223 Reviews for Stax O Wax DJ Productions

Reception (2)
Ceremony (1)
Cocktail Hour (1)
Music During Breaks (1)

Curt was absolutely wonderful!!!! Everything went perfectly and I could not have asked for more! He played all of my requests but also felt out the crowd and played songs to keep everyone dancing. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone planning a wedding!!!

Profile Picture Beooke, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Stax O Wax was phenomenal for our wedding! From our first initial meeting with Curt he was extremely professional and knowledgeable. Having done many weddings before, he guided us with the do's and don'ts for our ceremony and reception and made us feel like we were in great hands. When it came to the wedding day, Curt was fantastic! He made sure all the songs we wanted were played, and did a great job filling in the rest of the playlist for the night. Overall, we definitely recommend Stax O Wax to anyone in need of a DJ, our night was so much smoother and stress free because of him!

- Kalah & Brett ~ 8/26/2017

Profile Picture Brett, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

I was asking around to find a good DJ, and one of my friends said, "Stax-O-Wax was Phenomenal!" She said that she had used them 20 years ago. I was thrilled to see that they were still in business. We worked with Curt, and he was Great! Our dance floor was packed all night long. I would Absolutely recommend Stax-O-Wax to anyone who needs a DJ!
Thank You Curt!!
Sincerely,
~Candi

Profile Picture Candi, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kurt of Staxowax did a fantastic job on our wedding. He was very accommodating with some last minute requests for us and helped us get the ceremony and reception together just as we wanted it. There were a couple minor things - one special dance that we wanted to do was forgotten, and the order of the speeches had two people switched from what we wanted, but all in all we were very happy that these were the worst things that happened on our big day. Moreover, every single person we talked to afterwards from our family and friends raved about how good the DJ was, how he kept the party going and chose just the right songs for the right moment, etc. I'd book Kurt again for future events, no question.

Profile Picture Jason, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Curt was fantastic! He was able to work with us on arranging payment options and was extremely professional. He played great music all night that was excellent for all ages and it wasn't too loud, but it was loud enough to have people dancing outside as well as on the dance floor inside. He also made the cake cutting and speeches and first dances run very smooth. I would tell anyone that wants a d.j. at their wedding about curt and stax o wax.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Curt was great! He kept people on the dance floor all night and checked on me a few times throughout the night to ensure I happy with everything.

Profile Picture User6875113, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.9

Curt was professional and easy to work with. The online planning form was very helpful. He accommodated all of our needs.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Reception

I have used Stax O Wax before and knew how great their services are. However, my now wife wanted to use a family friend who was less expensive. But the DJ sets the entire mood for the whole event. I stuck to my grounds and we hired Stax O Wax. Now I knew they would be great but when the bartenders, who have seen just about everything, tell you how great the DJ is then you know you have a great DJ. The dance floor was always full with everyone dancing from kids to adults. And yes my wife was very happy I fought her on the DJ as she LOVED Stax O Wax!!! Thank you Curt for an amazing job!

Profile Picture Bryan, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can not say enough good stuff about Curt and Stax O Wax!! They exceeded our expectations in every way possible. I had a vision in my head of how I wanted my ceremony music to go and without much discussion on it, Curt did it exactly how I had envisioned it! Everything was perfect from beginning to end and Curt definitely kept everyone on the dance floor. In fact, I can't remember a time the floor was empty until it was time to go home! If I was asked to use one word only to describe Stax O Wax and the service they provide, it would be PHENOMENAL!! Thank you so much Curt for making our night so wonderful and for also taking pictures! You got some shots that we haven't seen from anyone else so far!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture BUFFY, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception

Curt was attentive and professional from day one. He worked with us to select songs and offered some different options that we really liked. A true pro with a lot of experience in weddings and events. We were given access to an online catalog of songs that made things really easy. Curt even followed up with us to ensure everything was the way we wanted it, even confirming correct pronunciation of everyone's name in the bridal party. Curt was very agile in being able to adjust to what needed to be done at the time. I would highly recommend Stax O Wax productions for any event.

Profile Picture Matt, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Curt was the DJ at our wedding and he was absolutely amazing! Not only is he a great guy to work with, but he made our wedding better than we could have ever imagined! He is fun, timely, and professional. My husband and I wanted to walk out to Chelsea Dagger and he had a great remix that we used and everyone loved it! He got the crowd going from the beginning and they didn't stop until the very end! I would highly recommend Stax O Wax to anyone! Thanks again!!!!

Profile Picture Mercedes, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Curt was absolutely fabulous. He was organized, well prepared and very attentive. He is a great DJ. The price was also very reasonable.

Profile Picture Barb, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I could not believe how great the service from Stax O Wax was. They had open communication from "Day One" when looking into them, answered all our questions, and just went above and beyond to make our wedding reception one to remember. I'm not saying the reception venue was ugly by any means, but the "uplighting" that they provided around the room really glammed up the place. It made the area look a lot bigger and nicer. Overall, it was well worth the money. The dance floor was full the entire night, before and after our first dance. I couldn't ask for a better turn out. Thanks, Shawn & Curt!

Profile Picture Shayne, 7/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Our dance floor was PACKED from start to finish... Curt was AWESOME and very attentive played everything on my request list in a way that kept all ages on the dance floor!!! Love love love STAX O WAX!!!!

Profile Picture Nora, 6/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stax o Wax Dj company did a great job during our ceremony as well and the reception. They made sure that we were aware of how things were going to go from the beginning to the end of the night and were constantly making sure we were having a good time. They had people on the dance floor the whole night. Stax o wax went above their expectation of just being a DJ for the evening by making sure we knew the next step of the evening from speeches to entrances.

Profile Picture Johnathan, 5/8/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I got married on May 2nd, 2015 and had contracted the services of Stax O Wax for our musical entertainment. I am not one to really write reviews but I have to for this company. Our DJ for the evening was Curt and he was amazing! I had him help me with a silly joke on my dad for our first dance and he delivered perfectly. He was extremely great to work with. He was very accommodating, kind, informative and he was always happy and smiling. I definitely recommend him as your wedding DJ. He will make sure everything turns out perfect for your special day and he is concerned if you are satisfied or not. I couldn't have chosen a better DJ because he is the best there is! I have and will most definitely recommend to my friends and family to use his services, as well as using him again in the future. Curt -- Thank you so much for being so amazing! Leah and Michael

Profile Picture Leah , 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stax O Wax did both of my cousins weddings over the past 2 years and we were so impressed with them we decided to have them DJ our wedding. I wasn't very picky with music but wanted to make sure we added some "special" songs to our play list and they were so great and adding them in right at the prefect time of the night.

I married a man with 4 toddlers and we wanted to make sure we included them as much as possible so we had them each pick out a song to play...the kids LOVED that part and LOVED that the adults got up and danced to their songs...even to "Let It Go" from Frozen.

Throughout the evening the DJ came up to us to make sure everything was going good...and it was :) I appreciated him checking in!!

I would recommend Stax O Wax to anyone...they made our evening so special!!

Brandi and Mike Kopecky

Profile Picture Brandi, 1/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Curt has been very helpful from the very beginning. Musically speaking "he rocks!!"
He was absolutely kind to our guests and us during the wedding. So proper, very detailed, opened to requests, changes and very sweet!! Follow up with us all steps during the wedding with perfect timing!
We will highly recommend his services to others.

Profile Picture Alejandra, 12/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Curt was professional through out the entire process. Prior to the event we had access to a website which we could update at our leisure. He called the week of the wedding to confirm everything and then reviewed it with us again the day of. The dance floor was never empty. Everyone from grandma to our college friends enjoyed the night. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect dj! We would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Marie, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Curt did an amazing job at our wedding! Their site was very easy to use. We chose songs that were not listed on their song lists (pre-processional, processional, and cake cutting song), and they secured them for us with no hesitation. Curt even gave us the option of having remixed our processional (Storybook Love Instrumental) (with us hearing it and giving our approval first :) to make it better fit the occasion. All of our must-have's were worked in, none of our banned songs were played, and he and his assistant checked back with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy and to see if we needed anything. We had guests dancing all night and a number of guests complemented me on how great the DJ was.

Profile Picture Carrie, 11/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

My wife and I couldn't of asked for a better DJ service for our wedding. From all the lighting they did to dress up the room to working with us to do anything we wanted it was absolutely amazing. Our guest said that it was the best wedding reception they have ever been to. The dance floor was packed at all times. One of the biggest surprises was all the pictures that they took and posted them to Facebook it was like having a second photographer. If your looking for a great time at your wedding reception hands down you need to book these guys made our wedding night something we will never forget.

Profile Picture Tim, 10/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

These guys were great! They did whatever we asked, found whatever songs we needed and checked on us throughout the night. We would recommend these guys to anyone!

Profile Picture Kyla, 10/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Shawn at Stax-o-wax was an amazing DJ at our wedding! He made the whole night flow perfectly! From the moment we arrived at our reception we had a blast and it was all because of Shawn. The music was perfect! Thanks so much Shawn!!

Profile Picture Renae, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

When I look back on my special day, I can only describe it as WOW. Shawn and Curt were able to grab the essence of what my husband and I were all about and wanted for the day. We were able to have so much fun on our day because the music was perfect in every way. I can't say enough thanks for Shawn and Curt. And it puts a smile on my face to know that each of the 150 guests said the same thing! Hands down the best in the business.

Profile Picture Peter, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Stax O Wax did an amazing job at our wedding and we were so glad we went with them for our DJ! They were very quick to respond to questions during the planning process and we liked the online portal they use to keep track of your music requests for things like introductions, cake cutting, etc. Shawn was awesome to work with at our reception. He would check in with us from time to time and always checked if someone wanted him to make an announcement that we hadn't planned on. We didn't have too many special music requests so most of the music choices were his, and he did a great job. People were out dancing until the end of the night and I've received so many compliments from our guests about them. I would absolutely recommend Stax O Wax!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/8/14, 4 Reviews