Stephanie's Secret Garden Reviews

Stephanie's Secret Garden 5
Stephanie's Secret Garden 6
Stephanie's Secret Garden 7

T · Married on 05/31/2014

Stephanie did the bouquets and I purchased loose flowers from her for my wedding back in May. She was amazing to work with. We must have exchanged HUNDREDS, if not more, emails and I met with her twice for almost 3hrs each time. She is so passionate about flowers and couldnt have been more helpful and patient with me. I couldnt have been happier with my bouquets and flowers. My bouquets were GORGEOUS and the loose flowers were the best quality. If you are looking for a personalize florist for your wedding then Stephenie is the BEST! Her prices are VERY competitive as well and a free consultation!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Stacey · Married on 09/28/2013

Stephanie was awesome! She's very talented and was very accommodating to my budget and schedule. I ordered bouquets, boutonnieres, and loose flowers for centerpiece vases. I was able to pick up my flowers from Stephanie the day before the wedding and drop them off at the venue (Comus Inn) during the ceremony rehearsal. I was a little nervous that they would wilt by the next day, but they looked great! I loved my bouquets!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Jill · Married on 07/27/2013

Stephanie made us feel like family members. She was very warm and welcomin. She was patient and kind and didn't laugh at any of our dumb, novice questions. She even came up with inovative ways to help us save money on our tight budget. She was very flexible - she worked with our schedule and even offered to be up very early (outside of her usual business hours) to meet with us. She is easy going and has a great knowledge of what looks and smells just right for every event. We would HIGHLY recommend Stephanie to any of our friends and family.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Corey · Married on 06/16/2013

I loved my flowers! Stephanie was great. I could tell that she wanted my bouquet and the rest of the flowers to be exactly how I wanted. She was very patient and asked a lot of questions to make sure everything was perfect. Here are some pictures: http://www.brooketysonphotography.com/2013/06/sneak-peek-corey-steve.html

Sent on 07/19/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2013

I gave Stephanie a lot of freedom in designing the flower arrangements for my wedding and she did a wonderful job. She went above and beyond with all her personal touches. It was everything I wanted and all my guests made comments about how beautiful my flowers were. What I loved most about Stephanie was that she was not a huge business where I would get lost in the crowd. Everything was very personal and I never felt pressured or rushed. Stephanie is a very down to earth but professional florist and I would highly recommend her for weddings or any event!

Sent on 07/19/2013

M · Married on 05/11/2013

Stephanie did my brother's fall wedding a few years ago and the flowers were unique and beautiful. When planning for our son's wedding I urged his fiancee to go with Stephanie's Secret Garden. With one thing and another we didn't get to it in a timely fashion, arranging for an appointment the week before the wedding which also happened to be the day before Mother's Day. Stephanie not only fit us in, she did it most graciously and the flowers were perfect.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Marisa · Married on 05/11/2013

Both the bridesmaid bouquets and and my bouquet were unique and gorgeous!

Sent on 12/04/2013

George · Married on 04/19/2013

We live in Florida and our daughter lives in Poolesville, MD. My wife likes to send flowers to our daughter several times throughout the year on special occasions and we always selected Stephanie's Secret Garden to provide the flowers. Every order has been perfect in every way. So, when our daughter told us she was getting married, we knew who to contact to make the flower arrangements. All Stephanie needed from us was: the color of the gown and dresses, the choice of flowers and the delivery location. She then worked her magic. Stephanie sent us photos of various flowers and vases to choose from on line. It could not have been more convenient. The end result was a work of art.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Marni · Married on 06/09/2012

Stephanie was thorough from start to finish. She carefully walked me through a variety of options, which really helped me create the simple elegant wedding that I really wanted. She was also sensitive to my price concerns and let me know when I could substitute a similar flower for a lower price. Throughout the process, Stephanie kept in close communication and never made me feel like I was bothering her. In the end, the flowers and decorations were absolutely perfect. The owner of my ceremony/reception venue said it was the nicest that the place had ever looked. By the way, I think one of the best parts of her service is that she sat down with me several weeks before the wedding and created sample bouquets (for the bride and bridesmaids) as well as a sample centerpiece at no extra cost. After taking them home with me and looking at them for a few days, I was able to suggest a few small changes and feel at ease that my venue would look beautiful on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/04/2012
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 09/10/2011

The flowers that Stephanie put together were so stunning. Stephanie spent countless hours with me figuring out what I liked and wanted. I changed my mind so many times, and she never got frustrated with me, but just kept digging to see what it was I really wanted. My bouquet was prettier than I envisioned, and she made miniature bouquets for the mothers which were just as pretty (I actually would have been just as happy with the mother's bouquets if I was on a tight budget). Would recommend Stephanie in a heart beat.

Sent on 02/07/2012

Cindy · Married on 08/06/2011

Stephanie was awesome to work with. She was mindful of our budget --- yet also our desire to have beautiful flower arrangements for the wedding. She accomplished both.

Sent on 02/07/2012

Juliana · Married on 06/10/2011

My flowers were classic, elegant, and yet still unique. I request a traditional calla lilly and deep red rose bouquet, and Stephanie's designs were exactly what I wanted and more. The little details were what impressed me the most. She's very knowledgable about the flower industry and I knew I could trust her in that area. During our meeting she was brainstorming about the little details she'd like to include and they ended up being what made the design so unique. From the ribbon she used to tie the flowers, the pearl pins she used to keep them in place, to the wrist bands she used for the mother's flowers--everything was beautiful and perfect. What wouldn't hesitate to use her services again or to recommend them.

Sent on 12/04/2011

Karen · Married on 11/07/2009

We contacted Stephanie when we made a last-minute decision (the week before) to order a bouquet, boutonniere and 2 flower arrangements for our wedding. She was very easy to work with despite being on a short timeframe. We met with her to discuss colors and types of flowers we liked, and gave her free rein on the creativity. She made beautiful arrangements using very creative materials (in addition to flowers - including chili peppers and fresh herbs), to fit within our budget. The arrangements still looked good a couple of weeks after the wedding. We highly recommend Stephanie's Secret Garden!

Sent on 11/27/2009

Cassie · Married on 10/15/2016

Stephanie was absolutely amazing for my wedding! She has worked with Strong Mansion numerous times and knows the lay of the land (which is always helpful!). She really took the time to listen to my vision and helped me pick out budget friendly flowers and alternatives for season specific. We worked very closely with one another to pick out the perfect colors and even which flowers would be in those specific colors. I couldn't be more happy with how everything came out. LOVED my bouquet! So dreamy! She even called a few days before to let me know a specific flower did not come in well, but had a replacement. She always kept me informed with how everything was going!

My only suggestion to Stephanie is to create a simple spreadsheet or chart when giving quotes/estimates. I am definitely a Type A personality and like things organized, but it was hard to see overall everything I was paying for and making sure we didn't miss anything when it is sent in paragraphs via email. She does not do any contracts, just a deposit fee that holds your date - that did make me a little nervous (again Type A over here), but she is very reputable and is well known in the community so that put my mind at ease! Another suggestion I have is to keep the sample appointments a little shorter. It was really neat watching her put together bouquets and centerpieces and sit and chat, but 3 hours was a little excessive. It would have been nice if a few things were prepped before my Sister and I got there.

Overall I would absolutely choose Stephanie again to do my wedding and any other event! Amazing artist!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Stephanie is always fabulous to work with. Tell her your colors and she'll come up with ideas. If you've got a vision of something different (we did a hanging ball of white flowers years ago for an[ wedding Open House), she'll make it fabulous. Stephanie is also anxious to make sure her creations fit the personality of the person and the event.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Jenn · Married on 07/06/2012

Stephanie did such an amazing job with my wedding! She pays close attention to detail and had extremely good taste! I simply told her what I was looking for, what the theme of my wedding was and she did exactly what I wanted and more! It's fun working with someone who loves what they do! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/29/2012

Donna · Married on 10/21/2018

Beautiful flowers from Stephanie

Stephanie takes all the time you need to communicate the look you want and works together with you to create that look within your budget. My daughter and I actually visited her shop the weekend of her bridal shower and watched as she created sample bouquets that we were able to use at the shower. She does this so you know exactly what you will be getting the day of the wedding. She is receptive to your providing your own vases, which saved us money . The flowers she uses are of the highest quality and stay looking fresh the whole evening (actually, the bouquets continued to adorn my house for over a week after the wedding). She truly cares about the families she works with and is very receptive to your ideas.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Suzanne · Married on 10/09/2016

Stephanie did a fabulous job creating floral arrangements for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. She has an excellent eye for creating exactly what I wanted. From the start she was helpful in guiding me in which flowers would look good together, and honest about what might not work well. Her execution was spot on and I could not be happier with the outcome of the flowers. Book Stephanie for your events! :)

Sent on 10/11/2016
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/02/2012

Stephanie is one of the most creative people I have ever worked with. She is very patient, she answered every question we could think of and went above and beyond and expectation I had regarding our flowers. She and her assistant Linda made me sample flowers for the bride and bridal party and centerpieces. She spent countless hours with my mom and I designing our arrangements, and was able to pick out the best ideas.
    I was a bit upset wedding day that my bouquet was different than what we had planned. But when I called to ask about it, I understood that the flowers that arrived that time of year for my bouquet came in looking off, so she substituted others that were similar. They looked great, and I'm happy she went ahead and switched them out.

Sent on 09/19/2012
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/21/2018

Wow, Stephanie's work was above and beyond my expectations! I was lucky that she was available as I didn't even contact her until about a month out - my date was the only one she had left for April! She saw my vision and made it happen in record time. I knew our vibes would totally mesh when I went to her rustic chic studio on her family farm. She incorporated the beauty of peonies with my succulent themed wedding - look closely at the bouquet. She helped me design the arch look and suggested ideas to do it on a budget. I provided the fabric, but she hung, along with her flowers creation, the day of. As a bride on a budget, it was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but worth it for the high quality of her work!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Stephanie's Secret Garden 8
    Stephanie's Secret Garden 9
    Stephanie's Secret Garden 10
    Stephanie's Secret Garden 11

Kelsey · Married on 10/14/2017

Our flowers for our wedding looked absolutely beautiful. Stephanie did a wonderful job giving us the green, organic look we were going for while keeping everything structured so it wasn't too "wild." She was able to provide a variety of flowers to go with out color scheme and budget. The flowers were all in great condition and lasted long after the event. Would highly recommend to any couple looking for a florist for their wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Stephanie did a great job with my wedding flowers! The flowers were beautiful and bouquets well done. I was coming from a far distance so she was very accommodating and would work with my schedule when determining our meetings even if they did not fit her shop hours. I was very happy with the service and products!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Charlotte · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

Stephanie is the best! She recently did the flowers for my wedding, and I seriously could not have been happier -- everything was stunning! She has wonderful taste and is flexible and accommodating -- she spent extensive time with me and my mother, talking through options and trying them out. After each meeting, she also sent me home with the samples we worked on so that I could consider them afterwards, which was very kind. She clearly cared about doing a great job, and she certainly delivered! Every detail was beautiful. The one, tiny suggestion I'd make is that I think it might be helpful if she took on a comprehensive planning software. Occasionally, we went over details a couple times because her notes were in a couple places, or didn't have them readily on hand. However, she was very responsive and had all of the details correct, so perhaps it's just personal preference. I would absolutely recommend Stephanie to anyone!! Thank you for the gorgeous flowers!

Sent on 06/25/2016

3.5

Loved Stephanie's personality and her understanding that I wanted everything top notch but not "showy!"

Sent on 11/14/2012

Robin · event on 09/15/2012

Stephanie worked with me to create centerpieces that reflected the tone and the colors of our party. She understood my budget, and worked very hard to find flowers that would ultimately give me the look I wanted with an affordable price point

Sent on 09/18/2012