Stone Manor Country Club Reviews

217 | Middletown, MD

217 Reviews for Stone Manor Country Club

Eric · Married on 10/04/2013

We had our wedding on Oct 4, 2013 at Stone Manor. No amount of 'thank you' can explain how wonderful Stone Manor and the staff is. Brian was there at every step, guiding us for our event. Email questions were answered in a timely manner. The grounds was stunning! The manor house is gorgeous. Everything was wonderful. Could not have been happier! Thank you Stone Manor. Thank you.

Highly recommended. 6 out of 5 stars!!! :-)

Sent on 10/28/2013

Lexi · Married on 09/22/2013

Stone Manor was the first venue I toured back in February. Even covered in snow, I knew it would be foolish to look any further at any other venue. Brian immediately won over not only my husband and I, but my parents too. He addressed all of my concerns and immediately started working with us to make sure our wedding day would be flawless, and it was. Brian & Loree were quick to answer all my calls and emails. They think about literally EVERYTHING you need to have a smooth running wedding day. The correspondance with them was really one of the things I enjoyed most about Stone Manor. Brian & Loree made wedding planning as painless and effective as possible.

Rehersal was quick and easy! We went through a "dry run" for good outdoor worthy weather, and a "wet run" as a back up plan for rain. The Stone Manor staff is able to flip flop between set ups on the day of, just incase weather is bad. This was a HUGE piece of mind for me.

My husband and I were married Sept 22nd (a Sunday...this place books up fast!). They day was beautiful- 70s, sun, and big white clouds. The tent was beautiful. The house was beautiful. Our guests gave us so many compliments on the venue. Our ceremony was at 4:30pm, and reception started at 5:20.

I would highly recomend using Carriage House for your caterer if you chose Stone Manor. The two vendors work as a team effortlessly.

When you book Stone Manor, not only are you getting a beautiful ceremony spot, a gigantic reception tent, a bed and breakfast suite (if you choose to book a room for the night), and access to countless picture spots, but you get Brian as a great management source who's staff is really on top of things!

Our big day went flawlessly without a hitch. It was perfect. I would recommend Stone Manor to anyone looking for a great & picturesque wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2013

We are so glad that we chose Stone Manor for our wedding. It is a beautiful venue and Brian and Loree are awesome to work with. They were there to answer questions leading up to the wedding. Brian was great the day of the wedding making sure everything ran smoothly, we were able to relax and thoroughly enjoy myself the whole night without a worry. So grateful to them for everything!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Angela · Married on 09/14/2013

I got married at Stone Manor 3 weeks ago. It was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Brian, Lori and the staff at Stone Manor are helpful and completely attentive. Anything we needed or wanted they were there to make it happen. When I had questions while planning I could call or email and I always got a response, and quickly. When it came to the day of, Brian and Lori were there to make sure everything went to plan and on time. The venue itself is the most amazingly beautiful place I could have ever dreamt of to get married. From the stone building, to the vineyard and the tent all of it is kept immaculate. The grounds made for the most amazing pictures. I would recommend Stone Manor to anyone looking for a venue that is beautiful, clean, well run, and staff that is helpful and professional, then Stone Manor is the place for you.

Sent on 10/20/2013

My husband and I had a amazing experience working with the staff at the manor. Being an event manager for a living I was very pleased and highly recommend the venue. Venue helped make our wedding pictures beautiful!

Sent on 11/24/2013

natalie · Married on 08/10/2013

When we were shopping for wedding venues, I found myself getting disappointed with SOMETHING about every place I went to. If I loved it when I first walked in, that usually meant there was a huge price tag on it too. Or it was too small. Or it was too dingy looking on the inside.

The second I got out of the car when I came to visit Stone Manor, I fell in love with the place. It's BEAUTIFUL! It holds a lot of people comfortably (we had over 200 guests) and the price is so reasonable that it's almost too good to be true.

On top of all that, Brian and Loree are SO great to work with. I didn't have a wedding planner/coordinator so I was nervous about conducting all of this on my own. I didn't have to worry about that at all. Brian and Loree are so on top of things. Rehearsal and the ceremony went smoothly and they pinged on me when they needed information before the wedding such as my vendors list and they took care of the rest to make sure they had the proper insurance and confirm arrival times. I'm so glad I didn't drop all that money on a wedding coordinator because I really didn't need one at all.

Overall, this place was awesome. We had the best wedding, it was EPIC. It was perfect and truly the wedding of my dreams. I wish I could relive that night every day.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2013

Brian and Loree were a delight to work with. They're kind and fun but also responsive and professional. I never worried for a second about things going smoothy on their end.

The venue is gorgeous but not over-the-top. We got married in July, and everything was so incredibly green and lush that we let the space speak for itself and added little decoration. It worked well for us. But, if you wanted to do more, I think it's a great space and you could have a ton of fun making it your own.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Susana · Married on 07/06/2013

We had both the ceremony and reception at Stone Manor. Brian and Lori were extremely patient and helpful at answering all of our questions. One of the best suggestions Brian gave to me was the Horse & Carriage (provided by Carriages of the Capital) - hands down, one of my favorite parts of the wedding, as well as our guests'. We must've visited Stone Manor at least 6 times before our wedding, and each time, Brian was able to accommodate us despite their busy wedding schedule. Almost all but one of our vendors (Carriage House, Carriages of the Capital, Shew-Sical, Inspired Photography/Photography by Susie, Custom Cake Design, Ye Old Liquor, AlbanCat (AC rental), Le Mariee) came from the "Preferred Vendors List" Brian provided, and all of the vendors were superb. They all knew the specifics and logistics at Stone Manor so for many of them, all we had to do was write the checks, and everything else was taken care of. Stone Manor is such a beautiful venue, so very different from where we live (New York City - Manhattan). On the wedding day, Brian made sure everyone was where they were suppose to be and all I was ordered to do was relax and drink lots of water, and of course have fun.

Brian mentioned that they just opened a second location (off of Rt 15) for weddings, and I can only imagine how awesome that place is.

I highly recommend Stone Manor to anyone looking to have a beautiful, fun, and stress free wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Beth · Married on 06/30/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Brian and Loree and Stone Manor itself! We fell in love with the venue before we even got out of the car, and we felt completely comfortable with Brian as soon as we met him. The ceremony was gorgeous and the cocktail hour and reception went off without a hitch. Brian and Loree were a joy to work with- helpful, professional, and not without a sense of humor. We stayed at the Manor the night of the wedding and had a lovely breakfast in the morning. Needless to say, I highly recommend Stone Manor to anyone looking to have an outdoor wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2013

bryan · Married on 06/08/2013

We were married at Stone Manor June 8th, 2013. We have nothing but positives to say about Stone Manor, and most importantly Brian. He is mentioned in the other reviews for good reason - he is all-star caliber at what he does. Our wedding went off without a hitch and all of the fine details we had planned so long for were amazing and very well coordinated by Brian and his team. Brian is very fast at responding to phone calls and emails and he has a way of envisioning everything you are saying and helping to ensure that your dream comes true on your wedding day all while taking away your stress and worries. The grounds are breathtaking at Stone Manor and the manor very elegant. We would recommend it and most importantly the service that you get from Brian in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Brian and Loree were awesome, two of the nicest people you will ever meet! I wasn't a very "needy" bride so I didn't have to contact them all the time over the course of the year before the big day but whenever I had questions they were very quick to respond. I was lucky enough to have absolutely gorgeous weather on my wedding day and Brian and Loree both helped it go as smooth as possible. There wasn't one problem whatsoever. I would recommend Stone Manor to anyone who was considering it. The price you pay for what you get in return is one of the best values around and we looked at many places. I couldn't have asked for a more wedding perfect day!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Erin · Married on 05/31/2013

My husband and I were married at Stone Manor on May 31 and it truly was everything we could have ever hoped for. So many of the reviews here mention Brian and his team, and for good reason. We did not hire a wedding planner/coordinator and did a lot of DIY decorating, so I was a little worried about how everything was going to come together in the end. I am here to tell you that Brian and his AMAZING vendor listing is all you need at Stone Manor. Aside from the fact that this is by far the most beautiful venue in the area (and we saw a lot of them), all of the day of coordination happened without a hitch. There is a recommended caterer here (and a fee if you do not use them), but there is no need to go elsewhere - the food was fantastic and many of our guests commented that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Also, Brian and Loree were so easy to communicate with throughout the process, always replying to emails quickly and very flexible if we ever wanted to come visit the venue with a parent, etc. We would recommend Stone Manor (and Brian's vendor listing!!) without any hesitation and look forward to returning to stay in their B&B for our anniversaries!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2013

Stone Manor Country Club is an incredible venue. Brian Childs is truly a wonderful person to work with. He is cheerful, able to work with people that have differing opinions, and extremely responsive. Whenever I would email him, I would get a reply from him or Loree very quickly. There did come a time when I had some concerns and he answered them honestly and thoughtfully. He reassured me and when my wedding day came I was so happy I chose this venue. Stone Manor is extremely gorgeous- the pictures on the site don't do it justice- if you have a good photographer there are so many different places where you get amazing photographs. More than that though is the service that comes with it. Although it is on the more expensive side, it is worth it for the beauty of the venue, the constant service from start to finish, and for the support you receive from Brian and Loree.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Kristen · Married on 05/18/2013

Fabulous location and fabulous staff! Stone Manor is truly a hidden gem, even growing up 5 miles from the property! Lorie and Brian are just amazing to work with. I have also had the pleasure of working with Stone Manor professionally as well and they are always a treat to work with! Great value!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Our wedding at Stone Manor was a dream come true. I am impressed by Brian and Loree's time and attention to details, and their ability to organize and manage all the moving pieces. They prepared us for rain or shine and helped us herd our wedding party!! Despite rain 40 minutes prior to our ceremony, Stone Manor still offered to follow through with an outdoor ceremony! With a few minor glitches, Brian quickly and successfully mitigated the situation. We could not be more pleased with our wedding day! We will cherish our memories for a lifetime. One last time - thanks Brian and Loree for making it possible!

Sent on 05/19/2013

First, the grounds were beautiful on our wedding day. Everything was in pristine condition. Second, Brian and Loree were incredibly organized and as a result, the whole wedding, from the ceremony to the recepetion went as smoothly as possible. Everyone talks about how something always goes wrong on the wedding day but that was not the case at Stone Manor. There was not a single misstep. Also, in the time leading up to the wedding, Brian was responsive to all our questions and concerns. It was really the perfect venue. We couldln't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Marissa · Married on 03/23/2013

The Stone Manor Country Club (Bed and Breakfast) in Middletown, Maryland is the perfect venue for a wedding ceremony and reception. In late March 2013, we had a quaint wedding with our 50 guests in the garden of the Stone Manor with cocktail hour and reception inside. This 1800s Manor has tons of charm and character and added a touch of class and elegance to our big day. Brian did a wonderful job making sure that our ceremony and reception stayed on track and that guests were in the right places at the right times. Brian is a pleasure to work with and was always responsive to our questions and needs. Vern and Aster prepared an amazing made to order breakfast for our guests each morning and are great people. The rooms at the Stone Manor are large and four of them even have large accompanying sitting rooms complete with fireplaces. This is a great venue for a wedding or for a weekend away from the city. The Stone Manor is charming, the people are great and the price is right.

Sent on 04/20/2013

Susan · Married on 10/20/2012

As soon as my husband and I stepped foot onto the property, we knew that Stone Manor was the place for our wedding. My husband and I were married at Stone Manor on October 20, 2012.

The service that we received from the staff and their preferred vendors was absolutely amazing! Brian and Loree made everything about my wedding day easy, and kept me on schedule. I could not have imagined a day more perfect! Even at my rehearsal, when my family started to stress me out about selfish things that we had already discussed, Brian stepped in and took care of it so I didn't flip out!

Stone Manor is an absolutely gorgeous venue... they have a stellar reputation, and definitely live up to it.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Brian and Lori were great and wonderful to work with. You do not have to worry about anything. Their number one priority is your wedding. The venue is beautiful. Although it rain the day of my wedding, the ceremony had to be in the tent, everything turn out well and without any worries. My husband and I stayed the night at Stone Manor, the rooms are beautiful. The breakfast the next day was delicious and the innkeepers were so nice and accommodating. I would definitely recommend getting married at Stone Manor.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Amy · Married on 09/30/2012

My wedding day had what every bride fears - rain. But no matter, the staff worked so well with everyone to make sure that the day still ran as smoothly as possible. This venue is so gorgeous. The best way to describe it is: garden fairytale. I was dissapointed that I was not able to use the outdoor venue because of the rain, but the tent provided a beautiful plan B. All the guests commented on how much they loved the Manor and the decor. I would definitely reccomend this venue to any bride. From start to finish, the staff were wonderful to work with, and I would choose this venue every time - rain or not :)

Sent on 02/26/2013

Kristen · Married on 09/29/2012

It was honestly a complete JOY to work with Brian and Loree! They were extremely responsive and were quick to answer any questions or concerns that we had. They were exceptionally flexible when it came to things that we wanted to do for the ceremony. Without them and their hard work I don't think that my wedding would have been as wonderful as it was.

Sent on 10/12/2012
  • Future Mrs. Villari

Christina · Married on 09/28/2012

My husband and I were married on September 28, 2012 at Stone Manor Country Club. All I can say is WOW! The venue itself is beyond beautiful and Brian and Loree are so friendly and easy to work with! I emailed them several times a week in the few months leading up to our wedding and they were always so responsive and helpful. And Brian made our wedding day such a breeze. Even though we hired an outside day-of coordinator, his smiling face was still around the entire day to make sure everything was perfect for us and our guests. They also provide all of their couples with a preferred vendor list...USE IT! All but one of our vendors was on the list and that was the best decision we could've ever made. All of our vendors knew each other and the entire day went off without a hitch! To anyone out there questioning weather or not to book Stone Manor Country Club, I'm here to tell you to DO IT! You won't regret it!

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 09/16/2012

Thank you Brian, Loree and the rest of the staff at the Stone Manor for a wonderful and stress-free experience! Everyone who works there is professional and attentive. My now-husband and I were looking for a venue that had a rustic/country charm appeal but we had trouble finding one that fit all of our needs. One of our major requirements was to find a facility that was extremely handicap accessible since several of our grandparents and family members have limited mobility and use of wheelchairs. The Stone Manor provided the perfect combination of the look and feel we wanted while providing the staff support and handicap accessibility the other venues we looked at couldn't provided.

The day of, everything went off perfectly. We had some day of changes, (my fault since the location I picked for the ceremony wouldn't fit everyone who had RSVP’d!) but Brian and the rest of the staff did a great job accommodating and adapting to the changes while keeping my stress levels at a minimum! They also did a great job keeping the day moving and on schedule. I feel like all I had to do was show up the day of the wedding and they took care of everything else.

This is an experienced staff and they know weddings! They were open and excited to my ideas and helped make my wedding a dream come true! Thank you again for such a lovely experience.

Sent on 10/25/2012

jan · Married on 09/15/2012

Brian and his team at stone manor made our daughter's wedding flow smoothly and flawlessly from start to finish.They were so accommodating and gracious, and bent over backward in their effort to make this wedding the day we had all dreamed of! Beyond that ,they did it all with smiles and a sense of humor;something that kept us all calm.They thought everything through,so that all we needed to do was celebrate a joyous occasion! .I highly recommend this gorgeous venue to future brides ,or anyone looking for a special place to host an event.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Julianna · Married on 08/25/2012

Brian and Loree made everything wonderful! They were patient, kind, and very helpful. The innkeepers were also fantastic and I would highly reccommend that anyone getting married at Stone Manor spend the night for the excellent breakfast made by the innkeepers the next morning! Wish I could do it again, it was so beautiful!

Sent on 10/22/2012