Sterling Productions Reviews

205 | Temecula, CA

205 Reviews for Sterling Productions

Julia · Married on 08/01/2015

DJ Mark and his staff are so wonderful!!! Our friends and family loved all of the music and we never had a dull moment! Most of our guests danced the whole time and even people who said they don't dance did dance!!! We loved our wedding and he made everything run smoothly. Also during our ceremony our mics were great!!! Picked up on all the sound and no issues

Sent on 08/02/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Julia. I love to make people dance, I really enjoyed seeing all ages getting down and having a great time. Thanks for letting me celebrate with you. All the best!

Gary · Married on 08/01/2015

These were the DJs for my daughters wedding and they were awesome! They were extremely professional, played a great selection of music that appealed to all ages and kept the dance floor full the entire night! They really set the tone for the reception! Their equipment was top of the line and the mics they used for the groom and officiant allowed everyone to hear the entire ceremony!! Very impressed with all of their services and would highly recommend!

Sterling Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Gary, We are really pleased that you liked the music and dancing and especially the sound quality! - we had a blast playing for all of you guys!!!

Celene · Married on 08/01/2015

Wow Mark...we loved the music for our son's wedding on Saturday. You listened to our requests and had everyone dancing all night long. It can't be easy to please a wide age span but you did it! A little Dean Martin, classic rock, Pit Bull and all the new dance tunes - you covered the full music spectrum! And special thanks from me for "Sweet Child of Mine". That meant a lot to me.

Sterling Productions's reply:

Hi Celene; you are so very welcome, I always watch the guests to make sure I'm hitting all the bases as I hate to not include everyone. I'm so very pleased you all had a fantastic time. Can't thank you enough for selecting me as your DJ

Dylan · Married on 07/25/2015

Our experience with Sterling Productions was the best we could have ever hoped for. Our original inquiry was responded to quickly by Mark who then personally selected the best fit for our dj/mc, which was Armando Quintero, and had him contact us right away. Armando was absolutely fantastic! From the moment we met with him to discuss our wedding event we were immediately at ease. He made sure to get a sense of what we envisioned for our ceremony and reception so that he knew exactly what we wanted. This was very much appreciated! He was extremely pleasant to work with. We had a great time making our selections with him. He was professional and yet so easy going and fun. We knew right away we were in good hands and could trust him to make sure our big day was special and ran smoothly.

The wedding and reception were perfect and Armando was a huge part of that! He went above and beyond our expectations. He guided our first-time officiant, a family member, right through the ceremony. This was not something we had even thought of or expected. He also noticed a movie reference in the father of the bride speech and played the popular theme song after. This had not been discussed or planned and it was perfect!!
Armando got everyone on the dance floor right away and kept them there all night with his great MC skills! He even led everyone in the cupid shuffle, which got even the shyest guest on the dance floor! We had so many wonderful comments regarding Armando from our guests. Everybody loved the music at our wedding and made a point to tell us so at the event and in the weeks after. We could not have had a better experience!! We highly recommend Sterling Productions and Armando Quintero and will definitely use them for any future event. If you go with Sterling, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Dylan for putting your trust in all of us. We had an awesome time with all of you! Congrats!

Jenna · Married on 07/18/2015

Mark Davies was the DJ for our wedding and we could not have been happier. From the initial meeting until our grand exit I was confident our event was in good hands. Mark was very proactive with providing suggestions, answers, and just checking in to see how we were doing. He was very thorough with his explanations and made our semi-complicated requests seem like no big deal. He worked very well with our videographer, coordinator, and helped to make our event feel so special. Rain and thunderstorms drove our outdoor ceremony inside and he was on top of it, troubleshooting to make sure the ceremony would happen seamlessly. We also had a fog machine during our first dance that transformed the gloomy backdrop into romantic perfection. I would absolutely recommend Sterling Productions and Mark Davies for any future events. Thank you all for a job well done.

Sent on 07/30/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

You guys rock! - thanks the review guys! - let's do it all gain ! - so much fun. Thanks for choosing us Jenna
  • User4196435 · 2+ years ago

Mark did an amazing job at our wedding at Falkner Winery (June 2015). We had quite a bit of song requests and requirements for our wedding. He followed our instructions perfectly and was able to add his own flare to make sure our guests were having a great time. We had a great experience with Mark and highly recommend him. -Chris and Michelle

Sterling Productions's reply:

You guys are so very welcome! - Playing for all of you was such and honor and a pleasure. We had a great time being a part of your special day! - congrats to you both

Alex · Married on 06/27/2015

From the first phone call with Mark, I got a good vibe from him. He had a refined, professional tone, but was also laid-back and down to earth. He had the experience and confidence we were looking for, but also was willing to customize every detail based on our preferences. Upon meeting Mark in person, I connected with him as a music lover. My fiancee and I explained that we had an extensive list of song requests and he was delighted to honor those. All throughout the planning process, Mark was always reachable via email or phone, and was happy to chat and answer any questions we had along the way. He thoughtfully listened to our song choices and offered great insights. He even coordinated with our live guitarist to create the best set-up for the ceremony music. On the day of the event, Mark did not disappoint. The wireless microphones Mark clipped on to me (the groom) and our officiant worked flawlessly, and our videographer remarked that it was the best sound he's ever heard during a ceremony. When it came time for cocktail hour and dinner, Mark honored our requests and created an awesome playlist from the songs we sent him. And finally, the most important part of the evening - the open dance floor. This is where you really need a DJ who knows how to sense what the crowd is feeling, and which songs they're responding to. Mark incorporated our song choices and kept the dance party going from the moment the floor opened until the last song of the night. People of all ages were packed on the dance floor from start to finish. In fact, we decided on the spot to skip our cake cutting and bouquet toss because we didn't want to stop dancing. The bottom line is that Mark knows what he's doing, and is an expert not only with the technical aspects, but also the artistic aspects of the evening (including an amazing lighting set-up). He was an ideal DJ, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a true professional and artist.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Thank you so very much Alex for taking the time to review me. I got emotional when I read this review because it's everything I strive for upon accepting the responsibility of representing you both on your biggest of days. I wanted to capture your vision and create an amazing evening of music and dance based your unique taste. I'm so very happy that you all enjoyed the evening. Best wishes!

Erica · Married on 06/11/2015

Mark and his team are truly fantastic! From start to finish they have everything together! There website is amazing and super user friendly allowing you to outline your entire event and request songs to ensure that every detail is communicated to them. Mark is quick to respond and will make sure that no question goes unanswered. Just tell him the style of music you like and the type of crowd you have and he can keep you dance floor full! I would highly recommend Sterling Productions!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Congratulations Erica! - You and Jeremy were so much fun to play for! - Keep those wonderful smiles beaming and never stop having fun in life! - all the very best!!

Shane · Married on 05/24/2015

I have nothing but highly positive things to say about Mark and Sterling DJ. He is incredibly professional, with an unmatched level of responsiveness and flexibility throughout his engagement. For us, this was extremely critical since we had so much going on throughout our ceremony and reception. His attention to detail gave us an overwhelming amount of reassurance and confidence that our day would run smoothly and he seemed to only enhance our experience with his level of tenure and sophistication.

Already, I have recommended his services to others and would do the same for anyone who is looking for a DJ. We've tried others in the past and Mark is a cut above the rest. He's gained a customer for life and I'm certain others would feel the same way after working with him.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Shane - you're making me blush! - it was such a great wedding and I want to personally thank you for putting your trust in me for your big day. So many great people and fun times!! - Congratulations!

Kristine · Married on 05/24/2015

After shopping around for various vendors, we narrowed down our Wedding DJ selections to a handful that stood out. Each had their own positive aspects but Mark and Sterling DJ seemed to provide the greatest level of service and value-add. It wasn't until our wedding day that we realized how lucky we were.

Mark and Sterling DJ are consummate professionals who know all the intricacies of providing the highest level of sound and music for hosting a prefect wedding. He walked us through our entire day to ensure a memory that would last a lifetime. We couldn't have been more blessed to have him!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Kristine; you're are wonderful, and thank you so much for reviewing me. We were delighted to play for all you. The wedding was so wonderful and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for letting us share in your special day! All the best to you!

Molly · Married on 05/15/2015

Mark was professional and courteous and also exceeded all of our expectations. Mark had all of our guests dancing and the dance floor was packed all night! That is the most important thing! He did a great job of keeping the party going and basically running the reception timeline. Mark also has an awesome British accent! You can't go wrong with Sterling Productions! We will definitely call him for our vow renewal!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

you rock Molly!!!! - thanks again for everything! - we had an amazing time with all of you guys! - so much fun!!! - congratulations!!!

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

Wow! We had the best experience with these guys! Mark is great to work with and very quick to respond to emails. Evan was our DJ and I would absolutely recommend him! He was professional and listened to our needs for a DJ. Great company!!! Wouldn't use anyone else for our future events!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Cheers Sarah - we really appreciate your review. We we so thrilled to be a part of the celebrations! - all the very best to you both!

Riley · Married on 04/27/2015

I'm shocked at just how amazing Mark was for my wedding. Every moment that he DJ'd my ceremony and reception was perfectly timed, comfortable, professional, personable, and fun! The sound was great, and he transcribed our vision BEAUTIFULLY throughout the wedding, both music-wise and visually. Which wasn't easy! Our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were in 3 different places - he pulled it off flawlessly! Even better, everyone was dancing the entire night long. We didn't want the party to stop, and wish that we could revisit that night simply for the dancing alone. You absolutely cannon go wrong with this company!!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Riley, Riley, Riley!! - I am so honored you chose me to be your DJ, as I know you had a lot of great DJ's to choose from. We were very excited to do our very best for your special day! - you looked fabulous !! the venue was so amazing and unique. too. We had a wonderful time playing some great music for you. Congratulations and all the very best!!

Lauren · Married on 04/18/2015

Mark from Sterling Productions was our wedding DJ and I could not recommend him more! Every single guest who attended our wedding made sure to comment on how awesome he was! He would always know exactly what song to play to get the crowd dancing.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

This wedding was over the top fun!!!! - I love it when you have a complete and solid connection with your bride & groom, their family and friends. We fed the fuel to this fire all day long ! - and we took them in "uncharted territory" we played songs what we have never played at a wedding because we new that this was the crowd that would get it and lap it up! - Congratulations to Lauren & Josh

Joanne · Married on 04/18/2015

Mark and Sterling Productions have truly brought our dream wedding to life! It was really easy to work with him even we are located in San Diego. Mark understood what we would like to accomplish and delivered it 200%. Most of my friends and families told us that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended. We highly recommend Mark and Sterling Production and hopefully to have another chance to work with them.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Joanne - We are so proud that you chose us for you special day! It was our pleasure to enhance and accentuate to your beautiful venue. We are so excited to see the photos. Thank you so much

Cassie · Married on 03/14/2015

Mark and his team were so great! The dancing at the wedding was a hit and he did such a great job of moving us along the timeline. From the time I met mark and through the whole process, he was cool and collected, making me (the bride) calm and confident. I knew my DJ had it all handled, and he did!! Thank you again Mark!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Cheers Cassie and congratulations to you both. We were delighted to play for you and thanks for everything - you guys are so awesome!

Scott · Married on 03/07/2015

Mark and Steve were amazing! From the time we contacted Mark last summer until our wedding day he was very responsive and we were able met several times in person. You feel like you are long time friends every time you talk to him. Almost all of our guests came to California from Ohio and they have not stopped talking about how great the reception was and that they did not want the night to end. Mark's use of lighting options made the barrel room at Mount Palomar Winery absolutely stunning! We asked each of our guests on the RSVP to pick a song that would get the on the dance floor. Mark took that list and played almost every song plus got everyone on the dance floor all night long! Thank you Mark! We could not have imagined our day going any better!

Sent on 04/04/2015
  • I

Ivan · Married on 02/07/2015

Mark's service was outstanding. Everything was impeccable and exceeded our expectations. He set up equipment in multiple locations -- lights, speakers, microphones, video screen and projector, etc. Things magically appeared when needed and were put away when no longer in use. It was done very professionally and everything worked seamlessly. He also knows how to work a crowd! Everyone had a great time -- grandmas, kids, teenagers, bride, groom, family members, guests. He was extremely resourceful and found the perfect tune for every moment. Wedding planning can be entirely overwhelming, but if you want things to be done perfectly, Mark is the person who can do it!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Michelle · Married on 01/24/2015

Mark with Sterling Productions was AMAZING! He was very responsive when we were originally looking for quotes but was NOT pushy unlike other companies. He was able to work with my (now) husband's busy schedule to meet with us and give us an idea in person of cost and day-of expectations. We were able to think of only a few songs of what we did want and the kind of music we did not want played during the reception and the song choices Mark made were perfect! We did end up going for the uplighting package and it was WELL WORTH IT! The lights were beautiful and really made the room pop. Mark did such a great job all the way from the wedding party entrance to the very end of the night. He was so detailed that he called us before the wedding the get exact pronunciations of everyone's name and they were spot on when he announced them! I cannot say enough great things about this company. Mark as your DJ all the way!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Sterling Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Michelle, We had such a fantastic time with you guys!! Your family and guests were so responsive to the material we played and that always makes for a great wedding. We can't thank you enough for selecting Sterling Productions to represent you both on you wedding day! - All the best to you both!

Jacquelene · Married on 11/09/2014

Mark and his crew were absolutely fantastic to work with! Professional, well organized, sensitive to our needs, and he made sure everyone had an amazing evening. Not being from the area we started asking around for various vendors to use at our wedding, Mark's name/company kept coming up on everyone's list as a top notch DJ. We were able to meet with Mark in person while on a planning vacation to sort wedding details and we knew right away that he was the guy for the job! Perfect fit for us and our guests being that my now husband was from England! Mark's online planning tool was easy to use and an excellent source of suggestions. We tried not to be too specific detailing EVERY song that we'd want played at our reception but he got it spot on! He even accommodated our special requests with our reception and added one of his own :) Everyone had to travel from either England, Canada or within the US to attend our wedding and everyone raved about our celebration,... how beautiful and FUN it was..they all admit that it ranks as one of the best weddings they've ever been to and some guests have been to a lot of weddings! We ABSOLUTELY recommend Mark to any bride out there looking for an amazing DJ!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Amber · Married on 10/25/2014

Armando was Amazing!! He made our Wedding SO much FUN and got everyone out on the dance floor. He was so entertaining and great to work with.
    He Played all the music we asked for ( Even the Hawaiian music) and everyone loved Armando's DJ style.

We are so lucky to have found Mark and Armando; they made our dreams come true. :)
    I would highly recommend them for your wedding!!

Amber & Robert
    Ewa Beach, HI

Sent on 11/05/2014

Sterling Productions's reply:

Amber and Rob were a very easy going couple who let me be creative and work with the crowd. They had their requested music and I worked those songs into the playlist along with their guests requests. Everyone was "all in" for this party and it was no surprise why. Very sweet people. Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day.

Brooke · Married on 10/24/2014

My husband and I had an AMAZING experience with Mark Davies the owner of Sterling DJ. He met with us early on in the planning phase and took us through services and packages, helped to decide what the best for our needs would be. He was very fair and honest about pricing. We had no concerns what so ever after meeting with him. His client login was very easy to use to manage our songs for the big day. We did very little to guide Mark in the right direction. We gave him enough to show him what we wanted and he came through like a true professional. The music was fabulous, the transitions were amazing and his overall service as master of ceremonies was wonderful. Our guests literally danced until the very end of our wedding. We would ABSOLUTELY recommend Mark to friends and family. Thank you for making our planning less stressful and our wedding a hit!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Sterling Productions's reply:

Brooke & Jon were more than a joy to play for! - So many great moments throughout the evening it's super hard to pick a highlight to be honest. This was a large wedding so I took my assistant Steve with me and he went to town on the lighting and really helped my bring the production level up a notch for these wonderful guests. I love it when a wedding goes beyond smoothly and everyone of all ages gets down and enjoys themselves - that's what life is about! Congrats to Broke & Jon

Denise · Married on 10/04/2014

Miles Pelky with Sterling Productions was the DJ and Master of Ceremonies for our wedding October 4, 2014 and he was a true gem! He was so attentive to us as the Bride and Groom and made sure we were taken care of throughout the evening. Always asking if we needed anything and kept the guests on the dance floor ALL night long. When you can see on your guest faces that they're having a great time, it's absolutely priceless. And the sign of a successful event!! All made possible because Miles could read the crowd and play the right songs at the right time. AND keep the evening on schedule. Something the wedding planner can appreciate, because as the Bride, the evening just goes SO fast. I HIGHLY recommend Sterling Productions. They're GREAT to work with.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jade · Married on 10/04/2014

Unreal service, cheerful attittudes, great prices and genuine artists. Mark was incredibly easy to work with. We only needed a couple of phone calls to work out the essentials, and then used Sterling's great website to fill in all of the details.

We provided Mark with a list of songs, of which some were "must play" and others were really just to give him a vibe of what we liked, and he did not disapoint. Mark and Steve, his associate, kept the party going on pace all night. Really well done.

Our wedding was outdoors at night, and our rentals company was charging us an arm and a leg for string lighting. We cut that down to just the dining area and relied on Sterling for accenting the rest of the perimeter with LED uplights. These guys turned the venue into a canvas that they painted with light, we were shocked to see how beautiful the property was when we made our entrance.

We can't recommend them enough. Great job, guys!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Ben · Married on 08/30/2014

Our wedding was at Mount Palomar in Temecula and the venue had a list of preferred vendors. Top of their list for DJs was Sterling Productions. So I gave Mark a call and immediately had a good feeling about his company. He informed me that he would send his top DJ Miles Pelky out for our event. He connected us with Miles and after our first meeting, we immediately chose them. There was no reason to look any further. Miles and Mark have both done thousands of weddings and know EXACTLY what they are doing. In our meeting Miles assured us that he would play the kind of music we like and keep certain overused wedding songs (Chicken Dance) on our "do not play list." We were also able to fill out in advance a very specific reception event sheet that included all the special songs, i.e. first dance, mother/son, father/daughter, as well as requesting all our favorite dance tracks to make sure those weren't missed. He also made us confident in his abilities to gauge a party. Specifically saying that if he notices some of the older generation aren't up on their feet, he'll throw in a little Bob Seger to get them up and moving or maybe a little Sinatra to get the parents out on the dance floor for a slow dance. On our actual wedding day, he delivered 100% on what was promised. Miles kept the pace of our wedding moving along, but didn't make it seem rushed. He played a perfect balance of oldies with hip hop and danceable indie rock, while throwing in the perfect slow song at just the right moment when you need to take a breather from dancing too much. We got an added bonus on our wedding day as well, the venue has noise ordinances and all music shuts down at 10pm, unless you're at a venue with a super awesome Barrel Room where you can continue the party, and that is what we did! In the Barrel Room we had Mark set up as our second DJ of the night and that's when the party was turned up even more. Mark played non stop amazing dance tracks, often ending a song a li

Sent on 02/02/2015