Stax O Wax DJ Productions Reviews

226 | Cary, IL

226 Reviews for Stax O Wax DJ Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Tom · Married on 12/29/2012

Shawn Peat and Stax O Wax were great to work with. Shawn lead the engagement of our services and conversations from the beginning, and we knew from the start that the confidence and experience Shawn conveyed would result in a great wedding celebration.

Shawn's management of our reception was well done, customer focused to accomplish what we desired, yet he made everything easy on us as hosts, by leading our guests into a great night of dancing and fun.

Great job Shawn! Thank you.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Stax O Wax did a fantastic job at my wedding reception! They were recommended by the reception hall as well as by my aunt, who had them do her wedding 15 years ago! I met with Shawn months in advance and was he able to work with my budget. We got the 2 star package and some up-lighting. My husband and I really wanted to have our say in what songs were (and weren't) played, so we spent hours planning with their online profile and playlists builder. The database had almost every song we wanted. A few days before the event, Curt, from Stax O Wax unexpectedly called. He informed us that he would DJ our event and he wanted to go over the playlist, party introductions, and order of events right then and there (Apparently, Curt's and my schedules conflicted so we couldn't figure a time to call back--this is the only reason I was tempted to deduct half a point for flexibility). Curt took pictures at the reception, with permission, to be displayed on Facebook. These turned out to be some of the first (and great) pictures we actually saw after the event, which was really cool! Everything went smoothly, he did a great job of keeping people dancing, everything sounded great, and the lighting effects were sufficient. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 02/02/2013

Gary · Married on 10/13/2012

My wife and I were recommended by a family member to use Stax O Wax. What a great recommendation. We choose a few songs but we really left it to Stax O Wax to deliver a wonderful night full of music and they did not disappoint. We never wanted to the party to stop!!!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Megan · Married on 10/13/2012

We are extremely pleased and satisfied with all the services we received from Stax O Wax. Shawn was our DJ for the night and he did an outstanding job with music, setting up for our video montage and taking some photos of those special moments. Stax O Wax in general has kept me feeling calm and worry free throughout the planning process. I have spoke to both Curt and Shawn and they really make sure everyone is on the same page during the planning process. Thank you for everything. We will recommend you to everyone that needs DJ.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/05/2012

Stax O Wax was great to work with from the very beginning. From the first inquiry my fiance and I sent, we were called not even an hour later from Stax O Wax eager to work with us. They were very professional to work with and kept me (the bride) on top of what needed to be done. During the wedding, Curt did an amazing job working with the bridal party. He would check in frequently to see how things were going so we were always in the loop. I'd recommend Stax O Wax to everyone!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kaitlin · Married on 09/14/2012

Absolutely the best DJ there is! Everyone is still talking about how amazing they are and probably will be for a long time!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Jill · Married on 09/08/2012

These guys are the best DJ's we've ever seen! They made every part of our wedding amazing. We got so many compliments from everyone at our wedding about how entertaining they are! They do everything they can to make sure your happy. I will recommend these guys to everyone I know! They are definitely not just DJ's, they are entertainers!!!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Mike · Married on 09/08/2012

As father of the bride I can gladly recommend Stax-O-Wax to any future brides & grooms considering a DJ service for their event. Simply put, these guys are the best. Curt and his crew made our wedding reception come alive. They have the best gear, the best attitude, the best value of anyone else out there. They are true showmen, who know how to keep the party going and my daughter Meghan and her husband Andrew along with the rest of us could not be happier. All the best Mike Molloy

Sent on 09/10/2012

Stax of Wax was wonderful. We ordered the 4 star package and the "Classic Dinner Show" came with it. It was very enjoyable. Many of my guests said that it was very entertaining and that the DJs were very funny.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Nick and Kristine · Married on 08/18/2012

Absolutely amazing couldn't have gotten a better DJ. The music was great, the DJ kept the party going to entire night not a dull moment everything was fantastic

Sent on 08/19/2012

Laura · Married on 08/04/2012

Shawn was wonderful. Absolutely responsive and helpful before the wedding. I felt relieved knowing that someone besides me knew how the timing of the reception should go! There was a great selection of songs online with a super easy way to put them on our play list-- but for the few that weren't on there, no problem-- Shawn had them for us. He totally got our sense of humor, totally respected how we wanted our reception to be, and even made sure that my mother-in-law's surprise serenade was going to be fun and cute (and not mortifying) before he gave her the mic! We never stopped dancing all night, and looking at the pictures now, I can't believe some of the random relatives who also partied all night long!

Shawn made the reception so so so much fun, I never had a worry or stopped smiling all night. What more can you ask!?!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Shawn was our DJ, and we really enjoyed working with him. He played a nice variety of songs that all of our guests enjoyed. The dance floor was packed all night with people from age 6 to 60. Shawn honored our “please play” list and our “do not play” list (even when guests requested some of the “do not play” songs at the reception). In addition, we had some unique requests from guests during the event. Shawn did a great job of checking in with us and also providing us with some guidance for responding to those requests based on his experience. I would definitely recommend Shawn and Stax O Wax to future brides!

Sent on 01/27/2013

Janice · Married on 07/21/2012

Fantastic DJ's. Had the whole ceremony & reception running smooth. Love them!

Sent on 07/28/2012

Rhosslynn · Married on 07/21/2012

These guys were so great! They helped us with music selection, got out on the floor to keep people dancing, and were super friendly! We also used them for lighting and it looked so beautiful!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Shannon · Married on 07/14/2012

After reading many reviews and listening to my Mother’s advice, (My Mother had used Stax o Wax when she remarried years after my Father had passed. She said they were phenomenal and weeks, months, and even years after her wedding she still received compliments on her DJ and everyone wanted to know who she used. She said to me, “Well, Shannon, they’ve been in business for almost 30 years so they must be doing something right”). I sent an email to get a quote on packages and within minutes I had a response and personal phone call. To put it simply, I was stunned at how quickly I was contacted and in that moment it was evident that Stax o Wax was all about customer service. After getting some questions answered, Dave and I made an appointment to meet with Curt of Stax o Wax. We were very impressed with all Stax o Wax had to offer and how down to earth and professional Curt was. On our drive home, Dave kept saying how impressed he was and said, “I don’t think we will find a better DJ company to go with”, and I couldn’t have agreed more. Within the next week we signed a contract with Stax o Wax and thus our journey began. We had our online planning and request forms that I was able to input and update our information up until the week before our wedding. I’m a Mother of an almost 16 month old and a teacher, so being able to do this on my own time and at my own pace was a lifesaver! Anytime I had a question, again, Curt or Shawn immediately answered any and all of my questions. The week of the wedding, Curt called me to go over all of my forms and to give me the run down of how the night would play out. Dave and I did choose the 5 star package and added lighting, and the video montage, so we knew we were going to have a night to remember! We did have Curt as our main DJ/MC and the whole evening ran without a hitch. Curt would check in with us throughout the night, and would make changes (per request); he was very accommodating and flexible. Our video montage turned out beautifully, and the great part is we have a copy of it to keep and show to our daughter, and future children! Our night was filled with great music, dancing, laughter, and irreplaceable memories! I speak for both my husband and myself when I say going with Stax o Wax DJ Productions was one of the best decisions we collectively made. During our reception and since our wedding, I have received so many compliments on our DJ and the music, and have heard I can’t remember when I had such a great time at a wedding, and I can’t believe how much fun and how beautiful the night has been. All of our guests and my husband and I had such a fun filled evening, which is what a wedding is all about! So, if you’re looking for a professional company that truly does value and put their customers first, answers any and all questions and responds to emails and phone calls within minutes, listens to your wants and needs, makes your night about you, keeps your guests entertained, puts on a phenomenal show, and has everyone out on the dance floor, then I HIGHLY recommend Stax o Wax DJ Productions for your upcoming event; we weren’t disappointed with them and I guarantee you won’t be either!
    Best of luck and much love
    ~Shannon~

Sent on 07/24/2012

Larry · Married on 07/07/2012

Shawn Peat was outstanding in every way! He made our evening something everyone will remember for a long, long time! Stax O Wax still outshines all other wedding DJ's and having used Shawn 16 yrs. ago at my daughter's wedding and now for my own - that is a true testiment for a group of guys that know their business and have kept up that reputation for all these years. The night was phenomenal. The dance floor lighting was amazing and Shawn kept the dance floor full all evening with great songs one right after another!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Melinda · Married on 06/09/2012

Just got back from my honeymoon (AWESOME!!!!), and needed to write this... Stax of Wax did such a great job for me that I couldn't even imagine having anyone else. We had our ceremony outside in the gazebo, and they did the music and helped get the bridal party down the aisle all at the right time. That didn't happen at rehearsal!

When I got to our reception, the room was beautiful! The LED lights matched my bridesmaids dresses and cake perfectly! The reception was everything I hoped it would be. Everyone danced and had so much fun. I was hearing comments from my family all night about how great the DJ was. Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Sent on 06/23/2012
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 06/02/2012

We are so happy that we picked Stax O Wax DJ Productions to be our DJ for our wedding! We were so lucky to have Shawn! He had an awesome personality and a great taste in music! He kept my family smiling, singing, and dancing the WHOLE night!! When we were walking around and visiting with our friends and family, we kept hearing how awesome our DJ and music was! I would recommend these guys to anyone and everyone! They helped make our day perfect!!!

Sent on 06/03/2012

James · Married on 06/02/2012

DJ was awesome kept everyone dancing and also helped us escape the photographer a few times also which helps alot GREAT JOB

Sent on 06/11/2012

Katie · Married on 05/12/2012

Stax o Wax was great to work with, they had a very detailed website and they were able to accomodate all of my requests! Sean was very helpful and provided excellent service leading up to the reception and had a great mix of music during the reception that kept everyone dancing all night!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Chelsea · Married on 04/28/2012

We had a great DJ who knew how to keep the dance floor going. Everyone had so much fun! I think one of the big keys to a great party is the music, and Curt nailed it. He also MC'ed for us, which really helped me keep on a schedule and not have to worry about anything at all during the reception. I have absolutely no negative feedback and am really glad we hired Stax O Wax.

Sent on 05/05/2012

Chris · Married on 04/28/2012

They were amazing, all night the music never stopped and they kept the fun going all night. They played all the music we liked and did a great job of making the night about us. I would recommend them if you want the best DJ for you wedding, everything about them was top notch.

Sent on 05/12/2012

Kathleen · Married on 04/27/2012

Stax O Wax DJ - what can we say but "FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!". We've been to numerous weddings & venues were Stax O Wax were the entertainment and they've yet to disappoint. Never has there been a time when they didn't have the party up and dancing. The lighting used to highlight the room was just wonderful and colors were custom designed to match our wedding theme. While extremely professional, couldn't have been more pleasant and friendly. Owners Curt & Shawn were available at all times to assist in whatever questions or concerns we had and were always in contact with us regarding updates and in anything we needed. I'm looking forward to the next party I attend in which Stax O Wax is providing the music. Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Shannon · Married on 04/20/2012

John & I can't thank Stax of Wax enough. They were incredible to work with. Anytime I called or emailed, they were right there to answer. I wish my photographer and florist were as professional. They played all the music I wanted, and they really know how to keep the party going. I also had them do the uplighting, which made my room look beautiful. Stax is the best! I will be happy to speak to anyone that would like a referral.

Sent on 05/05/2012

Gina · Married on 03/31/2012

Stax o wax was phenomenal!! They were extremely attentive to our requests throughout the entire planning process. They made the flow of the night perfect and I felt completely relaxed and comfortable the entire night. The dance floor remained filled the entire evening. They knew exactly what to play to keep the party going. They also provided us with beautiful lighting to make our room really pop. Shaun and Curt were absolutely wonderful to work with and I will highly recommend them to anyone I can! Outstanding!! They made my wedding night a night I will never forget:)

Sent on 04/01/2012