Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Reviews

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 5
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 6
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 7

Gretchen · Married on 09/03/2017

From the moment we stepped onto the beautiful Homestead property and met Brian and Dawn we knew that we would be totally taken care before, during and after my daughter's wedding. They were supportive, responsive and patient with our many questions and open to all ideas in making her vision for the day come to fruition. Our "day of" coordinator was amazing and took great care to make sure that every detail was as it should be. She had a happy and calming demeanor that radiated to all of us. We used several of the suggested vendors on their list with confidence as the Homestead has such a high standard and only recommends the best. Our family received many comments and texts the following day from guests saying they had never been to such an amazing wedding or venue. I highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Your family will always be in our hearts! It was just a beautiful day in every way. So rich and full of life and joy with everyone celebrating together. Your have an incredible daughter with a heart of gold and we can see that it was nurtured by you as her mother. Blessings to all of you and all the best!

Tamara · Married on 09/01/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens without a doubt has the most beautiful and well kept grounds of all the venues we visited in our search for the perfect setting for our daughters wedding. I am a landscaper by profession, and was very impressed with the perfectly manicured lawns and landscaped beds. Dawn and Brian Waltman were wonderful to work with. Their recommendations on vendors and ideas were so helpful in planning the perfect day.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Tammy,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! You are such a genuine person and it was such a delight to see you walk with your daughter through the planning process and then see her walk down the aisle on wedding day. We will always cherish the great memories!

Eliza · Married on 08/12/2017

Stoltzfus was the 4th wedding venue we looked at when choosing where to get married for our august wedding and we knew it was the right choice within 5 minutes of being on the homestead. It was the perfect combination of rustic, classy and causal all in one. We worked closely with Dawn, Brian and Megan Waltman and our day of coordinator also named Dawn who helped us come up with the most perfect day. As a couple who had no idea where to begin with wedding planning Stoltzfus made the process easy and fun! We cannot say enough good things about this venue and team. If we could do the entire thing over again we wouldn't change a thing!!! <3

Sent on 11/16/2017

Eliza,
    What an amazing job you did on keeping your focus on celebrating your day with your new husband, family and friends! You chose to keep things simple and elegant and therefore you were able to soak in everything and be stress free. Well done, Eliza!

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2017

From start to finish, Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens was fabulous! What a beautiful venue and amazing people, who take pride in what they do, pay attention to every last detail, and make the bride and groom's dream wedding come true! My daughter & son-in-law enjoyed their day and because of the staff, so did we!
    Our guests raved about the venue and experience, too! Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens is a one of a kind place!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Donna · Married on 06/03/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is everything you need for a wedding venue. We felt so blessed to have Dawn and Brian coordinating everything. I knew from the start of rehearsal practice that we had nothing to worry about. The peace and comfort that knowing Nina and Jerry's wedding was in such good hands was the best feeling in the world. Thank you so much for everything you did with such class and kindness to last a lifetime. Donna Picarelli

Sent on 06/21/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Donna, what an incredible family and we had the pleasure of working with you all! What a wonderful day filled with so many memorable events and special moments. You were a delight to work with and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to get to know you. You are a wonderful, supportive mother and it is clear you are held in high regard by Nina and Jerry. All the best to you and your family!

David · Married on 06/03/2017

We had a perfect wedding experience at Stoltzfuz Homestead. The venue is simply lovely with immaculate grounds and includes a main barn and a smaller one perfect for cocktails or as a place to exchange vows, or use one of the two outdoor staging areas as we did. There's also a nice shaded garden which is where we had our cocktails. The bridal and groomsmen's rooms were very nice. The Main Barn is so beautiful in a simply elegant way that we did very little decorating other than centerpieces and the place looked amazing. Weather cooperated and we were able to dine with barn doors open, allowing guests to move easily between reception activities inside and out. Beautiful fire pit surrounded by soft comfortable chairs. We used own caterer, but I'm sure those on the venue's preferred list is of the highest quality, like everything else here

Dawn and Brian were perfect hosts, providing a most personable and gentle hand to keep everything on track and taking care of every conceivable detail, from picking up lunch to suggesting to my wife, the mother-of-the-bride, to quietly take in the venue before the start of festivities. A great venue staffed by great people

Sent on 06/24/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

David thank you so much for your review! Your family was a dream. Your daughter has such an incredible creative, yet detailed mind and it was truly fun to work with her throughout the process of planning her wedding day. To see your daughter and son-in-law embrace the day and treasure every moment was so wonderful to witness. All the best!

Pam · Married on 05/20/2017

Every person that we worked with at this venue was wonderful. From every detail to trying to fulfill our crazy ideas, everyone was very professional and helpful. They all made my daughter's day everything she dreamed of.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Pam! One of the funniest mommas to grace our property! What a treasure it was to share this journey with you. We will always remember your laugh, but we will also remember your emotions as you tried to take everything in. What a special day!! Treasure it always!

Samantha · Married on 05/06/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is such an amazing place with very amazing people. We looked at a couple venues before visiting the Homestead and I knew as soon as we arrived that this was the place we wanted to get married. We fell in love with the beautiful grounds and landscaping, the old restored barns, the history, the fire pit – it immediately felt special to us. As a very detail-oriented/stressed bride I had TONS of questions, but Dawn W. was there to help me every step of the way. I must have sent the poor woman hundreds of emails and she responded to each one with ease. She made the entire process easy and fun; she truly is an amazing person.

The day of our wedding finally came and our day of event coordinator “the other Dawn B.” made sure everything went smoothly. There were a couple hiccups along the way but Dawn and her team went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and that I was as stress free as possible. She kept everyone on schedule, but also allowed my “husband” and I to have some special time to ourselves in the mix of all chaos – which was very important to us on our wedding day. Everyone on staff was amazing and I really appreciate everyone who helped us on our special day. The venue itself was gorgeous and they made every detail of our special day come true. This is truly an amazing place and the people who work there are very special people. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone. They will make your dreams come true and your day and day to remember.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Samantha, I had to laugh when I read your review where you described yourself as a "detail oriented - stressed bride"! I thought it was a pleasure to work with you and I truly welcomed your questions! I love putting brides at ease as they plan for their wedding day and despite all of your worries, you truly trusted us to fulfill the vision for your day. We are very well aware that is not an easy thing to do, but thank you! Thank you for trusting us! Thank you for allowing us to work as a team and bring your vision to life. I will NEVER forget you walking into the Grand Barn when we did the reveal with you and Uriah and you said, "This is everything I every dreamed and more." It made my heart smile!!! All the best to you both!

Catherine · Married on 05/06/2017

We held our daughter's wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens and it was the most beautiful event! From the time that we chose the venue to the actual day we were treated like family and they were so efficient and helpful with all aspects. We were able to relax and enjoy the entire experience because of the entire staff at the venue. We also had Dawn officiate the wedding and it was the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony. We highly recommend using this venue ... it was amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Catherine, you are a treasure of a woman and it was such a delight to work with you and your family during Samantha and Uriah's engagement and wedding planning period. What a fantastic family! It was such an honor to officiate their wedding and I loved the way it could be so personal for everyone involved. We will miss you guys so so much! We wish you only the very best!

Benjamin · Married on 04/28/2017

We held our daughter’s wedding and reception at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens, and we could not have been happier. The venue is lovely with beautiful barns and grounds. The staff did everything possible to make things happen the way that we wanted. From our initial visits to the day of, everyone was taken care of terrifically. I cannot speak too highly of the place and the folks who run it. We feel so fortunate to have found them, and the day turned out perfectly. We would highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

It was a delight to work with your family through the planning process! Your daughter is an absolute gem and we loved hearing about her special ideas to make her wedding day unique and full of personal touches and then working together those ideas to life. We will always hold a special place in our hearts for all of you! We can't wait to see some of the photos and relive the memories with you! We wish you all the very, very best!

Larissa · Married on 04/14/2017

My family and I can not say enough about how amazing Stoltzfus Homestead is. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I have them to thank for that. Everything went great and even the one hiccup we had they were there to fix it before anyone noticed. You feel during the whole process that they are part of your family and willing to do anything you need. I promise if you book them for your wedding you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Larissa, we are so glad that you felt "part of the family" because that is how we feel about you and your family as well! What a special group of people you have surrounding you and showering you with love and well wishes. It was incredible to watch your entire day unfold. For sure, no one wanted the evening to end. We will miss you terribly, but will hold you forever in our hearts.

Kristen · Married on 04/01/2017

My experience at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens was 5-star. The staff made our wedding day memorable. We had a vision that was “out of the box” and Dawn was very supportive. She truly personalized the wedding based on what we wanted, even though it was not like anything they’d done before. Her attention to detail was important in letting us be focused on each other without having to worry about minor things. She was available to answer calls and emails promptly which made the planning process less stressful. The barn and gardens are a beautiful backdrop for all of our photos. We had many guests comment on how beautiful it was and how it was the best wedding they’ve been to.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Sheri · Married on 11/20/2016

The venue is beautiful, Dawn is super responsive and helpful, and every preferred vendor we used was fantastic. It was super windy during our wedding day and the required wedding coordinator (Dawn) provided by the venue made sure our wedding day still was perfect and stress free!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Sheri, to one of the sweetest brides a person could ever meet! We cherish you so much! I am so proud of the way your organized your wedding day and we are thrilled that it was a day that will last forever in your mind and heart. I will always remember you smile throughout the evening and how you couldn't stop thanking everyone for your incredible day. We finally had to push you out the door! Dear Sheri, we wish you the very, very best in your new life as Mr. and Mrs!

Katie · Married on 09/30/2016

We held our wedding and reception at Stoltzfus Homestead, and to describe the experience as “incredible” would be an understatement! The staff are kindhearted and generous people, and they truly care for the bride and groom. Without a doubt, they make every effort to create a unique and flawless wedding day for the couple and guests. Our on-site coordinator worked tirelessly with the vendors and our requests, and she found moments throughout the day to meet with me to check in and encourage me.

The venue is stunning—you have to see it for yourself, because pictures cannot fully capture the extent of its beauty! Both barns on site accommodate a wide variety of styles. From classical to eclectic, bohemian, or country styles, the barns can be easily transformed to fit the couples’ tastes. They can be as simply or extravagantly decorated as the couple would like because their beauty is breathtaking regardless.

I am so thankful we chose Stoltzfus Homestead as our wedding venue. It was the perfect place to begin our journey together as Mr. and Mrs!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Katie, such kind words and wonderful descriptions of your experience with us here at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. Oh how we loved the way you embraced everything about the Homestead and incorporated it all in your wedding day. What an amazing planning with so many wonderful ideas. Gosh, I can't tell you how much we enjoyed working with you! All the best to you dear Katie!!

Morgan · Married on 09/24/2016

I can't say enough about the Stoltzfus Homestead and its owners. Dawn and her family have done such an amazing job in creating a wedding venue where a bride feels like her wedding is special and personal. They truly care about making your wedding day a dream come true. Dawn answered all of my questions promptly and with experience. I will forever remember my wedding day as being so relaxed. I couldn't have been happier. All night I heard "how did you find this place?", "this place is amazing". Everyone is still talking about it. I truly feel like that day was a fairy tail and the staff helped to make us feel so special. They were all so friendly and easy to coordinate with. Dawn Beitzel (own day of coordinator) is a treasure, I could not compliment her enough, and our parents felt at ease with her at the reins. I received many compliments about her as well from different guests that she had helped throughout the night. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else and I feel so lucky that I have so many wonderful memories of our wedding day.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Morgan! You are such an easy person to love. It is no wonder you have so many family and friends who wanted to help and create the day of your dreams! How could we ever forget the team that poured out of cars and trucks to help with everything and to celebrate your wedding day. Thank you for choosing Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens and for allowing us the honor of being a part of your special day. May God's blessings fill you with all joy and gladness!

Dani · Married on 09/16/2016

I cannot say enough about this place, it was a fairytale day and a fairytale wedding. It was exactly what I was looking for and the people who run the place and work there are all AMAZING and truly make you feel welcome and at home. I would chose going back to this one day over going back to my honeymoon which was a week long in paradise, that's how amazing this venue and day was!!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

What an amazing testimony to say that you loved your wedding day so so much! Dani what a crazy, wonderful, fun, creative woman you are! Well done planning an incredible wedding day. We laughed together so much, but when you stood at the back of the aisle everyone had happy tears running down their faces. We were so thrilled for you! Hugs and love to you always!

AnnMarie · Married on 09/09/2016

I've only been to one other Barn type wedding and it was back in NJ in April but the Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens was by far the most beautiful venue you could ask for. Dawn the coordinator was excellent along with the rest of her staff. It was very warm that day but it didn't matter as everyone was having the best time of their lives. The food was a true Lancaster experience and it was absolutely delicious. I would recommend this Venue over and over to anyone that was looking to have the most awesome Wedding or party.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

AnnMarie, thank you so much for your kind words! We love our historically preserved barns from the 1800s and we are so happy that you loved them as well. We always want our guests to be swept away as the enter either of the barns or the grounds and we are so glad you were! May the memories last a lifetime!

Mackenzie · Married on 09/09/2016

Stoltzfus was the first venue I had planned to visit when I was searching for the right venue. It turned out to be the ONLY one I looked at since I fell in love right away! I cancelled all other appointments to look at other venues...I knew this was the one...and boy was I right!! Dawn and her team are absolute professionals with tons of wedding experience and are some the nicest people my husband and I have ever met!! They let you plan your wedding with a lot of flexibility but are also happy to provide plenty of suggestions. I went with many of her suggestions for other vendors and i am so glad i did as they run like a well oiled machine!

I had a vision of what i wanted my wedding to look like and they made that happen and it was flawless. The process was smooth, easy, and enjoyable. My day could not have been more perfect. The venue is affordable and just gorgeous! It had everything i was looking for and so many guests raved about how beautiful everything was! Dawn is also very quick to respond to questions and was very easy to work with. Price is affordable and you get a lot in the wedding package compared to others. I can go on and on about how wonderful my experience was, but go check it out and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Mackenzie oh my dear Mackenzie. My heart just warms at the thought of you on your wedding day. And who would ever forget the tears you shed as you were reading your vows and the kerchief you were offered by such a special young man. We will never forget you guys! You and your families were amazing! May God bless you and fill you will all peace and joy in your lives together!

Terri · Married on 08/27/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is an absolutely beautiful venue for a wedding and reception! The grounds and barns are beautiful and the staff is so helpful and organized!
    What an awesomely beautiful day we had here!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Terri! Thank you for celebrating such a special day at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens and for sharing such kind words. We wish you much happiness and joy!

Carol · Married on 08/27/2016

My daughter got married here and it was just absolutely PERFECT!!! I can't say enough about this place. Everything was beautiful, went smoothly. Dawn the coordinator was just out of this world she did a fantastic job. Would highly recommend this place to anyone!!

Carol Fry

Sent on 09/14/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Carol, I could just hug you! We loved you and your family and of course your talented daughter. We are so fortunate to have the privilege of working with so many amazing families and yours is certainly one for the memory books! All the best to you and yours!

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2016

You won’t be disappointed with Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens as your wedding venue. After one visit to the Homestead we knew this was where we wanted to get married. Very few places offer the rustic beauty you find at Stoltzfus. Although we had initially planned to have our ceremony in the garden, with the completion of the new tobacco barn, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get married in such a beautiful and charming space. The Homestead has so much to offer from a fire pit where you guests can relax with a cigar and ample lawn games to a fully restored, immaculate grand reception barn. We had a great experience meeting with Dawn W., who introduced us to the property and worked with us to make sure Stoltzfus was able to meet all our needs on our big day. Our wedding coordinator - Dawn B. - was also such a pleasure to work with and helped make our vision a reality. She is just the person you want to help you with all those small details and to ensure your wedding day goes off without a hitch! After the groom had an unfortunate accident just a few weeks before the wedding, the staff at Stoltzfus went above and beyond to make sure he was comfortable and able to navigate the grounds with his own personal golf cart and driver! We highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens to any couples looking for an astonishing venue with excellent customer service.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Melissa, we will always remember how engaged your guests were throughout your wedding day! They were so happy for you and they simply could not take in all of the "goodness" that was happening. So many guests just gushed about you and they thanked us again and again for the special day. You are blesses to have such support and we are so blessed to have been able to share your day with these wonderful people. You are indeed a gem! Blessings to you!

Stoltzfus Homestead is the place to go for any kind of party, they treated us like family as soon as we walked in. The time we spent there was amazing!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

We treated you like family because you felt like family to us! We will miss you, but oh what an honor it was to serve you on such a remarkable day!

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2016

We fell in love with Stoltzfus the first time we stepped foot on the property, and immediately knew it was the perfect place to host our wedding! Dawn and Brian were wonderful to work with as we planned out all the details to our wedding.As we presented our ideas to them, they were flexible in working with us to make them a reality. They also were fabulous at supporting us when working with other vendors, assuring that our day went as WE planned it, not as how the vendors planned it. They are genuine people, who ultimately want to make you happy! Our coordinators, Liz and Charlie, were nothing short of awesome. They spent hours working through a day of schedule so that all of our ideas were executed perfectly on our day. On the day of the wedding, they were there from start to finish. We are so thankful for the support they offered us, and that Stoltzfus required that we had onsite coordinators. Liz and Charlie know the venue inside and out, which really was a blessing in disguise! The grounds are phenomenally maintained, the barns are flawless and original, and there are multiple locations to host every aspect of the day (ceremony sites, cocktail hours locations, etc.). Also- the bridal suites are to die for. I had 5 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, myself, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, 2 hair stylists, 1 make up artist, and videographer in the bridal suite while we were getting ready for the day... there was plenty of room for all of us to fit comfortably with all of our things. The groom's suite provides a nice hang out space for the groomsmen and groom to get ready in as well. While there is a neighborhood surround the venue, our wedding still felt private and intimate, with no onlookers from neighbors. I HIGHLY recommend considering this venue if you are looking for a rustic elegant wedding, with wonderful staff to make your day flawless.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Sarah, you guys were so amazing to work with! It was such an honor and privilege to host your wedding here at the Homestead. Nothing delights us more than knowing our bride and groom had the wedding of their dreams. All the best to you both!

They were amazing they did everything they could to make our day go smooth and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have a wedding, it is gorgeous and romantic. Everyone loved the area, the fire pit and games. We had the most perfect fairytale/rustic wedding it was everything I was hoping it to be!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

It is so hard to believe that you special day has come and gone and now you are married! We are so thrilled that your day was everything you imagined and more. You worked so hard at creating a vision for your day and it was our pleasure to help bring it to life! We wish you both the very, very best!

Cassie · Married on 06/04/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is truly the venue that has it all ! From the warm and welcoming staff, to the beautiful grounds, to the outstanding service, our wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to the Homestead. From day one, our contact with the onsite coordinators and owners was outstanding. The coordinators were very helpful and thought of every detail from start to finish. The owners were there for you every need and were able and willing to go out of their way to make your day special. The venue itself is stunning. The Grand barn features original barn structures with a modern touch of decoration. The gardens and farmhouse lawn are well tended areas that offer scenic views and vibrant landscapes. The newly finished Tobacco Barn is the perfect spot for an indoor ceremony should the weather not cooperate. The entire grounds has hidden photo opportunities, providing the bride and groom with unique and beautiful backdrops. The venue also offers various packages including a bonfire, yard games, fireworks, and many more. The owners even have their own prop shop where you can rent antique pieces to complete your rustic décor. Do not hesitate to view this incredible venue. It is well worth the price and is the place where all of my dreams came true.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Cassie, you will forever be remembered by our staff as the well organized bride that had a vision, stuck with it and watched it all come to life on your wedding day! Your fingerprints were everywhere! You have such a creative spirit and we love the fact that the Homestead allows brides to use their creativity to express their unique personalities. Well done!