Sticky Fingers Catering-Charleston Reviews

30 | Mount Pleasant, SC

30 Reviews for Sticky Fingers Catering-Charleston

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2014

3.0

We held our rehearsal dinner upstairs at the downtown Meeting Street Sticky Fingers. The location was perfect as we held the rehearsal at Waterfront Park and simply walked down to Meeting. The event started on time and the service was great. My only complaint was the difficulty/delay in getting responses from the staff. There were a number of times where there was a delay of sometimes up to a week from when I would email or call until I received a response. Sometimes I would have to send multiple emails before hearing back. N the end however, we got it booked and all went very smoothly the day of. I'm sure it may have been a bit easier to get details worked out had I been in Charleston through the planning process. The venue itself was perfect with the historic look to the space with the exposed brick and cool old windows. There was plenty of room for our larger group of 35. We had the BBQ and Lowcountry Boil for dinner with green beans as a side and banana pudding for dessert. The BBQ was amazing (as expected), but the Lowcountry Boil lacked enough flavor and the corn was mushy (as if previously frozen). The banana pudding was delicious!

Sent on 08/24/2014

3.6
      3.0

Sticky fingers did our rehearsal dinner back in June 2014 and we were pleased with everything! We had a big group with quite a few children so Sticky fingers was a good options for us. Very casual and comfortable setting.

Sent on 11/06/2014

3.4
      3.5
      3.5

I have mixed reviews for this catering service. Although they were by far the cheapest option for the wedding reception and the food was great I had a few issues. The food was good if you stick with the BBQ, I would not recommend the poached salmon, we wanted a different option for people who did not like all the other meat but the salmon was a whole salmon (most of my family does not like fish so seeing a whole fish with the head and eyes was a bit gross) and it was slimy when people said they ate it. The other food was great. The staff was friendly and very professional, their attire was very formal. The only main complaint was that they were hard to get a hold of, we emailed for questions and they never answered, we called they were never available, sometimes it would take a week or more to hear back. There was an issue with the billing department and they never processed payment until the day of even though we wanted them to do it months before (for paycheck purposes) they kept saying they had it covered but it was an unpleasant surprise for me at the reception as they handed me the check.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Marin · Married on 10/14/2017

2.8
      2.0

Missing items

Set up too early so the food was lukewarm by the time we ate. They didnt provide with plates, silverware, or napkins so a guest had to run out in the middle of cocktail hour to go get them, and we were pretty sure they left out a pan of one of our side items. When we contacted them about it, the location that provided our food claimed they would send us a gift card to compensate us (never saw it almost 2 years later) but a manager from the main restaurant was more than willing to make sure that our catering experience didn't leave a bad taste in our mouth (no pun intended) with the restaurant as a whole.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Amber · Married on 10/08/2011

2.4
      2.0
      2.5

We were pretty excited about catering from sticky fingers because we like their food. But it really wasnt that great at all, the meat didnt have any flavor and it was VERY chewy. The potatoes where nasty and they didnt evern give us a chance to eat our desert before they took it awat

Sent on 10/31/2011