Stax O Wax DJ Productions Reviews

226 | Cary, IL

226 Reviews for Stax O Wax DJ Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rachel · Married on 01/15/2011

Their suggestions for my ceremony were so helpful. The room looked beautiful with the lights that they provided us. They were very responsive to all emails and phone calls. My guests are still calling me 3 weeks after my wedding to tell me how much fun they had. We spent a lot of money on making sure our entertainment was top notch, and it was all worth it. No horror stories with these guys. I think that says it all. Keep up the great work!

Sent on 02/09/2011

Nicole · Married on 01/08/2011

We hired Stax O Wax for our daughter's wedding. Curt and Shawn were the DJ's and they truly made the evening a celebration. I don't think I have ever seen a dance floor so full (and filled all night). I received many complimentary comments regarding their song selection and professionalism. They are easy to work with and very accessible. Their firm is truly a class act! I highly recommend.

Sent on 01/11/2011

Heather · Married on 12/19/2010

Ours was a second marriage, rather small in numbers [60], on a wintery Sunday afternoon/evening. Stax-O-Wax was recommended to me by my soon-to-be-daughter-in-law, who had heard them at a recent fundraiser. They got back to me within an hour (!), were responsive to our budget, understood that I wanted uniqueness, and were the ones to suggest that we have them do both the ceremony and the reception; tentatively, I agreed, and it was AWESOME!!! Several times during the evening the DJ came to me, verified everything was going well, asked if anything needed to be different, and gauged the crowd beautifully, resulting in a full dance floor until our final song: 'Goodnight, Sweetheart' by the Spaniels! Just enjoyed them again at the Cerebral Palsy fundraiser; they are now a part of our wedding album, and our lives! CAN'T recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 03/13/2011

Missy · Married on 12/04/2010

I was totally lost when it came to djs. My mom saw stax o wax at a new years eve party at my banquet hall (concorde banquets). She told me that it was the most fun she has ever had at a party before. I think that she should know, she's a professional party planner for her company. She has seen a lot of djs and bands, and when she said that I had to get them, I listened. My mom was right, they are so nice, friendly and helpful through the whole planning process. I spoke to a couple of different people at their office and each one gave great suggestions on music and the timing of events.

My wedding was so much fun, and I didn't have to worry about anything. My aunt was actually dancing on the table. (I've got pictures)

My husband & I including my entire family had so much fun at my wedding, we made reservations, and went to the concorde for their new years eve party. What a great time. Twice in one month. What a treat! I give them 5 stars.

Sent on 01/05/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/29/2010

Stax o Wax was recommended to me by a friend and I am so happy that we went with them. They did both my ceremony and my reception and I couldn't have asked for more! From the beginning, they were there to help me from making recommendations and answering questions when I asked to making sure that we were having a great time at the wedding. Since our wedding, we have had nothing but great comments about Stax o Wax. We are so happy with the way things turned out. I would recommend Stax O Wax to anyone and everyone who is looking for a DJ for their event!! Thank you so much for making our day everything we dreamed of and more!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/23/2010

My husband and I were determined to have music that reflected who we are as a couple and Shawn and Curt were more than willing to oblige. They took my phone calls whenever I called and were so helpful in helping us to customize our wedding. Curt was our DJ for the day and I could not have been happier with the service he provided. Our wedding was perfect and everyone had an amazing time! I will recommend Stax O Wax to anyone who needs a DJ in the future. Thanks, guys!

Sent on 11/06/2010

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2010

This is the second time I have used Stax o Wax. They always amaze me on how helpful they are and professional. They are there to make sure your wedding guests have a great time and a GREAT time they do have!!! I used them 6 yrs ago at my daughter's wedding and this past weekend at my son's and have no complaints. Sean and Nick were great and we all had a fantastic time. If I had more kids I would use them again!!!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2010

Shawn and Nick were amazing at my wedding! They were so friendly and suggested geat songs and ideas...Shawn even suggested a perfect song to surprise my new "hockey loving" husband as we were making our grand entrance! They made the night flow perfectly. The dance floor was packed the whole night. I would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Barb · Married on 09/24/2010

I stumbled across Stax o Wax while I was looking for a dj for my wedding. I did a search for dj's, and I was directed to Wedding Wire, and then started looking at the reviews of all the dj's in my area. I narrowed it down to 3 dj companies and I tried to get quotes from them. Stax o Wax was the 1st to get back to me(within 5 minutes). One company called me 2 days later, and the 3rd never called at all. I was impressed with Stax to say the least. I talked with Sean on the phone and he was very helpful in answering my questions, and guiding me through the process, since I have never done this before. I met with Curt at their office in Cary, and we signed the contract.

The planning was very easy. Everything was done online, so it was easy for me to pick songs while I was at work. On the Monday before my wedding, they contacted me to confirm all the details, which was very nice, because I didn't have to follow them around like I did with my photographer & flowers.

The party was absolutely incredible! My family and a couple of my friends have called me already, just to tell me how much fun they had. My brother who flew all the way in from California said, "If all the parties in IL are like that, I'm moving back". I think that says it all.

Stax o Wax is a great company, and if you read all of the reviews, you'll start to understand that these guys really know how to get people to have a good time. I will always recommend them, and I hope you take this review to heart. I will use them for all my parties in the future. Barb Simons

Sent on 10/16/2010

Anne · Married on 09/18/2010

I can't say enough wonderful things about our DJ and this company!!! We were referred to Stax O Wax after our contracted DJ was MIA 3 days before our wedding. Curt our DJ was outstanding!!! He was flexible, extremely, accomodating, very responsive and professional. We had multiple comments from our guests on how GREAT our music was! Thank you Curt and Stax O Wax for making our wedding reception wonderful and memorable!!! Anne and Ron Haddad

Sent on 09/20/2010

Shawn and the Stax O Wax team were wonderful to work with. They were very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. Their online planning form is a great way to plan things out well in advance (i.e. when you have time!) rather than scrambling the week of. I also had a chat with Shawn on the phone a few days ahead of time to verify all my choices, etc. At the reception, he checked in with me frequently to make sure everything was ok but also that we were having fun. All in all, I would highly recommend Stax O Wax.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Savanah · Married on 09/18/2010

I couldn't have asked for better. Always nice on the phone. gave great suggestions for music. Guided me through the planning. Always made sure I was having fun at my reception. Overall, one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. If you hire them, you will have a stress free time.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Stephanie · Married on 09/11/2010

My ceremony was absolutely beautiful. They gave me great suggestions for music. Very helpful, easy to get in touch with, and the reception was a blast. Stax O Wax is by far the best dj company that I have ever seen. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Stephanie · Married on 09/11/2010

I can not spoke more highly of a vendor for a wedding like Stax O Wax DJ Productions. They thought of things that I didn't even think of when I thought I had every detail planned. They were incredibly professional, respectful and kind. What a wonderful experience?!! I'm just glad someone recommeneded them to me. Thank you so much for making our day so special! Your commitment will be remembered always.

Sent on 02/20/2011

Laura · Married on 08/20/2010

I want to tell all of the brides out there about what a great company Stax O Wax is. I found them WeddingWire and read all of their reviews. I was hooked. I call them right away, and they were very friendly and informative over the phone. I then made an appointment to meet with them at their office, and again they were very professional & friendly. My fiance & I decided to book them that night.

They have an online planning form that really helped us set up the different things for our wedding (first dance, father daughter, bouquet & garter toss, etc..). It was very easy to use.

At the reception, I had the "Signature" package with 1 dj and 1 assistant, and I have to tell you, it was worth its weight in gold to have that second person there. It was so nice that the assistant (Nick) kept coming up to us to inform us of what was coming up next while the dj (Curt) kept the dance floor going. Everyone had such a great time. Even my parents said that they have never had so much fun at a wedding before, and they hate djs. My mom finally admitted that she can't wait until the next family wedding in February that is using Stax O Wax also.

I would say that it should be a very easy decision to make when you are looking for a dj. It must be Stax O Wax every time. Thanks again guys, you did a great job!

Sent on 09/01/2010
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 08/14/2010

OMG they are so good! I just had them for my wedding on August 14th, and they deserve a "Perfect 10". I went all out with my budget on the dj, because I have always believed that the most important part of the wedding was the dj. That's why I hired Stax O Wax to: dj, do the room uplighting, and make my montage that we showed at my wedding.

I saw them seven years ago at my sister's wedding, and they made such an impression on me, I said that when I get married, I'm using Stax O Wax. So when I got engaged, I called them and hired them right away. They are very easy to talk to, the planning forms are easy to use, and being able to listen to the music as you're picking it off of their music database was really cool.

At the reception, the room looked awesome. The uplighting matched the bridesmaid dresses, and I got so many compliments about how beautiful the room looked. THe montage made everyone laugh, they all loved it. The djs were incredible. All of the songs I requested were played, and I never left the dance floor all night long, my feet still hurt. :) I liked that the djs kept checking with me throughout the night to see how things were going and if I needed anything. Everything was perfect!

If I have any advise for anyone shopping out there, it is to make sure that you don't cheap out on the entertainment. I went with all the best things that Stax O Wax has to offer, and I will never regret it.

Sent on 08/25/2010

Jodi · Married on 08/13/2010

The feedback from my guests is incredible! I am so glad that I listen to my parents, when they said that I had to check out Stax O Wax after they saw them at a friend of theirs wedding. They put my mind at ease from the very first phone call set up an appointment at their office, until the very end of my reception. Always friendly, helpful, and very professional. If I could, I would give them 100 stars. They most certainly deserve it. Thanks again, job well done.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Rachel · Married on 08/07/2010

I was recommended to Stax O Wax by a colleague and was absolutely thrilled! They were so professional and totally put my mind at ease when it was time to make the party happen! They checked in with me throughout the evening to make sure everything was going just how I wanted. Curt was fantastic and I absolutely recommend them!!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Nicole · Married on 08/06/2010

Stax O Wax was recommended to my by my hairstylist. She had told me that the guests at her wedding all raved about the DJ and many of her other friends had them at their weddings! I took that as making a great choice for my wedding. My husband and I chose Stax O Wax for our wedding and we could not have been happier. Both Curt and Sean were always so easy to talk to when I called them before the wedding. They were very helpful and I never felt like I was bothering them with some of my silly questions. They were very informative, so I felt very at ease before the wedding. After the ceremony, Curt came and introduced himself. He was so kind and professional at the same time. He always made sure that we were happy with what was going on with the music. He was even so grateful that we had a seat for him to eat with us for dinner, which made us even happier that we had a seat reserved for him at a table. The music was great the rest of the night. People were dancing until the very END! It was amazing! He played a great selection and when he noticed that no one was dancing at a song, he switched it up right away until people got back out on the dance floor (which was a song later...ha) My husband Joe and I would SO recommend Stax O Wax for any event. You will NOT go wrong by choosing them for your next event!

Sent on 08/15/2010

Samantha · Married on 07/11/2010

They were fantastic. I am so happy with customer service that I received. They always returned phone calls and emails right away. They played all the music I requested and more. They were very friendly to my guests. Everyone had a great time. I have three friends that are getting married, and one of them already hired them, and the other two want them too. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/16/2010

Colleen · Married on 07/09/2010

Stax o Wax was recommended to us by several people who had had them DJ their weddings. They went above and beyond for us and exceeded all our expectations. Music is such a huge part of the wedding and our music was just perfect, no one ever left the dance floor and people were wanting to dance before dinner was over! Shawn did such a wonderful job making our wedding flow beautifully and it really felt as if he got who we were as a couple and the music our friends and family would love. We got rave reviews about our wedding and how amazing the music was. I have recommended them to several couples whos weddings are coming up and if we ever have another event where a DJ is needed they will be the ones we call.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Ashley · Married on 07/04/2010

Curt and the team at Stax O Wax did an amazing job! The dance floor was full the entire night, everyone had a blast. They were very well organized and everything went smoothly from the planning til the end of the reception. They also provided uplighting for me, which really helped the room look elegant. I would highly recommend Stax O Wax to any bride and groom that is looking for a great reception and a lot of fun dancing!

Sent on 07/22/2010

Amber · Married on 07/03/2010

I have a reputation of being very picky when it comes to running things. Stax was very easy to work with and gave good music suggestions for my reception. Being an over planner, I called them at least 20 times in the last couple weeks before my wedding, and they always answered my questions without an attitude. They were the only company that I hired that made me feel that way. My florist did the flowers and invitations, and they made me feel like I was bothering them every time I called. I will follow up with a review on them later.

After everything is said and done, I would hire Stax O Wax again for any one of the parties that I may have in the future, and I suggest that you do too!

pychobeotch

Sent on 07/21/2010

Mike · Married on 06/26/2010

Stax was the best thing that we did for our wedding, even better than the food. They were very helpful, quick to return all emails, phone calls, and really put me at ease every time I talked with them. I really liked picking the music with all of their music and plannig forms being online. Two of my groomsmen are getting married later this year, and said that my wedding made it easy on them for picking a dj. Stax O Wax is a MUST!!!!

Mike P.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2010

My husband and I used Stax o Wax for our wedding June 18th 2010. Sean and Curt were absolutly wonderful!!! They are very professional and helped to guide us through our night so it was worry free! Our ceremony and reception music was awesome! The are very good about answering any and all questions. We did the ultimate package and had cool uplighting. Sean and Curt also created an outstanding Video Montage, I HIGHLY recommend this ! Sean and Curt are very experienced and all of our guests enjoyed them, the music, the montage and the fantastic show they put on!!!! We highly recommend them for your special day . THANK YOU SO MUCH Stax o Wax!!!

Adam and Kelly Waite