Stephen Blackmon Reviews

Stephen Blackmon 3
Stephen Blackmon 4
Stephen Blackmon 5

Steven · Married on 05/18/2013

Stephen did an amazing job with our wedding. He was very professional and courteous in all of our dealings. The photos came out great!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Rodney · Married on 05/04/2013

When looking for a photographer, my wife and I wanted someone that would think outside the box with us... someone that could work with 2 people that dont take good pictures just looking at the camera, but candids. This would require someone that could be at the right place at the right time to capture the moment. Stephen was this and much more. We felt so comfortable around him that is was easy for us to get in a casual mood and take natural photos. He takes such pride in his work and is a very easy guy to get along with.

I would STRONGLY recommend Stephen to anybody who wants more than just photos from their event... someone that wants an artistic touch from an extremely personable pro!

Thanks again to Stephen. Our photos are all that we hoped for and more!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Angela · Married on 12/09/2012

Stephen has an amazing talent and our pictures are wonderful! He provided quality photos that truly captured the essence of our day. He was consistently professional, reliable, and personable. We truly enjoyed working with Stephen!!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Hunter · Married on 10/06/2012

Stephen, these are AMAZING! You were not only an awesome photographer . . . but you added to our overall experience. The words THANK YOU do not scratch the surface of my and Daniels appreciation!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2012

Stephen want above and beyond on all my pictures! He is so cool to work with!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Katii · Married on 06/23/2012

Stephen Blackmon was absolutely fantastic!!! Our pictures are better than I could have ever imagined. He made me feel completely comfortable while taking the "getting ready" shots and had the best suggestions of places to go after the ceremony to take wedding pictures. Stephen was not intrusive in moments my husband and I were sharing with our family and friends, and was able to get pictures that we did not even know he was taking. I would highly recommend Stephen to anyone looking for a great, friendly, professional photographer!!!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Hailey · Married on 04/22/2012

Stephen is so fun to work with!! He shot my engagement photos which were beautiful.

Despite the rain on my wedding day, stephen once again did a wonderful job making sure to get the right shots. I can't wait to see them.

I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Leigh · Married on 04/21/2012

Stephen Blackmon is a phenomenal photographer!! He recently captured the most amazing day of our lives with absolutely gorgeous pictures!! He has such a creative eye and style that adds a special touch to every image. So many of our wedding guests commented on his awesome, down-to-earth personality! He has a way of making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. That certainly helped with all of the jitters before the wedding. I was having so much fun taking pictures with my bridal party that I didn't even realize that it was almost time to walk down the aisle. He is so fun, easy-going, and fits right in with the party, yet maintains a professional attitude. He was even jumping with us on the dancefloor to capture some of our favorite candid snapshots. We truly appreciated having such a creative and talented photographer who went above and beyond to acheive perfection in our photos. He even helped coordinate the photo/design with a local store for our "Save the Date" card. Our memories will be cherished forever thanks to the talents of Stephen!!!

Sent on 05/09/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2011

Stephen was absolutely fantastic, and we couldn't be more pleased! He adapted very well to our over the top partying guests, and blended right in to get so many fabulous candid shots! In addition, the detail and portrait photos are gorgeous and very artistic. He truly showed a variety of techniques in our photos. Stephen is also wonderful to work with - he was very responsive and open to my (sometimes overly obsessive) thoughts, plans, and ideas. So many of our bridal party members commented on how much fun he was - he really seemed like he fit in as a friend/guest and not just someone we were paying to be there! We absolutely recommend using Stephen!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Annie · Married on 05/14/2011

Stephen was wonderful. He was incredibly laid back and easy to work with. Our pictures are beautiful- better than I could have every imagined. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Ann Marie · Married on 04/30/2011

Stephen is professional, relaxed and very responsive. From the first time we met him, we knew he was the top choice for our photographer. He was relaxed with anything that came up on the wedding day and did not seem to interfere with the day as I have seen some photographers do. He has an 'all day' package which was exactly what we needed. When you are planning, you do not know exactly how long you'll want your photographer there, so it's nice to have an all day package that is flexible. The pictures turned out great! Also, we got married in Charleston, but are not from Charleston. When I asked Stephen about some key beautiful, historical sites in downtown to take photos, he thought of places right away and it turned out to be exactly where I wanted.

Sent on 06/04/2011
  • F

Amy · Married on 04/23/2011

Stephen did the photography for our April wedding on Folly Beach. We just got our pictures from him (in about a week!!) and they are absolutely amazing! He captured everything we wanted and it looked stunning. He was great to work with and we didn't even notice he was there during the wedding, yet captured every moment. I would recommend Stephen to everyone I know!!!!! He is wonderful and his work matches his awesome personality!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Deborah · Married on 04/16/2011

At the end of your wedding, the only thing you get to keep after a year of planning is the photos! Stephen did an amazing job with our weddding. He took the time to capture all the details of the day, helped us pick good locations in Charleston for our engagement photos and our wedding portraits. He really has an eye for composition! Stephen is fun to be around and easy to work with. I highly recommend booking him for your wedding, engagement pictures, or just family photos!

Sent on 05/12/2011

Jillian · Married on 10/16/2010

Stephen Blackmon is a WONDERUFUL photographer!! He is such a nice guy and very professional! He knows how to capture the moment. I love our pictures because they don't look staged or posed. They just looked so natural. His pictures turned out wonderfully! Also, if you have any questions to ask him or any concerns, he responds right away to them. The cost was very reasonable and definately worth it! I would recommend him to anyone!! Thank you Stephen for wonderful bridal portraits and wedding photos!

Sent on 11/18/2010

Emily · Married on 10/01/2010

I LOVE STEPHEN! He is truly the best! He took amazing photos, was supportive and reliable when I needed him and went above and beyond what I expected from any photographer. No one could have done a better job!

Sent on 10/20/2010

Trista · Married on 06/26/2010

AMAZING photographer! So easy to work with and does an awesome job at everything!

Sent on 07/12/2010

Dawn · Married on 05/02/2010

Stephen has a way of making you feel as if you have known him for years upon your first meeting. He has a great eye for capturing raw emotion and takes the time to listen. I would recommend him highly to anyone.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Katie · Married on 05/01/2010

Stephen did an excellent job with my bridal portraits and our wedding! He captured the most awesome shots without anyone even knowing! We are very pleased with our wedding photos that create wonderful memories of such a special day. Stephen has amazing talent, very flexible, and ver reasonably priced!

Sent on 03/06/2011

Allie Del Rio · Married on 04/10/2010

Stephen Blackmon is so very talented. He exceeded our expectations by miles! We can not gush about him enough. I'm glad he charged us what he did, but he deserves to be paid much, much more! We have no doubt that his photograph will make many people very happy!

Sent on 05/06/2010

Tiffany · Married on 03/28/2010

LOVED...LOVED...LOVED wording with Stephen! As an out of town bride, I was nervous that I wouldn't have a connection with my photographer, however Stephen put me at ease the first time my (now) husband met him. He is so nice and laid back and I felt totally comfortable with him. When we got our pictures last week I was very pleased. He exceeded both of our expectations. I knew he would get great shots because he was so collabortive during the whole process...and handled himself quite nicely with my demanding bridal party :)
    Needless to say...he got some amazing shots...and provided my husband and I with a lifetime of memories.

Sent on 04/16/2010

Tanya · Married on 11/21/2009

Stephen was an amazing photographer! My husbands biggest worry was that Stephen would be in our faces the entire day however, it was the complete opposite. I have been to weddings where you feel like the photographer was like the paparazzi and you cant enjoy the event. Stephen was ALL over our wedding and got some of the most amazing shots however, you would never know that he was there. He branched out of the norm and had us do creative shots as well as classic shots. He was able to capture moments that I wouldn't have thought of and the quality of his work was way above average. The level of our pictures are at such a quality, I will be submitting many of them to bridal magazines. Stephen is an extremely professional but laid back business person. This made us feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. I would recommend him for any event that requires and artistic touch and will result in amazing moments captured by the camera for people to enjoy for many, many years!

Sent on 04/13/2010

Corey · Married on 10/10/2009

Stephen was absolutely fabulous to work with! We cannot begin to express our many thanks for him helping us to create such a wonderful wedding weekend. Stephen went above and beyond to make our guests and us feel totally at ease. He was always around to make sure things went smoothly when we were not sure of what to do. Our album is nothing short of amazing and we will treasure our beautiful photos forever! If you want an amazing photographer with the eye of and artist who is very well organized, Stephen is it.

Corey and David Hughes

Sent on 04/13/2010

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2009

Coming from two people who hate to be photographed, we loved Stephen Blackmon!I was so nervous about my bridal portraits- I worried that I would look as awkward as I felt, but Stephen managed to get some really amazing photos. He was well organized, prompt, and never over-bearing. He is a genuinely nice guy who has an awesome ability to get even the most unwilling subject of photos to smile and look gorgeous. We recently received our wedding album and, as I have come to expect from Stephen, it was far above our expectations. Thanks to him I have beautiful photos of the most important day of our lives. I highly recommend him to any girl who wants to feel like a movie star on her wedding day!

Sent on 04/12/2010

Michelle · Married on 11/03/2007

Stephen Blackmon was a wonderful wedding photographer ... very responsive to my calls and emails. Was on time and prepared on our wedding day. Did a great job and was reasonably priced. Our wedding album looks amazing!

-Michelle West

Sent on 07/29/2008

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

Stephen and his Black Deer Media crew are fantastic. We had an entire wedding weekend in Charleston planned because our guests were coming from all over the country and we wanted to have more than one days worth of pictures. Stephen was so flexible with allowing us to shuffle hours around with his packages. He was there at the best moments and the picures show it. His pictures are classic, elegant and real. There aren't many "tricks" he needed to do to the pictures because his eye for lighting and quality shots speak for themselves. I highly recommend him and we already know we are going to book him for our one year photo shoot.

Sent on 11/13/2014