Stems Omaha Reviews

Stems Omaha View more information

3.7

Belma S. Married on 06/20/2020

The perfect flowers!!!!

We did our wedding flowers through Stems and we couldn't be happier. Laura was a pleasure to work with, and made the process unbelievely easy. While deciding she showed me examples of the flowers sp things were easier for me to visualize and decide on. We also came the day before to see everything which was really nice! My flowers turned out perfect. I couldn't have been happier. I was also able to preserve them really well which makes me super happy!
  • Sherri
    Sherri G. Married on 01/11/2019

Beautiful flowers, wonderful experience

Stems did an absolutely wonderful job on the flowers for my wedding. Everyone there is welcoming and they make you feel like part of the family from the moment you walk in the door. Laura had several good ideas for my flowers and made a point to make sure that they were exactly as I had envisioned.
    Melissa Married on 10/24/2021

Warning: long post

When I went in to “preview” my bridal bouquet the first time, the store manager, was working on it when I walked in at 1:00. She asked me to come in at 11:00 then another employee said 1:00. Either way, one would of thought everything would of been done. I was floored when I saw my bouquet, meaning I almost started crying bc it was NOTHING like my inspiration photo which I have attached along with what the manager “threw” together last minute. She knew I was extremely upset, but when another bride walked in, she immediately put my flowers down that she was working on, and helped this other bride!!! She was also there to preview. The store manager and another coworker just sat there talking to this other bride like they were all best friends. They even asked this other bride if they could see photos of the bridesmaid dresses!! This is all while I’m standing there ready to cry over my half-a$$, thrown together, last minute bouquet!! Yes, that other bride clearly had a much larger wedding than I did and that was very evident that in that shop it takes precedence over smaller budget weddings.

After being upset, I went to my car where my husband was, told him what happened and showed him photos. He couldn’t believe it. I went back in for something, I honestly can’t remember what, but when I went back in the shop was talking about me!!! When they realized I walked in, they were like deer in headlights!!

The store manager told me to come back the next day to preview yet another bouquet. She thought maybe 1:00, then another employee said 2:00. So my husband and I rearranged our whole days schedule based on this “preview” at Stems! 2:00 I texted the employee asking when we could head over. The said employee texted back “probably going to be around 4, we’re just getting to our last wedding set up, then we will be back to the shop.”
    5:24 My husband and I are growing more and more upset because we have a ton of stuff to still do and some of it was across town but we wanted to stay close so that we can just zip on over to Stems when they called. I texted said employee again
    5:39 Said employee texted back “OK, bouquet is ready to be viewed and the arch swags.”
    We went and once again disappointment set in. Said employee & store manager were clearly very, tired from setting up their LARGE orders and it showed. Said employee just got done with one of my arch swags. I ordered 2. I wanted to scream! It was literally yellow-y hydrangeas with barely any greenery. It looked like a FUNERAL arrangement! And there was NO dimension, like none! It was literally a blob and it looked worse the farther away you got! Both said employee and manager just kept saying how they thought it was so nice looking! Of course they would because they were exhausted and didn’t want to work on any of my flowers anymore, even though these clearly should’ve been done before 5:30pm, less than 24 hours till my wedding! Again, I was put on the back burner. I told them to add pampas grass, and some greenery. It was ridiculous that I was telling them, the professionals what to add to my arch swags! I’m in the medical field NOT in floral designing! The manager kept wanting to add these burgundy flowers that looked horrible. We already had to change my color scheme once and now she’s doing it again! There was not a single burgundy flower in my updated bridal bouquet! And yet she just kept saying how it would look nice to have burgundy in my swags. She clearly did not care what everything looked like together as a whole picture.

On that Wednesday, my husband and I took our updated paperwork in for our reception. (Ceremony & Reception were on 2 separate days) And we wanted to finalize payment. We went to the desk where said female was. She did not greet us or anything. When she finally looked up I asked if the store manager or said employee was there and she said no! That was it. She acted as if we were bothering her. I told said female I had updated paperwork that I wanted to go over and I wanted to make payment, and I showed her the paperwork and she said there was nothing she could do and they weren’t there. I said “okay when will they be back?” She gave us attitude and said “ they’re both off today won’t be back till tomorrow.” Then another older lady, walked behind the counter and said female proceeded to show her on the computer the deliveries that had gone out, while my husband and I were still standing there! I looked at said female and told her that I needed to talk to somebody about my wedding reception that was in less than 2 days! She continued to be snippy and rude and I ended up walking out. But as I was walking out said female rudely said “are you leaving that paper here?” Really? My husband and I just laughed and walked out. I was so upset with her, I called said employee and left a voicemail. Nothing more was ever said. I did call the shop back and said female answered and I did ask AGAIN how I can get in touch with the owner and she said she didn’t know any way and she would ask the store manger. Mind you, I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get in contact with “the owner” and NOBODY could or would initiate that phone call or email to him!

Months ago when my husband and I met the store manager for the first time, we showed her inspiration photos and it was known from the very first visit that I wanted a trio of floating candles with lots of greenery, red roses and Queen Anne lace. (I will attach a photo as well of my inspiration photo.) Since the store manager did NOT want to deal with me anymore she stayed in the back anytime I came in and had said employee help me. So said employee and I met the day before my reception and he wrote everything down. I told him again, I wanted full greenery with the trio of candles.—I literally got rose petals on every single table, absolutely no greenery and it was reported by my colleagues that they only had 2 floating candles on their table. That’s not what I paid for AND certainly not what I wanted.

I was pushed to my limit! My color scheme was ruined for my ceremony, Flowers did not match my girl’s dresses. I was the laughingstock of the shop to say the least. Not to mention, feeling not of importance whatsoever, and it showed in their work.

I decided AGAIN to try to and get the owners contact information. So I called the shop and a male answered. I vaguely told him my story and he continued telling me he did not have that information and he would have to ask the store manager. I told him she is part of the problem though and all’s he said was “sorry I can’t help you!”