Stories Captured Reviews

38 | Reston, VA

38 Reviews for Stories Captured

38 Stories Captured Reviews

Valerie · Married on 08/05/2017

Stories captured has done the photography for many of my family's occasions and we are always so pleased by Sam's work! He' s amazing, so great with kids, very helpful in setting up great shots, and takes beautiful pictures. He's the best!

Angel · Married on 07/15/2017

Sam Segal with Stories Captured took lovely photos for our wedding rehearsal dinner. Sam has a knack for making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera, even children and pets! We will always cherish the photos he took, and look forward to using Stories Captured in the future.

Stories Captured 1
    Stories Captured 2

Rachael · Married on 04/30/2017

Sam was absolutely AMAZING at our wedding in April! People were talking about our amazing, fun photographer well after the wedding! Everyone thought he was so wonderful and full of life and definitely someone who enjoys what he gets to do! He showed up right on time bright and early, was very professional, and definitely brought some laughs! His personality can put an anxious bride at ease or make the grumpiest kid laugh! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great all around photographer.

Stories Captured 3
    Stories Captured 4
    Stories Captured 5

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2017

When my fiancé and I wanted to surprise our family with engagement announcements we contacted Sam. I had worked with him several times at my organization and his style was perfect for the image we wanted to create. He worked with our busy schedules and captured our excitement even on a cold winter night.

Scott · Married on 10/17/2016

Sam photographed my wedding. He is a magician with the camera. Every shot he takes is a magic trick waiting to be performed on any onlookers that may view the finished result. Buying Sam for the day not only gets you the best photographer in the area, maybe the country; but the man himself is a joy to behold. He won't fail in making every single person at the event smile with his infectious humor. His grace and natural ability to capture the best side of everyone is such a rare thing to find these days with all of these amateurish Iphone photographers running around. Let me also say that to hire Sam is akin to hiring one of the great artists of the renaissance to paint your portrait; but you don't have to be rich to get him, you just can't be cheap. To sum it up, Sam is an amazingly talented artist who continually works for the little guy when he should be in museums. HIRE HIM, you will NOT be sorry. And for god's sake, tip this man.

Russell · Married on 09/11/2016

We hired Stories Captured for family portraits, not a wedding.

We were so glad we found Sam on thumbtack last summer. He was great at getting really natural shots of my family. My wife and I don't like pictures that look like they're posed and he had us all laughing the entire time. He was great with our kids and I'd recommend him for any photographic need. He's professional but doesn't take himself too seriously. His personality was a breath of fresh air from the day to day life in the DC area.

Patricia · Married on 04/30/2016

Sam went above and beyond for us! Not only do we have engagement pictures that we will treasure forever, but our overall experience working with Stories Captured is one we will not forget! As a couple that is not used to being in front of the camera, Sam was able to guide us in taking our pictures, along with making us feel at ease by having fun! He was open to the ideas of moments we wanted to capture, and with his experience and knowledge, he was able to get shots better than I could have hoped for! I cannot wait to work with Stories Captured in the future!

Kelly · Married on 01/31/2016

Sam gave us a great deal on our wedding photos, and we're so thankful we asked him to capture our day! Our wedding was at Elkridge Furnace Inn, which Sam knew very well. He already had a good idea of where he wanted to get certain pictures (windows, ceremony site, etc) and it felt great to know he had such a good grasp on the venue. And the pictures came out gorgeous! He captured all the sweet moments in the ceremony and the fun times at the reception! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos and would recommend him to anyone! Plus, he's a great dancer, and was a ton of fun at the reception!

Amanda · Married on 10/30/2015

Sam and his team were amazing - they were professional, and clearly knew what they were doing - while at the same time made us feel very comfortable throughout the day. They are a fun, hard-working bunch and we cannot recommend them enough.

Working with Sam was a wonderful experience! There was enough going on during our wedding day, it was nice to not have to worry about the photography - we were confident it was in good hands! Sam worked with us on our engagement photos back in March and was so patient and creative. We truly felt like he cared about us having a special experience, and having photos that could really capture the moment and feeling. If I had to sum up what makes his photography so special in one word, that would be it - feeling. Sure, he'll take the standard posed pictures you want to make sure you have, but the ones you'll really cherish are the candid, in-the-moment shots that he just has a knack for capturing. We just found out that we are expecting(!!), and I can promise you we'll be calling Sam one day for a photoshoot with our little one!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2015

lookong back on my wedding day there are definitely things that I would have changed. Using Stories Captured for my photographer IS NOT on that list. Sam was absolutely amazing and gave me the most beautiful photos I could have ever asked for. His eye for details really put the perfect touch on each and every picture. He was responsive, punctual and over all so much fun to work with. I very much look forward to hiring Stories Captured for our next event and will most certainly be recommending him to everyone! I've said it a million times, but thank you yet again for all of the stunning photos. Looking at them always puts the biggest smile on our faces! Can't wait to work with you again!!

Chris · Married on 06/14/2015

Sam is an incredible talent. He was extremely flexible in making himself available to travel to our destination states away to capture our engagement photos. My wife is not comfortable being the center of attention and believes she is not photogenic but Sam brought out every bit of her beauty and personality in his thoughtful shots. Stories Captured did just that. The background and scenery which were important to us are a 3rd character in our story and we are still impressed with our photos. Sam and Stories Captured are 5 stars!

Cassidy · Married on 04/25/2015

I can not say enough about the outstanding about Sam as a photographer. Sam is a creative and vibrant person who thrives through his medium of photography. Sam captured gorgeous photos on the day of our wedding and during our rehearsal dinner. He was seemingly everywhere, at every table, for every toast, capturing every perfect moment. Sam led everyone to feel comfortable and kept us all laughing. Our photos are beautiful! Having Sam as our photographer was the perfect choice. A genuinely wonderful artist who happens to be a genuinely wonderful human being. Thank you Sam <3

Megan · Married on 08/23/2014

Sam photographed our engagement and wedding. He did a great job, shooting beautiful pictures at both! My groom and I had large families and a long list of staged shots we needed to accommodate all the family members and a tight timeline to get them all and he got it done! Prior to the wedding he had 3 pre-wedding calls with us (at our request) to discuss the planning, he was very helpful, professional and talented!

Charlotte · Married on 06/22/2013

This chap is the best at capturing the heart of a person. If you want spectacular photos you need Sam!

Stories Captured 6
    Stories Captured 7
    Stories Captured 8

Colin · Married on 05/24/2012

Sam has always been a responsible, communicative, and hard working young man with a outstanding attitude. He was prompt on all assignments and went the extra mile on several separate projects, taking on leadership and team roles in a variety of positions. His friendly demeanor stands out in society that doesn't always take that into account. He is a trustworthy and dedicated person who would excel in just about any company or role.

Colin · Married on 05/21/2011

I have the unique perspective of working with Sam as a subject and a photography colleague. I have seen him work in many different environments, using completely separate styles to create bold and unique perspectives. I can confidently say I am a fan of his style and skills. He even taught me several things that I use in my work today.

What will help make this work stand out though, is Sam’s unique ability to relate to subjects which helps produce better results.
    I know many wonderful photographers with a good eye. I don’t know many that have a refreshing take on photography and make the shoot, wedding, etc, a fun and professional experience at the same time.

I can not recommend him enough.

Steven · event on: 04/23/2006

I hired Sam to photograph my first son's Bar Mitzvah back in 2006. We really enjoyed his photographs and ended up hiring him two years and again six years later for their, respectively, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs.

Sam was quick and worked to make everyone smile, sharing his process with us all along the way. He was an amazing asset and make each day magical. I hope you have the chance for Sam to capture your day. His photographs are something we cherish.

• I

Isabel · event on: 12/30/2017

I needed to get professional photos of myself done and wanted something that was more than just a boring headshot and I'm so glad I did this! I really don't consider myself a photogenic person and would've been thrilled to get one really decent picture out of the bunch but ended up with probably a dozen. I wanted to change the date/time at the last minute and he was very accommodating and flexible with that as well. Very pleasant and easy to work with and you can tell he really loves photography and is good at what he does.

Esther · event on: 01/04/2015

We got to know Sam as a young photographer just starting out. He worked for us for an amazing price, but also did beautiful, creative, artistic work. We love good photography and his beautiful black and white candids grace the walls of our home. Even his set piece portraits were shot with creativity and style.

Cindy · event on: 11/13/2010

Sam was a wonderful photographer to work with. He shot photos of the family before the service and shot the entire party afterwards. He caught the true essences of the moment. I highly recommend him for any occasion.

Jonathan · Married on 08/20/2016

Sam is an incredible photographer and did everything right to capture the beautiful moments of our wedding without being intrusive in anyway. He was communicative and responsive, and we couldn't recommend his enough.

Meghan · Married on 09/06/2014

Sam and his team were -- really -- the best of the best!! What they were able to capture during out day ended up being so honest and intimate. He went above and beyond, making sure everyone was comfortable and that not only I was happy, but our parents and grandparents! The patience and real love for the work is unbelievable. My husband and I are truly over the moon with the amazing pictures we have. Amazing job!!

Adam · event on: 11/24/2013

I would have selected all of the attributes for this recommendation if EventWire allowed me. Sam was incredible to work with as a photographer.

I specifically hired Sam to take photos of my proposal to my fiance, however he went far above and beyond. He assisted with the planning, setup, and took brilliant photos in the process.

The photos that I needed to be taken were a once in a lifetime moment that I wanted captured. Sam's professionalism, expertise, and reliability set him apart from others making him an obvious choice for the job.

I definitely would use Sam again and recommend him to anyone who has an important event that needs to be captured.