Stax O Wax DJ Productions Reviews

226 | Cary, IL

226 Reviews for Stax O Wax DJ Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Michael · Married on 03/31/2012

Stax O Wax, Was outstanding they played to the crowd and it was magical how they kept everyone on the dance floor. They asked me several times through the night how I thought things were going and I really appreciated that. We choose to have additional uplighting around the entire room and that was worth it,the room looked amazing.We had both Curt and Shawn at our wedding and that was special as I know that they are the best and I,m not sure they are usually able to do that. I would highly recommend Stax O Wax as they are as professional as you will ever find and a pleasure to share the night with and thats very important. Thanks to them our evening was perfect!!!!!!

Sent on 04/06/2012

Jenita · Married on 03/25/2012

Curt and Shawn at Stax O Wax were the greatest. When I would panic and needed guidance they were there to help. The music for the ceremony, reception and dinner were fantastic. Our guests really had a great time. I would use them again anytime. And their price was reasonable by comparison.

Sent on 04/02/2012

JENNIFER · Married on 03/23/2012

I have been to weddings and parties that stax o wax have been to.. Infact they did such a great job at my first wedding 10 years ago , that my husband and I decided to hire them for our 2nd wedding ! They were outstanding ! They did our ceremony and did a beautiful job working with our minister on fading the music in and out... During our reception, they kept the crowd going and kept the floor packed, at one time the floor was so packed that my husband & I had moved to the carpet side of the banquet room to start dancing.. We did get the package with the stax o wax dinner show , and YES it was amazing ! Thanks again stax o wax for a outstanding job at our wedding ! You ROCKED !!!

Sent on 03/27/2012

Karen · Married on 02/11/2012

I used Stax o wax for my dream Valentine's wedding. It was perfect. They helped me when I couldn't think of songs for my ceremony and reception. Their suggestions were incredible. The ceremony music & sound was perfect. I was worried that it wouldn't sound that good because we were having it at my reception hall, but Sean said that it would be just the way that i dreamed, and it was. My room looked so beautiful with all the uplighting that they provided. Everyone danced all night, even my aunt was out there with her cane dancing with us to LMFAO. Stax o wax is the best, and I am so glad I used them.

Sent on 04/02/2012

Cathy · Married on 01/21/2012

From the very beginning of choosing a dj for my wedding, I knew it was going to be Stax O Wax. My family has had them at every family function for as long as I can remember, weddings, graduations, and even my parents 25th anniversary. They have never let us down. No matter who the dj has been, they have always gotten my family on the floor. They really do a fantastic job. So when I wanted them for my wedding, everyone in my family was excited. They knew they were going to have a good time, and they did. My husbands family, who have never seen them before, were raving about how great the djs were, and how much fun they had. I will always recommend Stax O Wax to anyone that is in need of a dj.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Ruth · Married on 12/31/2011

For our New Years Eve wedding my husband & I knew we had to have a fantastic DJ, and we had seen Stax-o-wax at a friends wedding over 2years before, I am so glad we had them for ours!

The music was amazing, the DJ's ensured that they knew that we were enjoying it, asked me multiple times if I needed anything. They were delightful!! Even when our videographer was being a pain, they remained professional and didn't even let me know there was an issue!! I am extremely grateful for that!

At midnight Stax-o-wax got everybody on to the dance floor, we did the count down and they dropped confetti all over us!! It was amazing and so unique!! Our guests loved it!!

Thank you for everything!!! I highly recommend you!!

Sent on 03/24/2012

Joe · Married on 12/17/2011

Working with Stax O Wax was a delight from start to finish. I was impressed when I received a friendly and professional call right after placing a quote request through their website, and their online song selection system was fantastic.

At the reception itself, everything was absolutely perfect. Curt was a terrific emcee and a friendly and reassuring presence for all of us as we navigated through the entrances, toasts, special dances, cake cutting, and more.

Curt's song selection was flawless and diverse and facilitated a great time for everyone. Many, many guests commented that they had never had such a good time at a wedding.

I can't recommend Stax O Wax strongly enough!

Sent on 12/19/2011

Thom · Married on 12/10/2011

Like many engaged couples my fiancée and I had a clear idea of how we wanted our wedding reception to be conducted and turn out and I am thrilled to say that Curt brought to fruition everything for which we had hoped. Stax O Wax accommodated each of our requests and took the time to painstakingly ensure that every detail was to our specifications from preparing our desired hue for the decor lighting to tracking down specific versions of songs that we requested. Curt was also completely adherent to our lengthy play and do not play lists. Throughout the planning process and the night of the event Curt worked well with the other vendors and made an effort to check in with us to verify that things were just as we wanted and he also sought feedback to see if there was anything that we wished to change as the night went on. There was no need to change anything though since he gave us exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend Stax O Wax and plan to use them again for future events.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2011

I can't believe my luck when I found my dj on the internet. I started looking at reviews and asking my friends if they knew any djs and 3 out of 4 said that I should check out Stax O Wax. I went to there website and asked for an online quote, and within minutes, I received a call from their staff. What service! That was what I got through the whole planning for my wedding. It was great! They are very nice to talk to, and very helpful.

I had Sean at my wedding as the dj, and he was incredible. He knew exactly what to do, and when to do it. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Everyone danced, and he played all of the songs I requested. My wedding was so much fun. Stax O Wax is worth every penny.

Sent on 01/15/2012

Megan · Married on 09/09/2011

I was referred to Stax o wax by two other people and I am so glad i choose them!!!! There are so many companies out there~word of mouth is the best reference! They made everything so easy and it all ran so smoothly, I had nothing to woory about! We got married on friday Spt 9, 2011 and our first venue ended up closeing, but that wasnt a problem for them~they just followed us whereever we wanted to go! The music was excellent and everyone got to hear a variety of whatever they wanted! Very friendly people too! They are so organized, that you dont have to be! I will deffinately be telling anyone I know that is getting married about them!

Sent on 09/28/2011

JODI · Married on 09/04/2011

When I got engaged I knew instantly that I wanted Stax-O-wax for our DJ. They have been in business for years, and have been hired to do weddings for our family a few times, so I had seen them in action before. My fiance had never heard of them but after meeting both Shawn and Curt (owners) on our first meeting he was all game, and ready to sign a contract on the spot.
    They had a plethora amount of music to choose from, so much in fact we decided to only choose the songs that we did not want played (chicken dance, hoki-pokie). If there was something that we wanted and we did not see on the huge list, they were willing to purchase it from I-Tunes. We decided to let the professionals do what we hired them to do!!!!!
    We hired them to play the music for our ceremony, play at our reception and have up-lights put in our venue. We were so happy with our choices. During our cocktail hour they played e-z listening music that led up to the dinner performance that people were able to be entertained as dinner was being served. As my new husband and I looked over our guests we could see the amazement and joy on their faces, dinner was finally not a bore at a wedding.
    We did not have to worry at all when we opened the dance floor with our first dance. Shawn and Curt played the music and our guests LOVED THEM !!!!!!! They would check periodically to see how we thought things were going and to keep things on track and told us when certain songs were coming up that we needed or wanted to know about.
    These are actual comments from our guests that at 6 months later we are still hearing."Who were the DJ's at your wedding", "That was the best wedding we have been to in a long time", "Those DJ's that you had were great we danced all night", "the dinner performance that they DJ's did was awesome", "We could have kept dancing".
    So my friends in my opinion the music at your wedding or any event that you may be having really does make a difference. The decision of hiring Stax - O -Wax really was a no brainer to me. We were extremely happy, our guests were happy, and my new mother-in-law was so happy that the three of them had to take a picture together so she could show them off to friends that were unable to attend from S.C.

If you want your wedding to be a hit, HIRE THEM YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!

Jodi and Gary Collins

Sent on 03/05/2012

Carolyn · Married on 08/11/2011

Kurt is AMAZING!

If we did our wedding over again, I would book them in a heartbeat and ask them to replicate everything they did! They showed up EARLY! Set up EARLY! we got pictures from them before our photographer! I called him about 20 times with questions for the wedding and he helped with every single one (and half of them were not even about the DJ!)

if you want your wedding to run smoothly, BOOK THIS DJ COMPANY!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Casey · Married on 08/06/2011

We hired Stax O Wax for our wedding on August 6, 2011 and it was our goal to have the most fun wedding/party ever. Shawn and Nick certainly helped us do that! From the get go Shawn was very friendly, personable and easy to work with. He responded in a very timely manner to any questions we had leading up to the wedding and provided lots of helpful insight and suggestions to some of the things we wanted to do.

From the start of the reception to the very end, Shawn and Nick were awesome! They started the dance off by getting everyone on the dance floor and kept them there the entire night. Shawn and Nick incorporated a variety of music that appealed to everyone. We had many people say that it was literally impossible to leave the dance floor because every time they tried another good song would come on. Shawn and Nick truly took our reception to the next level and gave us the party we wanted.

Hiring Stax O Wax for our wedding was easily one of the best decisions we ever made. In addition to creating an awesome atmosphere, that many of our friends said felt more like a club than a wedding, Shawn's attention to detail and preparedness prior to the wedding made for a flawless reception. A DJ can make or break a wedding, so if you want a wedding where people walk away and say that was one of the best and most fun weddings they have been to I would hire Stax O Wax. That's response we got and we can't give Shawn and Nick enough thanks and credit for making our day so fun and memorable.

Sent on 08/29/2011

Jeff · Married on 08/05/2011

These guys were FANTASTIC!!! Seriously the best DJ company that I've seen. We had Shawn and Curt, both of the owners, playing at my wedding and everyone was raving about them and continues to. Already I have 2 of my wifes gf's who are getting married soon wanting to book them. The music was great, the mixes were awesome, and they were always there checking up making sure we were having fun which I see as extremely important. I know a lot of DJ's play that "traditional cheesy DJ Music" for weddings. Everything we had that night was new, my age group (27) and had everyone on the Floor. The floor was packed the whole night too which I was surprised with my family....so double great job to them! Definitely worth it!

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • F

Fe · Married on 07/30/2011

You will be blown away when you hire Stax O Wax. We had Shawn and Nick for my daughter's wedding and they were FABULOUS! We had at least 20 people say they are going to hire them for their next event and EVEN MORE people comment on how funny and entertaining they were. They played a great mix, were funny, personable, professional and most of all listened to the bride and did whatever she wanted. We were so entertained during dinner which is usually a pretty dull time waiting for your food to be delivered, but we had Shawn and Nick entertaining us throughout the dinner and we were all cracking up and singing along. It was amazing. You won't be sorry when you hire them, you will be the talk of the town. A good DJ can really "make" the reception. We had a full dance floor, with all age groups out there ALL NIGHT. Best decision ever. Thanks to them, my daughter's dreams came true, a fabulous reception.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2011

Stax O Wax is the most amazing DJ vendor! If you have been looking for a DJ that will make your wedding or party a hit, then these are your guys. My husband and I waited 14 yrs to get married. Honestly the biggest reason was that we were afraid of how it would work out when we got our families together. His family is very traditional Mexican, and mine is American. Two completely different music expectations. We met with Shawn, and he was confident that he could make it work. We hired him, but were still really nervous about how it was going to work. 4 days before the wedding we had every detail worked out, except the music. Stax O Wax gave us access to their site which has a great song planner guide, and sent us several reminders to fill it out, but we just kept putting it off because we were so
    nervous about mixing the two musics together. Shawn met with us in person and we went through everything together step by step. We really felt better after that meeting. On our wedding day, everything was perfect. Shawn was very attentive the whole evening. He really cared about our comfort
    as well as our guests. He was so perceptive as to which music to play. By the middle of the wedding, EVERYONE was on the dance floor! It was amazing! Shawn was excellent! I would recommend him to
    anyone who wants to throw an event that people will talk about forever. I also want to add that we chose to use the uplighting provided by Stax O Wax, and it was fantastic! We were married at our venue, and used the uplighting for our reception. It truly changed the look and feel of the room. Everyone loved it!

Sent on 08/08/2011
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 07/16/2011

Stax O Wax is awesome! Throughout the planning, if I had a question, they would respond very quickly. Extremely helpful! Curt was our DJ at the wedding and he was fantastic! He was so outgoing and played a great mix of music. The dance floor was full the entire night!! Thanks, Curt!!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Natalie · Married on 07/02/2011

Curt and Shawn were the DJ's for our wedding on 7-2-11. They were AMAZING!!!!! We had many many many compliments. They came highly recommended to us and now we will always highly recommend them. They are very professional, can get the crowd moving, and most importantly they make sure the bride is happy and stress free : ). Thank you Shawn and Curt for helping make our day perfect!!!
    Natalie & Mike

Sent on 07/10/2011

Adam · Married on 06/26/2011

Hiring Stax O Wax was the best thing we did during our wedding planning! From the beginning to the end they made it comfortable, easy, and just the way we wanted. We would not only recommend them, but also plan on using them again for any future music needs. Our wedding was 6-26-11, and we have been getting so many wonderful comments from family and friends!
    Shawn, and his son, were such a big part of making our day wonderful...we cannot thank them enough!

If you are considering using Stax O Wax-- Do it and you will be extremely happy!

Adam and Vicky

Sent on 07/11/2011

Laura · Married on 06/11/2011

I had Stax O Wax for our wedding reception and would highly recommend them to everyone!! Curt was our DJ and did a phenomenal job!! He was always a step ahead. Curt called the week of the wedding and double-checked everything, and wanted to make sure it would be what I wanted it to be. Curt gave me good advice about how to keep the night going smooth and keep everyone happy. He communicated with me throughout the whole night and I had so many compliments from my guests at how fun it was. I again would highly recommend Stax O Wax, they do such an incredible job!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Katie · Married on 06/04/2011

I used Stax O Wax for my wedding this past weekend. Shawn was my DJ and I could not be happier with the job he did. Not only was he a great DJ, he also did a great job making sure the reception ran smoothly. He was always very helpful to me and my husband and made sure we knew what to expect throughout the reception. It was very reassuring to know that we had someone taking care of all the little things to make our reception wonderful. We have had so many compliments on our wedding and everybody had a blast dancing! I highly recommend Stax O Wax!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Elaine · Married on 06/04/2011

Stax-O-Wax was a great idea!!! I got a recommendation from them through my sisters friend. Curt discussed all my song choices with me, pointed out which songs would leave the dance floor empty and which would get it rocking. I really really appreciate him being 100% honest with me. Curt was professional and very flexible, as he has to set up twice b/c there was miss-communication on my part. Thank for making my ceremony and reception a blast!!!
    Elaine

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • chrisele

chrisele · Married on 06/03/2011

Shawn & his son did a wonderful job for our wedding reception. We wish more people would have danced and that was concerning to Shawn; he always asked us what else he could do to get more people on the floor. We expressed to him everyone is having a wonderful time and the ones who wanted to dance, danced. Me and my husband danced pretty much all night and that is all that really matters. We did a surprise dance and it was a huge hit!!!! Stax always answered our questions and always seemed very enthused to be a part of our wedding. I would highly recommend Stax and extra lights. If you want to have great communication with your DJ, fun times, and many memories I highly recommend them. So many of our guests will not stop talking about how great the night was. Thanks again Shawn and Curt!!!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Nelson

Sent on 06/07/2011

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2011

Hiring Stax O Wax to do the music for my reception was the best decision I could have made. The music was awesome, the DJ was enthusiastic, and they were very helpful in helping me with playlists and suggestions to make sure the night went as good as it could have gone. I would definitely recommend them to anybody looking for a DJ!!

Sent on 06/06/2011

Hanna · Married on 03/12/2011

The service that I received was outstanding. I got engaged on New Years Eve, and my fiance and I decided to get married right away. I remember seeing Stax o Wax at my friends wedding 4 years ago, and gave them a call. I talked with Sean and Kurt about djing my wedding ceremony and reception. They were so nice, and gave me great ideas for songs and were very helpful in laying out an idea of how things were going to happen.

My ceremony was beautiful, and exactly how I imagined it to be. The reception was so much fun! I have never danced so much. I have gotten nothing but compliments from my friends and family.

I have to give Stax o Wax all the credit of making my wedding the best that I have ever gone to. The best part..... It was mine!

Sent on 04/27/2011