Strat Kat DJ Reviews

Strat Kat DJ 2
Strat Kat DJ 3
Strat Kat DJ 4
Strat Kat DJ 5

Mark was great from the beginning to the end! Whenever we needed anything or had concerns, he responded quickly. He never ceased to be personable, cheerful and professional, and played an extensive list of songs we specifically requested at our event. Mark was on time; he also wore and brought Elvis jackets, and did a little impersonation during our event, which thoroughly entertained the guests. Although he had a lot to compete with at our party (talkative crowd, photobooth, and an attached bowling alley), he got folks out of their seats and dancing! He was responsive to guest requests at the event, and accommodated on-the-spot shifts in the schedule with ease; also, the music was never too loud or too quiet--just perfect. We received several compliments on the DJ during our party and after (I just got another one today from my parents)! We had a smooth, stress-free, and very positive experience, and highly recommend Mark to anyone looking for an awesome DJ!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Mark Rocks! He was the Dj for our wedding that we held at our house in April. He went above expectation and handled all of our last minute changes and plans with ease. He was flexible with our plans and responsive to our needs before and during our event. Our guests were having so much fun on the dance floor, that we ended up asking him to stay longer than anticipated! He had no problem staying 2 1/2 longer than we had originally booked him. We could not have picked a better DJ!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Kimberlee · Married on 04/11/2015

Mark at Strat Kat DJ did an exceptional job at our wedding! He got the crowd dancing before dinner was even over! Not only did Mark play a great selection of music, but he was extremely flexible with us as we moved the schedule around to accommodate the rain for our outdoor wedding. Our wedding coordinator even remarked that he was one of the most professional DJs she has ever worked with. I would highly recommend him to any Austin couple looking for a fun and reliable DJ.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Marina · Married on 03/29/2015

Mark was a terrific DJ and just an overall great person to work with. We had a blast of a dance party – and it was a Sunday night wedding! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Kim · Married on 03/07/2015

DJ Mark was hired for our wedding and he really had the crowd dancing. He helped with the flow of the night by directing tables to the buffet, calling attention to cake cutting, toasts, etc. and did it all expertly. Our wedding reception was indoors, but he also set up outdoors so that he could play our exit music I wanted from the ceremony. When we wanted the music to go on a little longer, he was flexible to keep the party going for another hour at a fair price. He worked really hard, and you can tell he's passionate about what he's doing.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Laura · Married on 11/22/2014

Wonderful experience! Easy, pleasant, and fun to work with! :-)

Sent on 12/09/2014

Nate · Married on 11/15/2014

DJ Mark was very attentive and flexible to meet with us prior to our date to ensure everything was in order. We really liked his online system to coordinate songs and the event timeline. We had a blast at the wedding with him and highly recommend his services!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Amber · Married on 10/26/2014

Mark went above and beyond for our entertainment needs. I have never been to a wedding previous to planning mine he helped with all the planning needs and made it so easy for me by reccomending songs, etc... We are so delighted and happy we chose him to be our dj for our wedding! He's a blast

Sent on 11/20/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

Mark was great at our wedding. He was very accommodating to our guests requests and was able to read our crowd well. Great DJ that I would use again and recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Audrey · Married on 09/27/2014

Strat Kat was awesome! We made our playlist last minute and he pulled through and was able to play every song for our wedding! The last dance was extremely special thanks to Strat Kat making the call to use that song. Not only was he a great DJ but also a great MC. I would highly recommend him to any and everybody who is looking for a DJ!

Audrey and Billy Squibb

Sent on 12/08/2014

Meri · Married on 09/19/2014

Mark was amazing! He was not only professional in every way, but he remixed my wedding march to fit the time I had to walk down the isle. What a stress relief. He was so fun at the reception. He was the icing on the cake. Planning the reception was wonderful. He always had time to talk to me. I felt like we were friends after it was all said and done. Just a lovely person overall. I wish he could come down to Houston and do my daughters graduation party?!?

Sent on 11/04/2014

Strat Kat DJ's reply:

Meri,

I would love to come down to Houston for the graduation party! Just let me know when and where.

DJ Mark

Matt · Married on 08/30/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. I knew after first spoke to him on the phone that I wanted him to be our DJ. He's a sincere, genuine guy and we really bonded with him. He's a great, accomplished musician to boot. Not to mention he charges about half of what other DJs charge. Other DJ's will GOUGE you just because they know they can since it's a wedding. Mark charged half of what they did and we truly couldn't have asked of for a better wedding. Everything went so fantastic and Mark was a really big part of that. Go with Mark, you won't regret it.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Pamela · Married on 08/30/2014

He was fantastic! Had a great personality and really added to the overall experience and joy of our celebration. The songs were great and had a good assortment. And he really joined in the mood of the evening--making it happy and fun, not just a job! Great personality and I would have him again and again!! Who says you can't please the mother of the groom?!?!

Sent on 09/11/2014
  • User4390315 · event on: 08/23/2014

What I truly loved about this DJ, he picked up on the type of crowd we had during the dinner hour and the type of crowd that stayed to dance, and played the music accordingly for them. I would 100% recommend him and we will continue to use him for our event every year!

Sent on 09/10/2014
  • I

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2014

Mark came highly recommended from the coordinator at our venue (The Terrace Club), and I certainly see why! We could not have asked for more out of our DJ. He met and exceeded every expectation! Mark even came to our rehearsal, where he took the time to answer all of my questions and surprised me by recalling and addressing questions I had brought up several months before. I am somewhat of a music snob and I felt like I had given Mark a tall order, but he handled it like a champ! He had music going inside and outside before the ceremony and throughout the reception - it was amazing! He was a great MC, the transitions between events were seamless, and he read the crowd perfectly which kept our dance floor full all night long! At the end of the night he took the time to find me and ask me if I had any last song requests. He even came downstairs to MC the grand exit! We were happy to have Mark as our wedding DJ. I HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Mark Miller is a pro! Very professional, yet fun.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Mary · Married on 04/05/2014

Mark (DJ Strat Kat) was the PERFECT DJ! He was so willing to accommodate our every request (even the smallest and craziest of details!) He made our ceremony and reception so memorable. Our guests loved his entertaining style and his crazy costumes! He brought several different costumed jackets and even let our guests wear them throughout the night! The whole night transitioned perfectly with no awkward silent moments or song transitions. I highly recommend his services as a DJ for any event, especially weddings. He was extremely professional, accommodating, and easy to work with. We are so glad we chose him as our wedding DJ! I wouldn't change a thing :)

Sent on 04/15/2014

Jami · Married on 03/28/2014

The DJ services provided by Strat Kat DJ were rockin! Mark is a very cool person, and we enjoyed working with him on every level. ANYTHING we requested or needed he took care of for the music. He kept the dance floor full of life and all of my guests had a FUN time! Thank you Mark!! Hope to use you again in the future, you are good people for sure!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Maggie · Married on 02/22/2014

When I went shopping for a DJ I found Mark Miller. I felt an immediate connection to him because during our first conversation he asked all the right questions. He really wanted to know about my husband and me, our musical tastes, and how we wanted our ceremony and reception to feel. I was quick to hire him before someone else could! Mark was immeasurably kind and patient with my frequent emails and bridal panic moments. To calm my worries, he met with me at the venue and took a walk around and discussed with me exactly what he was planning for each phase of the evening. It was easy at that point to surrender control of the music to him. In addition, we completed an online DJ portal questionnaire with our specific requests (along with anything we didn’t want—which we didn’t have) and a general information page, which made me feel like he knew exactly what we wanted. He arrived early and set up each area where he would be working. The ceremony music was beautiful and worked exactly with our processional and recessionals with his editing. Once the cocktail hour started, he played a variety of music from all different genres that nonetheless fit in with our tastes. The reception was unbelievable—I really didn’t have any intention of dancing beyond the first dances with my husband and father, but Mark kept the room so energized I couldn’t help myself. In addition to his truly EXCELLENT performance on my wedding day, I have to add that Mark edited the songs we were using for our first dances, and he did a wonderful job. I also didn’t have specific picks for some of the things we were doing (the bouquet and garter toss, the exit, the last dance) and I told Mark to use his discretion, and his picks were absolutely spot on. Mark was an incredible professional and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for an experienced DJ and MC. Mark has my contact information and I am happy to provide a personal reference to anyone who may want to ask additional questions.

Sent on 03/07/2014

Abby · Married on 01/01/2014

Mark Miller did a wonderful job as our wedding DJ. He was very flexible and did a great job reading our crowd and playing the perfect music.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Shari · Married on 12/21/2013

Mark was perfect for our wedding. I was so glad he was recommended to us. He had a perfect feel of the atmosphere; from my 84 year old mother to our 2 year old granddaughter, he had the dance floor packed the whole reception. He knew how to please all ages. He was accommodating with all our requests, was very sweet, and genuinely seemed to love his job of blessing everyone with a good time. Mark definitely was fun to work with, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ with a great attitude and an awesome talent.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Michelle · Married on 11/29/2013

Mark was amazing! He was so available and professional-but also FUN and accommodating. He played every song I requested, mixed it up really well and my guests are STILL talking about how awesome the loungey music was during the meal. Plus he surprised me by having his friend play an acoustic guitar song for us. What a great DJ-5 STARS

Sent on 12/19/2013

miray · Married on 11/02/2013

He is just perfect. Mark made my wedding unforgettable. He can make anyone dance easily with his experience . Thanks a million Mark !

Sent on 11/04/2013

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2013

Mark was very personable and fun. I didn't have many ideas and Mark to care of it all for us.

Thank You!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2013

We just loved the music at our wedding. Mark has an onlibe music planning program and anythibg that was not in his library, he was happy and quick to create an mp3 for us.

He is a lot of fun and also created a smooth flow from event to event. We wanted him to be an emcee as well, so he provided a lot of upbeat and lively hosting type preformance.

Obtime, reliable and easy going.

Sent on 11/04/2013