Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace Reviews

37 Reviews for Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace

1 User photo

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace 1

Katelyn · Married on 07/21/2013

I found Mr. Stephen Laurie through WeddingWire and couldn't have been happier with how things went. At the time of finding him, we had less than two weeks until our ceremony and I was losing hope of finding an officiant. Mr. Laurie was very open to the time crunch and within a couple of days we had the ceremony completely set up. We were able to customize it to exactly what we had wanted. He was extremely kind and our family was extremely impressed with how he conducted the ceremony. I am beyond grateful for how everything went and how open he was to the last minute booking! I would recommend Mr. Laurie to anybody in need of an officiant!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Paul · Married on 07/05/2013

We couldn't have been happier with the service Stephen provided to us not only at the wedding but in the months leading up to it. My wife and I were very hopeful that when we met Stephen for the first time (he came to meet us at a coffee shop several months before the wedding) that he'd be the type of officiant we'd want in our wedding, and he was. I got the impression he would be as involved as we'd like him to be. Through our numerous emails we traded he seemed to genuinely care that we got out of the ceremony exactly what he hoped. I specifically remember Stephen helping keep the mood light, and me from becoming too nervous, as we stood in front of everybody waiting for the bride. He interacted with the wedding parties wonderfully and I remember being asked by my grandmother how we knew him, as if he was a relative on my wife's side of the family. He interacted that well with everybody. It's for these reasons and many more that I highly recommend Stephen, we couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Mr. & Mrs. Frankarelli · Married on 05/27/2013

I have left reviews many times prior to this, however never have I been more pleased with the services received from anyone! When we found Mr. Stephen Laurie, after months of searching and painful disappointment, we were thrilled to say the least. He began with making me feel most welcome to the fact this was all about my fiancée and myself! He asked questions and really truly listened to the answers, so much so, even I was amazed at just how well he paid attention to each and every detail without having to be told more than once! He truly made this experience all about us, the Bride and Groom. Each and every detail intertwined into the Ceremony becoming "Made For Us" and our lives together thus far! He was amazing in so many ways, in EVERY way necessary! When a couple is going to be married, they have so many things on their plate that it is difficult to keep track of many of the Wedding details. Yet, Mr Laurie made each and every step happen with ease, Beauty, and PERFECT! He sent a Mach Ceremony within a couple hours and a plethora of information which made the process all that much more simple for us, the busy couple to plan. From the moment we spoke to Mr. Stephen Laurie, to the moment we said our goodbyes, it was the most amazing, beautiful and stress free Wedding Ceremony we could have ever hoped for..... THANKS TO MR. STEPHEN LAURIE!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Brittany · Married on 03/16/2013

Within 24 hours of initially contacting Stephen (through email back and forth), we had discussed details and received a sample ceremony for our review. Stephen's sample ceremony included readings we had requested as well as beautiful pieces he had suggested. Changes were made per our request and he had tips for us to flawlessly deliver our own vows. Our ceremony was small, (18 total in attendance) but absolutely beautiful and Stephen was great with my husband and I and our families. I would highly recommend him for anyone getting married. All of our guests loved him, and we were honored to have him officiant our wedding! Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

It was a joy working with the two of you! I had so much fun spending some time with both your families - now 'one family'! I wish you nothing but love always, lifelong friends now husband and wife...

Courtney · Married on 03/02/2013

Stephen Laurie was amazing and helped to made our wedding perfect. He never responded more than 12 hours after I'd wrote to him, he wrote out our vows and ceremony perfectly. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone I know looking to get married.

Sent on 03/07/2013

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for letting me officiate your wedding - everything came together beautifully ... after you remembered where the license was!! Best wishes to the two of you and your new life together!

Ashley · Married on 12/16/2012

Stephen was absolutely amazing! He made the ceremony really special for the two of us, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone! Thanks Stephen.

Ashley and Candas

Sent on 12/17/2012

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for making me a part of your celebration! You are beautiful people and a wonderful couple - I wish you all the best of everything, now and always!!

David · Married on 10/18/2012

We contacted Stephen via email about our elopement plans and he was very prompt in responding and offering his services. Our situation was a little complicated with one of us on an aircraft carrier in San Diego and the other in the Washington DC area but Stephen was very accommodating and flexible. We appreciated his willingness to provide some choice readings that were appropriate for our ceremony and guided us through the flow of the ceremony. Stephen was very professional, articulate and prompt for our ceremony and took care of delivering the license to the Town Clerk afterwards. We would highly recommend Stephen to anyone.

Sent on 10/20/2012

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

I was glad to contribute, but it was that amazing poem and the vows you wrote to each other that made the day so moving. Thank you for letting me participate with you on such a beautiful day!

Paul/Linda · Married on 09/15/2012

Steve was very flexible and accomodating to our needs. We were very at ease with him at all times. He does his best to make your wedding day the way you want it to be. He is very personable. I would recommend Steve to you for your wedding.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you so much! Surrounded by family and friends, it was a very moving ceremony... it is clear that you are much loved.
    All my best wishes for a bright future together...

Erin · Married on 07/28/2012

I highly recommend Stephen Laurie as an officiant. He was very professional, flexible and understanding. He had great respect for our needs as a couple but also knew when something wouldn't work and was not afraid to express his opinion. He was easy going, social, and he truely enjoyed his "job" in our wedding and took great pride in his part of our special day.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Yours was such a unique wedding, perfectly fitting for who you are and where your llfe has taken you so far ... enjoy the rest of the journey!!

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2012

stephen laurie was wonderful he answered all of our questions and was able to work with the ideas we had for our ceremony and he also showed up an hour early with us just to make sure everything went off perfectly. We would recommend him to anyone in the area.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Even with all the last-minute rushing about, it did all come together perfectly, didn't it?!? Thank you for your kind words - I wish you both the best of happiness...

Stephen was very well organized and helped us through the entire process. He's very well spoken and has plenty of experience.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Allison · Married on 10/13/2012

Stephen was AMAZING. He incorporated all of the elements that we wanted into the ceremony, provided guidance to help us write our own vows, and was very professional- all on extremely short notice. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It WAS quite a whirlwind, in just a few days, but it all came togther beautifully!! And, your vows were amazing!
    All my best wishes to you both...