Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Reviews

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 5
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 6
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 7

Kristine · Married on 06/04/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead is a fabulous wedding venue! We recently hosted our daughter's wedding there and the day was everything she dreamed it would be and more! The grounds and barn are immaculate and gorgeous.. They have paid attention to every detail to help make the day seamless and easy. The staff was amazing and provided guidance in the early stages of planning on up to the wedding day. We were so happy with this venue and can't say enough about how accommodating and helpful everyone was. The newest addition of the tobacco barn provides a beautiful space for indoor weddings and the sprawling grounds gives your guests places to relax and have fun. We loved this place and know you will too.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Kristine, your daughter is incredibly talented and so organized, yet so delightful to work with! It has been a wonderful journey getting to know your family over the past year and a half during the engagement period. We couldn't be happier for all of you and we know the years to come will be filled with many wonderful times together. May God bless you and your family!

Linda · Married on 05/29/2016

Dawn Waltman, from Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens, was so very helpful in planning and coordinating my daughter's wedding on May 29, 2016.Her planning services come with the venue fee. She was easily reached via phone or email and met with us several times.
    The venue is perfect.The gardens and decor are beautiful.It is truly a family affair because her daughter and husband provide onsite flowers, decor and bartender services. We also chose many of the vendors because they had worked there before and worked well together. On the wedding day, everything went smoothly and Dawn was there in case we needed anything and she "ran the show!" I am so grateful for all of her help!
    Emily and Jeremy's wedding was so lovely .We had the service outside in the gardens. The cocktail hour was also outside. The restored tobacco barn was available in case of inclement weather. The reception was held in the restored grand barn. We availed ourselves of many extras including yard games, ice water in an antique cart, and a popcorn bar filled with flavored popcorn for favors.
    I would recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens to anyone! It was a very special day and our guests are still complimenting us on the wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Linda, what a wonderful experience it was to work with you throughout this journey. Emily was such a kind, caring bride to work with and you can be proud to be her mother. You gave Emily the wedding day of her dreams and that is something she will always remember. Take care my dear friend and enjoy the continuation of this wonderful journey!

Emily · Married on 05/29/2016

Our wedding was a dream thanks to the hard working team at the Homestead. Dawn, our coordinator, Megan (Pearls & Petals) flowers, and Brian (bartender/grounds) ensured that we were prepared and had everything we needed on our big day. Dawn did an impeccable job handling challenging dynamics and if we had to do it over again, we would pick the Homestead. Their list of preferred vendors make planning easy and a breeze on our big day. Oh my, I almost forgot to mention the grounds! They are beautiful! We got married in the garden and had our reception in the Grand Barn. It was beautiful. We also appreciated that if the weather did not permit we had the option to get married in the newly renovated Tobacco Barn! From one bride to another- look no further!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Emily, we miss you and Jeremy! Nothing delighted us more than hearing that you loved your wedding day! The two of you expressed such kindness and love for each other and it was evident as your planned your special day. Thank you for choosing Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens! May your years together be filled with much happiness and joy!

Brittany · Married on 05/28/2016

The entire property is just gorgeous! The grand barn is a beautiful setting for the reception. If it rains, don't worry the tobacco barn is stunning and will make you forget about the weather outside. The staff there listens to every request and goes above and beyond to make it happen. There are plenty areas for your guest to hang out and enjoy the day. My favorite thing about the Homestead is after dinner when the doors to the barn are open and people can dance outside, play yard games or enjoy the fire. It is a very welcoming environment and was perfect to compliment my wedding!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Brittany, you did such an amazing job with all the ideas you had for your wedding day! We all loved watching you soak up every moment throughout the day. Such a picture of calm you were! Thank you for embracing the unique qualities of the Homestead and allowing them to make your day a "one of a kind"!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is by far the best venue around! From the first time meeting with our coordinator, Dawn, my husband and I felt at home. We knew right then and there that it was the place for us. Everything about the planning process was a breeze, and they worked with me every step of the way to make sure that my vision/dream came to life. Our wedding day was right out of a fairy tale. Our ceremony was held in the "Tobacco Barn," which was recently renovated, and is absolutely stunning. The reception was held in the Grand Barn, as well as outside on the grounds. The venue was able to accommodate the several food trucks we had as our dining options. Our guests raved about the venue and how beautiful it was, and also about how spectacular the staff was. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS PLACE. Honestly, I could go on and on. If you pick this venue for your wedding you will not be disappointed. Trust me.

Sent on 09/14/2016

carly · Married on 05/13/2016

A few of words to describe Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens: beautiful, scenic and memorable--all in all, perfection! I could not have asked for a better venue or staff. Dawn and Brian were amazing--full of joy and professionalism. Dawn Betzel, my day of wedding coordinator, is the next wedding wonder woman--she fulfilled my every want and need and made the day enjoyable and unforgettable; not to mention that her personality is stellar. All in all, if your looking for the wedding of your dreams, pick Stoltzfus!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Our Reception was held at the Homestead. As soon as I saw even just the pictures online when I was researching, I was in love! We went and met with Dawn right away and saw the venue in person and it was more than perfect. It was the prefect mix of classy rustic I wanted, and even better, had Chandeliers in the barn! The barn itself has so much history and character, and the outdoor area has so much to offer. Another thing we loved about this venue that really hooked us, was the versatility of having the sides of the barn open, where guests could leisurely come and go. We wanted a casual feel, not feel like our guests are stuck! They could be in the barn eating, socializing, or dancing, or outside enjoying the yard games, photo-booth, or evening fire. We booked about a year and a half before our date, which worked for us as they had completed even more renovations to the already beautiful outside and with the tobacco barn in that time. Though we did not need to use the tobacco barn, it was so beautiful, our photographer had to get some pictures of us in there. The location is great as well, we are from southern Lancaster County, and where our church is, this was not a bad drive for our guests to make following the ceremony. Dawn was very responsive to emails and calls through all the months and days leading up to the wedding, with any detail (big or small) she was on top of it and very informative. We also chose to work with Megan as our florist and coordinator. She was more than wonderful. So talented, with a sweet and thoughtful personality to match! I felt so at ease when emailing and talking with her, she really knew all there was to know about hosting a wedding reception at Stoltzfus Homestead. I loved that I could literally give her my ideas and decorations and she made it come to life, everything I imagined and more! I loved walking into the Grand barn the day of to my own personal touches. She is so organized leading up to the wedding day,

Sent on 05/04/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much for all your kind words about the Homestead and our staff! We work so very hard on perfecting everything from the grounds, to the restored barns, to our staff. We approach each wedding as if it were our own son's or daughter's so we are so glad you felt well cared for! You have been a joy to work with on this journey. Our staff has stated numerous times that they will miss you! All the best to you!

Brittany · Married on 11/07/2015

I’m not even sure how to put into words how amazing Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens was for our wedding day! We truly could never, ever have found a more genuine and dedicated group of people. The Homestead was the first venue we looked out in our search for a venue and as soon as we met Dawn and walked into that barn, we were sold. Talk about breathtaking. We were absolutely blown away. The charm, the history, the character, we fell in love within seconds of walking into the Grand Barn. Within the year leading up to our wedding Dawn was basically a part of my bridal party ;) I emailed her on a weekly basis with whatever crazy questions popped into my head and she was always quick to get back to my anxiety-filled email with a response that instantly calmed me. She is just spectacular and really one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet! The entire team at Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens took care of every detail to ensure our big day was absolutely perfect! They even provided a list of recommended vendors, all of which were absolutely fantastic! We also opted to work with Megan, the onsite Wedding Planner and we couldn’t have been happier with our decision to do so! Megan thought of literally every single detail associated with the day of our wedding and worked with our families and wedding parties to make sure everything was executed to perfection. Megan was so kind and pleasant to work with and really knows the in’s and out’s of this process. We met Bryan the day of the wedding, so kind and professional and literally there from start to finish helping to make sure the property was at it’s best for our special day. Overall, you won’t find a more beautiful venue paired with such a fantastic staff! Almost 4 months after our wedding day and our friends and family still talk about how perfect our day was at Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens. We are forever thankful!!

Sent on 02/28/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Brittany, you were such a delight to work with! Thank you so much for your kind words. We love working with couples to bring their vision to life. It is a privilege and an honor. We wish you both the very best!

Jason & Rebecca · Married on 10/24/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is the true definition of the perfect venue. Everyone was extremely helpful since day one and was so kind. Everything was so beautiful. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Mrs. · Married on 10/03/2015

I don't even know where to begin.. From the time I saw Stoltzfus on theknot.com, I knew it was the future destination of my wedding. Once I emailed Dawn and talked to her the date was set. I had a feeling however that choosing an outdoor wedding venue, with my luck, would mean that some disaster would happen with the weather. Low and behold, the morning of my wedding I woke up to rain and dark clouds. As the day progressed the rain stopped and the wind started. I can't tell you how caring and accommodating everyone at Stoltzfus was. They genuinely cared about my feelings when it came to how I wanted everything to be set up and they waited until the last possible minute to ask me what I wanted to do in regards to moving the wedding inside or keeping it outside. Once I made the painful decision to move the wedding inside, they acted fast and were sure to make sure every detail was perfect. My guests were warm, the ceremony was gorgeous and we were very happy with the results. If you want to feel important, if you want to be heard and if you want to have a beautiful wedding I highly recommend choosing this venue. Had my wedding been outside, we had chosen a pretty neat game package, were going to set up cocktails and appetizers outside and were going to have a fire pit. So when they say it is a barn venue, there are so many options to customize your wedding and make it exactly what you want. Throughout the night Dawn, my Wedding Coordinator and Dawn's husband made sure periodically that everything was perfect, and trust me when I say that it was. I couldn't have chosen a better place for my wedding. I would get married all over again just to have the wedding at Stoltzfus. All of our guests asked us, "why Lancaster for your wedding?" Once they saw Stoltzfus, all I heard was, "now I know why you chose Lancaster!"

Sent on 11/11/2015

Alicia · Married on 09/19/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and the entire staff were amazing. I highly suggest this location for your wedding and reception which is what I did.
    The staff made everything so simple and perfect for my husband, family and I. There was never a glitch.
    The staff feels like family to me. They have hearts of gold and made the day immaculate and perfect.
    I had to plan this wedding while in Illinois and did not see the venue or meet the staff until the night of the rehearsal so i was nervous. But after meeting and seeing everything the night of the rehearsal, I was at ease. I enjoyed the day and was not nervous or bombarded with things. The staff took care of it all and they decorated everthing how i wanted it and oh my... it was breathtaking.

Everyone had a blast at the wedding and have talked about it non stop. You will NOT regret booking with Stoltzfus Homestead.

It was the best decision we made for our wedding. It was a perfect day and one we'll never EVER forget.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Alicia,
    We are so delighted you had a wonderful day! It is always a challenge when the bride has to plan the wedding from afar, but we believe our staff has the experience and the understanding to hear a bride's vision and make it happen! You had a fantastic vision with so much color and personality. Well done!

Betsy · Married on 08/28/2015

We can't recommend the Stoltzfus Homestead highly enough. They catered to our every need and truly made our wedding day a dream come true! We didn't have to think about anything on the day of our wedding. From the time we first toured in January to our wedding in August, Dawn helped us to constantly envision our day. It was fun to see the grounds come to life during visits as the weather got warmer, and Brian and his team were constantly improving the already-lovely buildings and grounds. Our guests were in awe, we got a lot of comments that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and so, so, so many compliments on our choice of venue! It was great to have different options for people during the reception. We had the fire pit, lawn games, and dancing, and no one was "stuck" at their seat if dancing wasn't their thing...there was so much to do and we practically had to kick people out by the end of the night! Thanks so much to Dawn, Brian, and the Stoltzfus staff for making our wedding picture perfect!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Betsy,
    You and AJ were so much fun to work with, plus you had such an amazing group of family and friends supporting you on your wedding day. We love remembering your wedding with all the special touches. We wish you guys the very, very best!

Julianne · Married on 08/14/2015

If you're looking for that unique, intimate barn/country rustic venue, this is the place to look! Dawn and Megan were a wealth of information and help during our wedding planning process. They truly care about their brides and grooms and will make it their priority to see that your special day is even more than you could have ever imagined it to be! Stoltzfus Homestead also has some great recommended vendors that they work with all the time to make your planning/big day easy and smooth. The venue is simply beautiful and has so much individuality to it. I would recommend this venue to anyone who loves the simple, rustic, intimate wedding style!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Julianne the princess arriving in her white carriage while violins played in the wedding garden. We will never forget the gasps of your guests as they saw you coming around the corner. And your groom's face was priceless! Way to pull off a wonderful surprise! PERFECT is the word to describe your day! We will remember it always!

Jane · Married on 08/14/2015

When my daughter first walked into the barn the look on her face told me that Stoltzfus Homestead was where she would have her wedding! From there we fell in love with everything about the venue and the staff! Dawn and Megan made everything so easy for us. Since we booked the venue in January when the ground was covered with snow, we had to trust that it would be beautiful in the summer, and they did not disappoint. New features and details were added every time we visited. The wedding was spectacular! Many guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they had been too, the most fun, and it was for sure a memorable event that many would remember for a long time! As Mother of the bride I could not have been more pleased, I thought I would have to spend more of the day attending to details but Dawn and Megan had gone above and beyond to make sure I could also relax and enjoy the day! The bride and groom both felt it exceeded their expectations. Stoltzfus Homestead provided my daughter and her new husband with the most perfect wedding!!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Jane,
    You have a beautiful daughter and working with the both of you was just so smooth and enjoyable. We felt your kindness in the months leading up to Julianne's wedding day and in the weeks that followed as well. Thank you! Because of families like yours, we believe we have the best job in the world. We wish you all the very, very best!

Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens was a professional, and beautiful venue. My husband and I not only loved the breathtaking Grand Barn but also the outdoor ceremony option and the staff who helped make our wedding day PERFECT.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

We love our jobs! Working with fantastic couples makes it feel like we are truly working with family. Thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting your special day. May the memories live on forever!

I would recommend this venue for any engaged couple! They are so easy and kind to work with!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

We are so glad you celebrated your wedding day at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens! It was a pleasure working with you both and we wish you the very best in your journey together!

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2015

The staff at the homestead are incredible to work with. They are very accommodating and willing to work with your needs.The Grand Barn is absolutely STUNNING and the perfect setting for a rustic and romantic reception. I would choose Stoltzfus Homestead over and over again!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Rachel,
    Oh what a gorgeous bride with flowers everywhere! What a special day! It is like your Dad said, "She is so beautiful on the outside, but she is equally as beautiful on the inside." Yes, he knows you well. May you carry that beauty with you wherever you go and may your and your new hubby have a life filled with joy and happiness!

Donna · Married on 06/20/2015

I have nothing but wonderful comments about Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. We held our daughters outdoor wedding there with reception in the Grand Barn on June 20, 2015 and the staff was absolutely wonderful, helpful, attentive,courteous, kind. Stayed with us for the entire event up to the time we were leaving. The grounds are impeccably groomed and maintained. If you are looking for a venue that can be rustic and elegant at the same time, this is the place. Our daughter's wedding day was absolutely beautiful, we couldn't have been happier! Sincerely, Donna and Carson Arnold

Sent on 07/28/2015

Donna,
    The day has come and gone and now we only have the memories of your special day. We will treasure the memories and remember all the special elements that Amanda and Billy envisioned in their minds and then saw happen on their wedding day. We love the photos and trust they will always bring a smile to your face as you look at them! Blessings to you and your growing family!

Chris · Married on 06/12/2015

We were ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with our experience at Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens. The wedding garden, Grand Barn & outdoor lounge area were absolutely gorgeous! We had many wonderful comments from our guests about how much they enjoyed themselves. It was a pleasure working with Dawn during the planning process. Communication was excellent! All questions were answered promptly & she was always very helpful. Megan, the Florist/Wedding Coordinator was invaluable in making the day a huge success. She did an amazing job at making sure everything went according to schedule. She was with us every step of the way & her flowers from Pearls & Petals were beautiful as well!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Chris! I can't believe after all the planning and organizing, the special day is over!! We always feel so sad after getting to know a family so well and then they get married and ride off into the sunset to begin their lives together. We wish we could have a huge holiday party and everyone would come back "home" to the Homestead!

Angel · Married on 05/22/2015

An amazing venue! Amazing people to work with!! Wouldn't have changed a thing :D

Sent on 06/07/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Your name says it all. A perfect Angel, having the perfect day at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. You are Chris were savoring every moment and what an honor to be a part of that. Blessings on the both of you!

Gwen · Married on 05/16/2015

The entire staff at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens went above and beyond to make sure that our daughter and now son had the wedding of their dreams. They had the wedding and reception at Stoltzfus'. There are several gardens to choose from for the ceremony and everything was lovely. There was a relaxing area for the guests to hang out and enjoy refreshments between the wedding and reception. And the barn, what a neat setting for the reception. All of the guests raved about what a great time they had, that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to.

The accomadations and atmosphere were wonderful and Dawn and all of the staff made sure that all of the bride's wishes and the guests needs were met. Fabulous place to celebrate our happy occasion.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Gwen, I will never forget your daughter's face as we toured the Grand Barn for the first time! We hadn't even finished the restoration project, yet she caught the vision and never let go. What a fantastic wedding and no one will ever forget the surprise visit from the Intercourse Fire Company that Ty arranged for Katie. What a tribute to their work as fire fighters. So well done! May the years ahead be filled with love and laughter as your family grows!

Marie · Married on 04/25/2015

Our reception was held at the homestead. The staff at Stoltzfus were so helpful and offered quick feedback during the entire planning process.
    Everything was absolutely perfect the day of our wedding. Although my bridesmaids and I set up the barn, the staff added their finishing touches which gave an element of surprise when my husband and I saw it completed for the first time.
    The coordinator kept us on track and made sure we were able to capture all the special moments we planned for.
    Lastly, the grounds and barn included are absolutely breathtaking.
    We knew it was the perfect place for our wedding the moment we saw it. It had all the elements we were seeking.
    I am so happy we found the Homestead and were able to celebrate our wedding at such a charming location.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Marie, the bride with the sweet sweet smile. Your wedding was so much fun and we loved all the special touches you brought to celebrate your day. You are so creative and we are glad you could showcase that creativity here at the Homestead on your wedding day. Be blessed and enjoy this new chapter of life!

Alyse · Married on 04/24/2015

As we reflect back on our wedding and the days prior to, the day of, and the days that followed, we are reminded of the pure joy we felt ever since we discovered this venue. After hearing about this venue on The Knot we decided to check it out. We still remember the day we got a tour of the unfinished venue! As we entered the barn we both were blown away and speechless...the character and beauty of this barn was absolutely breathtaking! We knew that day that we wanted to have our wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens! Throughout the entire planning process, Dawn and Megan Waltman were extremely helpful and gracious to us. They supported and loved on us like we were their family! They cheered us on as the days approached and were a great support system for us. The day of the wedding was SO special. The staff bent over backwards for us and were absolutely amazing! They patiently and generously worked with us and offered a hand wherever was needed. They laughed with us, cried with us, and shared in our special day. We are SO grateful for all that the staff did for us to make our dream wedding come true. We are so pleased with how our day went and HIGHLY recommend this venue!! Mike and Alyse Nathan

Sent on 05/03/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Alyse and Mike. How could we ever forget you two? Such a romantic intimate wedding. I will always remember Alyse's face just moments before coming down the aisle almost overwhelmed with emotion. Her dream was about to come true! Blessings to you both as you journey on as husband and wife.

Marty · Married on 04/11/2015

What a great event we had at Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens! My daughter’s wedding was held on April 11th outdoors. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny spring day followed by an evening reception in The Grand Barn. The property was beautiful and spotless with so many activities inside and out.
    Dawn was absolutely wonderful in all the planning stages and made sure that we thought of everything. Megan took the worries away from us on the day of the event and made sure everything went perfectly.
    We received and continue to receive so many compliments. Facebook exploded afterwards with photos and wonderful comments about the venue. It was such a warm and rustic yet elegant feeling. Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens by far exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Marty if only every bride had a dad like you! So involved and willing to do anything to make your daughter's day a day she will never forget. I know she feels so treasured and loved! It was a fantastic experience working with you and your wife through this process of planning your daughter's and son-in-law's wedding. Enjoy your growing family!

Erika · Married on 04/11/2015

My wedding was held at Stoltzfus Gardens and Homestead on April 11, 2015. Because of unforeseen circumstances with our plans, we needed to book a venue 50 days before our big day. Thankfully, the entire team at Stoltzfus rallied around us and did everything to ensure that I still had the wedding of my dreams. Although I visited the venue in the winter, Dawn, Megan, and the rest of the team assured me that the grounds would be beautiful and full of spring flowers and they were right! Everything was gorgeous. The ceremony and cocktail hour were held outside and although it was a little windy, the sky was blue and everything was beautiful. The Grand Barn was so elegant and sophisticated with the country rustic touch that I wanted. All of my guests kept telling me how beautiful the entire venue was and how much fun they were having. Megan, at Pearls and Petals, added special touches around the venue that really brought the place to life. From the floating cake table, to yard games, to a smores bar around the campfire, this place had it all! There was even room for my fiance to bring his antique tractor for photo ops! Thanks to everyone at Stoltzfus for making my wedding the best day ever!!!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Erika,
    The bride who knows how to rock a wedding dress! Such a journey you and Josh were on during your engagement and how it all had such a happy ending! Your smile will always be remembered along with your unique touches of creativity! Of course who will every forget Josh's red tractor??? All the best to such a wonder, delightful couple!