37 Reviews for Stories Captured

Matted Prints (1)
Negatives (1)
Save the Date (1)
29 Stories Captured Reviews

Stories captured has done the photography for many of my family's occasions and we are always so pleased by Sam's work! He' s amazing, so great with kids, very helpful in setting up great shots, and takes beautiful pictures. He's the best!

Profile Picture Valerie, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam Segal with Stories Captured took lovely photos for our wedding rehearsal dinner. Sam has a knack for making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera, even children and pets! We will always cherish the photos he took, and look forward to using Stories Captured in the future.

Profile Picture Angel, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

When my fiancé and I wanted to surprise our family with engagement announcements we contacted Sam. I had worked with him several times at my organization and his style was perfect for the image we wanted to create. He worked with our busy schedules and captured our excitement even on a cold winter night.

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sam photographed my wedding. He is a magician with the camera. Every shot he takes is a magic trick waiting to be performed on any onlookers that may view the finished result. Buying Sam for the day not only gets you the best photographer in the area, maybe the country; but the man himself is a joy to behold. He won't fail in making every single person at the event smile with his infectious humor. His grace and natural ability to capture the best side of everyone is such a rare thing to find these days with all of these amateurish Iphone photographers running around. Let me also say that to hire Sam is akin to hiring one of the great artists of the renaissance to paint your portrait; but you don't have to be rich to get him, you just can't be cheap. To sum it up, Sam is an amazingly talented artist who continually works for the little guy when he should be in museums. HIRE HIM, you will NOT be sorry. And for god's sake, tip this man.

Profile Picture Scott, 10/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Stories Captured for family portraits, not a wedding.

We were so glad we found Sam on thumbtack last summer. He was great at getting really natural shots of my family. My wife and I don't like pictures that look like they're posed and he had us all laughing the entire time. He was great with our kids and I'd recommend him for any photographic need. He's professional but doesn't take himself too seriously. His personality was a breath of fresh air from the day to day life in the DC area.

Profile Picture Russell, 9/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam went above and beyond for us! Not only do we have engagement pictures that we will treasure forever, but our overall experience working with Stories Captured is one we will not forget! As a couple that is not used to being in front of the camera, Sam was able to guide us in taking our pictures, along with making us feel at ease by having fun! He was open to the ideas of moments we wanted to capture, and with his experience and knowledge, he was able to get shots better than I could have hoped for! I cannot wait to work with Stories Captured in the future!

Profile Picture Patricia, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Sam gave us a great deal on our wedding photos, and we're so thankful we asked him to capture our day! Our wedding was at Elkridge Furnace Inn, which Sam knew very well. He already had a good idea of where he wanted to get certain pictures (windows, ceremony site, etc) and it felt great to know he had such a good grasp on the venue. And the pictures came out gorgeous! He captured all the sweet moments in the ceremony and the fun times at the reception! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos and would recommend him to anyone! Plus, he's a great dancer, and was a ton of fun at the reception!

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/31/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Sam and his team were amazing - they were professional, and clearly knew what they were doing - while at the same time made us feel very comfortable throughout the day. They are a fun, hard-working bunch and we cannot recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Amanda , 10/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Working with Sam was a wonderful experience! There was enough going on during our wedding day, it was nice to not have to worry about the photography - we were confident it was in good hands! Sam worked with us on our engagement photos back in March and was so patient and creative. We truly felt like he cared about us having a special experience, and having photos that could really capture the moment and feeling. If I had to sum up what makes his photography so special in one word, that would be it - feeling. Sure, he'll take the standard posed pictures you want to make sure you have, but the ones you'll really cherish are the candid, in-the-moment shots that he just has a knack for capturing. We just found out that we are expecting(!!), and I can promise you we'll be calling Sam one day for a photoshoot with our little one!

Profile Picture User6383822, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards, One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot

lookong back on my wedding day there are definitely things that I would have changed. Using Stories Captured for my photographer IS NOT on that list. Sam was absolutely amazing and gave me the most beautiful photos I could have ever asked for. His eye for details really put the perfect touch on each and every picture. He was responsive, punctual and over all so much fun to work with. I very much look forward to hiring Stories Captured for our next event and will most certainly be recommending him to everyone! I've said it a million times, but thank you yet again for all of the stunning photos. Looking at them always puts the biggest smile on our faces! Can't wait to work with you again!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam is an incredible talent. He was extremely flexible in making himself available to travel to our destination states away to capture our engagement photos. My wife is not comfortable being the center of attention and believes she is not photogenic but Sam brought out every bit of her beauty and personality in his thoughtful shots. Stories Captured did just that. The background and scenery which were important to us are a 3rd character in our story and we are still impressed with our photos. Sam and Stories Captured are 5 stars!

Profile Picture Chris, 6/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can not say enough about the outstanding about Sam as a photographer. Sam is a creative and vibrant person who thrives through his medium of photography. Sam captured gorgeous photos on the day of our wedding and during our rehearsal dinner. He was seemingly everywhere, at every table, for every toast, capturing every perfect moment. Sam led everyone to feel comfortable and kept us all laughing. Our photos are beautiful! Having Sam as our photographer was the perfect choice. A genuinely wonderful artist who happens to be a genuinely wonderful human being. Thank you Sam

Profile Picture Cassidy, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam photographed our engagement and wedding. He did a great job, shooting beautiful pictures at both! My groom and I had large families and a long list of staged shots we needed to accommodate all the family members and a tight timeline to get them all and he got it done! Prior to the wedding he had 3 pre-wedding calls with us (at our request) to discuss the planning, he was very helpful, professional and talented!

Profile Picture Megan, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

This chap is the best at capturing the heart of a person. If you want spectacular photos you need Sam!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam has always been a responsible, communicative, and hard working young man with a outstanding attitude. He was prompt on all assignments and went the extra mile on several separate projects, taking on leadership and team roles in a variety of positions. His friendly demeanor stands out in society that doesn't always take that into account. He is a trustworthy and dedicated person who would excel in just about any company or role.

Profile Picture Colin, 5/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have the unique perspective of working with Sam as a subject and a photography colleague. I have seen him work in many different environments, using completely separate styles to create bold and unique perspectives. I can confidently say I am a fan of his style and skills. He even taught me several things that I use in my work today.

What will help make this work stand out though, is Sam’s unique ability to relate to subjects which helps produce better results.
I know many wonderful photographers with a good eye. I don’t know many that have a refreshing take on photography and make the shoot, wedding, etc, a fun and professional experience at the same time.

I can not recommend him enough.

Profile Picture Colin, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam is an incredible photographer and did everything right to capture the beautiful moments of our wedding without being intrusive in anyway. He was communicative and responsive, and we couldn't recommend his enough.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam and his team were -- really -- the best of the best!! What they were able to capture during out day ended up being so honest and intimate. He went above and beyond, making sure everyone was comfortable and that not only I was happy, but our parents and grandparents! The patience and real love for the work is unbelievable. My husband and I are truly over the moon with the amazing pictures we have. Amazing job!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)
4.7

What more can I say? Sam was incredibly accommodating and flexible up with us even on our big day. He knew all the best places to photograph around our venue and was able to capture amazing moments from throughout our day. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a personal or wedding photographer in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)
4.7

Originally, I'd hired Sam just to take photographs of the wedding. However, in the months leading up to our day, he shared with us videos he had taken of other weddings and knew he could make us something truly special. The day of, when he showed up with just one assistant, we were a little worried about what he might get but wow did he deliver. I know I've watched out video at least a hundred times and I know my wife has watched it even more. The feeling that they were able to get in the video and in the photographs is crazy. I'd recommend Sam and Stories Captured if you want something you'll never forget.

Profile Picture Marcus, 4/2/16, 1 Review
4.7

tl;dr Best photographer we hired throughout the course of our wedding and engagement.

Like most couples, we did engagement photos at the behest of our friends and family. They were...fine. We used a photographer who came recommended but I didn't really like how processed the final images looked or how many fake/posed photos he asked for. For our wedding, we actually hired several photographers because it was rather large; of those, my wife and I both agree that Sam took far and away the best pictures. There are a few reasons we think this:

1) Framing and composition. Sam's is extremely good. Most genuinely good photographers will have a good sense of this, but there are a far larger number of people with a camera who will take your money to take pictures than there are genuinely good photographers.

2) Lighting and light balance. He is the only photographer we hired who I saw actively checking white balance for different areas and thinking very consciously about lighting. I'm not going to fill this review with links, but a couple google searches will turn up many studies showing that lighting has an *enormous* difference on photograph appearance and quality, and I think a lot of photographers neglect this.

3) Capture of important moments. This one is sort of intangible and hard to describe if your wedding hasn't actually happened yet. But, there will be moments you are in that you will later think "gosh, I hope someone got a picture of that." This one is more a talent than a skill, I think, but Sam was great at catching these. I prefer this kind of photo vastly over posed photos, so this was really important to me (and is probably the biggest reason I liked his photos so much). We certainly had plenty of posed shots, of course, because it's good to have those photos for cards/albums/etc, but the spontaneous ones I find are much more meaningful.

Overall, we were extremely satisfied with the quality and breadth of the photos. 100% recommend.

Profile Picture Charlie, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints

Stories Captured was the best decision we made for our wedding. Sam and his partner were somehow able to seamlessly capture all of our happiest moments throughout our wedding day. My partner and I are beyond thrilled with his work. I think what was best of all was getting the photos back in just two weeks!

I would highly recommend using Sam's team for anything! Next time I'm asked if I know a photographer, I know who to call :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography

Sam and David of Stories Captured made an amazing team tackling our wedding! Sam had communicated with us for months leading up to the big day and David was very nice and friendly. The whole day went seamlessly as they made everyone smile and laugh while taking amazing shots! I'd recommend Stories Captured to anyone looking for great photographs for a wedding or otherwise!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We chose Stories Captured for our engagement and wedding photos back in 2014 in Pennsylvania. We worked with him over the phone and he came to a county fair for the engagement shots. We were very pleased with his work and he able to capture our love in all his photographs. If you're looking for a photographer, I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Mike & Tricia, 8/9/14, 1 Review