Strat Kat DJ Reviews

Strat Kat DJ 3
Strat Kat DJ 4
Strat Kat DJ 5

Kay · event on: 10/20/2013

Mark did a wonderful job at the WWII Bomb Group Reunion Banquet. He kept the music flowing at just the right pace, keeping the interest of the quests peaked. I received very positive comments about the music and the professionalism of the DJ. Thank you, Mark.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Tiffany · Married on 10/12/2013

Mark was an awesome DJ. He made sure everyone was having fun and made sure to do everything my groom and I wanted.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Carolyn · Married on 08/10/2013

Strat Kat was the perfect DJ for my son's recent wedding at Texas Old Town! He was great to work with, has a wonderful planning website, and was very good at keeping the schedule organized so we didn't forget anything important! Most of all, our guests loved him, and his selections for music had everyone dancing and packed the dance floor the entire evening. His sound system was plenty strong to fill our large venue which was an advantage over other DJ's. Thank you Strat Kat!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Austin · Married on 07/20/2013

Starting with the first phone call, I knew we had the perfect DJ. He worked non stop with us and for us. We had a complex wedding ceremony complete with sound and he made it perfect, a result of the fact that he worked tirelessly on the script.
    The songs we chose for the reception were all played at the perfect time and all of our specialty songs were introduced well. He did an excellent job of reading the crowd and making everyone feel informed and included. I have never seen more people actually dancing at a reception.
    He was even kid friendly, bringing instruments to play along and I think I saw him showing them how the board and equipment worked.
    He gave us a personal phone number and was always available to help us or answer questions. He is a friendly guy and knows his stuff. Strat Kat DJ is a genius at his art and is an essential part of any wedding.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Austin · Married on 07/20/2013

Sent on 08/03/2013

Jay · Married on 07/06/2013

Mark was very professional, super easy to work with, and a very fun loving guy. At the high profile venue we had he was very respectful to the surroundings and all my guests which made the night go very smooth and made everyone have a great time.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Alecia · Married on 06/14/2013

It was so much fun. He got the crowd involved and played all of the music that we requested. He was very organized and helped us formulate a timeline because we had no clue what we were doing!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Bryann · Married on 06/08/2013

Mark is absolutely amazing!! The best DJ I have heard. He was so easy to work with. Very open to anything we wanted. When we didn't know what to play for certain parts of the wedding and reception his suggestions were exactly what we wanted. We received so many compliments from our guests and the staff on how great our DJ was. Thanks again Mark for making our night very memorable!!!! It was EPIC!

-Bryann and Jonny

Sent on 06/18/2013

Anna Lynn · Married on 06/01/2013

Working with Mark as our wedding DJ has been such a wonderful experience! He was a very nice and professional guy from the get-go, and he helped TREMENDOUSLY when it came to planning and helping us facilitate the day-of timeline. He had easy to use tools to help in wedding music planning. In addition, all the music was wonderful: during the reception, the dance floor was always filled to the brim with fun-having dancers. He was also very flexible when it came to making last-second adjustments and always met our music requests (my family is a big line-dancing fanbase, so he let us add those songs too). It was great because it seemed like he was having as much fun as the rest of us, and so many of my guests have commented on how cool of a guy he was. His prices were also affordable and well-worth the the fun that everyone had. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • Patty

Patty · Married on 05/26/2013

Strat Kat DJ was fantastic both during and leading up to the wedding! He was incredibly responsive to any questions I had and acquired any songs that we requested that weren't listed on the planning website. After our meeting with him prior to the wedding, I was extremely confident in the quality of services we would be receiving, and I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything during the event. During the wedding, Strat Kat DJ played the songs we requested and kept the night flowing smoothly and effortlessly. He added some personal flair and humor that our guests really enjoyed. He did an amazing job picking out music that fit the mood and likes of the entire crowd. He had all our guests, of varying generations, on the dance floor! (Our guests also really enjoyed the sequin jackets!) Strat Kat DJ is a wonderful DJ and you will be very pleased with your decision to book him!

Sent on 06/03/2013

shelly · Married on 05/25/2013

Mr. Miller "Strat Kat DJ" was wonderful. Once we started dancing , we never stopped. 5 Stars all around.
    He provided lighting, the sound system, music and help keep the wedding activities going. I can't say enough about him. I will definitely hire him again.
    Thank you!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2013

Strat Kat DJ is the best DJ in the biz! After having horrible experiences even trying to contact other DJ's he was amazing and priced well under what he is worth! Not only did he listen to what I really wanted, he found specific, requested music that I wanted for during my ceremony. He kept the tone of the wedding as I requested during certain times, and then facilitated the best party that my guests are still raving about!! You had to drag the wedding guests out of the event because everyone was still ready to rock out and enjoy his party! Everyone had a great time from the Grandparents to the 5 yr old's, and especially us, the Bride and Groom!! I cannot thank him enough for making my day better then I even imagined!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Nicole · Married on 04/13/2013

Our crowd was not really an active dancing one, but he did an awesome job at getting everyone invloved. He was also very courteous to the type of crowd we had, younger children and older couples. We absolutely loved him; everyone wanted to invite him back to the house to continue hanging out with is. AMAZING!!!!

Alicia · Married on 04/08/2013

Mark Miller was the DJ at my wedding on April 8th. He did an AWESOME job! He kept the party alive all night long and the time just flew by! Best day of my life by far and he made the reception a real blast...a night to remember!! Looking forward to using him again in the future! Thanks again Mark!!

Rosina · Married on 04/06/2013

I interviewed and researched many of the top DJs in Austin in planning my April 6th wedding. I knew Mark (StratKat DJ) was the right DJ and Master of Ceremony for us after our first conversation. He was professional and excited about my wedding day music plans. My wedding involved three different spaces/setups at the same location and it was from 5:30pm to 1:30am. Mark's support and advice throughout the process were fantastic. His online music selection and timeline software was so easy to use and really helped shape our wedding day and helped me ensure that I did not leave out any important musical moments. Mark also accommodated several special requests from me as well as some wedding day surprises from my family and my (now) husband's family.

In addition to providing ceremony mics and the setups for the different parties within our party, Mark also did some fantastic magenta uplighting for the outdoor portion of our event which made such a difference for the ambiance.

I was a very particular bride with a lot of attention to detail. Mark was very quick to respond with any questions I had throughout the process and was flexible and easygoing on the day of the wedding. Mark takes incredible pride in what he does. I highly recommend Mark to be a DJ/MC for your party or wedding.

chantry · Married on 04/05/2013

Did a great job. Everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 05/18/2013

Rebecca · Married on 03/30/2013

My husband was very skeptical of having a DJ at our wedding. We were budgeting everything and he didn't want to spend the extra money. After our wedding he immediately told me what a fantastic job that Mark did and how happy that he was that we went ahead and had him DJ our wedding. He was very thorough with everything and asking questions to make sure everything went perfect for our special day. Not many people at our wedding were dancers, but we knew there would be a few, and he adapted the song selection with what was going on very well. Once people started dancing he changed over to dancing music. But kept it light and hearty during the rest of the reception/ceremony. He did an absolute fantastic job and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event. :)

Sent on 04/20/2013

Lori · Married on 02/02/2013

Mark is very professional and friendly.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Lauren · Married on 12/08/2012

We had such a wonderful wedding reception with great music!! Great professionalism and he was such. Great DJ!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Amanda · Married on 12/01/2012

Best DJ I could have hoped for, he made my night so memorable. All my guests commented on how wonderful he was! So fun and professional!

Sent on 12/17/2012

David · event on: 11/01/2012

Mark was AWESOME, working with me through the planning process for my wife's surprise 50th birthday party. Having folks coming in from four states, I wanted to be sure everyone had a great time ... and Mark came highly recommended! Kim was totally surprised and Mark kept folks having a great time and on the dance floor the entire night till closing. He's the best!!!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Kathy & Justin · Married on 10/20/2012

Mark was amazing! Our wedding ran a little late and he knew exactly what to play and when to play it! He was extremely professional, yet fun! He kept the timeline of events going and we did not have to worry about anything all evening except enjoying our wedding! Mark was a hit with us as well as all our guests and I will highly recommend him to anyone in search of a DJ for their next event! Mark will NOT let you down!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Laurel · Married on 10/13/2012

Mark truly made our wedding reception a success. When we met with him the week before to go over the timeline and our song choices he was a great help in making sure our night would flow from one event to another without any gaps in the action.
    He streamlined our reception timeline and we left that meeting confident that everything would be perfect.
    On our wedding night, everything was indeed perfect.
    He played just about all of the songs on our request list and he even indulged me with some of the lesser known songs that I asked for. Once it came time to dance, he kept the dance floor hopping-- and it wasn't just our young guests out there. He played the perfect mix of songs to entertain all of our guests. In fact, I think our guests in the 40-80 age range have been the ones to comment the most about what a great time they had dancing! I was skeptical that our crowd would take to Strat Kat's signature sequined jackets, but imagine my surprise when I looked out and saw my uncle and cousin suited up in all their shiny glory. The jackets were a hit! Mark's infectious personality as an Emcee really made the party come alive. He was never pushy about getting people to dance like I've seen some DJs do. We all had a blast and danced the night away!
    More importantly than making sure everyone had a good time, he kept our wedding reception running right on schedule to the minute. When he said he would announce something at 8:05, he wasn't a minute late. I have seen wedding receptions fall apart because of loose timelines, but Mark's punctuality let us rest easy and enjoy our wedding reception.
    DJ Strat Kat is an EXCELLENT value-- his prices were VERY competitive and the service received went way beyond our expectations.
    All in all, I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the Austin area-- be it for a wedding, school dance, retirement party, corporate party, or any special event where you are in need of an emcee and some great tunes!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2012

Mark Miller met with my daughter (the bride), the groom and myself with plenty of time for us to then come up with songs we wanted to request for the reception. I know my husband and I sent him several requests over the months. He listened to all of our requests both for specific songs and for the overall tone we were looking for. He did NOT play any of the songs which are often enjoyed at wedding receptions but which my daughter did not want at hers. My daughter specifically wished to have a variety of songs from a variety of decades but which would all encourage the guests to get up and dance. Mark accomplished this spectacularly! He even brought a few props which he used sparingly but with which he helped the crowd play and just have a good time. He kept on top of the timing of the event so that we were able to send the bride and groom away, dance a little more, and end the party by the deadline set by our venue. I would highly recommend Mark for any type of party you are hosting. He was a wonderful addition to ours.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Adrienne · Married on 09/29/2012

Mark was awesome! Super laid-back but certainly not lazy. We told him we wanted a dance party and that's exactly what he provided! We got TONS of compliments throughout the night about how great the DJ was! And that's Mark for you....just overall fantastic! You will not be disappointed whatsoever if you book Strat Kat, and I fully encourage you to do so!! The price, the person and tunes were kick-ass!

Sent on 10/12/2012