Stone Manor Country Club Reviews

217 | Middletown, MD

217 Reviews for Stone Manor Country Club

My daughter was married at Stone Manor, and we couldn't have been happier with the venue. It is absolutely gorgeous. All of our guests commented on how lovely the venue was. Brian and Loree were always quick to answer our emails, and Brian kept everything moving along smoothly on the evening of the wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Stone Manor Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the complements and also for choosing Stone Manor as your venue. It was a true pleasure to serve you. Please come back and celebrate with us for years to come!

When my husband and I decided to get married, I was just about to leave the country. We ran around looking at practically every wedding venue in Frederick County in two days. Despite the hasty decision, I am SO glad we chose Stone Manor. I don't think we could possibly have chosen a better venue. Stone Manor is absolutely beautiful. We didn't have to bring in huge floral arrangements or an arch or other decorations for our ceremony, because the natural backdrop of stone wall, stately trees, manor house, pond and fountain was already so naturally gorgeous. A bridesmaid told me she kept hearing guests saying things like "Oooh, we have to get a picture over here!" throughout the cocktail hour. Brian and Loree are very knowledgeable, professional, and efficient, and they helped everything run smoothly. If you have your heart set on a particular caterer, you should be aware that Stone Manor is not as flexible as some venues when it comes to choosing caterers. You pretty much have to go with the caterer they work with, Carriage House. HOWEVER, I can tell you that the food that Carriage House served at our wedding (salmon & prime rib) was honestly some of the best wedding food I have ever had, the portions were generous, and it was very affordable! Stone Manor partners with Carriage House for a reason. Just trust them on this one. :) You should also be aware that the dressing rooms are not available to the bridal party before noon. This was slightly frustrating because my MUA had to start at 11, and I would have liked to get my hair and make-up done at Stone Manor. But this was not a big deal, and overall I was very very happy with Stone Manor. I wholeheartedly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Stone Manor Country Club's reply:

Thank you for hosting your special celebration at Stone Manor and thank you for taking your time to give us a review. Come back to celebrate many anniversaries! Wishing you all the best!

Donna · Married on 07/17/2015

Stone Manor is beautiful and provided the stunning backdrop for my daughter's wedding! Brian and Loree were wonderful to work with made sure everything ran smoothly! I highly recommend them for professionalism and wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Stone Manor Country Club's reply:

Donna thank you for the kind review. The pleasure was ours. Wishing you a lifetime of dreams that come true! Come back to visit us.

The best and most beautiful venue for our daughter's wedding this past June. The house, the grounds, the tent were beautiful and the staff was wonderful to work with. We booked well in advance for a Saturday in June, had good email communication and cooperation. Choosing Stone Manor was one of our best decisions and we had a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Stone Manor Country Club's reply:

Thank you - clients like you are the best! Thank you for celebrating with us. Please come back to see us!

We were recently married at Stone Manor and could not have asked for a better ceremony and reception venue. When we booked Stone Manor there were 18 inches of snow on the ground, even then we could see how beautiful the venue was. Our guests were impressed with how well kept the grounds were. We have received tons of compliments about how gorgeous everything was! Brian and Loree were always quick to respond to all my questions and were accommodating to our requests. The day of the wedding Brian made sure everything was perfect for us! Thank you!!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Stone Manor was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. We heard nothing but fantastic comments from our guests about how beautiful Stone Manor is and a great site for the wedding and reception. The weather couldn't have been better (well, maybe a little cooler) but I never heard one complaint from any of the guests. I am so glad I was able to provide fans at the last minute when I saw it was going to be on the warmer side. I'm just so thankful it didn't rain.

Brian Childs is fantastic to work with and very flexible. I really just can't rave enough about Stone Manor. I almost wish I had another daughter getting married, because I would choose Stone Manor all over again.

Sent on 05/15/2015

Carol · Married on 11/01/2014

Our daughter married there on November 1 and we could not be more thrilled with the venue .Brian and Loree helped us plan the day by always answering all questions we had in a very prompt manner. They are truly professionals in this business and you cannot find a better duo to work with in planning your special wedding. The Manor is in a beautiful country setting that helps set the scene for a romantic wedding. We looked at several venues and are absolutely positively pleased that this was our choice. I was worried about the agenda and about suspenses but it flowed beautifully. Brian was very professional in his approach in making sure that all things ran smoothly. We also relied upon his Vendor List and we must say that there was not ONE disappointment, all performed to the letter of their contracts and beyond. Very nice people to work with at a time that is very trying for the family given our desire to have things proceed perfectly. Thank you Brian and Loree for a wonderful day and we give Stone Manor Country Club a superior rating that can go no higher. Best to you and to all brides that choose this wonderful venue. You will never be sorry you did!

Sent on 11/04/2014

We got married at Stone Manor on 10/25/14 and we couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! Brian and Loree are so organized and will help you have the day of your dreams. We appreciated their quick response to any question we had and their ability to be flexible with anything that we needed to make our day more special. The grounds are beautiful and maintained immaculately. We are still hearing rave reviews about the wedding site! We recommend this venue to anyone looking for an incredible place to hold their ceremony and reception!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Emily · Married on 10/24/2014

Writing a review online just does not do Stone Manor justice. This place has it all! My husband and I fell in love with the venue the second we got there. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the tent is spacious and a perfect canvas to customize your wedding to whatever look you are trying to achieve, and Brian & Loree are absolutely fabulous to work with! If I had a question or concern, it was answered within hours, not days/weeks like some of the horror stories I've heard about working with other venues. We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful both the ceremony AND tent setup was, and we just could not have been happier with the way our day turned out. Brian and Loree are truly the best in their industry, and they know all the right people to make your wedding day special. If you are a bride in the "venue shopping" phase of your wedding planning, you MUST tour Stone Manor Country Club; it is a truly unique and beautiful location for the most special day of your life!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Carley · Married on 10/18/2014

Everything about this place and the people who run it are magical.

The quiet, country backdrop was exactly what we were looking for - we got married outside, beneath the trees to the side of the Manor house and it was perfect! The grounds were in impeccable condition for our big day and all of our guests loved having a real tent structure, as the evening turned quiet chilly quickly.

Brian and Loree are just the best!!! We had the best time getting to know them during our planning process. They were so accommodating and always so responsive to our questions. Our direct family, my husband, and I stayed in the Stone Manor B&B rooms the night of the wedding ... and it was the best idea ever!! Guests left around 10:30pm but our family kept partying with more drinks and Panera sandwiches :) The following morning breakfast was absolutely divine!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Minty · Married on 09/05/2014

Stone Manor Country Club was amazing! Brian and his staff are the best in the business. All my guests enjoyed the ceremony and reception. Definitely stay at the manor the night after your wedding and enjoy the next day breakfast. We wouldn't choose any other venue to have our wedding.

Christopher and Minty

Sent on 10/15/2014

Mariam · Married on 08/23/2014

I loved working with Brian and Loree - they were so helpful throughout the process and on the wedding day! The venue was beautiful and I have gotten so much positive feedback from all of our friends! I highly recommend Stone Manor!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Mary Jane · Married on 06/21/2014

Our daughter got married a few days ago at Stone Manor. It was the most wonderful wedding. The bride, groom,wedding party and bride's parents stayed at Stone Manor both Friday and Saturday night. The Inn Keepers John and Debbie treated us like family.They couldn't do enough for all of us. The breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday was fantastic.
    We booked my daughter's wedding over a year ago. We met with Brian who takes care of everything , and I mean everything. We just knew we would be in good hands.On the day of my daughter's wedding it was raining in the morning and there was a potential for rain during the ceremony.Brian managed to keep us all calm and had a plan B in place. Fortunately the rain held off and the ceremony went on as planned. I cannot imagine a more beautiful place for a wedding or more wonderful folks to help execute the wedding of your dreams. Thank you Brian, Laurie, John and Debbie.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Brian and Loree and the staff at Stone Manor go above and beyond! I never felt anxious because they handled everything. The whole process went smoothly and they also have great recommendations for vendors which we used. Everyone should be so lucky to have Brian and Loree run their wedding. I feel so grateful that my wedding day went so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. It was truly a pleasure to work with them! - Maureen Ryan

Sent on 07/21/2014

I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at Stone Manor in June. It is such a beautiful venue! During the reception, we had a full dance floor and kids running around outside the tent. There is also no need for a day of coordinator, as Brian and Loree took care of everything and took a lot of the stress off of me. This venue is a standout among the venues in the Frederick area!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2014

If Stone Manor is on your list of potential venues, you can stop searching you've found it. We were nothing but impressed with this venue from our very first visit. The location is beautiful and there are no shortage of spots for the perfect photo. Brian and Lori are great to work with, always just an email or phone call away. On the day of they left this bride completely at ease and they were amazing when we wanted to keep the party going just a little longer, helping our Dads talk to all of our vendors about staying just half and hour longer. We could not have imagined a better location for our wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2014

I absolutely loved Stone Manor the moment I walked around. Brian was great showing us around and was able to answer all our questions. I could not have been happier having picked Stone Manor. Brian and Loree were there to help along the way, they gave us great suggestions for other vendors, the ones we used were exceptional. I loved that they had the B&B, my husband and I rented out all the rooms for our family members an we carried on the party in the B&B after the main party ended. The Inn Keepers were so friendly and helpful and the breakfast they made for us was delicious. Overall our experience with everyone at Stone Manor was great! I would recommend it to anyone who wants a beautiful back drop for their wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2014

I have nothing but good things to say about Stone Manor! Brian was one of the main reasons we chose this location. He is AMAZING! Talk about a man who gets things done. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor setting and tent reception. Also due to it being a B&B you can do what we did and rent the whole place out for after the reception so the party can continue with close friends and family. With the help of my mother (the wedding planner) and Brian i had the best day of my life. Cheers to a happy Bride!

Sent on 05/13/2014

rachel · Married on 04/26/2014

Stone Manor was absolutely the most perfect place for us to have our wedding. Compared to other venues with the same set-up and vibe, it was more cost efficient (we looked throughout Northern Virginia and Southern Maryland), and/or the grounds were better maintained. The house is great, and the staff are very pro-bride, making your day as seamless and stress-free as possible. Brian and Loree were fun to work with, as they run the day's events leading up to the ceremony. The gardens were gorgeous, as we got lucky that weather held out to have the ceremony outside. However, I felt confident in our back-up plan of using the tent. Overall, it was a great place to start our lives together.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Giavanna · Married on 04/11/2014

LOVE this wedding site. It is beautiful and made a great place to take pictures. The tent was very nice and very spacious. Brian was great. I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day. The whole day ran very smooth with Brian at the helm.

Sent on 04/25/2014

Jeff · Married on 12/07/2013

My new wife and I were privileged to have a gorgeous and romantic December wedding at, perhaps, one of the most stunning venues in the nation!!! Stone Manor brings authentic, classic charm and modern opulence together, creating, for us and our guests, what was a stunning event!!! We heard, almost exclusively, from each guest, that ours was the most beautiful wedding they ever attended. It felt as if the pages of a treasured and classic novel came to life in the rich elegance of Stone Manor; and we were privileged to be married in that atmosphere. We owe these compliments to the good folks at Stone Manor. Everything, down to the huge and majestic suites, to the morning breakfast by the fireplace, Stone Manor is SECOND TO NONE!

Sent on 12/08/2013

James · Married on 11/15/2013

Exceptional service, very accommodating and conducted are ceremony and reception with flawless precision. Brian and Lori were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and truly wanted to please their customer.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Cristin · Married on 11/09/2013

We had our wedding on November 9, 2013 at Stone Manor. I would rate the experience at Stone Manor 6 out of 5 stars!!! The grounds were stunning, the manor house is gorgeous, and Brian Childs and the staff are outstanding. Everything was wonderful – perfect really! We could not have been happier!

We also used Carriage House Catering – the preferred vendor – again 6 out of 5 stars – the food and service was excellent and well-presented. We have received numerous compliments on how good the food tasted. Jeanne and the staff are experienced and professional and did a wonderful job.

Main Street Sweets – recommended by Carriage House Catering – perfect wedding cake and great mini desserts! Extremely easy to work with and a seamless delivery of a wonderful product - 6 out of 5 stars!

Sent on 11/20/2013

SO wonderful! Brian was great to work with!

Sent on 07/16/2014
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/25/2013

We honestly couldn't have selected a better wedding venue! We LOVED our wedding at Stone Manor and our guests continue to rave about the venue. We also stayed in the B&B as guests and had a wonderful time; breakfast was delicious.

The venue's aesthetics were perfect, inside and out. The property has a little of everything - vineyard, pond, barn, bridge, gravel road, mountains on the horizon. The gorgeous views are idyllic and serene. Inside, the house is perfect for photos as well, with mirrors creating many beautiful and unique shots, a sweeping staircase, fireplaces, lovely furniture, and clean, attractive facilities for guests. Stone Manor's owners, Brian and Lori, were patient and easy to work with and made us feel special and valued. The innkeepers (Lori's parents) are equally wonderful. We appreciated Stone Manor's flexibility in letting us bring family to view the property several times in advance of the event and Brian was a FANTASTIC day-of coordinator. Everything went perfectly; we were truly thrilled with the services provided by Stone Manor.

We visited a number of venues in MD before selecting Stone Manor. In addition to the factors listed above, we especially liked that Stone Manor was reasonably priced and also allowed us to supply our own alcohol. We saved a lot of money! Also, there were no prohibitions regarding candles and most other decorations; Stone Manor is a lot more flexible than other venues we visited. While there were some reasonable limitations, we could generally decorate and use the property as we liked.

The only negative comment I have is that you're virtually required to use their partner caterer, Carriage House. (That, or pay a $500 fee and loose access to the onsite kitchen.) While we genuinely loved the STAFF at Carriage House, we would have preferred the food offered by a few other caterers. Nonetheless, Carriage House offers a fine product at varying price points for clients. Good value, great staff!

Sent on 12/29/2013