Stephan Kane Reviews

44 | San Francisco, CA

44 Reviews for Stephan Kane

• crystal

crystal · Married on 04/01/2016

Stephan was great! The music he played for our wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful. We were so greatful to have him as a part of our special and could not thank him enough. If you are looking for beautiful music for your wedding I highly recommend stephan Kane. Thank you stephan for making our wedding truly unforgettable.
    - Crystal & Brendan K.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Stephan Kane's reply:

Hi Crystal! I'm so happy you enjoyed my music. Your wedding was a joy to be a part of and I wish you both all the best! Thank you for the awesome review.

Cheryl · Married on 01/17/2016

Stephan was a great vendor to work with. He was easy to communicate with and prompted to answer any questions I had. I was planning my wedding from California and had a hard time finding the right person to sing or play for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Stephan is a gifted guitarist and glad I came across his profile online. 2 thumbs up and recommend him for your event.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Stephan Kane's reply:

Hi Cheryl! It was great working with you and I enjoyed being able to add music to your exquisite wedding. Thank you for the excellent review!

Stephan was awesome to work with. He played exactly what we wanted and even learned our favorite song for our recessional. We asked him to play with a violinist and he was happy to do so. They sent us samples of them practicing which was amazing. We would definitely work with him again! Thanks!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Chantal · Married on 01/07/2016

We highly recommend Stephan Kane, he was awesome!
    At our request, he played Spanish/classical guitar prior to the ceremony, our songs of choice for the processional and recessional, and cocktail hour.
    We were so grateful when Stephan offered to learn our song of choice for the processional.
    Stephan was lovely to deal with. On the day of the wedding he was very professional but friendly when someone wanted to have a chat. He was responsive to our emails and when we asked for help with the selection, order and style of the songs for the processional and recessional he was very informative.
    Stephan is a phenomenal guitarist and our guests commented on how talented he is.
    We are so pleased with his service, attire, demeanour and professionalism. We would hire Stephan again in a heart beat!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Stephan Kane's reply:

Dear Chantal, thank you again for having me provide music at your wedding. It was truly a beautiful ceremony and I was happy to be a part of it. I wish you and Bryce all the best for a wonderful year ahead!

Stephan was amazing! He learned a new piece for the ceremony and it was even better than I imagined. He was so professional and really created an amazing atmosphere through his music. I would definitely recommend Stephan for any event!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Angie · Married on 12/27/2015

Ladies, if you want a dreamy and romantic ambiance at your wedding with an affordable price tag and no hassle communication, look no further, Stephan is the musician for you! Initially, I was hesitant about spending money on live music and was just going to have a playlist for my daytime wedding at Halekulani because I was finding that most live musicians did not fit in my budget. However, I found Stephan online and was impressed by his affordable rates compared to other musicians. I booked Stephan for both my ceremony, and cocktail hour/reception (he has a special package for this) and I am so happy that I did! From the very beginning, it was such a pleasure working with Stephan. I sent him so many emails with questions and he always responded very promptly (within several hours) and politely. I had also requested a special song for my first dance, which I wanted to be accompanied by a family member for vocals and Stephan not only did this for free (including a practice session) but I was brought to tears by how beautiful the piece turned out! It created a very special memory for my husband and I. Stephan is a very talented and professional musician and I promise you, he will make your already stressful wedding planning process easier!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Stephan Kane's reply:

Dear Angie, thank you for the outstanding review! I enjoyed collaborating with your aunt who sang the song to your first dance. Thank you again for choosing me to provide music for your special day. I wish you and Kelsey all the best!

Mali · Married on 12/12/2015

Stephan was such an awesome addition to our wedding day. The place made it whimsical to have him there. I can't stress enough how Stephan played beautifully with the guitar strings. I loved every string sound played as I heard my wedding party walked down to Elle Guolding "Love me like you do" and to a more traditional Canon in D as I stepped into the chapel. Thank you Stephan for taking your time in learning and playing he songs I requested. Hope this review make you consider Stephan for any eventful occasion. Having him felt like he was also part of the family.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Stephan Kane's reply:

Hi Mali. Thank you so much for your testimony and distinguished review. I really appreciate it! Take care and all the best.

Marilyn · Married on 11/14/2015

You must book Stephan for your wedding ceremony!

Planning a destination in Hawaii from California was such a breeze with vendors like Stephan. Stephan was so easy to work with and extremely profession. I found him on wedding wire and researched his website, where he provides a lists of songs that he can play which also includes audio samples. We corresponded via email a few times throughout the year in regards to song choices and timeline, and he was so quick to respond to emails - much appreciated! On the day of the wedding, Stephan arrived on time and came prepared with his own tent since it was an outdoor wedding. He even provided us with a microphone for our officiant to use since we had not planned for that!!! Even today people are still complimenting how beautiful the ceremony music was! You will not be disappointed booking Stephan!!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Stephan Kane's reply:

Hi Marilyn! That was such a fun wedding with you guys. I'm so happy the weather cooperated at the right and perfect time for the ceremony. Thank you for the excellent review! I wish you both all the best!

Susan · Married on 09/05/2015

If you are considering booking Stephan DO IT! He is a true professional and extremely talented. Stephan was prompt with communication, let us know what to expect, and went above and beyond for our wedding. He surveyed in advance if we had any special requests; we asked if he would collaborate with our family member, who is a professional singer, to come up with a song for our first dance. They met and rehearsed ahead of time and preformed beautifully, and even had more songs as a surprise. Stephan has a wide repertoire and knows when to play slower songs and when to pick up the pace. We booked Stephan for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and partly into the reception. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Karen · Married on 08/15/2015

Stephan provided the ceremony music and cocktail hour music at my wedding and he was nothing short of amazing. From the interaction to confirm the services to making sure everything was in order prior to the event, and providing the music I was looking for at my wedding, I highly recommend Stephan for any wedding event. He is truly talented and is a must if you want the live musical detail at your wedding. Thank you, Stephan!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Kassandra · Married on 07/11/2015

When we were looking for a musician to play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, we really wanted to have someone who not only had an amazing sound, but who would be willing to personalize our song selection. We can't say enough about Stephan, he is an extremely talented classical guitarist, very professional and he really went above and beyond! He learned 10 songs for us that were not in his repertoire and he did such a fantastic job of every single song he played! We received so many complements from our friends and family and highly recommend him. Thank You So Much Stephan for all your hard work and for making the music on our special day absolutely perfect! :)

Sent on 10/28/2015

We actually didn't plan to have Steve play at our wedding, but we feel so lucky to have gotten to make his acquaintance through another musician who we originally contacted. We had heard Paul Issac around town and really liked his music so we had originally contracted with him to play through our appetizers and then to ramp it up to the dancing time. Unfortunately ( actually fortunately :) ) Paul couldn't make it until after the appetizer so he introduced us to Steve. Paul made the arrangement for Steve to play classical guitar for our appetizers and then once Paul arrived and dinner/ dancing started they both turned up the amps and played some awesome homecooked Hawaiian style jams. So obviously Steve is a very talented and diverse musician. We couldn't have been happier with the way things turned out.

Steve's solo style was perfect for our appetizer time. We really liked his classical ( and very classy) take on songs that we know and like. Steve and Paul made our event feel classy, organic and fun. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Stephan was great! We had a smallish ceremony in an ocean cove and the mix of classical and contemporary music set the mood both pre-ceremony and during. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other couples looking for an acoustic guitarist on Oahu.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Rui · Married on 05/24/2015

Stephan Kane's booking offered the option guitar duo with Luke Trimble. The service was very professional. Steve replied to all of my emails in a timely and kind manner. Being a former pianist myself, I know that some musicians can be touchy when clients give preferences or ask for certain music -- not the case at all with this wonderful guitar duo. From Steve's large repertoire listed on his website, I chose the majority of the songs for the hour of the ceremony. Songs not in his listed repertoire, Steve was very accommodating in arranging for us: I enjoyed what he did with my special request for Debussy - Clair de Lune. He was also kindly kept the time flexible so we could move the hour up and down by ~15 minutes while we confirmed last minute details with the venue and other wedding vendors.
    BOTTOM LINE:
    Steve is a well organized, great musician who was a joy to work with for my wedding. His services (and the option to book him as a duo with Luke) are high quality and were a worthwhile investment. We were lucky to have found him. And I recommend to book him while he's still available for your event!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/15/2014

We found Stephan Kane through an internet search for wedding musicians. We wanted a solo guitarist to play classical music while guests were arriving, to provide the processional and recessional music for the ceremony, and to play more contemporary pieces during the cocktail hour. Stephan more than lived up to our expectations. He met with us some weeks before the wedding, and was extremely helpful in explaining what he offers and in assisting us in compiling our list of pieces.

His playing was simply beautiful -- he created the perfect ambiance, and many of the guests complimented his musicianship. His playing brought tears to my eyes as I walked down the aisle. His rates are very competitive, and he even adapted a favorite song of ours, at no extra charge, to play during the recessional. His demeanor is professional and friendly, and he looked like he was having a great time playing for us. We would use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Nancy · Married on 08/29/2014

Wonderful classical guitar music for both our ceremony and cocktail/dinner hour. The guests loved it!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Rebecca · Married on 08/07/2014

My fiance (now husband) and I were interested in having a musician play during our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. My wedding planner sent us a few suggestions. My fiance (who has a background in music) was particularly impressed with Stephan so we decided to go with him. I am glad we did. Stephan was great. The music was lovely (we chose a mix of Hawaiian and contemporary but he also does classical) and a good match for the venue. Several guests complimented his playing afterward at the reception - overall we were completely satisfied with Stephan Kane and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/17/2014
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/02/2011

Stephan is an amazingly gifted guitarist, and a really wonderful young man. He not only traveled from Ashland to Portland for the rehearsal and wedding, but added 3 new songs to his repetoir for our wedding. Gotta love him.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Stephan Kane's reply:

Hi Erin and Marty. Thank you for the great review! I just signed up to be listed on weddingwire.com and it must have stored the review you had written about my music for your wedding until just now. So, thanks! Hope you guys are doing great!

Brenda · Married on 07/19/2015

Absolutely amazing! We were so lucky that Stephan was in our area and was able to provide the perfect ceremony music. His music during the ceremony set the tone for the entire magical evening and made my daughters special day that much better. He was so easy to coordinate with. Exceptional musician and the ultimate professional.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Stephan Kane's reply:

Hi Brenda. Thank you for the great review. I'm happy we were able to make it work for me to provide music for your daughter's wedding during my short trip there in Oregon. Timing couldn't have been better. I wish you guys well!