Stephen Tang Photo Reviews

12 | San Gabriel, CA

12 Reviews for Stephen Tang Photo

H. · Married on 08/12/2017

Stephen is an amazing photographer! He has such a great eye and was wonderful in giving us direction for the most beautiful photos. We couldn't be more thrilled.

Katherine · Married on 08/09/2017

I've hired Stephen Tang for a number of events. I like the way he works. He's very thorough. Very responsive. He outlines the deliverables and is clear about the expectations you should have for your event. He's certainly dependable and reliable about timing, which is very important to me in a vendor. He's checks off all the logistical boxes on the business side of the experience that are super important to me. On the creative side, Stephen's an artist, so his photography is just incredible. He loves what he does, and that translates throughout his photography work. He's the type of photographer who can create an unforgettable shot, even when he's not dealing with the ideal light or space. I think his personality is one of the huge selling points for me. He's calm and polite. People feel very comfortable talking to him, and having their picture taken. It's a very natural process for him photograph people. You want someone who you can count on and trust to deal with your guests during such important occasions. I love his candids! Love his classics and his lifestyles shots. He's a well rounded photographer in terms of experience, so if you are clear about what you want, you will be blown away by what you get. Just take a look at his work!

Tina · Married on 07/22/2017

Easy to get along with which is key in a photographer. Stephen had shot me and my fiancée's engagement photos and he was fun and easy to work with. The pictures were edited and viewable on an online album within a week! I recommend him for your photography needs.

Angelica · Married on 06/30/2017

From the moment I spoke to Stephen on the phone to discuss the timeline, I knew my husband and I were going to hit it off with him. On our wedding day, Stephen was attentive, enthusiastic, creative, professional, and exuded the right amount of calm during the most stressful parts. He made us feel relaxed and comfortable about taking so many pictures together, something my husband and I are definitely not used to. It was important to us (mainly me, the bride) that Stephen captured certain shots; however, when Stephen truly shined was when we let him do his job and let him capture the moments of our day. As we went through our pictures, Stephen's talent for capturing genuine moments was evident; we couldn't help reliving all of the emotions of our most unforgettable day. The quality of the pictures, the framing, and the editing work was top-notch. The coloring of the photographs is absolutely beautiful. Many of my favorite shots look like were ripped out of a fashion magazine! I'm so grateful to Stephen for documenting our special day and couldn't be more thrilled to share his work with our family and friends. Since our pictures are the only thing from our wedding day that will survive us, having a talented photographer was the most important vendor to book--and Stephen did not disappoint. I highly recommend him to other couples looking to book a wedding photographer. If we had to do it all over again, we would still choose him!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Stephen Tang Photo's reply:

This was one of my favorite weddings of the year! Thank you for sharing your day with me, Angelica. Also, I never hope for do-overs :)

Paul · Married on 06/30/2017

Stephen was a pro from the very first minute. His portfolio stood out amongst the other photographers we were considering, for its superior composition, color palette, and warmth. We're so happy we were able to book him. He was early to the wedding, very prepared, and very affable with all of our guests. He was able to capture the moments we wanted to preserve, and went out of his way to accommodate our requests. He even took a walk with us to take some spontaneous twilight shots, just as the waiter set his dinner in front of him. I'm sure it got cold while we went out shooting, but no complaints from Stephen at all. He truly was there to help us enjoy our day to the fullest, and to give us the best experience possible. The finished photos, after post-proccesing, were exactly what we wanted. Couldn't be happier with Stephen.

Nadia · Married on 03/25/2017

Stephen is a very talented and experienced photographer. I was amazed when I found his website and portfolio, especially by *his style, *the creative usage of lens, depth of field and focus, *framing, *colors and, the most important, *understanding the lighting in photography.
    Normally, I work in the wedding industry myself and I understand it really well. While being bride myself, I wanted to hire a really talented professional with the right set of skills and style.
    After learning that my favorite female photographer (who charges $$$$) was booked a year before for our wedding date, I had to find an equal quality with $$ budget that was left (you all know how budget doubles and triples while preparing for the wedding.. ) Stephen was my "Savior" in this regard. On a very friendly budget he delivered the best photos!
    I also want to add note for other brides: the truth is young male photographers work best during exhaustingly long weddings.. Female or older male photographers would use assistants. Hiring Stephen Tang was a right choice! Stephen's quality, professionalism, speed at wedding, politeness, and the speed of delivery pics were just excellent!
    WE ARE VERY SATISFIED and recommend him for anyone who wants to get "THE BEST DEAL" at wedding photography market

Sent on 04/10/2017

Stephen Tang Photo's reply:

Thank you, Nadia! I never thought about that before - I just try to always do the best job I can, no matter how long the day is! Also, it is a great honor to be selected by another photographer. I know how critical we can be when it comes to our own craft!

Serena · Married on 02/11/2017

Stephen really listened to our requests and did a great job implementing them. We felt he provided high quality service, an easy to deal with personality, and a reasonable price.

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2016

Stephen is fantastic! Stephen is ultra-friendly, super-responsive to e-mails and texts, and has a very artsy, candid, laid-back style of photography that made working with him so pleasant and stress-free, which is so important when there's so much to consider when planning your perfect, dream wedding. Stephen took our engagement photos in NYC (Grand Central Terminal), and wedding photos in Philadelphia (Down Town Club). He was so incredibly patient and responsive through the drafting of the wedding album. He worked carefully and closely with me through three drafts, with major changes in layouts and photos, to produce a ridiculously gorgeous album that perfectly captured the joy and memories of our wedding day. Stephen is amazing and I'd enthusiastically recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Stephen Tang Photo's reply:

Thank you kindly for the opportunity to photograph your wedding, Jennifer. There were a lot of miles traveled and many hours spent working on the album, but it was a very memorable adventure!

Stephen worked with us doing a 2 hour couples portrait session. He is extremely responsive and clear via email. Stephen is flexible and really works with you to plan a session that works for everyone. On the day of, he showed up on time and had clearly thought about where he wanted to shoot around the location. Stephen is very helpful at suggesting poses and ideas for shots. He is friendly, professional and personable without being overly intrusive or overbearing. We're very pleased with the final photos and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable photographer and awesome photos.

Stephen photographed my wedding in California in July 2013, and he is talented, meticulous, and very easy to work with, and I was really grateful to have found him. Before flying out for my wedding, he worked with me on choosing locations, then carefully researched the outdoor locations I had picked, so he would be prepared. Once we were on location, he has a very good and quick eye for composition, lighting, and color, and can improvise on the spot. Our wedding photos turned out beautifully, whether they were posed or candid, and many of them are quite artistic; we were really happy with them, and got lots of compliments as well. Personality-wise, Stephen has a very relaxed, but attentive, demeanor, which worked really well for us. He's also very prompt and responsive, and clearly has great passion for his work, and it shows in his photos.

Beethoven · Married on 06/16/2013

Thank you, Stephen Tang, for being a special part of our wedding. The photos you took are stunning, artistic and most importantly you captured all the moments that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. You were tremendously pleasant to be around. To capture all the important moments and not be noticed is part of why you rock! We are blessed to have found someone so talented, passionate, and an overall fun person to be around.