29 Reviews for Stop and Stare Events

Event Design (2)
Partial Planning (2)
Non-Religious (2)
To-Do Lists (1)

I hired Kristen as a month of coordinator for our July 2017 wedding. We also went through Stop & Stare Events for our DJ (DJ Sota) and our photobooth. Every service that they provided was excellent!

Kristen was incredibly responsive every time I emailed her with a question or concern. In our first meeting, it was my mom, fiance and me. Despite the three of us being a bit all over the place, Kristen was able to engage in the conversation (or side bar anecdote) with us and then get us right back on track. I left that meeting and looked at my mom and fiance, and said, "I already feel 100% better knowing that Kristen is on our side and in charge the day of. I don't have to worry so much."

As any bride can attest, the planning process takes on a life of its own and you don't even realize what you don't have ready until someone brings it up. Kristen was SO on top of everything. She had all of the lists I needed help me remember what I needed to get done, gather, make, buy, etc.

We had a large bridal party (8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, plus family and a dog as our ringbearer), so our rehearsal was quite the scene! However, Kristen was able to wrangle everyone together and coordinate our rehearsal in a way that felt productive, but also fun. She was the right balance of focused and flexible, which I greatly appreciated. Also, she is an expert at gently transitioning people back to the topic at hand, which was critical throughout the rehearsal and subsequent conversations and moments.

On our wedding day, everything - from our perspective - was absolutely perfect! Nothing went wrong - or if it did, no one told us. Everything was on time and everyone had an absolute blast! I created a bunch of decor myself and Kristen and her assistant did a wonderful job at setting it all up to execute our vision. All in all, going with Kristen (and Stop & Stare Events) was the best decision we made! Our day was perfect and it is all thanks to them!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristen is fantastic. She is super organized, professional, and we trusted her completely to make sure the wedding day ran smoothly. Not only was the day perfect, she was also extraordinarily helpful during the months leading up to the wedding. We couldn't recommend Kristen enough -- truly excellent!

Profile Picture dani, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristen and her team were great! Very organized and made sure to walk us through every step of our special day beforehand with the rehearsal. They took care of all the vendors perfectly. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Jordan, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Kristen as our day-of coordinator for our wedding on 11/6/16, and we could not be happier. We were planning a pretty standard wedding and to be honest, we were not initially anticipating hiring a coordinator for the day. But as the day got closer our work schedules became really intense, and we decided to find one to alleviate some of the planning stress. This was one of the best decisions we made, and Kristen absolutely rocked it.

She knows weddings inside and out. Kristen didn't just cover the day-of - she was one the phone with us before the wedding, getting all of our information, and handling every detail. She ran our wedding rehearsal, which was one of the things that kept me the most calm (since it basically eliminated the "what are we going to do/how is this going to go?" factor). And on the actual wedding day, we didn't have to worry about a single thing. Kristen and her assistant handled every little bit, it was incredible. My mom even made several comments to me afterwards about how awesome Kristen was and how she was so glad that we brought her on for the wedding.

Even if you are trying to keep things simple, I'd highly recommend Kristen. She is so sweet, professional, and completely worth it!

Profile Picture Meg, 11/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Stop & Stare for our wedding was the best decision ever. We used them for month of coordination and worked with Kristen and Korin. They were both so nice, helpful and really on top of things. Kristen did the timeline for the event and Korin ran the rehearsal and was the main person on the day of. Korin really went above and beyond. She dealt with all of the vendors the week before the wedding, making sure they knew timing, drop offs, pick ups, etc. It was incredibly helpful having her do that since there was a million other things I had to take care of. On the day of, she really brought my entire decor design to life. It far exceeded my expectations. She dealt with all of the vendors and made sure everything was executed to perfection. I honestly can't even imagine what the day would have been like without her there. I got many compliments from my family, bridesmaids and even some of the guests about how good of a job she did and how amazing the wedding was. I cannot thank Korin, Kristen and Stop & Stare Events enough!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious

Don't think twice! book this vendor. Kristen and her team were amazing. We never could have done this without her!

Profile Picture Patty, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I absolutely loved working with Kristen throughout our wedding planning. She was professional, organized, and helped me stay calm. The day of the wedding was flawless. I would highly recommend hiring Kristen for any wedding planning needs. She's the best!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Kristen as a coordinator and she was so impressive from beginning to end. We ended up hiring her and her husband who is an amazing DJ/Emcee - best decision ever - they are a seamless power duo team.

Since we paid for our wedding ourselves, my goal was to find the best coordinator I could find for the best value. From the start she was quick to provide super valuable feedback of my ideas. Her vendor references and insight through the process were all top notch. She knows EVERYONE and had references for any price point. She really respected where we were budget wise, and also respected our time and was super flexible leading up to our day. My wedding itself was very challenging -a multi level outdoor estate location that was up and down stairs, with family that was sensitive to each other, and I was a bit OCD and very specific with how I wanted things to look. I made this ridiculous spreadsheet of large and small details, and she was not phased the least bit -- she handled everything with grace and professionalism, and made sure it was all executed day of. She took SO MUCH off of my plate making sure everyone was squared away right before my wedding.

My wedding was undoubtedly my dream come true, and I really do owe a part of that joy to Kristen and her team. Her DAY-OF performance and rehearsal walk thru performance was SUPERB. She managed my huge wedding party so so well, and had great ideas to improve the flow, where people stood etc. etc. She really thinks of details you don't think of, and don't want to be worried about on your wedding day. If there were issues, she handled it without me even knowing. She is the best liaison for any bride, her wedding party, the event itself and your vendors. I cannot speak more highly of her and her team, and her husband.

Profile Picture Destin, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristen from Stop and Stare Events is just amazing!!! We were hesitant to hire a day of coordinator since I plan events for a living and we felt we didn't need one but now, after the wedding, I can say it was the best money we spent!! You can't put a price on your own happiness and ease on your wedding day!

Our wedding day was such a blur and we couldn't focus on any details or stay on track for anything so luckily we had Kristen (and her assistant Haylee) for that. They were both so helpful and kind. They managed the timeline of the day and organized everything. They handled every request we had with ease and really helped to make our day calm and enjoyable. A lot of the time, I wouldn't know the answers to things and Kristen would give her advice and best practices of what people have done in the past. All in all, Stop and Stare Events is an awesome company and Kristen was amazing to work with. I can't recommend her and her team enough!! If you are on the fence about a day of coordinator, like I was, trust me, it is the best money you will spend!! I seriously recommend them to anyone getting married, they will help make your day amazing!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Kristen was great! Her eye for design, confidence in organization, and sweet attention to the bride and groom's needs/wants is exactly what you want in a wedding planner. We would absolutely recommend their services!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious

I recently got married and hired Kristen for my Day of Coordinator and let me tell you- I AM SO THANKFUL that I did. Kristen was amazing and really helped us with our last bit of planning a month out from the wedding. My husband and I really enjoyed meeting with she and our DJ to help map out our wedding day- it definitely made me feel good knowing that she was running everything.

We had been engaged for a year and a half and so I had ideas and notes about every tiny aspect of our wedding... borderline extreme OCD with everything planning related and I am very used to doing things myself because I know how I want things to look, so I was thinking that I was going to have a very hard time letting someone else control each aspect- where the candles go, where which picture frame goes where, how I wanted the wedding favors and table numbers etc. etc. Well to my pleasant surprise- the first meeting I had with Kristen I felt immediately at ease. Come the wedding day I wasn't nervous about how anything was going to look or go- I totally trusted Kristen and her team and my day went seamless! In fact I have no idea if there was a problem or if something went wrong because it was already taken care of by her. My husband and I decided to have a sneak peak of the reception room before all of the guests came in so we could see how everything looked and we were totally blown away- the smallest details that I had written out for her were executed perfectly and even the candles at our cigar bar looked better than I could have imagined with her arrangement of everything. I could go on and on about how great it was working with Kristen. Take it from one OCD bride who never likes help to have her BLOW ME AWAY with how well everything was done- I Highly Highly Highly recommend Kristen and her team! She is so great and also just a sweet person to work with. Thank you for everything Kristen! :)

Profile Picture Hillary, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

All services were wonderful. Kristen was a pleasure to work with and such an amazing help for the wedding day which was magical. Couldn't have done it without her!!

Profile Picture Linda, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I hired Kristen for our wedding that took place last month in September. It was definitely one of the best decisions I made as far as vendor hiring for the wedding. She was super professional yet, very fun. Her and Korin rocked the day of our wedding. I love Kristen! She helped us out even months before the wedding even though I only paid for her day of service. She cared, and that's what meant most. Although, I didn't work much with Korin since she spent the most of the day helping the bride and her bridesmaids, they couldn't stop talking about how awesome Korin was and the little time I spent with her towards the end of the wedding proved they were right! Both Korin and Kristen were awesome. I recommended them to all family members and friends that asked how I planned such an amazing wedding. I'm hoping those friends and family members take my advice so I can have another opportunity to party with them again! Thank you girls SO MUCH! Lorena and I were beyond lucky to have you by our sides!

Profile Picture lorena, 9/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

One of the best decisions I made during the wedding planning process was hiring Kristen as our day of coordinator. Our venue required us to bring in all of our own merchants and I quickly found myself overwhelmed by the entire process. Once we chose to work with Stop and Stare Events, the stress of planning our wedding quickly turned to fun. Not only did she have fabulous referrals, but she coordinated all of the vendors I had already chosen. Kristen was friendly and took the time to address (and solve) all of my concerns. Although we used her for day-of services, she was very assessable throughout the entire planning process and even took time to check in with us if she hadn’t heard from us in a while. She took care of EVERTHING on our wedding day including setting up, keeping us on track during the event, and cleaning up. All we had to do was show up and have a good time!

Profile Picture User4841299, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Having a wedding planner, even day of, made our wedding so much easier to plan! A big help!

Profile Picture Crystal, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Kristen Black of Stop and Stare Events is amazing! She is professional yet warm and friendly. She was the Wedding Coordinator for my daughter's wedding. We had particular challenges because of an outdoor rustic venue--nothing phased Kristen! I knew the moment I met her that we were in good hands--she was organized and asked all of the right questions. She worked on and prepared a Timeline for the day of the Wedding in concert with all of our vendors, which went flawlessly. She was able to understand our "vision" for the wedding, and was good at adapting to what we wanted while making suggestions to improve upon what we thought we wanted!! She was prepared, competent, hard-working and supportive…and fun! She had assistants who worked with her who were also hard-working, organized and competent. Working with Kristen and her crew was a real pleasure. I would NOT hesitate to endorse her, recommend her and work with her again in the future.

Profile Picture Dana, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Kristen and Stop and Stare Events for our April wedding at Malibou Lake Mountain Club. At first we weren't sure if we needed a day-of-coordinator, especially considering all of the other costs of wedding planning. However, hiring Kristen was one of the best decisions we made - she was the one of our favorite and most valuable vendors we worked with and I would pay 5x as much for the quality of service she provided.

Over the course of the months leading up to our wedding we had several phone calls, and met in person to do a venue walk-through. She was extremely organized, professional and helpful without being overwhelming. Time and time again, Kristen went above and beyond what we expected: from reaching out to all our other vendors to make sure our wishes were honored and any issues were ironed out, to setting up an elaborate and beautiful Persian wedding spread for our ceremony.

We would not hesitate to recommend Kristen and Stop and Stare Events to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator. She is great at what she does and a really lovely person on top of that. Thanks for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture User4240151, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristen is a five star coordinator. I can't say enough good things about her. I didn't know if I needed a coordinator but it was the best money I ever spent and I'm so glad she was there. There are so many details a bride needs to think about and she took care of everything. I think the most important part was so took that stress off my shoulders and I didn't worry she I had 100% confidence in her to make the night seamless. And oh man did she deliver.

She went to our venue on her own time with the DJ and they mapped out a floor plan for us. Who does that?!! Kristen does. It was something I was stressing about and she just took that right off my plate. Then we had a decor meeting and she went home and did a mock up table on her own dollar to give me an idea of how our tables would look. She also gave me some great ideas on how to tie together my theme with some backlighting, pipe and drape and some small floral arrangements. She helped me save so much money buy being creative and honest about what I really needed and didn't need.

She took care of ordering my floral arrangements (she drove all the way to Fullerton for me!), ordered napkins/linens, ordered and coordinated pipe and drape, ordered my seating chart banner and affixed it, coordinated my cake delivery an payment, coordinated my party rental delivery, venue details everything my god she is incredible.

The week of my wedding she offered to pick up all my decor and bring it to the venue for us. That was seriously the best thing ever. I had no clue how I was going to get everything there and she just took that off my plate in one swoop.

On the day of my wedding she didn't bother me with any details, she took care of EVERYTHING. It was the most relaxing day. After the reception was over she stayed to break down and pack up everything. When I came the next day everything was labeled and organized. I'm so impressed with Stop and Stare Events. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Laura, 12/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Awesome experience and the best money we spent, couldn't imagine having done without!

Profile Picture User4619286, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristen was amazing to help our wedding day run perfectly! We were initially supposed to have our October wedding in Cabo but due to a devastating hurricane 3 weeks before our wedding date, our entire wedding was canceled. Scrounging to make it happen , we decided to have our wedding in Newport. We finally had some luck come our way and were able to find all our vendors and a location available. Everything ran smoothly and more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Thank you Stop and Stare Events!

Profile Picture Carly, 7/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristen and Dakota were amazing to work with, both of them understood exactly what my husband and I envisioned. They were easy to get a hold of and made great suggestions, especially when I couldn't make up my mind on things. Our wedding day went smoothly and it is all due to the coordination that was there that day! I would recommend them to anyone, we really do appreciate all of their hard work and effort to make our day perfect. Thank you guys. :)

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Kristen as a day-of wedding coordinator. From the moment I hired her, Kristen was extremely attentive and sensitive to my bridal needs. She offered wonderful referrals for other vendors and regularly checked in with me - ensuring that she was on the same page every step of the way. She was in contact with all of my vendors, and when another vendor "dropped the ball," she stepped it up and made sure that the ceremony ran smoothly. During the day of the wedding, she was a calming and organized presence on a very crazy (but lovely) day. Thank you for everything, Kristen!

Profile Picture User3357350, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was referred to Kristen by a friend who also used her services and only had great things to say about her. After personally having Kristen as our wedding coordinator, I can confirm that she was great at her job and was really nice while doing it.

We hired her a little late because we thought we could take care of everything by ourselves and didn't think we needed a coordinator. Boy were we ever wrong. To make a long story short, she went above and beyond her job "specifications" in order to make sure we had a nice and beautiful wedding. She even helped us after the wedding was over (hence her job was done) when we had some issues with the venue that our wedding was held at. I'm talking days, not hours. Thanks for everything Kristen!

Profile Picture James, 1/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Kristen with Stop and Stare events as a day of coordinator for our wedding. Kristen was very responsive, knowledgeable, organized and professional in the days leading up to our wedding. She created our entire day of timeline and made suggestions on how she thought the day would flow best.
On the day of she made sure all of the items we had for the ceremony and reception (i.e. escort cards, pictures, guestbook, etc.) were all in their proper place and were returned to us at the end of the night. More importantly, she made sure that our bridal party and family were in the proper place. :) I loved that I didn't have to think about anything to do with the coordination/preparation aspect of the day—Kristen did it all for us! The day went so smoothly and we know that a large part of that was due to Kristen.
We are so happy we decided to hire a coordinator and would highly recommend Stop and Stare Events!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

You don't have to think twice, just call her. Kristen is awesome to work with. She took care of everything, and only thing that i had to do was just enjoying my day. Thank you so much Kristen!!

Profile Picture User3611698, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews