Stehman Photography Reviews

13 | Tampa, FL

13 Reviews for Stehman Photography

Brittany · Married on 08/02/2012

Not only did Carla come early and stayed late but she helped me with all questions I had during the process. I am so glad and lucky to have had her as my photographer. WHAT AMAZING PICTURES!!!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Anna · Married on 08/26/2011

Stehman Photography was the photographer we decided to go with for our wedding. We did quite a bit of research before the wedding both in terms of style and cost and Stehman Photography had everything we were looking for and more. Carla included a special engagement session for us with our package and it was so much fun. Then leading up to our wedding day she stayed in touch to make sure we got everything we needed. During the wedding Carla and her husband Vick were amazing. Our family, bridal party and guests all thought they were easy to work with and fun to be around. During the ceremony she was invisible and still we have beautiful photos from each special moment. Our proofing site was availlable about 6 weeks after the ceremony and I was amazed to find 1000 photos to choose from - each and every one of them was awesome. I did not find a single photo that I didn't like. We are so happy with Carla and Vick that I have now placed an order for a custom wedding album. She sent us the proof and it is fantastic!!! I can't wait to get the album in my hands. We have been very happy with Stehman Photography and know that other brides will be also.

Sent on 11/18/2011

Kathleen · Married on 07/08/2011

Carla and Vick of Stehman Photography are amazing photographers! After two sisters that got married before me, I knew what i wanted and what I didn't want. Stehman Photography was everything I wanted. They capture the most spontaneous meaningful moments, where it is not a pose it just naturally us. They are an amazing team and together take breath taking photos, that make breath taking memories. They are very nice and try to get to know you make you feel comfortable. I had a great experience and would not go anywhere else. My sisters wish they would have found Stehman Photography for their weddings. They are super helpful and have had everything for me as needed. We will definitely use them in the future for family portraits and other events. No complaints At all!!! Just good things all around.
    Kathie & James 7/8/2011 ~ Clearwater, FL

Sent on 10/06/2011

Jillian · Married on 06/04/2011

My fiance' and I were going to Florida for the Phillies Spring Training and decided to get out engagement pictures taken there. I googled photgraphers in the area and found Stehman Photography. After looking at thier website I decided to go for it! Carla is AWESOME!! She spend over 2 hours with us taking pics. Her responsiveness to our wants and needs was amazing. We loved all of our picutres, our 16x20 is great and the book she designed of us is priceless!!!!! I would highly recommend Stehman Photography to everyone! We are getting married on NYE 2011 and I am so sad that Carla doesn't live closer, I am having such a hard time finding some even comparable to her!!!!!! If you are looking for a excellent, compasionate, fun, and professional Photograpy company I high recommed you go for Stehman!!!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Emma · Married on 02/02/2011

My fiancé and I were planning a small destination wedding in Sarasota. Since we live in NY, the only photographer suggestions that we had were from our venue and from the Internet. I contacted over half a dozen photographers and their prices were either outrageous or they did not want to want to do what my fiancé and I wanted to do for our wedding! My fiancé and I did not want to see each other before the wedding, but we were told that it was not a good idea and they'd prefer to take photos of my fiancé and I before the ceremony. We also wanted to do a fun, playful beach photo shoot the day after the wedding, but I was told by several photographers that it wasn't necessary since our wedding was already on the beach and we could take beach photos after the ceremony. Aren't the photographers supposed to do what their client wants?
    After being EXTREMELY frustrated, I discovered Stehman Photography on The Knot and this website. The reviews were unbelievable, so I called Carla's company and I was able to get in touch with arla very quickly. To my surprise she was SO friendly and sweet and I really enjoyed speaking with her. I IMMEDIATELY knew that she was different from the other photographers. All of my ideas were enthusiastically supported by Carla and she even thought that the "day after" beach photo shoot was a great idea!
    Carla of Stehman Photography was extremely quick and responsive to my e-mails and phone calls from the time I booked her up to our wedding and even after the wedding! She and her assistant (her husband Vick) were WONDERFUL at our wedding. We barely noticed that they were there, yet they managed to capture such beautiful and unique photos. So many of our guests kept complimenting me on picking such a great photographer and kept saying, "Where did you find her? She's awesome!" Two of my friends actually said that they wished they could get married again so Carla and Vick could take the pictures! The album she designed is absolutely beautiful and fits our style perfectly, I am so happy I decided to include it with our package.
    We wish we lived in Florida so we could use Carla and Stehman Photography again!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Lynne · Married on 10/30/2010

My fiance and I chose Carla to be the photographer for our engagement photos because of what I had seen of her on her website. Her photos looked not only professional, but it seemed that she had a real insight and personal connection to the couples/events/families she photographs. Once we contacted her, she got back to us right away to discuss dates, pricing, what we were looking for, etc. She was also flexible with us on dates and times.
    We had chosen a location for some of the pictures (the U. of Tampa campus) and also wanted to do a few beach shots at sunset. We didn't really know where to go for this, so Carla suggested a beach that was not too far away and would provide some good sunset shots - I felt comfortable that she spoke from personal experience. When we were downtown, she also suggested we do a few fun shots at a couple other spots that would be unique to where we are living (ex: Tampa Theater), which we both really liked. Again, she was very knowledgeable on the area and what places work well for photos.
    During the photo shoot, Carla and her husband (who helps as her right hand man) walked us through different shots, poses, etc - always making sure we were comfortable, at ease, and most of all - that we were enjoying ourselves. We are both not too familiar with having our picture taken or being the center of attention, but Carla made this process fun and easy! With each picture, we became more comfortable and I think we both started to really get the hang of it. The emotions she captured were genuine and not 'canned' or fake. Even though we barely knew Carla or her husband, we left feeling like we had definitely made some new friends.
    The end result were amazing photos that, we both feel, capture us to a 'T'. Our friends and family also loved them. We had many great photos to choose from, and it was hard to just pick a few. I loved that there was a good mix of both posed and candid, color and b&w photos that really portrayed us, our personalities, relationship and of course lots of love :) We will be proud to use these photos in different aspects of the wedding and just to have around the house.
    I highly recommend Carla. She is an excellent photographer - not only does she run a great business (her prices are extremely competitive and reasonable) but she really strives to capture the personalities she photographs. Her work is amazing and I would use her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/08/2010

Lea · Married on 09/24/2010

Carla and her husband are amazing; they made our wedding an absolute dream! Carla was very creative and gave us lots of ideas for our photos. Carla also wrote our vows which were absolutely amazing (there was not a dry eye on the beach). I 100% recommend Stehman Photography for your beach weddings it was more than wer could have every asked for. Not to mention Carla is a doll and was really fun and very sweet, she really made me feel at ease. Cannot wait to get all of our pictures back the ones I have seen looked so beautiful!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Lane · Married on 02/07/2010

Carla was wonderful during the planning of our wedding. She checked in with us on a regular basis for almost a year leading up to the big day. On the wedding day she was early and so kind to us. She helped keep us on track throughout the day. Carla was also wondering as she presented the photos from our wedding. We had talked with her about what we were looking for and Stehman Photography provided just that and so much more. We wanted more creative and fun pictures rather than strictly traditional and I found myself very very impressed with the photos Carla took. She not only captured our wedding day in such a vibrant way, but she also caught all of those little details and moments that I missed during the hectic times. When we did our proofing session before the photos were posted online I felt as if I got to experience my wedding in a whole new way. Thank you Carla - you are truly a gem.

Sent on 09/18/2010

Lisa · Married on 11/07/2009

Carla is wonderful, and she could not be any nicer! She was the perfect blend of stern (with the wandering family members) and sweet, but she is not bossy in the least. She really goes with the flow of things, and was flexible in finding a package within our budget. We are very pleased with the pictures, and she captured our wedding beautifully. I would definitely recommend her and her husband to anyone!

Sent on 12/06/2009

Julianne · Married on 05/01/2009

CARLA IS AWESOME. I was worried (because the price was so inexpensive) that the pictures weren't going to be that good and we would only get a few good ones but when I seen how professional Carla was, I just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful ceremony that her business partner Sharon performed. Carla captured every detail and then some. I live in Michigan and when every one sees the pictures they want to know who took the pictures. My son and daughter-in-law look like they should be on the cover of magazines, the pictures are that fantastic. Carla is very sincere, honest and I wish we lived closer because I would only have her do family pictures from now on. DO NOT HESITATE AT ALL IN BOOKING CARLA. YOU GET WAY MORE THEN YOUR MONEYS WORTH. THANK YOU, AGAIN CARLA AND GOD BLESS YOU! Julianne
    p.s. YOU DESERVE MORE THEN 5 GOLD STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2009

Jennifer · Married on 12/06/2008

The photographer was very professional. She knew exactly what she was doing and completely listened to all of my input and requests. Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions you can make for your big day. The photos ARE your memories!! I am so glad we made the decision to go with Stehman photography and I couldn't ask for better memories from our wedding day!

Sent on 03/23/2009
  • Olives

Olivia · Married on 11/17/2007

Carla was fantastic - We got married on Lido Beach and everything went off without a hitch. I wish there were 10 stars to give, because she was that good. All of my family raves over our pictures. Stehman Photography was like a fly on the wall all day. Carla had a do some fun poses that I would have never though about. She is an incredible photographer with her own unique style. I have used her to take our first anniversary session and will ABSOLUTELY call her when I have a baby to do pregnancy and newborn photos!

Sent on 09/27/2009

1.0

It all started really well and she was great until....

She took our pictures in trade for services and then demanded money. Tried to pay her the money but she had moved to Chicago and NEVER replied again. She has all of our photos from our wedding. Words cant express how flaky and disrespectful a person must be to withhold wedding photos from newlyweds. My wife and I don't have any photos we can make into larger prints. Stay away from this one!

Sent on 02/21/2014