Strat Kat DJ Reviews

Strat Kat DJ 5
Strat Kat DJ 6
Strat Kat DJ 7

Ellen · Married on 10/27/2018

We were taken car of from start to finish

Mark was so great with my husband and I during the wedding planning process. He was so patient and understanding when it took us months to decide on a DJ and never made us feel we were being rushed into deciding. His song database is extensive and very easy to use. Although he couldn't ultimately DJ for us due to family matters out of town, he basically did our whole timeline for the day, helped me put together the important songs for the ceremony and got us a DJ he trusted to be there for our wedding day. We could not believe how much he cared that our wedding went well! We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Strat Kat DJ's reply:

A true pleasure to work with you and Pat. As I was sorry to not be there on your special day, I was happy to help with the planning, music direction, and getting you a fabulous replacement DJ!

Aaliyah · Married on 09/01/2018

DJ Mark was super easy to work with and plan the type of music we wanted. He provided great ceremony music and filled in music where needed prior to ceremony and during cocktail hour. The reception music was great during dinner, and he had everyone out on the floor pretty quickly after the cake cutting! He gave off a great energy and just kept the party going, on top of that he was also a great MC and did amazing on the introductions, especially for people with names that are commonly mispronounced. Overall we were so glad we went with Strat Kat DJ!

Leigh · Married on 06/22/2018

Mark was terrific! We had very few “must play” songs, and he took the flexibility and helped to create a fun, memorable wedding reception. He handled all announcements professionally, and kept the dance floor full all night. Would definitely recommend.

Esteban · Married on 03/31/2018

Mark was flexible, versatile, involved, professional and personable. Our wedding had many different styles of music and Mark had all the patience in the world to help us find it and organize it for the party. He took requests from the crowd when appropriate and made everyone happy. Had an amazing time thanks to his skills.

michael · Married on 03/10/2018

Mark did an absolutely wonderful job at our wedding. We had a small event, less than 50 people, and Mark had everybody up and dancing the entire time. Very interactive host and everything was perfect. Would highly recommend him!

Mary · Married on 12/02/2017

My wedding flowed seamlessly thanks to Mark's ability to help create and manage a timeline. The music was great all night and I had shared with him beforehand my hopes and concerns and he had suggestions that took care of all of them and made the wedding great for everyone! He's easy to talk to and very professional! He had to travel a little ways for my wedding and was still there early to set up and prepare. He came fully prepared as well! I highly recommend him!

Julie · Married on 04/14/2017

We met Mark at several party's and always enjoyed his music. He did a great job at our daughters wedding. He was early, set up right away. He played all the music we requested. He's always very friendly and cares about others needs.

Kayla · Married on 01/21/2017

I used strat kat dj services for my wedding, and mark was absolutely fantastic. He definitely helped make the wedding. Our guests complimented saying it was the best wedding they have been to. I myself believe that was in big part, because of mark. He made sure that we stayed on schedule. He kept the guests upbeat and on the dance floor. Mark also adapted to change when something didnt go exactly to schedule. I would advise any bride and groom that is looking for a DJ to go with strat kat. I wouldn't have changed anything about the services they gave me. Again, Absolutely fantastic.

Alexis · Married on 12/17/2016

Mark was absolutely incredible!! He was the life of the party and kept everyone out on the dance floor. Our wedding was nearly a year ago and I am still getting compliments and comments on “our DJ” and how much fun everyone had dancing! Highly reccomend hiring mark as your dj for your next event! Mark made our Gatsby theme wedding come to life. He made sure to play something for everyone of all ages and knew how to include everyone and make sure everyone was having an amazing time! Also Mark’s sequin jacket was a HUGE hit!!! One of my favorite pictures from that night Is from my husband borrowing it!

Strat Kat DJ 8
    Strat Kat DJ 14
    Strat Kat DJ 15
    Strat Kat DJ 16

Deana · Married on 11/26/2016

Mark was absolutely amazing! He knew how to work the crowd made the entire night one big party. People were always on the dance floor. We got so many great compliments about the music and Mark from a lot of our guests. Hands down the best DJ any could ask for!

Alexa · Married on 11/26/2016

First of all, I'd like to say that we were planning our wedding from 375 miles away. We didn't even meet Mark until the big day. We communicated entirely via email, yet never once did I have a worry about him! He provided reception/dance music for our small, outdoor wedding. He was super easy and pleasant to work with! He sets you up on a great online portal so he can learn more about what you want and what music you prefer. He knew right away the vibe we were going for. He achieved that and more! I thought for a small guest (30) wedding, it might be silly to have a DJ. But he kept things going the entire night, helping emcee a few announcements too. It's all about the flow of things, and he rocked it! I highly recommend him for any size wedding or event, as he knows his craft well and will take care of providing a great musical atmosphere. Thank you so much, Mark!

Amy · event on: 04/20/2012

Mark was the DJ at our sorority semi-formal and he was absolutely wonderful! There was never a dull moment on the dance floor.

Sent on 04/23/2012

Strat Kat DJ's reply:

Amy, The Baylor Theta's are as cool as as it gets. What a great dance groove and fun for miles! It was a true honor to be part of that great evening with those classy ladies! Mark "Strat Kat" Miller

Callie · Married on 06/03/2016

Great guy! Good music. Super flexible. Great price. Highly recommend!

Jack · Married on 05/28/2016

Mark was excellent throughout the whole process and it was apparent from our first meeting that he was a genuinely cool guy. During all of the planning stages, he was quick to offer advice and feedback (which was definitely appreciated considering this was a new experience for us) but he also totally chill with whatever we ended up deciding, even in the instances when it was contrary to his suggestion. We particularly appreciated his scheduling website, which made it really straightforward to put the wedding timeline, specify songs for particular parts of the wedding, and have a general request and do-not-play list for the dancing portions.

During the wedding itself, Mark always seemed to know when to be professional and proper and when to kick the party into high gear. He worked well with the wedding planner and changes of schedule. The dancing portion was top-notch. Mark was able to get some of the older generation in attendance out on the dance floor and kicking it like they were still young. These were people that I had not seen dance during my entire life. Additionally, we only found out later from some of the guests that the police showed up due to a noise complaint but Mark talked with them and handled the situation without a citation. One of the guests even chatted with the police on their way out, only to find that the police were enthusiastically encouraging the party to keep going and not to turn off the music. The fact that Mark managed to pull that off shows that he knows how to run a party.

To say that we were pleased with Strat Kat DJ would be an understatement. If we ever throw another party (though hopefully I won't ever need to have another wedding), Mark will be the first DJ we go too.

Trey · Married on 10/24/2015

Mark truly helped make our wedding shine. Choosing a DJ is one of many tough choices, but you can rely on Mark to provide an excellent time. When my wife and I were calling DJ's to make our decision, the first thing that struck me about Mark was how genuine he was over the phone. He is incredibly warm and personable and as soon as we hung up, I told my wife, "Let's hire him!" His website makes it very easy to request your songs and place songs on the do not play list. Mark is a jack-of-all-trades and has a variety of suits to show up in, from formal, to western wear, to even what he wears when he is performing in a concert. That's right, he's also in a band, and you know you can trust someone who is passionate about music to know how to read a crowd and keep everyone happy. He helps you with the schedule for your wedding and keeps everything flowing naturally. He is incredibly gregarious and works well with the guests by taking requests and reading the crowd. He also comes prepared for anything. My wife and I have between us 13 nephews and nieces, and he brought tambourines and maracas with him. This helped give our youngest nephews and nieces their second wind. When I think about our wedding, I think about how smoothly the ceremony went (musical cues and all), that the toasts came at the perfect time, and I remember our guests thoroughly enjoying themselves and spending most of the night on the dance floor. Mark played a very big role in making all of this happen, and I couldn't recommend him enough. His prices are very reasonable and you will not be disappointed in selecting him.

Ali · Married on 08/01/2015

Mark was AMAZING! We loved his online portal where we could share information with him including song choice for specific times, requested music, etc. He was so professional and did an fantastic job. After the wedding, I had tons of guests complimenting our music and saying that they didn't want to leave the dance floor. It was a special night and Mark certainly went above and beyond our expectations. I would recommend him to anybody looking to have a packed dance floor at your reception!

Caroline · Married on 06/13/2015

Mark was amazing! He went above and beyond and definitely went out of his way to make sure everything ran smoothly! I HIGHLY recommend him! He's by far the best Dj, he played great music that kept everyone on the dance floor!

Mark was great from the beginning to the end! Whenever we needed anything or had concerns, he responded quickly. He never ceased to be personable, cheerful and professional, and played an extensive list of songs we specifically requested at our event. Mark was on time; he also wore and brought Elvis jackets, and did a little impersonation during our event, which thoroughly entertained the guests. Although he had a lot to compete with at our party (talkative crowd, photobooth, and an attached bowling alley), he got folks out of their seats and dancing! He was responsive to guest requests at the event, and accommodated on-the-spot shifts in the schedule with ease; also, the music was never too loud or too quiet--just perfect. We received several compliments on the DJ during our party and after (I just got another one today from my parents)! We had a smooth, stress-free, and very positive experience, and highly recommend Mark to anyone looking for an awesome DJ!

Mark Rocks! He was the Dj for our wedding that we held at our house in April. He went above expectation and handled all of our last minute changes and plans with ease. He was flexible with our plans and responsive to our needs before and during our event. Our guests were having so much fun on the dance floor, that we ended up asking him to stay longer than anticipated! He had no problem staying 2 1/2 longer than we had originally booked him. We could not have picked a better DJ!

Kimberlee · Married on 04/11/2015

Mark at Strat Kat DJ did an exceptional job at our wedding! He got the crowd dancing before dinner was even over! Not only did Mark play a great selection of music, but he was extremely flexible with us as we moved the schedule around to accommodate the rain for our outdoor wedding. Our wedding coordinator even remarked that he was one of the most professional DJs she has ever worked with. I would highly recommend him to any Austin couple looking for a fun and reliable DJ.

Marina · Married on 03/29/2015

Mark was a terrific DJ and just an overall great person to work with. We had a blast of a dance party – and it was a Sunday night wedding! Would highly recommend.

Kim · Married on 03/07/2015

DJ Mark was hired for our wedding and he really had the crowd dancing. He helped with the flow of the night by directing tables to the buffet, calling attention to cake cutting, toasts, etc. and did it all expertly. Our wedding reception was indoors, but he also set up outdoors so that he could play our exit music I wanted from the ceremony. When we wanted the music to go on a little longer, he was flexible to keep the party going for another hour at a fair price. He worked really hard, and you can tell he's passionate about what he's doing.

Laura · Married on 11/22/2014

Wonderful experience! Easy, pleasant, and fun to work with! :-)

Nate · Married on 11/15/2014

DJ Mark was very attentive and flexible to meet with us prior to our date to ensure everything was in order. We really liked his online system to coordinate songs and the event timeline. We had a blast at the wedding with him and highly recommend his services!