64 Reviews for Stella Event Design

64 Stella Event Design Reviews

Jessica and Team did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! We didn't have much vision when we arrived but she helped us fine tune what we were looking for, suggested flower picks, color choices, etc. Especially loved that she sent me a picture as they were prepping a few days before to make sure we were in line with what we wanted. We were able to make a small tweak that I wouldn't have had the chance to otherwise. Took some of the large arrangements home and enjoyed them several days later.
Also her wedding ceremony set-up was stunning!!! Just what I had envisioned for the beach wedding we wanted. the chairs were clean and nice, the bamboo arch worked perfectly, love loved the chiffon fabric draping and asymmetrically hung floral was perfect. Truly stunning...
Thank you!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica did an excellent job on decorating outdoor ceremony and indoor reception for my wedding in May. She was very professional, friendly and flexible to work with. I had customized proposal on how I would like to have the sites decorated to be within certain budget, Jessica made it happen and even more beautiful than I expected! I’m very happy with her amazing work and really appreciate it!

Profile Picture J, 5/21/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Working with Stella Events was probably the most important decision we made in planning our wedding. Holden and Mary Beth went above and beyond any expectation we had. They gave wonderful suggestions and advice. They listened to our ideas and concerns and gave thoughtful and helpful responses. Stella also was our florist and they made the most beautiful arrangements for both our ceremony and our reception. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding and Stella Events had a HUGE part in making everything perfect!

Profile Picture Stefan, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I was completely blown away by Stella Event Design's work! We hired them for day of coordination services, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Throughout my planning process, Holden answered my millions of questions quickly, patiently, and thoughtfully. He coordinated with all my vendors leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding, he (along with his team of Sidney and Lindsey) executed every detail flawlessly. My family and I spent most of the day relaxing, with nothing to do! Holden took my vision for both the ceremony and reception and made them happen as if they were his own, and we heard over and over again how perfectly the whole day unfolded. Being able to be present and enjoy every moment of your wedding is a gift, and I cannot begin to thank Stella Event Design, and Holden, enough for their talent and everything they did to make my wedding day the best day of my life. They will always be so dear to me as a huge part in making the whole day a success! I would highly recommend Stella Event Design, especially Holden, for wedding coordination services.

Profile Picture Katherine, 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
4.7

We are so grateful to Holden, Jessica and the entire Stella team! We contracted them to provide day-of coordination and floral-design services for our Michigan farm wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the result.

When we initially met with Jessica, we were impressed by her calm confidence. She clearly knows her stuff, and she made us feel so completely relaxed and comfortable. Unlike other planners that we met with, she never tried to up-sell us or make us feel as though our medium-sized budget was insufficient for our design vision.

Our day-of coordinator, Holden, absolutely nailed it. He made us feel so comfortable throughout the planning process. He was calm, candid and accommodating, even in spite of my occasionally picky requests!

Everything flowed so smoothly on our wedding day, and we have received so many compliments from our guests. The flowers were just... oh my gosh. So beautiful. I was initially a bit weary of booking Stella for floral design because it's a service they only recently started offering. But, wow, I was so pleased. Holden executed the arrangements perfectly. They were exactly what we had envisioned. At a certain point I had to stop and just allow myself to be amazed by how pretty everything was. The bouquets were just lovely, the ceremony arch was exactly what I'd hope for, and the centerpieces were the perfect balance of soft elegance and rustic texture. Just what we'd asked for.

Our families were so happy to have Stella there as well. My mom specifically complimented Holden on his calm leadership style, and we were all amazed with how beautifully and efficiently he and his team brought our vision for our farm wedding to life. Price point was super reasonable, too. I only reduced the professionalism rating by .5 stars because there was one minor floral element that didn't make it into the reception tent, but that's peanuts compared to how beautifully and perfectly everything else came together. I highly recommend Stella!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
4.7

Stella Event Design provided full service wedding planning for my October 2013 wedding. I was not a bride who was overly excited about the idea of planning my wedding - it seemed more stressful than fun! The idea of making endless calls to vendors frustrated me, and while I had some vague design and color ideas, I felt the need for someone with an artistic eye to bring everything together into a cohesive look...enter Stella Event Design! I was able to take more of a "hands-off" approach, turning many of the design aspects and decisions over to Jessica. I am so glad that I did, because the details were perfect and the day flowed beautifully. We did not have to worry about a thing - from the set up to to the clean up, everything was done for us, and we were able to relax and truly enjoy a stress-free day. Jessica also makes outstanding recommendations for vendors based on your style and budget. I adored every one of my vendors, and could not have been happier with her suggestions. One of my vendors even called Jessica "wedding gold", and I absolutely agree with this statement!

Whether you're someone like me who needs quite a bit of extra help for full-service wedding planning, or if you're someone who loves the process and just needs a little extra help on your wedding day so that things flow smoothly (or anyone in-between!), I would absolutely recommend planning services by Stella Event Design!

Profile Picture Libby, 10/12/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was completely blown away by Stella Event Design's work! We hired them for day of coordination services, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Throughout my year long planning process, Jessica and Holden answered my millions of questions quickly, patiently, and thoughtfully. They coordinated and provided our beautiful decor rentals, and in the few weeks before the wedding, Holden was my rock! The day of the wedding, he and Chardonnay executed every detail flawlessly, so much so that not only were we on time (unheard of for me!), but my family and I spent most of the day relaxing, with nothing to do! When circumstances required an impromptu MC for the reception (we didn't have a DJ), he stepped in with grace and charm. Holden took my vision for both the ceremony and reception and made them happen as if they were his own, and we heard over and over again how perfectly the whole day unfolded. Being able to be present and enjoy every moment of your wedding is a gift, and I cannot begin to thank Stella Event Design, and Holden, enough for their talent and everything they did to make my wedding day the best day of my life. They will always be so dear to me as a huge part in making the whole day a success!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/28/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Jessica on design services and Holden for my day-of coordination for my wedding in Saugatuck this past September. Both were a pleasure to work with, and helped make our wedding day so fun, easy, and beautiful!

The design process was SO fun. I added all sorts of pictures to a Pinterest board that Jessica then used to come up with our own very personal design scheme (flowers, colors, linens, centerpieces, etc.). I couldn't believe how it all ended up reflecting my taste and style so perfectly. We had to find all the vendors for our venue, so it was great not to have to worry about buying all the centerpiece items, picking out the flowers, etc.

We were initially going to use a family friend for our day-of coordination, but realized it's best to leave that important task to the professionals. Jessica and Holden were great about adding that service on for us, and even gave us a discount to reflect that we didn't need the vendor referrals (because we'd already secured quite a few). Holden was very organized leading up to the day, and always quick to respond. He had everything totally under control on the day so that all we had to do was show up. I was so glad he was there at the rehearsal to orchestrate it all in a timely fashion. He was never pushy, always happy to help with whatever we asked, and a pleasure to work with.

People told me we didn't need a wedding planner. Trust me, you do. It's money well spent, and I think all my guests who raved about how beautiful our wedding was would tell you the same.

Profile Picture Katy, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Stella Event Design and Jessica were truly, absolutely amazing. Jessica made the process of planning my dream wedding stress free and so fun! She was able to take the vision of what we wanted and duplicate it, if not making it even better. Jessica was so flexible - always willing to travel to us to meet or go out of her way to do something for us. My husband's goal was to have Jessica allow for me to be completely calm on our wedding day, which is exactly what happened. I didn't have anything to worry about because I was confident Jessica would handle everything. She had relationships with so many vendors in the West Michigan area which especially helped when we had an Etsy vendor take our money and run after we placed an order for our invitations. Stella Event and Jessica were fabulous and without a doubt would be highly, highly recommended to anyone looking for a planner.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica provided the Full Service Planning for my daughter's September 2013 wedding. I can tell you that it was worth every penny! The wedding was an outdoor reception along the shore of Lake Michigan. We had to rent everything - tent, tables, chairs, dishes, grills, etc. Jessica was able to secure the rentals at a significant discount and we were able to save more than half of her fee by not renting everything on our own. We also were scammed by a wedding invitation designer from Etsy and Jessica stepped right in and connected us with a local person she knew that was able to get our invitations complete on time in a super short turn around time. Jessica met with our florist with us and in her sweet and gentle manner was able to slightly modify the florist's design to better fit with the "look" Jessica was creating for us at the reception. She never made the florist feel uncomfortable. The tent and tables were gorgeous and everyone commented on them! She is a wonderful team player and worked beautifully with the vendors we had selected on our own. Jessica was extremely calm and unflappable which allowed my husband and I to thoroughly enjoy every minute of all the festivities. I would HIGHLY recommend her.

Profile Picture Mary Kay, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Invitations, Wedding Planning

We decided to hire a day-of wedding coordinator on the recommendation of our DJ and I’m so glad we did. I knew right away that we wanted Stella Event Design from the moment I landed on their website. Jessica and Holden know what they are doing…period. When I shared our decision with the rest of the wedding vendors it was like they all breathed a sigh of relief because they knew the day would run smooth.

Holden was my coordinator for the day and after meeting with him just a few times I felt like I had known him for a long time. His dedication, enthusiasm, creativity, kindness, and attention to detail made it seem like he cared about the wedding like a friend or family member instead of a vendor.

Like all weddings we had a few hiccups and Holden was right there through them all. There were several issues that he solved behind the scenes without me even knowing. I can’t tell you how may times I had to say, “go find Holden,” or “Holden will take care of that.” At some point we got stuck with our two dogs because nobody could get them back to the daycare. Holden’s assistant Chardonnay jumped in and spent all evening walking them and taking them on potty breaks. There were also several times where I would catch Holden’s eye and he would nod to me with a smile as if to tell me that everything was handled and under control. Finally right before the ceremony began, when emotional exhaustion set in and I was overwhelmed with family drama, Holden appeared in the small dressing room. Everyone had been ushered out and we stood alone for a few minutes. He dried a few tears, fluffed my dress, and somehow just saved the day with a few creative quick fixes. He had this wonderful calming effect on me.

In the end, I would strongly suggest Stella Event Design to any Bride that is looking for a stress free day. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Holden, Jennifer, & Chardonnay for all the love, support, and hard work. My wedding day was a dream come true!

Profile Picture Alex, 8/3/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to work with Jessica and from the first moment we met her she was very enthusiastic, organized and had great ideas. Since we live in Chicago and were going to get married at our lake house in Michigan, we decided to invest in a wedding planner and it was the best decision ever! Jessica was always full of great ideas, was a great listener and understood exactly the type of wedding we wanted, and she always did her best to stay true to our wishes.
We got married 3 days ago and I am still in disbelief at how seamless everything was. Jessica has a great rapport with the vendors, she took care of everything, and we literally did not have to worry about anything at all.
I highly recommend the full wedding planning package. We weren't sure if it was the best choice, but it took away so much stress knowing Jessica was taking care of everything. We met at her office and she is completely professional, organized beyond belief, and is always upbeat and happy. Our wedding day was a dream come true, and a lot of that is credited to Jessica and her excellent team (Holden included!) who made everything just perfect.
Thank you Jessica - we called her JLo(from the movie) : ) - we can't thank you enough!!!!!

Profile Picture User3003141, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica and Holden with Stella Event Design were both absolutely fantastic!!!!! I got engaged in March, planned our Michigan beach wedding from the Chicago area, and was married by July...they helped me plan and have the wedding of my dreams within 4 months!! Stella did my flowers as well and people have been raving about them!!!! I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were and would recommend them in a heartbeat!!!!

Profile Picture Leslie, 7/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holden @ Stella Event was wonderful and made my wedding just perfect! Planning from Cincinnati proved very difficult and he stepped in and really did a fantastic job taking my direction and running with it. The one thing that I especially loved was that he called all my vendors the week of the wedding to touch base with them and ensure everything would be exactly where and how i wanted it to be. This was a huge help as i had a million other things to do that week, including traveling up to Michigan. Thank you to Stella Event for making my day one I will never forget.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Stella Event Design was the best decision I made for my wedding. Jessica, the lead planner, coordinated my wedding and she was reliable in every way and has a personality that could make even the most nervous person relaxed and comfortable. She provided every service with professionalism from designing a budget, recommending vendors, designing the look of the reception and making the rehearsal, wedding and reception go smoothly. My family, wedding party, and myself all got to enjoy the entire day with no stress b/c Jessica did the set-up, made sure vendors were on time, gave vendor tips, did the take down, and much more that I don't even know b/c I didn't have to be concerned with any behind the scenes. I would recommend Stella Event Design to anyone that wants their day to be sensational!

Profile Picture Janelle, 11/17/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stella Event Design exceeded my expectations at every turn! They helped bring the vision my husband and I had for a laid-back and relaxed but still carefully planned wedding to life. From their ongoing counsel and wedding expertise to design concepts and day-of flow, we could not have done it without them! To have them there on the day of the event was priceless and allowed me to enjoy my wedding as much as my guests did. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat, only I won't need to! :)

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/13/12, 1 Review
4.7

I worked with Jessica Pennington at Stella Events as my coordinator, and she was great. I found myself with a to-do list a mile long 3 months before me wedding, and Jessica really helped me find all my final vendors and put together my timeline for the wedding. Since I was getting married 3 hours from where I live, I wasn't familiar with any of the businesses out there, so her knowledge of the local vendors was really invaluable. Jessica was also there at my rehearsal and assisted with timing the bridal procession during the ceremony, as well as coming to my venue the morning of my wedding and putting all my details and decor together.

The wedding was everything I hoped it would be and more, and I owe a lot of that to Jessica and Stella Events.

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/5/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica and Brittany both helped us tremendously with every aspect of our wedding! They answered ever email and phone call in a timely matter and always had a helpful response for every question. They were both so inviting and kind and never made us felt like we were asking too many questions. I had a vision of what I wanted my wedding day to look like but didn't know exactly how to execute it so thankfully Brittany and her whole team did! Everything from the decor to the schedule of the day was perfect and everything we wanted!. Stella events also referred us to other amazing vendors to help make our wedding great and we loved everyone that worked with us on that day, which was all made possible thanks to Stella!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Stella Event Design team exceeded my expectations! I found their creative and inspired designs to be right on target for our vision for a wedding weekend celebrating family, friends, and our new life. We enjoyed the detailed plans that the Stella Event Design team prepared giving us a really clear picture of how we could maximize our budget. The preferred vendor/supplier list also made our research much more efficient by reducing the need to contact pages upon pages of potential suppliers.

I loved that Stella Event Design checked in periodically to see how our planning was going. They managed the coordination with several of our suppliers/vendors to ensure a successful and stress-free wedding day. To that point, I spent the entire day at the spa with my maid-of-honor relaxing knowing that Stella Event Design had it all under control. I even have pictures of my groom "chilling" the afternoon of our wedding day since I reassured him Stella Event Design would take care of all the details and set up.

Investing in wedding planning services was the second best decision I made (picking a pretty amazing husband to wed ranks at the top of the list!).

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

PRE-WEDDING: I was stressing out big time when we decided to hire Stella Event Design. By the time we did, the wedding was only a few months away and mostly planned, but since my husband and I were getting married in Michigan and living in Chicago, we needed serious help with a few odds and ends, like finding a baker in the area and figuring out the marriage license process, etc...Jessica was a huge success in helping us tie up those loose ends so we knew we were going into our big day with everything taken care of.
DAY-OF: Our wedding was very DIY, so there was A LOT of setup. I mean, A LOT. I was worried that Jessica and her crew wouldn't be able to get everything set up in time and that if they did, it wouldn't match the wedding in my head, but everything turned out perfectly! And anytime we hit a roadblock, Jessica and her crew were there to help us, from ordering more alcohol when we started to run out before we even started dinner (oh brother!!) to helping coordinate rides for all of us at the end of the night when one of our shuttles broke down on the side of the highway. I ended up driving a group of my drunk friends back to the hotel, but so did Jessica! Which I can't thank her enough for. She went above and beyond what we hired her to do. The only reason she didn't get a perfect 5 on everything is because a few pieces of wedding decor are still missing. No big deal though, because I was just going to sell them online anyway!

Profile Picture Leah, 7/28/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica made our daughters wedding go off without a hitch. Her attention to detail and our daughters wishes made the day perfect

Profile Picture Pam, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica Pennington far exceeded our expectations. She was totally on top of all of the many details and did a fantastic job. She used creativity and skill in creating a magical venue. The vendors she recommended ALL came through in a spectacular fashion. The weeks before the wedding we shipped things to her, called her, emailed her and she was wonderfully responsive. Having her took the stress out of the event. Call me anytime if you have questions. I am the MOB, Kathy Carrier, (260) 403-6746 or email me: kcarrier@keepsakethreads.com

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica was awesome to work with! She was always available prior to the wedding day if issues arose, and on the wedding day she made it seem so seamless. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can not say enough good things about Stella Event Design. They made the entire experience of planning a wedding stress free and fun. Jessica and her staff are professional, energetic and great to work with. I couldn't have asked for anything more from my wedding planner.

Profile Picture Andi, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica and her team made our wedding phenominal from start to finish. Our first meeting she informed us that there was a huge golf tournament occuring in St. Joseph on the weekend we were considering for our wedding. We had spoken with 3 reception venues prior to our meeting, and none had mentioned the tournament or the logistical issues it would pose for our day. We right then how valuable she would be to our wedding planning experience.

She had the ability to hear our ideas and transform them into reality. She was never overbearing, and just wanted to give us the wedding of our dreams on our budget. She was there with us through the whole process and was always available to help us navigate bumps in the road. If you are looking for a down to earth, creative, and exceptionally organized planner .... Jessica is your girl!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/12/12, 1 Review