12 Reviews for Stewart Dietz Catering, LLC

Signature Drink (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
12 Stewart Dietz Catering, LLC Reviews

Stew exceeded our expectations. Professional and friendly staff. The food was amazing and the presentation was beautiful. Clean up was thorough. We highly recommend Stew Dietz catering.

Profile Picture T, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Stew did a fabulous job with our wedding! The venue was our family property and she helped us make sure we had everything we would need. Every detail was perfect and we didn't worry about a thing the whole day. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Stew was outstanding. We met several times before the wedding. She was very organized and the food was perfect.

Profile Picture Sara, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Don't pass up an opportunity to work with Stew! We're spoiled by lots of fresh, local, delicious food in Seattle, yet hers is among the best. We and our guests loved it. Stew is also both laid-back and impeccably organized, just the combination for anyone planning a wedding. She is creative, experienced, pragmatic, flexible. She provided great guidance re: key logistics such as tents, heaters, layout, etc. We rested better at night knowing we were in such good hands.

Profile Picture Jocelyn , 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Stew was great to work with and happy to suggest menu items or come up with custom options. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture James, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We whole-heartedly recommend working with Stew Dietz. She exceeded our expectations of a caterer’s role and turned out to be an invaluable asset to our wedding. Stew is organized, responsive, easy-going, and has a wealth of experience. We planned our wedding from another state and found it easy to touch base with her and exchange ideas despite the distance. In the days approaching our wedding we were challenged with fires and the possibility of having to move our wedding altogether. Stew was an integral asset to keeping us calm and aware of what was happening in the valley. In addition to Stew’s wonderful personality, the food was incredible! Many of our guests made a point of telling us it was the best wedding food they had ever had! Her team was professional, the quantities were perfect, and the day was stress-free, thanks to all of the behind the scenes coordination Stew provided. We cannot say enough good things about Stew and her services—look no further.

Profile Picture User6384768, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, American, Bartender(s), Signature Drink

Stew is a pro. We went through the main plan (and two contingencies in case of weather) in detail way ahead of time. She catches details that might be forgotten, and offers well thought out solutions to venue limitations. We opted to collaborate on google docs she provided to keep a living description and schedule for our event, and it worked great. On the day of, all we had to do was go say "Hi" to her and her staff; no decisions, no crises, no stress. Wonderful.

The food was, unsurprisingly, also excellent. Meats were perfect all through service. (I may have gone back for seconds). And the sides! I will be attempting lackluster imitations of the slaw she made for the rest of my life. Everything felt very fresh, crisp, well seasoned and herbed. Presentation was top notch; we opted for pie, and it came out looking gorgeous and tasting lush with fruit. I've never felt better after a wedding buffet; and many of our guests made a point to find us and express their disbelief of how good everything tasted.

No hesitation: I'd book Stew for any event I could.

Profile Picture Verne, 6/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Stew Dietz was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. I'm so grateful she was free for the wedding date we had chosen. We had been to a friend's wedding which she'd catered the previous year and we KNEW we wanted her for ours.
Stew took care of a "casual" Friday night cookout dinner and a more elegant--though outdoor--dinner for Saturday night. I was busy and a bit out of it (groom) but heard from everyone who commented that it was excellent, super elegant, plenty of delicious food. I do remember the food, and it was delicious. I really wanted lamb burgers for the first night and she made that happen in a way that might appeal more to those not crazy about full lamb taste and focused on sourcing as "responsibly" as possible. We had (local valley) steak and (wild caught PNW) salmon saturday night and they were outstanding. I couldn't list all the sides and apps but they were very interesting and tasty (full flavor) but at the same time simple (in a good way). Elegant AND not pretentious. She let us take care of drinks which is probably a savings compared with the alternative. She provided cobbler, crisps and cupcakes.
Not pretentious is exactly what Stew is. She is totally available and relational--a real pleasure to work with. She has a great sense of humor and knows both her work and what her clients want/need. She made me feel totally sane through what was probably not exactly that. She is willing to take on a lot without showing it. And she does it all with a laid back way which helped me not worry about anything. Stew is beyond reasonable.
Our wedding was better than we'd hoped and having Stew on board was a large piece of the project. Highly recommend!! Richard and Leah

Profile Picture User4430201, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Throughout planning our wedding Stew gave us a lot of options as well as guidance for our menu. She is a pleasure to work with and the food was amazing! We loved the steak and so did our guests. Her catering staff is flexible, friendly and works hard. Thanks for helping make our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Cara, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wedding was this past weekend at the Mazama Ranch House in Mazama, WA. Stew not only did the caterering, but was a mini wedding coordinator and arranged all the tables, chairs, place settings, glassware, tent and linen rentals. Quick tip - if you tell her beforehand (and draw it up) where you want the ceremony to be and how your centerpieces should be set up, she and her staff can help you set that up. When you are the bride and planning your own wedding, all the extra help is so appreciated.

Onto her food...it was amazing! She did my rehearsal dinner at the Mazama Ranch House on Friday night and reception on Saturday. Her menu was so creative both nights, and I loved how she uses fresh, local ingredients. Guests loved everything, especially the Crostinis, the Farro, Beet, Arugula Salad and the Grilled Flank Steak. I also opted to do pies instead of cake, and she provided those as well, which were also delicious!

Thank you again Stew for all your help and the delicious food!

Profile Picture Marie, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

When we first met Stew she was not available, but that fact that her schedule changed was likely the single most fortunate thing that made our wedding the raging success that it was. Stew helped to coordinate many aspects of our wedding. She arranged all of the equipment rentals and accommodated changes the week before the event. Beyond that she was organized, reminding us of the other things that we needed to consider: the day’s timeline, what to stock at the bar, music, flowers, etc.

Stew worked with us to design a menu that reflected the summer bounty of the northwest. We suggested foods that we liked and then she crafted a menu of things that were in season. The appetizers were beautiful and passed around to keep everyone happy after the ceremony. We preferred not to have a buffet, and so she arranged to serve things family style on platters to the tables, which worked wonderfully. The menu was local baby green salad with nectarines, bluebird faro salad with her homemade pickled beets, a delicious pork tenderloin, sockeye salmon with herb-lemon butter cooked perfectly, green beans with heirloom tomatoes. She also made delicious apple and berry pies that we served alongside the wedding cake our friend beautifully crafted.

Our friends raved that the meal was as if they were at a restaurant focused on local, seasonal foods and that they had never had food even close to this good at a wedding. Other friends said that it felt like they were at a lovely summer dinner party at our house. Though we could have never pulled off such an event ourselves, I think that this complement is especially fitting because both Stew and her staff were warm, smiling, and a pleasure to have at our event. Guests enjoyed chatting with the bartender and our guests’ kids loved playing with the sitters she arranged.

Our wedding was a magical weekend and Stew’s hard work, talent and good nature are responsible in large part. You would be wise and lucky to work with her.

Profile Picture Rafael, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Stew catered our wedding and, although I barely remember most of the wedding night, I do remember the food! The service was great, the food was delicious, and overall they were incredibly friendly and easy to work with. They took care of all of the rentals for linens, dishes, and silverware. They even cleaned up at the end of the night. One of my friends told me a few days later that he was still dreaming about the grilled salmon, it was SO GOOD. She came up with some very unique appetizers, too including a cucumber gaspacho!

Profile Picture Sandra, 6/2/12, 1 Review