Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection Reviews

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 5
Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 6
Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 7

Chelsea · Married on 06/22/2018

Steve and Lori are AMAZING! My husband and I chose them for our wedding last month, and they met our every need. I cannot thank them enough for their flexibility. My husband is in the Navy so we were planning everything from out of state pretty much. Steve and his wife Lori were very responsive to answer any questions or help us with what we needed. Steve even helped us change one of our songs last minute the day before the wedding. They also offered uplighting along with their other services which we did decide to go with and it looked absolutely beautiful! It' add such a luxurious vibe to our venue and our guests loved it! We received so many compliments after the wedding regarding Steve, our music and venue. They were never bored not dancing! The felt as if there was something for everyone to listen to. If your in the MD/PA area like we were I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Linda · Married on 06/16/2018

Steve was wonderful to work with during the planning stages. During the wedding there was no work at all he took care of everything we thought of and some things we didn't think of. He did this without being intrusive in anyway. The guest had a wonderful time and shared how great he was, there was never a moment no one was dancing. I would use him again for future engagements and recommend him to anyone...Thanks Steve for a great wedding!!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write Linda. What a great tine! Sun was shining, people were smiling , food was terrific and your family and friends were all so excited for you both. All the pieces were in places for the perfect day. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to see you all again! - Steve

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Steve did such a great job helping us with our wedding. From the first time we met which was about a year out he was always there to help. He knew our venue better than we did which made everything easy and was a great help when we needed assistance with picking out music. Steve was recommended to us and I will be passing that recommendation on.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kat · event on 06/09/2018

Jason was so amazing! We have used him many times and he will always be our first choice!!! Made the event amazing!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Nick · Married on 06/02/2018

Steve is the Man!! He was awesome! He wasn’t just a normal DJ. He personalized each thing. Even adding a touching moment after the mother-son dance. Thanks Steve!!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Desiree · Married on 06/02/2018

Steve was the DJ at our friend’s wedding a few years ago and I was blown away with how awesome he was! Full of energy, very professional, he played great music and was so different than the “cheesy” DJs so many of us are used to seeing. When I got engaged there was absolutely no question as to who I would hire to be my DJ. Steve met with us on a Saturday morning to go over everything and he and his wife, Lori, were wonderful to work with the entire time. Communication was excellent and he was always available to answer questions and offer suggestions. The day of the wedding everything went perfect and everybody had a great time! Steve’s positive energy is contagious and he kept the dance floor full all night. He honored all of our song requests and was great at tailoring the music to who was on the dance floor. I can not say enough about how wonderful and professional Steve is and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. He truly is passionate about what he does and I wish I could give ten stars!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Morgan · Married on 06/01/2018

We were able to have Steve Moody as our DJ and wow, we could not have been more ecstatic with the outcome! Working with Steve was a breeze from start to finish. The ease of the website for planning eliminated all stress and allowed us to be as detailed or not detailed as wanted for every moment of the reception. Steve was very accommodating from the beginning assisting us and sending us gentle reminders for when things were due. During our reception Steve felt like he was not only our DJ, but also our wedding coordinator. He personally came out to where my husband and I were taking photos during the sunset to tell us that our food had been placed on our table. He went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I enjoyed our experience, as well as as all of our guests. He was considerate in our timing of things and really wanted to make sure that we had the VERY best time. We had multiple individuals tells us that this was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been to. We owe a lot of that to Steve, he played all the right music to make sure people were out on the dance floor and genuinely wanted everyone to have the very best time! We could not have been more pleased with our experience with Steve and we will happily recommend him to all of our friends and family getting married! Thanks Steve!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts Morgan! Wow!

Let me just say .....I am so grateful that you chose us to be with you both on your wedding day. I love what I do....and for you to notice all the little extra TLC that I put into my weddings ...makes me feel so good inside.

I have been doing this since 1989 ...and at every single wedding I find ways of making things new, fresh and exciting for our couples and their guests. Always trying to improve.

I can't thank you enough for sharing this in order to let other couples see what sets us apart. Enjoy each amazing memory that you create in this new life as husband and wife. All the best! - Steve

Meghan · Married on 05/27/2018

DJ Steve was fantastic from the first meeting. He provided guidance for selecting our other vendors. Steve was accessible every step of the way helping us coordinate and select music that suited us and our guests. His wife, Lori, would send check ins from time to time with tips to help planning. Any questions I had were addressed in a timely manner and as if I was a top priority. He also was quick to provide ideas for honoring those loved ones whom had passed. The ease of the website for planning eliminated all stress for selecting the music. I loved the checklist and used it all the way through planning all parts of the our big day. On the day of our wedding, it was like Steve was part of the family. He interacted with our guests on a personal level, kept the dance floor packed, and provided great entertainment. Steve was extremely flexible with the times that we selected, allowing us to change things as we went to maintain the flow of the evening. Everyone has raved about our dj in the time following our wedding. My parents have already asked if he would travel for future family weddings. We could not be happier with the care and pride Steve took in making our day special.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Meghan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We had an absolutely amazing time celebrating with you both and your family. From where I was standing......Everyone from the youngest to the oldest were all smiles all night and I was so happy to be a part in helping to make that happen. Wishing you guys all the best in your brand new life together. - Steve

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

What to really say about SMEC. When we were looking at DJ's in the beginning we came across Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection and from the very first meeting we knew we had our DJ. Steve clicked with us and everything his company is about we loved. The planning form was easy and detailed and took the stress out of the music selections. He was quick to respond to our inquiries throughout the planning process. We received check-ins from his wife Lori to make sure we were on the right track. Unfortunately Steve wasn't available on our wedding day to be our DJ but his associate Robbie was. Robbie fit in very well and the music he played kept everyone on the dance floor. He was very professional and we are so thankful he was there. There was a technical glitch and he handled it wonderfully. We will and have recommend SMEC and Robbie to everyone who asks. Thank you so much for making our day seamless and extraordinary!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! When we first had our initial meeting I just knew you guys would love Robbie and our service. He really loves what he does and so do we. We all try really hard to find the perfect blend of professionalism while still being personable and fun with all of our clients and guests. I tell everyone that we want you to feel like you have a friend working in the dj booth and I am so glad that it came across that way to you guys. Wishing you all the best! - Steve

Caitlyn · Married on 05/19/2018

DJ Steve Moody is absolutely amazing!! He is all about making you and everyone else happy and having a great time. He kept everyone on the dancefloor all night. Our venue highly recommended him to us because of how amazing he is and how smoothly everything goes when he is there. He does a wonderful job at MCing and making sure everything is running on time and perfectly. All of our transitions through out the night went smoothly because of him. Steve will also make you feel like hes been apart of your family. He helped calm my nerves before the ceremony and got to know the family and guests. A few couples with upcoming weddings asked for his info because they loved him so much that they wanted to hire him for their weddings. Thank you so much Steve for making our wedding a blast!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2018

Jim Baker DJ'd our wedding at The Lighthouse Sound in Ocean City on May 12th and was awesome! He did a great job and was very easy to communicate with and to work with. He really got the party going! Thank Steve Moody and Jim Baker!

Sent on 05/30/2018
  • Wulf4Life

Tina · Married on 05/12/2018

Have known Steve Moody since moving back to Baltimore area and occasionally attending line dancing where he DJ's on Wednesday nights. The second we picked our date, he was the first vendor we hired. And we and are guests, with no surprise to me whatsoever, were not disappointed. Everyone had a fabulous time! He and his staff made sure everything went smoothly from one thing to the next, for both the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, photo booth, and for the officiant. He even taught us a line dance! I can't recommend Steve and his staff highly enough, truly. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 8
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 9
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 10
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 11
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 12

Courtney · Married on 05/05/2018

We had an absolute wonderful experience! From the very beginning they provided great communication and friendliness. I loved that they would keep in touch periodically throughout our wedding planning. They were so helpful and our DJ (Jim Baker) was wonderful! All of our guests from our wedding keep telling us how much fun they had and how great our DJ was!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Amy · Married on 05/05/2018

We were able to have Steve Moody himself as our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely incredible! We left the majority of the music up to his discretion with the exception of random asks here and there and for the specific wedding dances (intro, first dance, etc.) and we could not have asked for a better selection! His enthusiam, experience and overall ability to keep the crowd on the floor and have an amazing time made the evening that much more amazing! He uses a planning form to get as many details as possible for the timing of events throughout the night, names of people, etc. and its was extremely easy to use and made for a smooth night. I would highly recommend his DJ service to anyone as we could not have asked for a better party!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Candace · Married on 04/28/2018

I just want to start off by saying that I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. When I first spoke to you to book a DJ I had told you about the horrible luck I had not once but twice with booking a DJ. Well even though at the time it was stressing me out, I am glad that it al happen the way it did. Had things not happen the way they did I would have never turned to your company and I would have never met Jason.

I want to start off by saying that I did not just have a DJ for my wedding, Tyler and I made a friend. I spoke to Jason several times right up to my wedding day. He made me feel like I was the only person he was dealing with and new just what to say to calm me down. All the while doing this for me and still running his day to day life. Jason and his assistant were on top of every detail. From my Day of Planner (whom I know can try to be pushy and in control) to having fun with the crowd and keeping it going. Jason Fit right in with the crowd to the point we had guests asking if he was a friend who was doing this for us. The emails, texts and phone conversations all made me feel like I had known Jason for years compared to the two weeks I had been speaking to him.

I believe that the DJ is what ties all the decorations, food, drinks (alcohol) and the guests together. A DJ can make or break a event. Jason made ours memorable. He made sure that our day went as I pictured it and made sure that nothing was left out.

I can sit here and type all night and tell you how wonderful he was and how much we appreciate the type of person he is but I am sure you have heard it time and time again. At the end of the day I am so thankful and appreciative for Jason and Daryus. Our wedding was perfect. We could not have asked for any better and we would not change a thing about it. Jason is officially part of our odd dysfunctional group.
    I will refer any and all to use your company and ask for Jason.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

When choosing a DJ for your wedding you may be asking yourself two things: Do they play good music? Is the price right? Sure, those are important questions, but let me tell you... a DJ/MC is so much more than that! The real questions you should be asking are: Are they good problem solvers? Will they take my stress and worries into consideration? Are they unique? Those features, among many others, are exactly what Steve Moody has.

To say Steve exceeded my expectations is an understatement! You have probably heard it before, but every wedding will have things that go wrong. I knew this would happen at mine last weekend, I just didn't know what they would be. Well, I know what they are now but because of Steve, NOONE else does (except for the internet now-ha).

I made a mistake when signing my DJ contract. Somehow I left off ceremony service. Weeks prior to the wedding, Steve had me fill out a very detailed breakdown of schedule, song requests, announcements etc. He called for a follow up conversation to lock in the details. Toward the end of the conversation, he casually/politely mentioned that he didn't know they were doing the ceremony music but he worked it all out. I know what "worked out" entailed... rearranging schedules, additional equipment, longer commute, and more logistics. His calm demeanor, understanding, and flexibility were so outstanding to me.

Right before my father-daughter dance, my dad went missing. Steve impressed me as he ad-libbed his way through what could have been an awkward/silent wait. He made the moment more special as he told the audience the background of this song and the meaning to us. The introduction was PERFECT and Steve completely did this by the seat of his pants.

Not to mention the music, vibe, and entertainment were perfect all night! Steve is the best!!

Sent on 04/28/2018
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 13
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/14/2018

Everyone at Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection was amazing to work with! From the moment I got engaged I knew I wanted to ask Matt Spence to be our DJ. I had done an internship with him in high school and knew he would be the perfect MC/DJ for our big day. Matt got us in touch with Steve and we were super impressed from our very first meeting. Steve clearly explained all the options available and was very easy to talk to without feeling any pressure. Steve and Lori were both an email away throughout the whole process and very quick to respond. We had them provide up lighting and our name in lights in addition to the DJ service. I can't say enough good things about Steve and Lori, they are amazing! Our reception was a blast and stayed on schedule thanks to Matt and his assistant. We have received so many compliments about what a fun time it was and how everyone danced the night way. Thanks so much to Steve, Lori and Matt!!
    P.S. We also used to Lori to book our Sandals honeymoon and that was the best decision ever! She made it all so easy and had us all set to go after the wedding. :-) We'll definitely be contacting Lori again when we plan our next Sandals trip!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Amber!!!!!! You guys were just as amazing to work with. Lori and I are so happy for you both.

I was so excited that Matt was available on your wedding day since you already knew him so well. There is no doubt that it was just as special for him to to be a part of your big day.

Matt LOVES what he does....and always goes the extra mile. I just knew that it would be awesome time all the way around. All of us are so excited to see your future together. -Steve

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2018

Steve Moody was AMAZING!!! All of our friends and family told Steve as well as us how our wedding was absolutely on point!! The music and flow of the evening could not have been any better. Steve is a professional and a perfectionist! Could not imagine our special day without him. Everything was perfect! If you are looking for a DJ to make your special day SPECTACULAR make sure you book whatever event with Steve Moody!

Sent on 04/28/2018
  • W

Ward · Married on 04/08/2018

Steve contributed to my daughters wedding ceremony and reception in ways I would have never imagined. From perfect audio for the Officiant in a challenging, windy outdoor setting, to engaging with our guests in the most professional, friendly, charismatic ways. He made it clear why the special moments were so special and kept everyone, old and young, on the dance floor throughout the evening. I will never view the role of MC and DJ the same way again. Thank you, Steve!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Justine · Married on 04/08/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about this company. When people talk to me about my wedding the first thing they always say is "That DJ was AMAZING". And it's the absolute truth. Steve and Lori Moody were my absolute favorite vendors to work with. Lori checked in reguarly just to make sure I didn't need anything which she didn't have to do. And they are the reason my reception was perfect. Steve not only kept the crowd of many types of people excited and engaged, but he introduced each moment in a way made it feel so special and sentimental. He kept the dance floor packed all night long and showed a clear understanding of the type of music both my groom and I, as well as the guests loved. Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection is by far the best DJ service out there.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Loria · Married on 04/08/2018

I have to say that Steve was absolutely amazing! Every guest we've talked to since my daughter's wedding has mentioned the DJ first and told us he made the event. He kept guests on the dance floor and having a great time. We are so happy he was the first choice on our wedding to do list!

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 14
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 15
    Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection 16

Crystal · Married on 03/17/2018

What a phenomenal experience from beginning to end. Steve Moody and his company are amazing!! We are so honored we were able to book Steve and his DJ company for our wedding day. Steve took care of everything and we did not have to stress or worry about a single thing. Steve had everyone out on the dance floor and when our final song of the night came on I could not believe the day was over. We had such a great time and hands down could not have had a better experience with Steve and his company. I highly recommend Steve Moody for anyone looking for DJ services. Steve was one of the nicest individuals we have ever interacted with and he helped make our wedding day the best day we could ask for!

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Angelina

Angelina · Married on 01/14/2018

Party Starter!

Working with Steve and Lori was an absolute pleasure. We actually saw Steve DJ another friend's wedding and from the moment we met him, we knew we wanted him at our event. Steve is personable, hilarious and a fantastic party starter. We were blown away!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • W

William · Married on 11/11/2017

Steve and his team was absolutely incredible throughout the entire process. They offered their help in any area during Our wedding planning. We had numerous guests tell us during the reception and after what an awesome time they had. Steve had people on the dance floor the entire night and made it a night we won't forget. We have had friends tell us they want to use Steve for their future wedding they were so impressed. He was clean, accommodating and with us the entire night. He kept in contact with us to make sure we were ready for the next part before it happened. We cannot say enough good things about this company. This company made things easy for us with a detailed planning form to make sure we included everything we wanted that we could continuously update when we remembered things. They made our wedding a night we will never forget and we are thrilled we decided to go with them. We would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone for their event!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

Steve is my absolute favorite DJ! He goes above and beyond with his duties and works closely with the venues to help coordinate the night and has even gotten on the dance floor to help get people started! He has an outgoing personality and you can tell he loves his job!

Sent on 12/12/2016