Stonegate Manor Reviews

Stonegate Manor 5
Stonegate Manor 6
Stonegate Manor 7

Nikki · Married on 06/16/2018

Where to start! We had never been to St. Joe and planned our wedding from across the country. We would never have been able to do this without Prudy and Tom at Stonegate. Prudy spent an hour with us as we decided on venue. She recommended excellent catering, floral and wedding planner options. She was so quick and responsive through the entire wedding process, always going above and beyond to help us in planning.

When the amazing day arrived, my husband and I were absolutely awestruck at how beautiful the venue was. The fairy garden ceremony felt like we were getting married in a Disney Cinderella garden. Our loved ones enjoyed mingling between outside with lawn games and tearing up the dance floor inside. Our day was truly beyond our wildest dreams.

Thank you so much to Tom and Prudy @Stongegate for such an amazing day.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you, Nikki. We wish you and David all the happiness in the world!

Cait Potter · Married on 03/24/2018

Beautiful venue & professional staff

Stonegate Manor is a beautiful venue with amazingly friendly staff. As a photographer, my job is always infinitely easier with a gorgeous venue like this one. From the bridal suite to the main house to the reception hall, I was continually blown away by how pristine the venue is. And we haven't even talked about the grounds! The outdoor ceremony space is the stuff of dreams and there are so many amazing nooks and crannies for photos all over. This would be a great venue for any couple to tie the knot!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Susan · Married on 10/07/2017

We are so grateful to Stonegate Manor for making our day perfect. We love the natural feel of the space- the trees, the gardens, the lawn. Our guests had plenty of room to roam. The lawn games that Prudy and Tom provided were so much fun. We didn't think people were going to come in for dinner!

You can tell a lot of effort and love was put into making this a lovely space. The vinitage items are exquisite and unique. The vendors that Prudy suggested did a great job! Loved them all. It was just a great experience all in all and we are thrilled we found Stonegate Manor. We just happened to see it on google as we were leaving another wedding venue!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Autumn · Married on 08/20/2017

What a charming venue and grounds! As soon as I drove in, I was struck by how beautiful the home, bridal cottage, and reception hall are. The buildings have clearly been lovingly and creatively restored from their original 1800’s design. The interior of all of the buildings have been decorated with unique and elegant décor. The grounds are immaculate and showcase lush grass, beautiful hydrangeas, a gorgeous lilac bush, and well-kept trees.

Stonegate Manor has two outdoor ceremony sites – and they’re both so pretty it’s hard to choose which one to use! There’s a beautiful white bridge over a small trickling waterfall for the bride to cross over to the ceremony site in front of the Manor. The site in front of the Manor is quite unique because it uses the original stone walkway for the aisle and the original foundation for the ceremony itself. The ceremony site tucked away in the forest struck me as both relaxed and elegant.

I can’t say enough great things about Prudy, the owner of Stonegate Manor. She worked with my hectic schedule to take my mom and I on a tour and truly took her time showing us everything and answering all of our questions. She has been incredibly fast at replying to all of our emails and has been fun and enjoyable to plan with! She offered several great suggestions about decorating, customization options, and ways to make my wedding day fun and memorable.

If you’re looking for a gorgeous ceremony and reception venue with a relaxed, fun planning experience, I highly recommend Stonegate Manor. I’ll be having my wedding here this summer!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so very much for your most kind words! August is going to be a beautiful month for your wedding! We are looking forward to it!

Lisa · Married on 07/08/2017

I simply cannot say enough good things about Stonegate Manor. I'll try to keep this review short and to the point, but they were awesome in several specific ways that I want to mention.

First, I was an out-of-state bride. I had found the venue on-line, and they held my date for 2-3 weeks before I could get to Michigan to check it out.

Second, the owners, Tom and Prudy, are the nicest people. They respond quickly to e-mails, and even send you e-mails with suggestions or updates about the property and vendors they work with.

Third, the property is stunning. There is a Victorian rental house, a bridal cottage, and the reception hall. All I had to provide for decorations were the centerpieces. They also have a stash of common decorating items you can borrow (most are free, but some come with a small fee) if you need to. The bridal cottage comes with a bathroom (plus bridal emergency kit) and a make-up mirror area. It even has a small kitchen area with fridge and sink so you can have snacks while getting ready. I had probably 10-12 people in there at various times and it never felt crowded.

Fourth, they have 2 ceremony sites, the Pergola and the Fariy Garden. And this is where they really showed how awesome they are! I REALLY wanted the Fariy Garden site, it is a nice shady glade in the woods. They had experienced heavy rains leading up to my wedding, making the Fairy Garden wet/muddy and maybe un-usable. Tom and Prudy went above and beyond to make the Fairy Garden happen. They laid out a plywood aisle, and had rugs up at the front so my dress wouldn't get muddy and the guests could get to their chairs without sinking into the ground.

Prudy and Tom provided such a personalized wedding experience, I cannot imagine getting married anywhere else. They really care about making your day perfect for you.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Tina · Married on 04/05/2017

This is the most beautiful venue I've ever seen. You have all the outdoor space, the woods, the pond and all the flowers. Plus you have this awesome reception room with crystal chandeliers and all sorts of vintage touches like an antique carved bar and unique wall treatments. The bathrooms are large and upscale with granite countertops and a really funky chandelier in the ladies room. The covered veranda is perfect for when your weather isn't! A great place for cocktails and conversation. Love the light spheres! Even in winter the Fairy Garden looks like a special place. Can't wait to see it when everything is green! This venue has everything you need for a great time and lends itself well to decorating to reflect your own style.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you Tina! We are thrilled that you love Stonegate Manor, we are looking forward to the Spring garden and woodland foliage at Stonegate Manor as well :)

Joanne · Married on 11/26/2016

This venue is beautiful. There is a beautiful home with antiques, wonderful foliage and grounds, and an awesome venue hall. It is a blank slate and you can do with it as you wish. The owner is really easy to work with and responsive. You can tell she really wants you to have the best experience! We loved it here and would definitely recommend it to any friends wanting to get married up in Michigan!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Chelsea · Married on 11/05/2016

The week before my wedding, my photographer contacted Stonegate Manor to see if we could take some post wedding photos there. They graciously allowed us to use their site for photos and even provided us with a vintage jaguar for some photos. The site is absolutely beautiful and allows for many unique photo opportunities.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Stonegate Manor's reply:

We were delighted to be part of your day!

Katherine · Married on 09/16/2017

Stonegate Manor is absolutely charming! My fiancé and I fell in love with the old timey feel. This venue is perfect for anyone because of its versatility. The owner was extremely helpful and kind throughout our experience and made our wedding dreams come true. I am so thankful and happy that Stonegate Manor will forever be apart of our lives. Absolutely gorgeous venue and owners!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Amy · Married on 07/15/2017

It only took one visit before my fiance and I fell in love with the venue, and it wasn't even finished! We've been welcomed to come back and see the venue as it nears completion. All e-mails and messages are responded to very quickly. The property is beautiful and will allow us to celebrate the whole day, wedding and reception, at the venue!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Brooke Bigford · Married on 06/22/2019

Our experience here was very positive!

A beautiful, vintage wedding venue offering old-fashioned charm!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thanks so much Brooke! You make such a lovely couple. We know you have a wonderful future together. We wish you and Mitch all the best!