452 Reviews for Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection

One Event Per Day (38)
Uplighting (29)
Photobooth (11)
Liability Insurance (9)

We were able to have Steve Moody himself as our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely incredible! We left the majority of the music up to his discretion with the exception of random asks here and there and for the specific wedding dances (intro, first dance, etc.) and we could not have asked for a better selection! His enthusiam, experience and overall ability to keep the crowd on the floor and have an amazing time made the evening that much more amazing! He uses a planning form to get as many details as possible for the timing of events throughout the night, names of people, etc. and its was extremely easy to use and made for a smooth night. I would highly recommend his DJ service to anyone as we could not have asked for a better party!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were able to have Steve Moody as our DJ and wow, we could not have been more ecstatic with the outcome! Working with Steve was a breeze from start to finish. The ease of the website for planning eliminated all stress and allowed us to be as detailed or not detailed as wanted for every moment of the reception. Steve was very accommodating from the beginning assisting us and sending us gentle reminders for when things were due. During our reception Steve felt like he was not only our DJ, but also our wedding coordinator. He personally came out to where my husband and I were taking photos during the sunset to tell us that our food had been placed on our table. He went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I enjoyed our experience, as well as as all of our guests. He was considerate in our timing of things and really wanted to make sure that we had the VERY best time. We had multiple individuals tells us that this was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been to. We owe a lot of that to Steve, he played all the right music to make sure people were out on the dance floor and genuinely wanted everyone to have the very best time! We could not have been more pleased with our experience with Steve and we will happily recommend him to all of our friends and family getting married! Thanks Steve!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Steve was fantastic from the first meeting. He provided guidance for selecting our other vendors. Steve was accessible every step of the way helping us coordinate and select music that suited us and our guests. His wife, Lori, would send check ins from time to time with tips to help planning. Any questions I had were addressed in a timely manner and as if I was a top priority. He also was quick to provide ideas for honoring those loved ones whom had passed. The ease of the website for planning eliminated all stress for selecting the music. I loved the checklist and used it all the way through planning all parts of the our big day. On the day of our wedding, it was like Steve was part of the family. He interacted with our guests on a personal level, kept the dance floor packed, and provided great entertainment. Steve was extremely flexible with the times that we selected, allowing us to change things as we went to maintain the flow of the evening. Everyone has raved about our dj in the time following our wedding. My parents have already asked if he would travel for future family weddings. We could not be happier with the care and pride Steve took in making our day special.

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What to really say about SMEC. When we were looking at DJ's in the beginning we came across Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection and from the very first meeting we knew we had our DJ. Steve clicked with us and everything his company is about we loved. The planning form was easy and detailed and took the stress out of the music selections. He was quick to respond to our inquiries throughout the planning process. We received check-ins from his wife Lori to make sure we were on the right track. Unfortunately Steve wasn't available on our wedding day to be our DJ but his associate Robbie was. Robbie fit in very well and the music he played kept everyone on the dance floor. He was very professional and we are so thankful he was there. There was a technical glitch and he handled it wonderfully. We will and have recommend SMEC and Robbie to everyone who asks. Thank you so much for making our day seamless and extraordinary!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim Baker DJ'd our wedding at The Lighthouse Sound in Ocean City on May 12th and was awesome! He did a great job and was very easy to communicate with and to work with. He really got the party going! Thank Steve Moody and Jim Baker!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an absolute wonderful experience! From the very beginning they provided great communication and friendliness. I loved that they would keep in touch periodically throughout our wedding planning. They were so helpful and our DJ (Jim Baker) was wonderful! All of our guests from our wedding keep telling us how much fun they had and how great our DJ was!

Profile Picture Courtney , 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I just want to start off by saying that I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. When I first spoke to you to book a DJ I had told you about the horrible luck I had not once but twice with booking a DJ. Well even though at the time it was stressing me out, I am glad that it al happen the way it did. Had things not happen the way they did I would have never turned to your company and I would have never met Jason.

I want to start off by saying that I did not just have a DJ for my wedding, Tyler and I made a friend. I spoke to Jason several times right up to my wedding day. He made me feel like I was the only person he was dealing with and new just what to say to calm me down. All the while doing this for me and still running his day to day life. Jason and his assistant were on top of every detail. From my Day of Planner (whom I know can try to be pushy and in control) to having fun with the crowd and keeping it going. Jason Fit right in with the crowd to the point we had guests asking if he was a friend who was doing this for us. The emails, texts and phone conversations all made me feel like I had known Jason for years compared to the two weeks I had been speaking to him.

I believe that the DJ is what ties all the decorations, food, drinks (alcohol) and the guests together. A DJ can make or break a event. Jason made ours memorable. He made sure that our day went as I pictured it and made sure that nothing was left out.

I can sit here and type all night and tell you how wonderful he was and how much we appreciate the type of person he is but I am sure you have heard it time and time again. At the end of the day I am so thankful and appreciative for Jason and Daryus. Our wedding was perfect. We could not have asked for any better and we would not change a thing about it. Jason is officially part of our odd dysfunctional group.
I will refer any and all to use your company and ask for Jason.

Profile Picture Candace, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When choosing a DJ for your wedding you may be asking yourself two things: Do they play good music? Is the price right? Sure, those are important questions, but let me tell you... a DJ/MC is so much more than that! The real questions you should be asking are: Are they good problem solvers? Will they take my stress and worries into consideration? Are they unique? Those features, among many others, are exactly what Steve Moody has.

To say Steve exceeded my expectations is an understatement! You have probably heard it before, but every wedding will have things that go wrong. I knew this would happen at mine last weekend, I just didn't know what they would be. Well, I know what they are now but because of Steve, NOONE else does (except for the internet now-ha).

I made a mistake when signing my DJ contract. Somehow I left off ceremony service. Weeks prior to the wedding, Steve had me fill out a very detailed breakdown of schedule, song requests, announcements etc. He called for a follow up conversation to lock in the details. Toward the end of the conversation, he casually/politely mentioned that he didn't know they were doing the ceremony music but he worked it all out. I know what "worked out" entailed... rearranging schedules, additional equipment, longer commute, and more logistics. His calm demeanor, understanding, and flexibility were so outstanding to me.

Right before my father-daughter dance, my dad went missing. Steve impressed me as he ad-libbed his way through what could have been an awkward/silent wait. He made the moment more special as he told the audience the background of this song and the meaning to us. The introduction was PERFECT and Steve completely did this by the seat of his pants.

Not to mention the music, vibe, and entertainment were perfect all night! Steve is the best!!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Everyone at Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection was amazing to work with! From the moment I got engaged I knew I wanted to ask Matt Spence to be our DJ. I had done an internship with him in high school and knew he would be the perfect MC/DJ for our big day. Matt got us in touch with Steve and we were super impressed from our very first meeting. Steve clearly explained all the options available and was very easy to talk to without feeling any pressure. Steve and Lori were both an email away throughout the whole process and very quick to respond. We had them provide up lighting and our name in lights in addition to the DJ service. I can't say enough good things about Steve and Lori, they are amazing! Our reception was a blast and stayed on schedule thanks to Matt and his assistant. We have received so many compliments about what a fun time it was and how everyone danced the night way. Thanks so much to Steve, Lori and Matt!!
P.S. We also used to Lori to book our Sandals honeymoon and that was the best decision ever! She made it all so easy and had us all set to go after the wedding. :-) We'll definitely be contacting Lori again when we plan our next Sandals trip!

Profile Picture Amber, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Steve Moody was AMAZING!!! All of our friends and family told Steve as well as us how our wedding was absolutely on point!! The music and flow of the evening could not have been any better. Steve is a professional and a perfectionist! Could not imagine our special day without him. Everything was perfect! If you are looking for a DJ to make your special day SPECTACULAR make sure you book whatever event with Steve Moody!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Steve contributed to my daughters wedding ceremony and reception in ways I would have never imagined. From perfect audio for the Officiant in a challenging, windy outdoor setting, to engaging with our guests in the most professional, friendly, charismatic ways. He made it clear why the special moments were so special and kept everyone, old and young, on the dance floor throughout the evening. I will never view the role of MC and DJ the same way again. Thank you, Steve!

Profile Picture Ward, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I cannot say enough amazing things about this company. When people talk to me about my wedding the first thing they always say is "That DJ was AMAZING". And it's the absolute truth. Steve and Lori Moody were my absolute favorite vendors to work with. Lori checked in reguarly just to make sure I didn't need anything which she didn't have to do. And they are the reason my reception was perfect. Steve not only kept the crowd of many types of people excited and engaged, but he introduced each moment in a way made it feel so special and sentimental. He kept the dance floor packed all night long and showed a clear understanding of the type of music both my groom and I, as well as the guests loved. Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection is by far the best DJ service out there.

Profile Picture Justine, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have to say that Steve was absolutely amazing! Every guest we've talked to since my daughter's wedding has mentioned the DJ first and told us he made the event. He kept guests on the dance floor and having a great time. We are so happy he was the first choice on our wedding to do list!

Profile Picture Loria, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What a phenomenal experience from beginning to end. Steve Moody and his company are amazing!! We are so honored we were able to book Steve and his DJ company for our wedding day. Steve took care of everything and we did not have to stress or worry about a single thing. Steve had everyone out on the dance floor and when our final song of the night came on I could not believe the day was over. We had such a great time and hands down could not have had a better experience with Steve and his company. I highly recommend Steve Moody for anyone looking for DJ services. Steve was one of the nicest individuals we have ever interacted with and he helped make our wedding day the best day we could ask for!

Profile Picture Crystal, 3/17/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Steve and his team was absolutely incredible throughout the entire process. They offered their help in any area during Our wedding planning. We had numerous guests tell us during the reception and after what an awesome time they had. Steve had people on the dance floor the entire night and made it a night we won't forget. We have had friends tell us they want to use Steve for their future wedding they were so impressed. He was clean, accommodating and with us the entire night. He kept in contact with us to make sure we were ready for the next part before it happened. We cannot say enough good things about this company. This company made things easy for us with a detailed planning form to make sure we included everything we wanted that we could continuously update when we remembered things. They made our wedding a night we will never forget and we are thrilled we decided to go with them. We would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone for their event!!!!

Profile Picture William, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Steve is my absolute favorite DJ! He goes above and beyond with his duties and works closely with the venues to help coordinate the night and has even gotten on the dance floor to help get people started! He has an outgoing personality and you can tell he loves his job!

Profile Picture User7482734, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working with Steve Moody and his staff was one of the easiest parts of the wedding process. Steve and everyone at his company, definitely knew their stuff. I had a number of phone conversations with them to get all the details of the reception nailed down and everyone was on the same page. I even requested a song, last minute, at the reception which they didn't have and Robbie downloaded it for me right there! Everyone had so much fun and the dance floor was packed. There were a number of songs dedicated to the older crowd also. A perfect mix of contemporary and 'classics'. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Elle, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Steve and Lori were absolutely great when we needed to book their services. They were so responsive and we had a one-on-one meeting scheduled in no time. It was so relaxed and we felt like we were in such good hands. We ended up having Jim Baker as our DJ for the ceremony and reception at The Oaks and he was wonderful! We are pretty laid back as a couple and don't like to be the center of attention, and they all rolled with it! They were so nice and accommodating to every request we had. There was a minor hiccup with our first dance, but it was really not a big deal at all and Jim was so apologetic and nice about it. We couldn't have asked for a better night--Jim was great with the music selection and getting the party started. He kept people on the dance floor for the entire night! It was perfect! We are so thankful for such an easy process and fun night!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Let me just start by saying that music in both my wife's family and mine is huge! Are music tastes are eclectic and we made sure to let our DJ know that when filling out our preparation form! From beginning until the end, Steve, Lori and Patrick were an absolute pleasure to work with! Furthermore, beyond just the entertainment business.. Lori also was our travel agent for our honeymoon! She set everything up with our resort and we had an absolute blast! We didn't experience ANY problems with the traveling arrangements, and honestly we really didn't even have to do anything besides give Lori the information that she needed. So, not only did we get the best entertainment business, but also the best travel agent which made our lives easier in knowing that they had everything under control. We communicated primarily via email and the responses were immediate! I strongly recommend Steve Moody's Entertainment business for your wedding and Lori for the honeymoon side! We will definitely be using Lori again when we travel! Thanks again for your commitment to making our big day as special as what it was!

Profile Picture Troy, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Steve Moody himself DJ our wedding and we could not have been any happier! He was such a pleasure and joy to work with. He is extremely professional and so sweet and personable. Steve and his wife, Lori, keep in contact with you throughout the planning period to make sure everything is coming along okay and to remind you of any deadlines approaching. They were extremely responsive to messages and kept me at ease about everything. It was fun being able to pick some music to play for the reception and their online database makes it incredibly easy. Steve played a wide variety of music to please guests of all ages and kept the party going on the dance floor. His personality was so great while entertaining the crowd, he had such positive energy and a passion for what he does. He made our day extra special and we were so grateful to have him DJ our wedding! Thanks so much Steve!

Profile Picture Maria, 11/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

The DJ is so important because he basically runs the reception. Jim was great and working with steve was a pleasure.

Profile Picture Kelsie, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Steve Moody was awesome through the entire process! His form made planning with him easy! He was very available to answer my questions and calls. What I loved most was his expertise made my special day stress free! I danced the whole to song to the songs my husband and I loved! He totally respected our requests and set the tone we were looking for. He was also very honest about our needs and what fit for venue.

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We chose Steve Moody's Entertainment to provide a DJ for our daughters wedding due to our original interaction with Steve. He was very professional, friendly, and offered a number of DJ options. We chose Jim to DJ the wedding after talking to Steve. Jim arrived at the venue early and had his equipment setup and ready to go. He was dressed in a tuxedo, answered our questions, and provided guidance for the wedding ceremony. The wedding went off without a hitch and Jim was a big part of that. The wedding reception immediately followed the ceremony. Jim played an excellent selection of songs during the cocktail hour and dinner celebration. The real fun began after dinner. Jim played an outstanding selection of dance music during the reception. He mixed in a number of slow, country (at our request) and excellent dance songs. The dance floor was full during the entire time. He played requests and we had a number of guests comment on what a great job he did. I totally agree. I almost forgot to mention that Jim was also the master of ceremonies during the introductions, first dance, etc. and he did a great job. We couldn't have asked for any more. I would rate Jim an 11 on a scale of 1-10.

Profile Picture Teresa, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

By far one of the best parts of the wedding!!!! We appreciate everything you did for us. Matt Spence was amazing and so easy to work with. He definitely put all worries about the reception to rest. :). We love that you guys took the time to make sure it was everything we wanted and more.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews