Story & Rhythm Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Bria
    Bria P. Married on 09/10/2022

Speechless and Breathtaking

Tasha was so amazing she capture it the best possible way. Every picture was absolutely stunning! Our engagement photos were complimentary and the were stunning. She made feel like we were in alone. She provided guidance and I made
    Of feel like models naturally.
    Sophie Married on 04/23/2022

Highly Recommend Story and Rhythm for DJ and Photography

I used Story and Rhythm for my wedding in April 2022 for both DJ and Photography. Tosha and Brian are highly responsive, very kind, and do such a wonderful job. Our guests had so much fun dancing during the reception and Brian really helped with the flow of the evening. Meanwhile, Tosha captured so many special moments and the photos were stunning. Choosing Story and Rhythm was such a great decision and I would recommend them to anyone!
  • W
    William H. Married on 10/16/2021

Awesomeness

Very professional, and love the energy they gave
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Marcus C. Married on 09/04/2021

Exceptional and Friendly Service

Tosha was great, hands down!! My fiancé and I had a wonderful time with her, and the photos were great. Tosha did everything with professionalism, from the arrangement to communication. My advice is to book Story and Rhythm for your engagement photos. You will not be disappointed. Thanks again, Tosha, for making this a wonderful experience.

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review Marcus! It was wonderful meeting and working with you guys! Congratulations again!
    Brittany Married on 07/16/2021

Phenomenal Photography!

We are so glad we chose Tosha as our photographer. She captured our day in a way that we will be able to cherish forever. We received so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. I highly recommend Tosha for any of your photography needs.
    Sparker Married on 05/09/2021

Photography and DJ

My husband and I loved working with Tosha and Brian! We met Tosha first during our engagement photo session last year and she also photographed our wedding about two weeks ago. When we first started working with Tosha her personality was so warm and inviting, she made us feel very comfortable. She got to know us, learned us (likes and dislikes) and she never made our session feel rushed. We love how there are questionnaires and lots of email correspondence to make sure things are in line. For our wedding Brian DJ'd our event and did a great job, we received so many compliments on the music that was being played while the guests were waiting and as we took photos! He too was very professional. We loved working with this amazing husband and wife duo! And how could you not absolutely love the name Story and Rhythm they just go so well together!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Shree! Thank you so much for the love! Brian and I truly enjoyed working with you both! Happy New Year to you and your family!
  • Kanisha
    Kanisha F. Married on 04/24/2021

Sensational!

Firstly, we must say that having to reschedule our wedding multiple times during a pandemic was a very stressful time. However, Tosha has a heartfelt spirit that shows her compassion through her work. Her professionalism and flexibility to help accommodate us was phenomenal. We couldn't have chosen a better photographer! She works expeditiously with photo returns. If you're looking for a photographer that is prompt, professional, compassionate, and detailed book with Story and Rhythm! You won't be disappointed!
  • Daniel
    Daniel C. Married on 04/10/2021

Save yourself time and just book Story & Rhythm

What can I say!! Tosha is absolutely incredible. Let's start with the fact that the team's communication is on another level! From the initial meeting, to following up, to accommodating us during COVID; everything was timely, professional, and ridiculously friendly! Then Tosha recommended a videographer as well as give us other recommendations for our wedding.

On our wedding day, she took absolutely incredible shots and has the most amazing, calming, and bubbly personality. My favorite is after she takes a picture, she giggles and says "oh yeah, thats good". How many photographers can send you a sneak peak and you end up being featured?

In all honesty, Story & Rhythm should easily be featured as a top business in NC and SC. Thank you again S&R for everything!!

-Daniel & JoAnna

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Daniel and JoAnna!! Thank you guys so much for the amazing review! That means so much to us! Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your journey! We loved working with you both!
  • Brittny
    Brittny T. Married on 04/09/2021

Amazing experience!

My fiance and I booked Story and Rhythm and had a wonderful experience. Tosha was so nice and easy to work with. She was very responsive and always available for any questions. The photos were wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and would book again without hesitation.

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review Brittny! It was so wonderful working with you guys! Congratulations again!
    Niki Married on 03/27/2021

Dynamic duo

What a dynamic duo! Story and Rhythm are the best at what they do! During the entire time they have been so very professional and courteous. These two were so easy to work with and very accommodating during the pandemic. We had to reschedule our wedding twice and each time they were very reassuring and reasonable.

DJ Brian kept the party pumping throughout the entire Reception! I am still getting calls about how awesome our DJ was! He came prepared with more equipment than requested. He never messed up a name or a song.

Tosha took the most beautiful pictures of us I’ve ever seen! From our engagement photos to the wedding day! She did an excellent job capturing every special moment! I am one happy bride because she made me look like a super model in every photo!

We will definitely be using these two for events in the future!
    Dee T. Married on 02/27/2021

Grandover with The Thompsons

I can't say enough positive things about Story & Rhythm! Tosha & Brian were amazing to work with! We loved the idea of working with a husband/wife team, photographer/DJ duo. Tosha was incredibly responsive and attentive throughout the entire process! Not only did she listen to my ideas and my vision for our phots, but she captured the true essence of our Story and executed flawlessly. We have so many beautiful images from my bridal session, wedding day, ceremony and reception! She was laser focused from the time she arrived until literally the moment she packed up to leave.

Brian also did an amazing job as DJ! Music was incredibly important to me! He did a fantastic job of capturing our Rhythm and ensuring our absolute fav songs/artists were played throughout our special evening.

-The Thompsons
  • Aislinn
    Aislinn O. Married on 07/04/2020

Photos for a life time

The photos were beautiful, she truly listened to what we wanted and got every photo we asked for and some. We got sneak peaks a few days after and she got all of our photos back to us in about 17 days after the wedding. Super sweet lady! She is truly a master in her craft!

Hi Aislinn,

Awww, we enjoyed meeting and working with you guys! Thank you so much for the love and kind words! We wish you guys lots and lots of love!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 11/08/2019

Professional & Accommodating

Stop your search! Story & Rhythm is who you need if you want an easy-going, stress-free photography experience. Tosha was extremely accommodating to all of my last min requests and all of the pictures we wanted to capture. There are Photo/DJ packages that are very reasonable but with just using the photography option alone I still had such a pleasant experience with this company. You always worry about if your pictures will reflect the special moments that you have in your mind. We were racing the sunset after our ceremony and Tosha still captured every loving detal. Thank you!!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Stephanie!! Thank you a bunch for the awesome review! I enjoyed meeting you guys! Your wedding day was so much fun and I'm so grateful that you all reached out to me! Thank you again and congrats again!
    Lemeshia Married on 10/19/2019

No one better!

Tosha and Brian are the best of the best! The epitome of professionalism and outstanding service. I was first introduced to both Tosha and Brian as they provided the photography and DJ services for my cousin’s wedding in May 2017. I got engaged later that year, and Tosha was the first person I reached out to, even before we had a wedding date! Tosha is always very responsive, and whenever we spoke we felt like old friends. I can’t begin to describe how beautiful our wedding photos turned out. Brian had our reception all the way turned up! We surprised our guests with a choreographed dance upon our entrance to the reception, and Brian was so gracious to create a dance mix upon my request. Tosha and Brian also travel! My wedding was in Virginia, although they are based in Raleigh, NC. I couldn’t be more pleased with the contributions that Tosha and Brian made for our special day. I will recommend them both 1,000 times over!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Awww!! You guys made our day today! Thank you so much for this sweet review! Brian and I loved meeting and working with you both! I am truly going to miss our chats, but please keep in touch with us! Congratulations again guys!!
    Tyler M. Married on 10/05/2019

The Best Duo in NC

I cannot say enough about Story & Rhythm! When I was looking for a photographer, I was slightly hesitant about booking because it is a large commitment. Once we met them for our engagement photos, all the worries went away. Story & Rhythm communicated every detail with us- even when we would take forever to respond back! They helped us greatly with selecting music and photo ideas. They were both timely, professional, friendly, and all around amazing! Brian supplied the ceremony music and set the mood for our formal wedding. My family and friends cannot get enough of the pictures and loved the music. While the sticker price was an initial shock- they were worth every single penny. I will highly recommend their photography and DJ services to everyone I know and am definitely planning to use them again!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Guys! Brian and I loved meeting and working with you guys! Thank you for sharing your friends, family and journey with us! Thank you so much for the review!
    Cierra B. Married on 08/24/2019

The bomb. Com

Brian was the dj for my wedding and reception, he definitely kept the crowd hype!! I was dancing,laughing and enjoying my self the entire night! Definitely would recommend Brian, you won’t regret it!!

Cierra and Derrick,

Thanks a bunch for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a great time! Thank you again for allowing me to be a small part of your big day! Congrats and best wishes with everything!
    Jessica B. Married on 07/20/2019

Vendor Turned Family

Story and Rhythm were amazing to work with! They were always available to communicate, worked with us to be sure all our wants and needs were met, and were so personable. By our wedding day, they both felt like family. Tosha truly has an eye for photography and Brian knows how to keep the party going on the dance floor. The delivery of our photos was flawless and we’ve had countless people comment on the quality of our photos. We are so thankful for these two being apart of our special day!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Guys!! Awww! You guys are the best! Thank you so much for trusting Brian and I with your special day! We're going to miss our chats at McAllister's Deli and hanging out with you both! Thank you so much for the amazing review! Congrats again guys!
    Tyler G. Married on 07/10/2019

Our Engagement Photos

We're so happy with our pictures! Tosha was really flexible with us and our surprise engagement photos. We are so thankful for the role she played in our Engagement. Would definitely recommend to friends and family!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Tyler!! Thanks so much for your kind words! It was so great meeting you guys and congratulations again!
  • brittany
    Brittany Married on 07/07/2019

Amazing!!!

Our engagement pictures turned out perfect!!! Can not wait to see our wedding pictures!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for your kind words! We can't wait until your wedding next month!! It's going to be an amazing day!
    Brittney H. Married on 06/15/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Super professional but felt like family

Tosha and Brian were excellent to work with. Initially I started with an engagement shoot that went so well we ended up booking them for photography and DJ services. Tosha was very professional and quick with her responses to any questions we had. She literally treated us like family but with the upmost professionalism. Our photos were amazing and I look at them at least once a week. I look forward to working with them again for future life events but for now I just appreciate how she captured all our black love on our wedding day! Thank you again!

Hi Brittney and Jon,

Aww, thanks a bunch for the review guys! That means so much to us! Brian and I enjoyed meeting and working with you both and can't wait to see where love takes you guys in the future!!
    Alana Z. Married on 05/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing (surprise) engagement shoot!

Tosha photographed my engagement which was being sold to me as a photoshoot for my nephews recent baptism. She was in on the secret of course and did a great job keeping it! I had no idea! On top of that the pictures are soooo gorgeous! She captured the moment without ruining it at all and then did a full shoot with us on our college campus. The pictures are so good we aren't even repeating a planned engagement shoot for our save the dates! We will certainly use her again.

Hi Alana,

Thanks a bunch for the review! Congratulations again! I enjoyed meeting and working with you guys! I loved being in on the surprise and your reaction was priceless!! Best wishes guys!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful!

We hired Brian as our DJ and he was absolutely wonderful! He worked with us closely on our music playlist and knocked it out of the park. Thank you Brian for being a part of our special day- you were amazing and so great to work with!!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Amber! Thanks so much for your kind words! I enjoyed spending the day with you guys! Your beach wedding was beautiful and I had so much fun celebrating with you guys! Congrats again!
    Malarie W. Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing. Beautiful. Kind.

Story & Rhythm was just amazing! They made sure all our wants and needs were met. Tosha captured every special moment of our wedding. Brian was a great host to our very entertaining reception ! I would recommend them to anyone !

Malarie and Zoe,

You guys are the best! Thanks a bunch for the review and for allowing us to be a part of your journey! We had a great time celebrating with you and getting to know you at all of the past weddings! Congrats again guys!
  • Jazmin
    Jazmin Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic Husband and Wife Duo

My husband and I couldn't have picked a better photographer and DJ such as Tosha and Brian. They are a lovely couple and we felt so comfortable with them; even from the first time, we talked on the phone. They are prompt, personable, and professional during the entire process. Our wedding day was bittersweet because we were finally able to put our vision into action, but we knew that our time with Tosha and Brian was going to come to an end. We hope to work with them again in the future. We love you Tosha and Brian!!

Jazmin and Mo,

We appreciate you guys so much! Brian and I loved hanging out with you guys in Maryland and celebrating with you both on your special day! Please don't be strangers! If you're ever in NC, don't be afraid to reach out! Congratulations again!!
    Tiffany Married on 12/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Tosha was amazing and our engagement photos turned out just as amazing!

Story & Rhythm's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thanks so much for the review! I truly enjoyed working with you guys!! Congratulations again and we wish you guys the best in the future!
illustration stars