Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. Reviews

55 | Newport, RI

55 Reviews for Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 1
Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 2
Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 3
Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 4
Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 5
Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 6
Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc. 7

Rhonda · Married on 10/17/2015

Stefy made my special day come alive through her photography! From her patient and pleasant manner to her amazing way of making me feel comfortable in front of the camera. Her pictures were absolutely stunning and she was professional yet fun to work with! I would recommend her to anyone.
    When I look back at my wedding pictures, I feel like I’m reliving those moments all over again.
    I couldn’t have worked with a better photographer!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Adeel · Married on 10/03/2015

It was a pleasure to work with Stefy. My wife and I are not ones that love posing for pictures, nor value the time to take them, but Stefy was great at pushing us to get the best shots to make our day memorable and now, of course, we look at them everyday. From the first time we met Stefy we knew that we wanted to work with her. Her perspective towards the overall wedding experience, friendly nature and the the samples she provided were our exact style and we were very pleased with how it turned out. From the original meeting to the constant communication and post wedding catch-up, all of our interactions were fantastic. I would highly recommend Stefy to anyone who needs a professional photographer.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Thank you so much!
    I remember the day when you walked into the bridal show and I thought "I would love to photograph their wedding"! You are an amazing couple to work with and I enjoyed every single part of being your wedding photographer. Thank you for trusting me with your special day. It was my pleasure. All the best to you and please stay in touch! xoxo

Julie · Married on 12/19/2014

Stefy has my warmest recommendations as a wedding photographer! She masters both portrait and photojournalism photography. And she is a very warm and sympatic person as well, making our day even better. Safe choice and great value for money! :D

Sent on 01/14/2015

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Julie. It was so much fun with you guys!
    All the best to you and Simone. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day.
    xoxo Stefy
  • Gloria D.

Gloria · Married on 12/14/2014

A review for my wedding photographer, Stefy Hilmer, is so filled with personal feelings, not because I liked her, although it was obvious immediately over the telephone that I would, but because I had so much added stress and mixed emotions about planning an ever continuously postponed wedding in 3 weeks.

Stefy was my focus in "can do" optimism beyond a photographer's call of duty. Or maybe that is an excellent photographer's trade secret to ensure optimal photo sessions with her clients. Regardless, she is exactly what I needed at the moment. Heart-fully, Stefy drew into my vision, our personalities and observed our photographic strengths (contrarily, I had a lazy eye due to migraine treatment and Sal made it obvious he would have rather been on the couch watching football). She is also well versed in a diversity of venues that captured the essence of our courtship.

Stefy arrived packed with her equipment and already scouting the venues for optimal photographs and creative suggestion while considering our comfort zones. She also had spoken with me (and my fiance) to get a most genuine feel of our visions. She seems to love her craft and found each moment and nuance of a photo shoot to be an opportunity for us to portray our love and commitment to one another. Although I have seen the use of detail, subject matter and lighting in magazines, I never imagined that was for hire in my real world. Our photos are amazing.

Stefy also comes packed with other vendor recommendations, IF you ask. (Understandably, some not available on such short notice.)

Sent on 01/10/2015

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much, Gloria! You are my hero for creating your wedding day in just THREE weeks. No idea how you made that happen. LOL
    It was perfect. And I am very grateful I was a part of it.
    All the best to you and Salvatore. xoxo Stefy

Stefy and her assistant did a great job of capturing the details of the wedding. She stayed out of the way to take the canded photos and was quick when it came time to take the posed shots. When we spoke or met up to plan before the actual wedding she was always very professional but also warm which made us feel very comfortable around her.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks so much, guys. It was a fun day, even though the weather gave us a hard time. All the best to you.

Sarah · Married on 08/16/2014

I heard of Stefy's services through a mutual friend and I feel so lucky that she was able to photograph our wedding. We just received the photos and they are incredible in their quality and also in the fantastic way that she captured the moments that we wanted.
    Additionally, her personality and happiness during the wedding day was exceptional, we felt as though she and her partner were a part of our wedding and thoroughly enjoyed just having them there.
    She is extraordinarily skilled in directing people just how to look amazing in their photos and had such a creative approach to getting the perfect picture.
    I would wholeheartedly reccomend Stefy to anyone planning their wedding!
    Sarah Cohen

Sent on 09/20/2014

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Sarah. I am truly blessed I met you and Lance and even more being able to photograph your wedding.
    It was an amazing day, at an amazing place, I will never forget.
    Thank you for giving me the opportunity to capture your love for each other. All the best to you guys, with lots of love, Stefy

Tara · Married on 07/25/2014

In planning for our wedding, my fiancé and I researched and met with several photographers. Picking the right person to work with for our special day was extremely important. The minute we met with Stefy Hilmer, we were impressed with her energy, creativity, talent, and professionalism. After our initial meeting, we were even MORE impressed with Stefy during our engagement shoot AND especially our wedding day. Working with Stefy was a dream. Her humor, relaxed approach and creative sensibility were refreshing. We were equally impressed with our photographs-they were stunning and will certainly allow us to remember our special day for years to come!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much, Tara. It was a pleasure working with you guys. Your sense of humor is really contagious and doesn't allow for anything else but an awesome time. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I will always remember it. All the best to you.

We are so happy that our venue recommended Stefy for our wedding. She was an absolute joy to work with, and now having seen our pictures, we can attest to her amazing skills as a photographer. We had met with other photographers, but when we met Stefy in person, we just loved her energy - she exuded professionalism and enthusiasm - and we knew we'd be in good hands with her. My husband is very uncomfortable in front of a camera, and yet, for our engagement session, Stefy got him to relax and have fun (in the middle of Central Park on Memorial Day weekend! It was an amazing feat!). And on the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Al were equally wonderful to work with. They made everyone feel relaxed, even during formal portraits. Stefy is also so incredible with lighting. Some of our pictures look like they could be in a magazine - the composition and lighting are just so incredible. We now have the difficult task of choosing our images for our album. There are just too many gorgeous photos to choose from!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for your sweet and kind words. It was a delight to work with you guys and I was lucky and grateful to be your wedding photographer. It amazed me to see your husband relax during the shoots and actually having some fun also. That made my day.
    I wish you all the best and I hope we can catch up later in life.

Jonathan · Married on 07/05/2014

Stefy was simply wonderful. She, and her assistant worked with us to capture beautiful moments from our wedding. She met with us before the event to discuss any special requests we might have (and we did - my Grandmother was 90 at the time of our wedding and I wanted to make sure we were able to have her photographed with our entire family), Stefy made certain that our request was fulfilled. She is a consummate professional and a joy to talk to.

My wife (Still a little weird to say that), but, my wife and I can wholeheartedly recommend her.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2014

Steffy was absolutely amazing. Not only is she a talented photographer, but she made my husband and I feel so comfortable the day of our wedding. She took her time and created unique and beautiful shots for us that I would never have imagined. Her professionalism is second to none and she does not settle for anything but the best. When I saw the finished photos, my husband and I as well as our families and friends were blown away. She captured so many genuine and special moments that we will have for the rest of our lives. We cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie. I loved to be your photographer.
    You were amazing to work with and the whole day was just perfect.
    Thanks again. xo

Justin · Married on 04/11/2014

We chose Stefy, at the recommendation of a photographer friend, for our wedding in Manhattan this past April. It was a unique and challenging wedding in that we met at City Hall, then had the reception a few blocks away at a restaurant. This created a challenging schedule in that we weren't sure how much time we would have for pictures and when. I have to say that we were more than satisfied with Stefy's work that day. She was incredibly professional, polite, funny, and an absolute pleasure to work with. She handled the flexible schedule with ease, grabbing group and individual photos when time allowed. She made it a terrific experience and I wholeheartedly recommend her services. Thanks Stefy!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Justin.
    I had so much fun with you guys. It was an incredible day
    with tears and laughter and I am so grateful you picked me to capture your wedding day.
    All the best to you and Jennifer.

Tanya · Married on 12/14/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for my fantastic day! Stefy was punctual and hard working: she had great creative ideas for pictures all around NYC. She listened to my own ideas also, and helped create a lifetime of memories for my husband and me through her pictures. She captured us as a happy couple, our loving family and friends, the venue, and all the great moments that flew by for us as a couple! Use her for your wedding or your next event, and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much, Tanya.
    It was truly an honor to be your photographer on your special day.
    I am so happy you had your perfect wedding.

Csilla · Married on 11/10/2013

My husband and I felt a connection with Stefy from the very first meeting. Her sweet spirit and joyous attitude made every picture we took fun and special. She has a clear vision of what she wants which is key when you are taking pictures! Stefy was also very flexible to our schedule and ideas. She made our wedding day all the more enjoyable and the pictures she took are breathe-taking. The vendors you select for your event truly make or break it. I can definitively say, we made the perfect choice in hiring Stefy to photograph our wedding day :)

Sent on 11/26/2013

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Csilla. I felt the same way and your wedding was truly special, mainly because of all the history. Seriously, who has that!? LOL
    Purely amazing. All the best to you two.
    Yours, Stefy

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2013

I researched and met with a ton of photographers prior to selecting Stefy for my wedding. I have no question in my mind that I made the right choice. Stefy is professional, flexible, kind, makes you comfortable and takes AMAZING photographs.
    We can't thank her enough for everything she did with us. Our engagement pictures turned out great and the pictures we have seen so far from our wedding are spectacular.
    We plan to use Stefy moving forward for any photography needs we have- she is an incredible vendor partner and a great person.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Thank you, Ashley.
    A wonderful day with wonderful people.
    It was a pleasure to capture your wedding. Thank you for trusting me with your special day.
  • User2541122 · event on 10/19/2013

Wow, wow, WOW! Stefy was an absolute pleasure to work with and I am SO grateful I found her to photograph my bridal shower! She arrived at my shower before I did since I was making an entrance with my fiancé and my family and friends said she immediately dropped her bag and started taking pictures right off the bat! After I arrived she was right there, never putting her camera down to even take a break! She listened to me when I had certain photo ideas that I wanted and every time I looked over my shoulder she was capturing so many little creative details that I would have never been able to photograph myself. She was never intrusive or "in your face" yet she someone how seemed to get every tiny, laugh, smile and emotion the day provided. I received a gallery of amazing quality photos in less than a week and she was always super quick to respond to any questions I had. Book Stefy for your event, no matter what it is, and I promise you will not regret it. I have the memory of my day as a whole in my heart, but now have the amazing sentimental details of my day as pictures, forever. Thank you Stefy!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words.
    It was a pleasure working with you and I can't wait to cover your rehearsal dinner in a couple of weeks.

Cintia · event on 04/27/2013

Stefy is fantastic. When I began to look for a photographer to shoot my 40th birthday, her name kept coming up. After talking to her on the phone for a few minutes to discuss my event, I hired her on the spot. She's easy to talk to, has a cheery disposition and takes fantastic photos. She completely captured my party and I hardly knew she was there. I highly recommend her. I will definitely hire her again.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Jennifer · event on 01/25/2013

As an owner of a small business I need every project to be perfect the first time. Stefy get's the shots, captures the essence artistically, and has allowed us to create beautiful portfolio's for our clients. She also took head shots for our company, which have this great natural feel. Stefy really captured our team and who we are. It is a pleasure to work with an experienced photographer that is able to translate an image into a story.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Thank you, Jennifer.
    It was an adventure, as always. It is easy to work with someone who knows what they want to accomplish in a shooting.
    My pleasure.

Andre · Married on 12/30/2012

Being photographed by Stefy was such a great experience. She has an incredible eye and her approach to work with the light is remarkable.
    Her warm and uncomplicated personality took away all the worries being in front of the camera and helped us to relax.
    She has the ability to capture all the laughter, the tears, the joy and the magic of the moment.
    I would totally recommend her.
    We can't wait until the album is ready for us to look at. I am sure it will be like reliving the day. Great work. Thank you, Stefy
    Tanya and André
    February 2013

Sent on 05/05/2013
  • User3029854 · event on 12/09/2012

Stefy shot my family holiday card photos for the past two years and for two years in a row she has hit a homerun. The pictures are beautiful, artistic and unique. She heard what we were looking for and produced a quality product.

She's a dream to work with too. Always open to new ideas and bringing fresh creativity to the table.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you. I have always so much fun with you guys.
    I am looking forward to new creativity next time.

Jocelyn · event on 12/01/2012

This was for a family photo shoot. We wanted to have some great family photos with one in particular intended for a holiday card. Stefy was very professional and lovely to work with. She arrived early and was willing to travel to a location near the water where we wanted to take photos. She was very patient and gave us plenty of time to feel comfortable in front of the camera. Within a few days we received a DVD with all of our pictures. Stefy made sure we were pleased. As for our holiday card, we have never had as many compliments as we did with our photo by Stefy Hilmer! I would recommend 100% for personal, wedding or corporate events.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Thank you, Jocelyn.
    I had a lot of fun. And the location you picked out, was fabulous.
    Well done.
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 09/09/2012

Stefy was recommended to us, so we booked our engagement shooting as well as our wedding photography with her. For the engagement shooting, we were looking for some great pictures to show our friends and family and to be able to design creative wedding invitations and posters for the celebrations. And the wedding - as everyone - we wanted to remember that day as the happiest in our life. And we had the most amazing time with her. Stefy is truly professional and she is able to capture the moments you want to see yourself with your loved one. She gives you all the time you need to get the perfect shots and she captured some real emotions. We absolutely adore the images she took. Even our friends and families have framed some of her best shots. I almost could not believe my eyes when I saw some of them...I look like a model in those photos!

Highly recommended - lovely young woman, knows what she's doing and compared to other photographers excellent value for money.

Thanks again Stefy - ABSOLUTE pleasure to have you as our photographer! Will definitely call you again should we need some great shots again.

Sent on 02/20/2013

Britta · Married on 06/30/2012

We used Stefy Hilmer Photography for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier.
    Stefy and her crew were so much fun to work with and they kept us at ease at all times, especially me, since I am very nervous in front of the camera.
    Her creative style and her eye for the special moments are truly a gift.
    We will for sure recommend her to all our friends and we can't wait to take photographs with her in the future.

Sent on 02/08/2013

Thank you, Britta.
    I had so much fun with you guys and I am looking forward to future photo shootings.

katherine · event on 03/10/2012

Stefy shot our family on a couple of different occasions and we couldn't be happier with the results. She caught the mood of our event and personality of each of our children perfectly. It takes talent and patience to shoot newborn twins and Stefy demonstrated this beyond our expectations. We now have amazing photographs that capture perfectly some of the fleeting moments we experienced with our family - something we will always cherish.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Thank you, Kathy.
    Always a pleasure. Beautiful family, beautiful photographs.
    Looking forward to the next one.

Great pictures and a nice, accomodating person to work with.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Patrick · event on 09/08/2011

Stefy is an outstanding photographer and great person. She perfectly and quickly understands the customer needs and shoots fantastic photos. I can highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Stefy Hilmer Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Patrick. Always a pleasure.