wedding day special. Our wedding would not have been the same without him. He is truely a vbery dear friend now.

Sent on 05/28/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/05/2010

Sunil (my husband) and I cannot say enough good things about Mark!
    Mark, again THANK YOU! for all that you did to make our reception one of the MOST remembered for all those that attended.

We had a multicultural wedding and reception and Mark kept the entire party dancing all night long! Our wedding was actually the 3rd wedding out of our group of friends and has since DJ'd for another friends wedding! On each occasion the tunes, the party and Mark's "style" are fitting and perfect to the guests and the couple!

We gave our favorites and listed what we wanted for the particulars - and midway through Mark being so go with the flow - plugged an iPod into his system and away we went with fabulous Indian dance music!

It was a night to remember for us and all of our friends that have had Mark at their wedding!

Amy & Sunil Chaudhari

Sent on 02/18/2011

Abby · Married on 08/08/2009

I used Mark for my wedding reception. Mark was the coolest DJ! He knew exactly how to keep the dance floor hoppin! He kept the party so alive the venue let us stay there and party longer, even though they had a strict "no noise" policy after hours... I had a couple of specific requests and he was able to accommodate me. I still have friends talking about how fun my wedding and that was almost two years ago! I can attribute that to mark! If you want an awesome wedding and/or reception Mark is your guy you will be more than satisfied!

Sent on 02/14/2011

Jalee · Married on 06/27/2006

Mark did such an awesome job at my best friend's wedding this last month! He played fun and fantastic music the whole night. The bride wasn't planning on dancing much but she was on that dance floor almost the entire time. He kept the energy high throughout the evening and everyone had a blast. So much fun!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Karen L. · Married on 09/09/2017

The experience that Mark has showed in all aspects of our wedding. He was a great MC of the whole event and had good ideas to keep bride at ease. Thanks Mark, I wouldn't have had anyone else do the job!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • Solomon & Taymn

Taymn · Married on 03/11/2017

Mark was great! From the music selection to the help with time management, he was very helpful in the planning process. But the actual DJ ing was awesome!! He has a great voice and handle everyone with such professionalism. Our wedding was fantastic and much of that was due to how he handle the music and the mic! Thank you so much for making my wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Mark was the best vendor that we worked with. He was always responsive and on the day of our ceremony seemed to be in three places at once helping coordinate music between the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, even while it was raining.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Katy · Married on 05/24/2014

Mark did a great job accommodating our odd requests...how often do people do karaoke at their reception?! He was pleasant to work with and was always available for questions and even drove out to One World to make sure his set up would work. The reason for 1/2 star is the minor glitch with music/mics during the ceremony. But we all laughed it off. Mark did a great job "interviewing" us to make sure he understands what kind of music we like. He keeps the party going and has this fabulous gold jacket that he put on my groom that make some pretty awesome pictures. The biggest complaint?? Not enough karaoke time! I should have cut out some dancing because everyone was having such a great time!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Christa · Married on 02/16/2014

Mark was great to work with prior to the wedding. He made my husband and I feel at ease and confident and his abilities after our initial meeting. Everyone had a great time at the wedding and the music got everyone on the dance floor. He did a good job of balancing the fast, dance songs with the slow songs. I'd recommend him to friends and family and I'd use him again.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Steven · Married on 03/24/2012

DJ Mark adds a lot of flavor and professionalism to the overall experience. He is style and substance. I work in the wedding industry myself as a DJ and the fact that I went to him to oversee the DJ'ing and MC'ing of my very own wedding is saying a lot. He lived up to the hype and actually exceeded it. His mc'ing of the event is so natural and smooth. I loved his ability to just roll with anything and make it work for him and his timing is perfect. He played everything in the best possible sequence to maximize the effectiveness of people dancing and is just a genuinely nice guy to work with in the planning stages. Really pleasant guy. Book em' baby!

Sent on 04/01/2012

Michele · Married on 03/10/2012

Mark did an excellent job for our wedding. We had tons of changes due to weather at the last minute, and Mark was able to adjust without any issues.

He played all the songs we wanted at the right times, and kept the crowd engaged for the whole reception.

Would definitely hire him again!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Rita · Married on 09/19/2015

Mark, was wonderful and easy to work with. He met all our expectations. Mark understands all age groups and is very good at judging the mood and atmosphere of the crowd and makes appropriate music selections for the time. We had a dire situation with the brides grandmother getting ill at the reception and an ambulance had to be called. Mark handle it very well and just played soothing music until the episode was handled. Thankfully the grandmother was ok. She is 83 and just to much partying for 2 days and she was exhausted and overwhelmed. After this incident Mark picked up the tempo and the wedding party continued and got better as the night progressed. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/18/2015

DJ Strat Kat (Mark) did an amazing job for us. He was easy to talk to, listened to what we wanted and had the experience to read our crowd to create a really fun party! We were so glad we went with him for our big day!

Sent on 04/27/2015
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 04/21/2012

Mark is amazing!!!! I highly recommend him to any bride who wants a fun, upbeat wedding reception! We made a few last minute changes that he was totally cool with, his website allowed us to build an awesome playlist as well as tell him what times we wanted things done. He was a great MC who really helped with the flow of the night. If you are anywhere in the Austin/San Antonio/Hill Country Area book this DJ :)

Sent on 04/23/2012

Cindy · event on: 01/28/2012

Mark, you were wonderful and the kids loved you. You kept 70+ thirteen year olds dancing all night and we all enjoyed the dance offs:-). There's still debate over who won....the girls or boys??? I have received comments, text and facebook messages from some of the kids saying "It was the party of the year" or "It was the best party ever". Thanks for making the kids so happy. I will definately be calling you for our next dance party whether it be for the kids or just us adults.

Sent on 03/09/2012

Strat Kat DJ's reply:

Cindy,

Thank you for allowing me to entertain that wonderful group. It was one special event that I will remember for many years to come!

Strat Kat